WTF (Work Time Fun PSP game) $14.99 brand new @ GS/EB

thabizzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I don't believe this has been posted. I stopped by Gamestop today looking for Ninja Scroll on UMD. They didn't have it, but while the sales rep and I were talking(she was pretty cool) she mentioned and highly recommended WTF and told me it was only $14.99. I've been meaning to buy this game for a while, so I picked it up. I love my PSP.

Use SAVER for free shipping:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=190346

So PSPs are $14.99 at EBGS now?? WTF indeed. :cool:

:roll: Yeah, I know, Work Time Fun, I'm j/k.

Somebody should post that at SD/FW though.

WTF = Work Time Fun
It's a bunch of decent minigames; it looks like something we might see on the Nintendo Wii (like Wii Play).
This has been going on for a while; I just haven't seen it at my local EB and GS.

Wow, reading the title I really thought PSP's were $14.99 at GS/EB right now. I was about to sprint to the store.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']IT'S... DR. Tran!

...I'm done now.[/quote]

what you say? l no Dr. Tran..shut up!

LoL ...

I couldn't help it..(nice to see I am not the only one who stays up too late)

I'll stop now too

OMG, that's an excellent price. I'm probably going to get it myself since I badly want it.

I also found out Death Jr. 2 dropped to $19.99 also. Guess I have two new PSP games to buy. :D

This is a pretty good game, I think. I gladly paid $30 for it. It's hilarious! Many don't know that this is a sequel to the game Wario Ware ripped off. (Baito Hell or something on the PSOne circa 1997)

The only problem is after awhlie it gets too hard to unlock the mini games. I kinda gave up, but I'll probably give it another go. Some of the games are really funny. Not necessarily fun, but definitley hilarious.

[quote name='paean']WTF is horrible. Not worth $5 unless you can resell for more.[/quote]

I agree with U. This game is verrrry bad. The worst PSP game that I paid full price for it.

I've heard that it's little more than the poor man's Wario Ware. And I love me some Wario Ware, but the games and the concept just seems too derivative and copycat for my tastes.

I CAN recommend it for that price, it is actually a really fun game. It's pretty addicting just trying to unlock each new video game, and there is a lot of humor put into the game. Though I won't say its an awesome game, it is still pretty solid, especially for that price.

[quote name='cybersalad']This is a pretty good game, I think. I gladly paid $30 for it. It's hilarious! Many don't know that this is a sequel to the game Wario Ware ripped off. (Baito Hell or something on the PSOne circa 1997)

The only problem is after awhlie it gets too hard to unlock the mini games. I kinda gave up, but I'll probably give it another go. Some of the games are really funny. Not necessarily fun, but definitley hilarious.[/QUOTE]I plan to download a game save anyway, making things easier for me.

[quote name='linkpwns']Only 30 minigames... WTF to that...

Most warioware games double and tripple that...[/QUOTE]
Try 5-7 times that. WTF is a terrible game, IMO. It's a joke on the player.

[quote name='linkpwns']Only 30 minigames... WTF to that...

Most warioware games double and tripple that...[/quote]
Not a fair comparison at all. Wario is full of throwaway minigames that all last five seconds at the most. WTF's games are more involved, and most can last several minutes each, depending on your skill.

And yeah, the game is basically a joke on the player. If you dig the premise and can appreciate a laugh at your own expense, you'll love it. It's a shame that most people don't really get what the game is trying to do, and the fact that it was advertised as a "wacky minigame collection!" didn't help things, since most people associate that sort of thing with Warioware. For me, it's one of the top five games on PSP right now, and it's easily worth $15.

[quote name='Sardoose']Not a fair comparison at all. Wario is full of throwaway minigames that all last five seconds at the most. WTF's games are more involved, and most can last several minutes each, depending on your skill.

And yeah, the game is basically a joke on the player. If you dig the premise and can appreciate a laugh at your own expense, you'll love it. It's a shame that most people don't really get what the game is trying to do, and the fact that it was advertised as a "wacky minigame collection!" didn't help things, since most people associate that sort of thing with Warioware. For me, it's one of the top five games on PSP right now, and it's easily worth $15.[/QUOTE]
It's very important to note that Wario Ware's games are designed to be short and fun. WTF's games are designed to be as drawn out as possible, and (here's the important bit) not fun. When the joke on the player is that he has to play boring games for a long period of time in order to (MAYBE!) unlock one or two more boring games, well, that's quickly not funny.

Well the Japanese version of this game translates to "Part time job hell" and that is pretty much the way I see it (or the Japanese version that I played). Everything is a chore......making it the worst video game I've played in years!!!

I picked this up for $15 at GS over the weekend... it wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I do appreciate the humor / intent behind the title. The thing that strikes me most is that these games seem as if they were written by folks who are just starting out in programming / learning about game design. That's not a bad thing, since there's lots of good fun in there, but there's also very little depth in any one particular game (really "task" would be a more appropriate description).

My favorite has to be Demonstration Roundup tho... at least there are different strategies you can try to roundup the most demonstrators in the 7 minutes.

This is a game with a select audience. It most certainly is not for eveyone. But, I happen to really enjoy this game. It's one of those games that you play when you're waiting for something else...

bread's done
Back