WWE 13 $29.99 @ GameStop

got my price adjustment today at bestbuy...this game was good at $49 (the original price I bought in), and is a STEAL at $29. Thanks OP!!!

Didn't know about the Attitude Era, did some research, now it's a no brainer purchase for me. I just want to relive my childhood and watch DX as much as possible.

Decided to roll the dice and order a used copy online. I know. I know. But I was able to combine my 10% Powerup discount, with CAG16, and SAVER to get it for $23 shipped. If it's not complete, I'll just swap it out locally, and even it the online pass is used, buying it with discounted MS points won't be too bad.

picked up my ps3 copy today...store manager was quite surprised at the price...amazes me how many times you read on here, that the managers and employees are so surprised by the price drops, when the customer comes in and tells them. You'd think they stay on top of things like that.

either way, I'm satisfied at this price, been a little upset ever since i missed out on a $25 used copy someone was selling locally a month or so back.

Lengthy install times.... Downer. Took damn near an hour for me. Also is it worth getting the season pass? Wish I'd have gotten it for $10 when it was sale.

this is off topic, i guess i lucked out today, went to pick up my wwe 12 in store pickup order for $9.99 from the previous bestbuy sale. I did not check my bag, before leaving the store, when i got home, and opened my bag, finding wwe 13 instead of 12, LMao

Thanks OP! Went to my local GameStop and picked up a new copy for the $30 sale price. They gave me what is apparently a pre-order or launch copy which included the Mike Tyson character DLC. That + sale price = helluva deal in my book.

i was tempted to get this for 27.99 (used price) and use cag16 for 16% off but none of my local stores has this in stock preowned. 23 and change i would have bit as i already have an online pass and mike tyson dlc.

im gonna sleep on it and possibly drive to pasadena tomorrow to do it

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']What if I am a WWE All-Stars Fan and hated everything since Wrestlemania XXI on Xbox to SVR2009 on 360, would this be a good purchase?[/QUOTE]

I would say only buy if you grew up in the Attitude era. The control system was redone last year, but I kinda like the older Smackdown games better. Rent it from Redbox and try it for a night or two.

Does anyone have an extra Mike Tyson dlc code for Xbox they would be willing to give me or sell me for a small fee?

My copy from Gamestop didnt come with one unfortunately.

I would be eternally grateful if someone can help out this fellow CAG.

If you watched wrestling during the 90's this is a must buy for the Attitude Era mode alone. I'm actually tempted to get some of the DLC characters from the Attitude Era.

I thought about getting this, doubt I would know half the wrestlers anymore though. I haven't watched it in about 10 years.

anyone know of any good coupon codes i can use to get this even cheaper?

if anyone has gamestop credit i'd be willing to trade mike tyson dlc for it

One thing I have found funny/odd about this game is they blur out and censor any reference to World Wrestling Federation.

[quote name='LordVila']One thing I have found funny/odd about this game is they blur out and censor any reference to World Wrestling Federation.[/QUOTE]

its a legal thing. as the wwf name is now owned by the world wildlife foundation. (panda mascot)

the wrestling organization lost the trademark, something along the lines of that.

it's kind of a bummer that they blur it out though. i assume it was too much red tape to get licensing rights to have it appear in game.

heres a link explaining it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE#Name_dispute

[quote name='tokyostomp']its a legal thing. as the wwf name is now owned by the world wildlife foundation. (panda mascot)

the wrestling organization lost the trademark, something along the lines of that.

it's kind of a bummer that they blur it out though. i assume it was too much red tape to get licensing rights to have it appear in game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE#Name_dispute[/QUOTE]

I always wondered about that. Thanks

[quote name='blume3']I thought about getting this, doubt I would know half the wrestlers anymore though. I haven't watched it in about 10 years.[/QUOTE]

This years edition has wrestlers from 1997-current... Actually, half the roster is from 1997-2002.

