WWE ALL STARS! THQ brings a wrestler that invokes the AKI days!!! Demo out now!

Saint Noir

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I was excited for this game. Then I played the demo and now I love this game.

wweallstarslogo.png

"WWE All-stars is an arcade style wrestling game that pits current superstar wrestlers from the WWE and legends from earlier eras together in the same game. Classic wrestlers like Andre the Giant, Jimmy Snuka, the Ultimate Warrior and many more face off against current superstars like John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton and Undertaker in battles designed to determine who is actually the best of all time in the "squared circle." Additional features include: a wealth of match types, The best roster ever seen in a wrestling game, four character classes and more."

The game features a large roster and several game modes.

Here is the roster...

WWE Legends:
Andre The Giant
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Bret "Hit Man" Hart
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
The Rock
Hulk Hogan
The Ultimate Warrior
Eddie Guerrero
Sgt. Slaughter
Mr. Perfect
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Shawn Michaels
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

WWE Superstars:
John Cena
Triple H
Rey Mysterio
John Morrison
The Big Show
Kofi Kingston
Sheamus
Randy Orton
The Miz
CM Punk
Drew McIntyre
The Undertaker
Jack Swagger
Kane
Edge

MR. PERFECT!! :applause:

mrperfectv.jpg

This is a game for those of us that miss the AKI Engine wrestlers of old (WCW/NWO Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000, Def Jam Vendetta etc). It plays VERY similar (weak and strong strikes and grapples, once you grapple another button determines your move, quick ring outs, easy reverses). The graphics look a bit weak in screens, but on your TV the characters are HUGE and the art style fits the game perfectly. I suggest any fan of wrestling games or the great games of AKI check it out.

Also... produced by SAL DIVITA!

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fICgOSGaeVw

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that we're starting to see a few more games go back to the days games were more simplistic. And fun. Used to love NBA Jam back in the day and love the console version, and I used to be a big fan of No Mercy in the N64 days which is kind of what this reminds me of. What I don't like is that the price tags are staying the same :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'm really excited for this game, but not until it hits about $30. $60 is just too much.

Yeah. As much as I want this, I don't know if I can pay $60... but that comes down to the DLC. I want ALL the DLC characters (want most of them at least)... so I don't want my end line on this game getting up to like $80. So, I will grab it cheaper so I can get the DLC too and not feel bad.

DLC characters ALREADY announced...
- The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
- Ted DiBiase Jr
- Dusty Rhodes
- Cody Rhodes
- Hawk
- Animal
- Big Bossman
- Chris Jericho
- Jerry "The King" Lawler
- Michael Hayes
- Mark Henry
- R-Truth

Just played some of All Stars. I think the game kind of sucks. The first match I played as Warrior. Rey hit a top rope move over and over, non-stop until he was able to pin me. I couldn't get out of range either because by the time I'd get up, Rey was already flying through the air about to hit me again. Good to see the AI is nice and cheap.

Once this hits $15-$20, maybe I'll grab it. If it winds up being like that Legends game THQ put out awhile back, this should drop in price really quick.

I don't think I got hit by Rey from the top rope once... I ran out of the ring every time. :lol: And the AI could get on a roll... but for the most part I smashed it. Played it almost just like the old school ones from N64 days too... :whistle2:s

I played the demo and it was way better than what I thought it would be. I'm kind of like you though and don't want to spend 60 bucks on it. I'll prob wait till its a bit cheaper.

I'll have to check out the demo now, as I am a HUGE fan of the old AKI games.

Until this thread, everything I've read or heard about this game led me to believe that it would be arcadey crap.

[quote name='SEH']Just played some of All Stars. I think the game kind of sucks. The first match I played as Warrior. Rey hit a top rope move over and over, non-stop until he was able to pin me. I couldn't get out of range either because by the time I'd get up, Rey was already flying through the air about to hit me again. Good to see the AI is nice and cheap.

Once this hits $15-$20, maybe I'll grab it. If it winds up being like that Legends game THQ put out awhile back, this should drop in price really quick.[/QUOTE]

I played a Rey and EVERY time I went from the top rope Warrior grabbed me and power bombed the shit out of me. I then spent half that match being juggled.

Personally I wish they'd release a game with a play style similar to the old arcade game Wrestlefest. I plunked so many quarters into that game at the local arcades.

Either that or one like WWF Superstars from even further back.

