WWE All Stars - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out Now!!

screwkick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
200828b.jpg

Official Site: http://www.wweallstars.com/

Confirmed Roster:

Legends

Ricky Steamboat
Andre The Giant
Hulk Hogan
The Ultimate Warrior
Bret Hart
The Rock
Randy Savage
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Sgt. Slaughter
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Eddie Guerrero
Shawn Michaels
Jimmy Snuka
Mr. Perfect
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Superstars

John Cena
Randy Orton
Jack Swagger
Edge
Kane
Sheamus
The Big Show
Triple H
John Morrison
Rey Mysterio
Kofi Kingston
CM Punk
The Miz
Drew McIntyre
The Undertaker

DLC

Honky Tonk Man (Free DLC in April)
Hawk
Animal
Dusty Rhodes
Cody Rhodes
Big Bossman
Chris Jericho
Jerry "The King" Lawler
Michael Hayes
Mark Henry
R-Truth
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (Pre-Order Bonus Character)
Ted DiBiase Jr. (Pre-Order Bonus Character)

Last edited by a moderator:
this game is as awesome as an nes/snes game, but those games would end up being $5 on xbl psn.

i will rent it and experience what i can, when it goes down i will buy if i liked my renting experience.

60 on one game is ok, but when you add in buying a sheep load it gets to high. i cant imagine how much money i would have lost if i bought all my $9 games for their full pricing

[quote name='Scorch']demo will be available this tuesday[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I was hoping they would demo this game. Haven't heard or seen too much about it lately. Was starting to worry that it could be an instant bargain bin game.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm probably one of the biggest WWE fans on CAG, and even I have no desire to pay $60 for this game.[/QUOTE]

I say the same thing every November.

Full-price is never acceptable for a sports title, but it could be fun. I need a break from the sim-style every now and then. I think I'm the only person who loved In Your House.

October is when SvR comes out. ;)

I have no problem paying $60 for Smackdown vs. Raw, but this game doesn't appeal to me as a full price title. The demo could very well change my mind, but I'm still playing and loving SvR 2011 and just don't feel like this would be a worthy investment for me at this time. That's not to say I don't think it will have its merits.

For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed In Your House. I bought my first PS1 system just for that game.

I haven't played wrestling video games since the superb THQ ones for n64.. Do the current gen wrestling games have online royal rumble? that'd be amazing.

I'm going to rent this for a week from blockbuster, I bought the Wrestlemania Legends game and 1000/1000 it in like a week. I figure I can probably knock this one out in a week too for $10 rental.

I feel like this game is to wrestling what NBA Jam is to basketball. And I'm a huge fan of Jam, as well as a huge fan of the old school wrestling scene. This might be a no brainer, but probably not at $60. Can't wait to play the demo and test this out.

What we need is dome deals on this game.. ill prob pick it up day one regardless of price just because its a wrestling game... but I havent even seen one gc deal

[quote name='guyver2077']What we need is dome deals on this game.. ill prob pick it up day one regardless of price just because its a wrestling game... but I havent even seen one gc deal[/QUOTE]

Well you get the DiBiases for preordering at Gamestop.

[quote name='xblaze23']I haven't played wrestling video games since the superb THQ ones for n64.. Do the current gen wrestling games have online royal rumble? that'd be amazing.[/QUOTE]

Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 does.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Well you get the DiBiases for preordering at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

man.. yea i saw that... but i havent bought anything at gs for years now.... ughh

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I feel like this game is to wrestling what NBA Jam is to basketball. And I'm a huge fan of Jam, as well as a huge fan of the old school wrestling scene. This might be a no brainer, but probably not at $60. Can't wait to play the demo and test this out.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Last WWE game I bought was WWE Smackdown vs. Raw '06 on PS2 (I loved GM mode). The demo will have to REALLY wow me for a 1st day purchase.

Bunch of new avatar gear up on XBL marketplace. Austin 3:16 shirt, Piper outfit, Hogan outfit, Ultimate Warrior mask, green bag w/ Damien prop, Undertaker's urn prop, Million Dollar Belt prop, Slaughter outfit, Bret outfit, Savage outfit (from his neon cowboy days). Speaking of which, the fact that there's no hat for Savage's outfit takes it to no-buy status.

Ooh, they may have just lost my money - Just read on IGN that CAW's will have non-editable movesets. You can copy another star's moveset and change the finisher, but that's it.

[quote name='Scorch']Ooh, they may have just lost my money - Just read on IGN that CAW's will have non-editable movesets. You can copy another star's moveset and change the finisher, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

:shock: That's just unexcusable in 2011.

