WWE '12 coming November 22: Macho Man announced as DLC in Jan. 9/10 on IGN

It's a great place to go for that sort of stuff. Any time any news leaks, it's posted there within the minute.

First WWE '12 DLC announced - HBK, Michael Cole and Jim Ross. Three more to be revealed later today.

Looks like Edge and Christian will have their older "five second pose"-era outfits (Christian w/ long hair and huge sunglasses).

Rumored list of complete DLC:

Shawn Michaels
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Batista
Brodus Clay
Mick Foley
Jim Ross
Michael Cole
Kharma
Trish Stratus
Alicia Fox
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella
Vickie Guerrero

I just pre-ordered the Xbox version from bestbuy.com. Includes the Rock, like most or all places, and also a Randy Orton avatar t-shirt. And they are offering a $10 bestbuy.com digital gift card, if anyone is interested. I can't wait until this game comes out. In the meantime, I think I'll spend way to much money on Wrestlemania tickets since it's the first time it's been in Miami, which is only 45min-1 hour drive from me.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'd rather have Brodus Clay DLC for Saturday Night Slam Masters since he'd fit in just as well there.[/QUOTE]

Punchout as King Hippo, Jr.

I wasn't going to buy this until maybe March or April when it was $20 at Hastings (just like every year...) .. but I think I'm going to dive in day one. Haven't bought a wrestling game day one since WWF No Mercy.

I know leagues never work, but is anyone looking to play online much this year? I always get it planning to play online, but never do. The lag wasn't as bad last year as it has been so hopefully it'll play alright.

Man, Tuesday can't come soon enough! I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a wrestling game. I will probably play some online, but I am more of a single-player WWE gamer. I always kicked ass against the AI and even some friends that came over, then I hop online and get destroyed everytime. I guess the AI is easier than my fellow gamers.

Got my preorder in at BestBuy.com with store pickup. I'll go pick it up early that morning. I'm so excited for this game with all the DLC character announcements.

The AI is much harder this year round. I got decimated every time I try and loved it. Tuesday really cant be here soon enough. I'd be up for a league as well. Storylines and all that fun stuff?

wow.. nice to see macho madness..

still havent preordered but will prob jump on an amazon preorder.. missed out on their earlier 56.99 price..

is there any better deals out there?

[quote name='guyver2077']wow.. nice to see macho madness..

still havent preordered but will prob jump on an amazon preorder.. missed out on their earlier 56.99 price..

is there any better deals out there?[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.com is offering a $10 digital gift card with pre-order to be used on bestbuy.com only.

Best Buy B&M is offering a free Rock dvd.

Target will have it until Wednesday only for $47

[quote name='guyver2077']wow.. nice to see macho madness..

is there any better deals out there?[/QUOTE]

Its in Targets ad for 47 on release day.

I have been reading a lot of stuff over at caws.ws and it keeps getting better. I just wish they kept the ladder physics the same. The wake up taunts are awesome and you never know how a match will go. I played as The Miz vs Cody Rhodes and we kept reversing finishers till Cody hit me with the Cross Rhodes for the win. Just this 1 vs 1 match lasted half hour. They started out strong and fast, then half way through they got sluggish and tired. I love it and can't wait. I'll be getting fan axxes, anybody else?

I'm not a fan of IGN by any means, but I'm glad to see them give a WWE game such a high score.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I played as The Miz vs Cody Rhodes and we kept reversing finishers till Cody hit me with the Cross Rhodes for the win. Just this 1 vs 1 match lasted half hour. They started out strong and fast, then half way through they got sluggish and tired.[/QUOTE]

I hate to use this word, but I had a downright epic Austin/Rock match in Legends of Wrestlemania a while back. Not even for a video game, just an awesome wrestling match. I loved how cinematic that game was, with all the different moments you were supposed to recreate that are specific to that particular match. I hit all the spots from Wrestlemania XV, then tried to pin him quickly but then for the next 15 minutes or so, every single move that either of us attempted was countered or reversed, and as the match went on I started getting tired. I finally hit the Stunner, but he kicked out and I about jumped across the room. It was so much fun and I've never had that kind of rhythm in a game before or since.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']The AI is much harder this year round. I got decimated every time I try and loved it. Tuesday really cant be here soon enough. I'd be up for a league as well. Storylines and all that fun stuff?[/QUOTE]

Good. I found Legend difficulty too easy in the past couple SvR games.

[quote name='mightymek']
Target will have it until Wednesday only for $47[/QUOTE]

whoa not bad.. but im guessin we wont get the rock dlc if you purchase instore?

[quote name='guyver2077']whoa not bad.. but im guessin we wont get the rock dlc if you purchase instore?[/QUOTE]

You'll get it, it is supposedly for preorders only, but ads have stated otherwise.

Yah, ads say Rock dlc. My local Target was selling them tonight. I got a hold of them at 9:50, so I'll pick it up tomorrow. Even if rock isnt included, it will be 90 days till he is dlc.