Dunno how you can play this game and NOT have fun. Every button does something cool. The characters and moves look incredible, and it plays exactly like the old AKI games on the N64. For me, that means it walks that perfect line between accessibility and depth.

The moves just work. Once you know the controls, it's easy to pick up and understand exactly what you're doing. Every time your characters clash, you're never stuck just getting pounded on. With proper timing, almost everything can be blocked or reversed. Like the AKI games, it's all about timing, predicting what your opponent is going to throw out, and just plain STYLE.

If you can't get hype when The Warrior grabs Rey Mysterio by the neck, holds him up in the air for all to see, and throws him clear across the ring in slow motion, well, I just don't know what to say.

This isn't a fighting game. This is a wrestling game. They used to make games like this back in the day, and nothing goes better with a house-full of friends and a case of beer than a good wrestling game.

Might have to check out the demo. I have grown to hate the more recent Smackdown vs Raw games, but this sounds like something I would enjoy. I never played the N64 games (my friend's fav wrestling game is No Mercy) where as the closest Arcade style wrestling game I played is Superstars/Raw/In Your House or however many they used to have in the mid-nineties.

i've had this preordered from newegg for a while...this looks like my action figures from when i was a kid.

I was expecting something like Legends of Wrestlemania, but the demo has me convinced that i was right to preorder.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']I played a Rey and EVERY time I went from the top rope Warrior grabbed me and power bombed the shit out of me. I then spent half that match being juggled.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. When I played an actual person instead of the computer, I found out you can reverse/grab the guys coming off the top rope if you time it right.

Really cool look at the grappler class...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ipIbtaW-g&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the demo a lot but I'm still not sure I can pay more than $30 for it. But I did the same for LoW which I ended up enjoying quite a bit. The demo is just FUN to me, I have SvR 2011 and while it was fun for awhile that series still has so many things that bother me (mostly in the ring stuff, gameplay ect.). I love NBA Jam and this really seems to be in that vein of fun arcade action, although I must admit I do think it plays more like a sim in the grappling aspect. I love the simplistic controls, reminds me of the good ol' days of WCW Revenge/Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy. I don't really watch wrestling very much at all anymore but any wrestling game that has this many awesome legends in it gets my attention, and it looks like this game has the gameplay to back the roster up.

I gotta say that I love this demo. Even from just using the brawler and the high flier the classes feel really different from each other. On the default difficulty I was able to dominate as the Warrior. I was able to counter a lot of Mysterio's acrobatic moves. Then I played as Mysterio and got my ass handed to me by the Warrior. I can't believe how smooth the animations are in this game.

I love how over the top this game is. It's not trying to be a sim like firepro, it's not trying to be whatever the smackdown series has turned into, it's just fun.

I was afraid that this was going to be a game where you instantly drop when your lifebar empties (like a fighting game) but i was shocked when I was still able to throw the little jumping bean around with an empty bar.

I would love to see some really old costumes ("Stunning" Steve Austin anyone?) but I'm just happy that there will be plenty of post-release support.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the gameplay, but I hate how muscular they made the wrestlers look. I'd rather they look like the real people

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm liking what I'm seeing from the gameplay, but I hate how muscular they made the wrestlers look. I'd rather they look like the real people[/QUOTE]

that's a big part of the charm for me, it reminds me of the wwf wrestlers i used to play with as a kid...like these

figures_clicks.jpg

[quote name='thetruelokre']that's a big part of the charm for me, it reminds me of the wwf wrestlers i used to play with as a kid...like these

figures_clicks.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I used to have some of those too and I don't mind a little exaggeration, but I feel like the game went overboard to the point that it becomes a minor distraction. I haven't played it yet, just basing it off of that vid with HHH and Hart

[quote name='GTmaster39']If it's anything like this, I'll buy it when it goes on sale. I friggin loved this game so much!

41sNPIMciHL_SL500_AA300_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Jesus.. that was bad.. I have it my collection though :)

[quote name='thetruelokre']that's a big part of the charm for me, it reminds me of the wwf wrestlers i used to play with as a kid...like these

figures_clicks.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh man I have some of those!!!! I'm super jealous though, you have so many more than me ARGH!!!!

just noticed madcatz made a controller for the game. I'm sure the quality isn't up there, but fans might like it. It's 39.99

79-216-213-02.jpg

edit: they also have a joystick for $79.99

79-216-212-02.jpg

bread's done
Back