WWE DVD Blowout at Wal-Mart.

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I made a post about this in the wrestling board, but it definitely warrants its own thread here - DOZENS of WWE DVDs are $4 and 9 at Wal-Mart locations nation-wide. The ones I saw at the Woodbridge, VA Wal-Mart last night were:
Road Warriors: the Life and Death of Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
Rebellion '02 (Edge vs. Lesnar),
Unforgiven '02 (Benoit vs. Angle)
Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain ($4)
Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks ($4!)
Rob Van Dam: One of a Kind ($4)
John Cena: Word Life (probably $4, and I'll buy it for the matches with Lesnar, Benoit, and Eddie that are on it)
No Way Out '06 (with Angle vs. Taker, which I'll buy Saturday)
Summerslam '05 (Eddie vs. Rey, Hogan vs. HBK, which I'll buy Saturday)
Vengeance '04 (Edge vs. Orton, which I already own)
Unforgiven '04 (HHH vs. Orton, which I have no major desire to own)
World's Greatest Wrestling Managers (this was $9, and has FUJI VICE... so I'll buy it Saturday)
Bad Blood '04 (HHH vs. HBK in a cell, I'll probably buy it Saturday)
Armageddon '05 (Kash vs. Juvi is excellent)
Backlash '04 (already own it, but it's got Orton vs. Foley and Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK II, so BUY IT!)
No Mercy '04
No Mercy '05 (Eddie Guerrero's final PPV)
Survivor Series '05
No Way out '04 (Eddie Guerrero wins the WWE title)

Other deals that have been confirmed through photos, but that I haven't seen are:
Taboo Tuesday '04 for $4
Superstar Billy Graham: 20 Years Too Soon for $4
Million Dollar Tough Enough for $4
Before They Were Superstars for $4
The Stone Cold Truth
Taboo Tuesday '05
Backlash '06

I'm probably forgetting some that I saw, as there was just way too much to keep track of mentally, but this is easily the best wrestling DVD deal yet, so stock up on stuff you might've missed before while it's still readily available at Wal-Mart.

[quote name='furyk']Were these DVDs in a dump bin?[/QUOTE]
The one's I saw were in a bin, yes, but they were all strictly WWE DVDs.

[quote name='6669']The one's I saw were in a bin, yes, but they were all strictly WWE DVDs.[/quote]

whaaa? which wal mart location was this at?

[quote name='6669']The one's I saw were in a bin, yes, but they were all strictly WWE DVDs.[/QUOTE]

If they're in the dump bin, then yes, it's a universal deal. All Wal Marts should have these.

I saw stuff in its own display at the front of the store and in a dump bin in the electronics area. I'm not sure what lead to all of these DVDs being available at such a low price, but I'm grateful for it, as I walked out of Wal-Mart with 5 DVDs for about the regular price of just the Road Warriors set.

Here's a photo of one of the displays (although not the one at my local store, I found this shot online) -
walmartwwedvdareaum8.jpg

The Chris Benoit set at 3.88 is an absolute steal. I'd also say pick up the Road Warriors set and the World's Greatest Managers set for 8.88 or whatever Wal Mart has them priced at.

The Managers and Road Warriors DVDs (managers one is only one disc, unfortunately) are both $9 - I price checked them with an in-store scanner.

WWE suxs, it all rehased crap and xxx smutt. TNA ftw along with INDY and JAP wrestling. It's sad when you have someone like john c. as chump err champ.

I agree with Jay, this is not the place for that. Plus even if you don't care for the WWE, there are several DVD's still worth getting. Hopefully the Wal-Mart close to me has some of these available.

[quote name='yobaburp']WWE suxs, it all rehased crap and xxx smutt. TNA ftw along with INDY and JAP wrestling. It's sad when you have someone like john c. as chump err champ.[/quote]

:roll: Seriously, are you 13 or something? Why thread crap when all Jay is trying to do is post a deal. If it doesn't appeal to you, don't post!

There's a world of difference between what WWE broadcasts and what they do with their DVDs. The Benoit set is especially amazing.

Thanks OP! I will have to check this out. Does anyone know if one of the DVDs on sale contain the steel cage match between the Undertaker and Mankind (with ladders and thumbtacks added into the mix) or Undertaker vs. HBK? Those were one of the most memorable matches I remember.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I saw stuff in its own display at the front of the store and in a dump bin in the electronics area. I'm not sure what lead to all of these DVDs being available at such a low price, but I'm grateful for it, as I walked out of Wal-Mart with 5 DVDs for about the regular price of just the Road Warriors set.