I played the demo at Best Buy today.

You unlock Brock after playing your first match in WWE Universe mode. As in you can sim every match, but you won't unlock him until you actually play through a match. It could be any match involving the men. So say you have Heath Slater vs. Santino as the first match in Universe mode you decide to play, Lesnar will attack whoever wins and thus unlocking Lesnar. It's funny though, I simmed a couple of weeks in the Universe and Lesnar showed up twice as a mystery opponent, but didn't unlock until you play a match and get the cut scene.

Tried to get it at Target earlier today to no avail. Everything went smooth till it wouldnt ring up because the register wouldnt validate my purchase. Register said, DO NOT SELL BEFORE RELEASE DATE OF 11/22/11

I'm not waiting a week for it. If they ensured release date, would have been different. Considering my wife got a $30 gift card from her work, the game will only be $17 for me. Second to best wrestling game so far IMHO and can't beat the price lol.

I think I'll start adding theme songs tonight as well since there are some good ones on caws.ws with reverb and the sound fixed.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I think I'll start adding theme songs tonight[/QUOTE]

This is my least favorite part of any wrestling game. I had to go buy a hard drive for my slim just so I could rip Cult of Personality into SvR '11. Which then pissed me off because it's SeS hobo Punk in the game.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']

I think I'll start adding theme songs tonight as well since there are some good ones on caws.ws with reverb and the sound fixed.[/QUOTE]

Evidently the game adds the echo as the rips of the themes do not have the added arena effects.

[quote name='Matt Young']$47 on Amazon right now but the estimated delivery date for me, even with Prime, is the 29th.[/QUOTE]

hell yea.. hopefully that delivery date is wrong

Got mine in at BB.com with a $10 online coupon with in-store pickup. Going to PM Target's in-store price, $47.

So excited for Tuesday. I'm going out first thing, so I can game before class.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Evidently the game adds the echo as the rips of the themes do not have the added arena effects.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing different on the themes honestly. I guess Tuesday we will know.

I bought SvR 2011 today because I love the ladder physics.

PM sent scorch. When I played ladder in WWE 12 I didn't like the ladder physics. Also hate that they got rid of holding a submission past 5.

Did anyone who pre-ordered early get their copy today from Amazon? It's so weird that they'd run out of stock and not offer release day delivery.

Count me among the many who bought this after swearing off wrestling games years ago.

Installing now. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. All the negative reviews seem to focus on Road to Wrestlemania. A few Universe design choices also seem strange. But I got it at TRU with my gift card from Skyrim, and got another gift card with this game, so it wasn't an expensive gamble.

So I don't know how to edit the themes to add arena echos, but I'm officially open for business in the custom themes department. Working on packs right now. Should I release an ECW or WCW pack? I think I'll make a mixture. ECW had very few original themes, if any.

I'll get around to doing a WWE pack eventually.

edit: Got bored and taught myself how to add reverb. Very simple. Converting songs now. These sound horrid on the computer, I hope they sound better in-game. If they don't, I'll just do themepacks without reverb.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='folkie_1']Count me among the many who bought this after swearing off wrestling games years ago.

Installing now. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. All the negative reviews seem to focus on Road to Wrestlemania. A few Universe design choices also seem strange. But I got it at TRU with my gift card from Skyrim, and got another gift card with this game, so it wasn't an expensive gamble.[/QUOTE]

Game's got some issues, but the creation features have never been more robust. Create-An-Arena is a big step forward.

I had an awesome match for the IC title. Jackson vs Bryan (me). I got my come back cause Jackson started off strong even on easy. Hit all the comeback spots, get my finisher and Jackson reversed it right into the Torture Rack. I have never been so happy to lose like that. It was amazing.

Okay I just had a pretty awesome storyline development.

Santino and Husky Harris was involved in a little feud on Superstars, Santino won a couple of their matches, then in the third match Husky Harris won, then Mason Ryan came out and turned heel on Santino. Harris ran back into the ring and beat up Ryan then had a staredown with Santino.

Evidently that was a double turn as I got a news update saying Ryan turned heel and Husky turned babyface.

I'm enjoying the game so far, although I find the control scheme to be a little too complex for it's own good, and the CPU is way off balance still. This time they are way too aggressive I feel, constantly reversing your moves, and getting opportunities to hit their finish way before you do. I also find that the window in which to to hit the button and successfully reverse a move is way too short, and it's almost impossible to do successfully. I'm sure I'll get past these things however and learn to love the game.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I had an awesome match for the IC title. Jackson vs Bryan (me). I got my come back cause Jackson started off strong even on easy. Hit all the comeback spots, get my finisher and Jackson reversed it right into the Torture Rack. I have never been so happy to lose like that. It was amazing.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience. I was Del Rio facing Cena. I was dominating him for the entire match until he hit his 5 moves of doom to pick up the win. It was such a satisfying and realistic ending that I couldn't help but be happy with it.

bread's done
Back