It's fun I'll give it that. I'm just confused as to why it takes forever to grapple for a finisher. Maybe it's just me, but I can never get a finisher off on somebody.

ughhh at the crappy entrances..

edit- cant figure out the finisher.. i press lb and rb.. and warrior just poses and turns gold..

edit- watching the demo videos and noticed hollywood hogan and black and purple taker... big plus!

With the finishers, you can't let your opponent hit you. For instance, when using Warrior hit the finisher buttons when Mysterio is down so Warrior can taunt. Mysterio will then get up, you will have to hit the finisher buttons again before Mysterio hits you then you will do the Gorilla Press Slam.

Yeah, I can kind of see why you can't choose movesets since it's more like a fighting game. If that's the case though, I wish they just would have let you edit the default roster and not bothered with a half-assed CAW option. WWE may not have liked the idea of the user making Triple H wear pink panties or something though, so that may not have been an option either.

Didn't think too much of it. Easily won just using strikes. I'll grab it on Goozex in a couple of months.

Game is fun but a tad bit difficult.I managed to pull off 4 finishers but CPU was still able to kick out. I'll rent it.Definitely plays like the old N64 games which is a huge plus.

Just played the demo..and I'm not quite sure what just happened. I know I suck when my defense in a fighting game is ACTUALLY good for a change!

EDIT: Actually got a win with Ultimate Warrior! You know, it's a rather fun button masher. A lot more fun than LoW was. But I'm not sure about $60.

Played the demo. It's a pass @ $60. I'm more like in the $20 or under category on this one.

edit: I'm tempted to get the Million Dollar Belt avatar prop. :)

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Played the demo. It's a pass @ $60. I'm more like in the $20 or under category on this one.

edit: I'm tempted to get the Million Dollar Belt avatar prop. :)[/QUOTE]

I bit on the Million Dollar Belt. I haven't had a chance to try the demo.

Seems ok except for the way you do a finishing move. Press LB+RB to activate finisher mode and then hit LB+RB again to grapple and do the move. BUT if your opponent hits you in ANY WAY before you actually connect with it, you lose the finisher.

[quote name='kburns10']:shock: That's just unexcusable in 2011.[/QUOTE] its bad, but if you want that play SVR

[quote name='timesplitt']its bad, but if you want that play SVR[/QUOTE]

That's true. I guess any sort of deviation at this point from SvR is a welcomed change. It was fun, but button mashing is an understatement. I have yet to develop any strategy above "Pound Rey with my fists until I earn a finsher and use it". Definitely could be some mindless fun though once I get the controls down more.

I think my favorite parts of the demo are how the right trigger doesn't always allow you to run (especially at the start of the match) and how rarely you actually pull off a counter move, even if you hit the right button at the right time.

[quote name='Scorch']I think my favorite parts of the demo are how the right trigger doesn't always allow you to run (especially at the start of the match) and how rarely you actually pull off a counter move, even if you hit the right button at the right time.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The controls are not tight by any means. I think I pulled off my finisher once out of about 10 matches. Also attention to detail is lacking. The ring entrances were mixed. Warrior gets the full down the ramp, in the ring treatment, while Mysterio's gets cut half way down the ramp. Also, outside the ring there's no announce tables, or stairs. The crowd also seems to be very generic.

Might be giving this a second thought as a day one purchase. :cry:

I didn't like the Demo at all. The controls we're frustrating and it seemed odd that the Ultimate Warrior was acting like a luchador.

[quote name='Scorch']I think my favorite parts of the demo are how the right trigger doesn't always allow you to run (especially at the start of the match) and how rarely you actually pull off a counter move, even if you hit the right button at the right time.[/QUOTE]

u cant run without meter and u time ur counters by watching the animation

also the demo guide explains the games mechanics
http://thqinc.cachefly.net/wwe/AllSt...ategyGuide.pdf

also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztk6w5l5bj0

heres a full match showcasing grapplers (bret hart vs HHH)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ipIbtaW-g

2 days away and still no decent deals. (aside if your a kmart fan)

Guess im just spoiled by amazon.. I mean the game couldnt be selling that well can it...

[quote name='guyver2077']2 days away and still no decent deals. (aside if your a kmart fan)

Guess im just spoiled by amazon.. I mean the game couldnt be selling that well can it...[/QUOTE]

More like the opposite. It's probably not much of a blimp on the game radar, so that's why there isn't many deals on it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this for $30 within the next two months.

bread's done
Back