Great price on this. I bought it on release day and thought the $60 price tag was well worth it. Like everyone else said, if you loved the Stone Cold/Rock late 90's early 2000's WWE, then this game is perfect for you. I LOVE the attitude era mode and the rest is great too. I grabbed the season pass when it was on sale for PS+ users for $10 also. Even though it's not on sale anymore, if you get the season pass, you get two bonus wrestlers is Goldust and Diamond Dallas Page, two of my all time faves.

The Smackdown taping on Tuesday in Miami can't come soon enough!

[quote name='tokyostomp']its a legal thing. as the wwf name is now owned by the world wildlife foundation. (panda mascot)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE#Name_dispute[/QUOTE]
I believe a deal was made recently that removed the need to blur the old wwf logo.

[quote name='kitsunisan']I believe a deal was made recently that removed the need to blur the old wwf logo.[/QUOTE]

you are right as the NWO and Attitude Era dvds have no censoring of anything WWF, even as far back as RAW 1000 anything WWF wasn't blurred in the video packages

WWE came to a settlement agreement with the World Worldlife Fund over WWE's usage of the WWF name and the scratch logo, which was one of the sources of the legal issues between the two sides that led to the name World Wrestling Entertainment being created. Going forward, WWE will be able to use older archival material and footage with the WWF letters and the scratch logo. They cannot promote themselves or the material as WWF obviously but if they want to play footage of say, Wrestlemania 17 for example, they can use the footage, unblurred and allow that footage to use the name.

As the WWE Network comes closer to launching, WWE wanted the issue with their older footage squared away due to the amount of work and manpower it would take to blur years of footage.

[quote name='tokyostomp']i was tempted to get this for 27.99 (used price) and use cag16 for 16% off but none of my local stores has this in stock preowned. 23 and change i would have bit as i already have an online pass and mike tyson dlc.

im gonna sleep on it and possibly drive to pasadena tomorrow to do it[/QUOTE]

can i use the cag16 in store?

I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually enjoyed WWE12 more than this years. The "Attitude Era" is cool and all, but if you are a wrestling fan, you know the outcome for all the matches. I enjoyed the story mode in last years as they were all new, original stories. Having said that, this year's edition is solid. Especially with the underrated Gangrel in it!!!!

[quote name='snatcher33']I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually enjoyed WWE12 more than this years. The "Attitude Era" is cool and all, but if you are a wrestling fan, you know the outcome for all the matches. I enjoyed the story mode in last years as they were all new, original stories. Having said that, this year's edition is solid. Especially with the underrated Gangrel in it!!!![/QUOTE]

how is the story mode in this one?

lol so im special. i gave away all my tyson codes and totally forgot to save one for myself. i don't suppose anyone has an extra code i can have/trade for on 360

[quote name='snatcher33']I may be in the minority on this one, but I actually enjoyed WWE12 more than this years. The "Attitude Era" is cool and all, but if you are a wrestling fan, you know the outcome for all the matches. I enjoyed the story mode in last years as they were all new, original stories. Having said that, this year's edition is solid. Especially with the underrated Gangrel in it!!!![/QUOTE]

wait gangrel is in this ? !!!!!! my interest is even higher now. i gotta put cm punk against him :D

i am trading my old copy and buying a new copy when does it expire

[quote name='starmask2k3']i am trading my old copy and buying a new copy when does it expire[/QUOTE]

Its in the weekly ad, so till the 8th. You always seem to ask questions that have fairly simple answers. Not hating on you, just pointing it out.;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Its in the weekly ad, so till the 8th. You always seem to ask questions that have fairly simple answers. Not hating on you, just pointing it out.;)[/QUOTE]

They've been on my ignore list for a long time. :dunce:

[quote name='strait edge follower']wait gangrel is in this ? !!!!!! my interest is even higher now. i gotta put cm punk against him :D[/QUOTE]

Gangrel is DLC, but it's awesome they included him.

[quote name='starmask2k3']is this dead[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude? Your question was answered a couple posts up. Also answered by simply checking gamestop.com.

I was telling the OP that its dead to closed it so a mod can move it to dead deals

[quote name='starmask2k3']I was telling the OP that its dead to closed it so a mod can move it to dead deals[/QUOTE]

No, just no.

bread's done
Back