Here's a photo of one of the displays (although not the one at my local store, I found this shot online) -
walmartwwedvdareaum8.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thats kinda what the one I saw looked like, but there wasn't as much left. They had kinda turned that thing into a bin.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Thanks OP! I will have to check this out. Does anyone know if one of the DVDs on sale contain the steel cage match between the Undertaker and Mankind (with ladders and thumbtacks added into the mix) or Undertaker vs. HBK? Those were one of the most memorable matches I remember.[/QUOTE]
The Taker/HBK Cell match is on HBK's set (maybe Taker's as well), and neither of those are included in this sale... that I know of. The Taker/Foley cell is on at least one of Foley's DVDs and probably Taker's. It didn't involve ladders, but did involve everything else imagineable. None of the sets with the stuff you want are known to be part of this, but that could change, as it seems like WWE and Wal-Mart are combining forces to clear out the remaining stock. It might be due to WWE getting a new distribution parter for their DVDs (Genius) and them wanting to clear out all of their Sony-published inventory, or they just want to clear out a bunch of older releases - either way, it's a win/win deal for fans, as just about every style of wrestling is represented between these various sale items.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']The Taker/HBK Cell match is on HBK's set (maybe Taker's as well), and neither of those are included in this sale... that I know of. The Taker/Foley cell is on at least one of Foley's DVDs and probably Taker's. It didn't involve ladders, but did involve everything else imagineable. None of the sets with the stuff you want are known to be part of this, but that could change, as it seems like WWE and Wal-Mart are combining forces to clear out the remaining stock. It might be due to WWE getting a new distribution parter for their DVDs (Genius) and them wanting to clear out all of their Sony-published inventory, or they just want to clear out a bunch of older releases - either way, it's a win/win deal for fans, as just about every style of wrestling is represented between these various sale items.[/quote]Damn. Thanks for the notice. I'll see what my Wal-Mart has in-stock though anyway.

THis seems to be YMMV in regards to whether or not your store actually has the DVD's. Some may just be slower then others in receiving the product or actually placing it on the sales floor, but of the 3 Wal-Mart I was at today, only one actually had the DVDs that were on sale.

[quote name='spmahn']THis seems to be YMMV in regards to whether or not your store actually has the DVD's. Some may just be slower then others in receiving the product or actually placing it on the sales floor, but of the 3 Wal-Mart I was at today, only one actually had the DVDs that were on sale.[/quote]

This is true, my Walmart seems to get stuff like this in a week late or so. I'm so tempted to just go out right now and see if they have this.

But it's cold outside.

[quote name='yobaburp']WWE suxs, it all rehased crap and xxx smutt. TNA ftw along with INDY and JAP wrestling. It's sad when you have someone like john c. as chump err champ.[/QUOTE]

Kent Jones???? Is that you?

I'm going to have to hit on this deal later this week (if my Wallyworld has the bin up yet). Too bad I already own the Benoit DVD. Must get the Road Warriors, BG, and Managers ones tho. :D

I may check out my WM, but my guess is that low price WWE dvds in a Wal-Mart is akin to putting an entire honeyglazed ham in the middle of an overeaters anonymous meeting - those in attendance benefit from presence, while everyone else loses.

I recommend anything that isn't a PPV, including the Billy Graham DVD. I don't imagine it sold very well, but I'll be damned if it isn't amazing to watch a man fall apart the way he did (even though they don't really hammer the "this is what happens when you abuse anabolic steroids" point home enough).

Any collections or "best ofs" are well worth $4 or $8.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Kent Jones???? Is that you?

I'm going to have to hit on this deal later this week (if my Wallyworld has the bin up yet). Too bad I already own the Benoit DVD. Must get the Road Warriors, BG, and Managers ones tho. :D[/QUOTE]
The Managers DVD seems to be a hidden gem in WWE's DVD catalog, as it has a lot of old footage that isn't on anything else, and yet didn't really get much advertising on WWE TV.

I had a feeling Austin's DVD would be part of it, thanks for the confirmatin. It's a pretty good DVD, but is greatly hurt by only being one disc. The documentary is fantastic, and it's got a good assortment of extra matches - well worth $9 in my opinion.

[quote name='ZForce']Nothing at the Wal Mart in Menomonee Falls, WI. Can someone tell me what matches are on the Brock DVD?[/quote]

Hold on and I'll pop it in my PC.

Extras for the Brock DVD...

Brock vs. Hogan Smackdown 8.8.02
Brock vs. Rock Summerslam 8.25.02
Brock vs. Taker (Hell in a Cell) No Mercy 10.20.02
Brock vs. Angle Wrestlemania XIX 3.30.03
Brock vs. Big Show Judgement Day 5.18.03
Brock vs. Big Show Smackdown 6.12.03

that's a pretty solid list of extras for what I presume is a one disc collection. Is the second Big Show match the one where they make the ring collapse? That was awesome

[quote name='ZForce']Is the second Big Show match the one where they make the ring collapse? That was awesome[/quote]

Yep, thats the one.

It was so cool when I saw that on TV.

Man, I wish Brock was on TV again.

I'm combing through other boards to compile as definitive a list as possible, and Backlash '06 and Taboo Tuesday, '05 are also available in this sale. TT '05 features Flair vs. HHH in a cage, while Backlash '06 had... GOD!

The dvd deals are amazing. Unfortunately, I bought the majority of these for $20 a piece! I do have another deal that's kinda late, though. Before I joined CAG, the Dollar General Stores (shitty place i work...so uh...no cheap pop cuz it sucks :D) had gotten in several different WWE VHS tapes (for those still into VHS) for $2.50! I bought half the box. So, I dunno if they would have any left in any other areas, but I thought I'd pass it along just in case.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Extras for the Brock DVD...

Brock vs. Hogan Smackdown 8.8.02
Brock vs. Rock Summerslam 8.25.02
Brock vs. Taker (Hell in a Cell) No Mercy 10.20.02
Brock vs. Angle Wrestlemania XIX 3.30.03
Brock vs. Big Show Judgement Day 5.18.03
Brock vs. Big Show Smackdown 6.12.03[/quote]

which is the one where he totally botches the shooting star press? i'd buy it just for that lol.

[quote name='CaptainCarnage']which is the one where he totally botches the shooting star press? i'd buy it just for that lol.[/quote]

WMXIX vs. Angle.

bread's done
Back