WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009

[quote name='diddy310']Yeah, but Jakks has been releasing action figures of Nash under both his real name and as Diesel while he's been in TNA. I think Nashes contract with TNA allows it (the delay on him re-signing was over merchandising, maybe this had something to do with it)

Foley is a different story, since he left on bad terms and is seemingly on that special shitlist Vince has now.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Nash invited to the Mc's private box at Wrestlemania this past year despite him being in TNA at the time? Didn't Vince also pay for him to fly and pick up Hall or Waltman and take them to rehab? If anyone can pull it off it's Nash.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Looks like Jericho's new attire is going to be DLC. Is this the default song for him in the game or did someone use a custom soundtrack here? Like the other vids, you'll have to click it to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuC1EdvhRs[/QUOTE]

same song used in the IGN vid of him, so I guess thats the theme they'll use in the game.

[quote name='diddy310']Yeah, but Jakks has been releasing action figures of Nash under both his real name and as Diesel while he's been in TNA. I think Nashes contract with TNA allows it (the delay on him re-signing was over merchandising, maybe this had something to do with it)

Foley is a different story, since he left on bad terms and is seemingly on that special shitlist Vince has now.[/quote]

Ah, yes, the inconsistencies of Vince McMahon's 'rules'. Remember, though, that the Legends figures are a sort of outside-the-box thing and have featured a number of people on not-so-great terms with Vince. He's only used his power to stop a tiny handful of them, notably Savage (like always).

However, he *does* seem more concerned about the wrestlers that go into the games. I get that Nash is friends with them and that the figures have kept right on coming, but I really don't see him letting them put a current TNA wrestler in a videogame since those are way more high profile. It's doubly important with Nash who is not only in TNA, but in *their* game as well. (haha, polo shirt).

So, yeah, I totally understand that it's possible, but I just don't see it happening.

[quote name='ZForce']What the people REALLY want to know is.....

Will Santino have his Trombone taunt and a Honk-a-Meter?[/quote]

Fixed.

Though we all know the last one won't happen, but I can dream...

[quote name='ZForce']Will Santino have his Trombone taunt?[/quote]

I've actually heard that he doesn't, but that was early on, they may have added it in since then (hopefully).

[quote name='Scorch']I've actually heard that he doesn't, but that was early on, they may have added it in since then (hopefully).[/quote]

No, it's not unfortunately.

[quote name='007']Ah, yes, the inconsistencies of Vince McMahon's 'rules'. Remember, though, that the Legends figures are a sort of outside-the-box thing and have featured a number of people on not-so-great terms with Vince. He's only used his power to stop a tiny handful of them, notably Savage (like always).
[/quote]

Replace "tiny handful" to just one, which is Savage.

Seems like they have contracts with just about everyone, even The Warrior. And besides Savage, the others who don't have a contract are held up by outside factors. Like Owen not having a contract due to his wife not wanting anything to do with wrestling.

Wal-Mart has it street dated for Sunday. We locked it up in the back.
This might be the first Smackdown I've bought since Here Comes the Pain if the reviews turn out favorable.

[quote name='deadman36g']Are there any deals to be had for this game? If not, I shall pick it up at Best Buy Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Circuit City - free $10 giftcard
Gamecrazy - free Hardys poster
Gamestop - free cooler
Best Buy - free artbook

[quote name='The 7th Number']Why even consider the cooler? Its a really lame "gift" for a wrestling game.[/quote]

Agreed, I will probably be heading to best buy, I got a reward zone membership anyway.

[quote name='deadman36g']Thanks JJSP,

my choices are BB and Gamestop then (don't have the other two) any details on the cooler or art book?\

Edit: Found out about the cooler (http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=58371&sid=126cb7f40e2c3dc3f77413a32ad2c21e) but can't find any info on the art book.[/QUOTE]
I -think- it's Best Buy. Check the weekly ads in the deals section - Speedy mentioned it as a finishing moves art book. Probably shows all of the finishers in various states of render - which actually sounds pretty cool.

My store's already sold out. We got enough to cover pre-orders and a few extras and I went ahead and pre-ordered up through our allocation. Can't wait, mine's at the store waiting.

On a side note, my local Hastings already has it out for rent, but they didn't have it to sell.

got my hands on the ps2 version so ill give it a run for today until i can pick up the 360 version tomm. cc it looks like for me

also scorch ill expect you to have a perfectly synced y2j theme :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, I have always liked using Jericho when he is in the games and really hate his new trunks attire so its nice to see 2 different pants style attires for him. I hope these cheats do not mess up any of the achievement stuff.

Eh, the alt Jericho is likely in only because they assumably built him off of the last build they had of him, which was from SvR06 and had that attire.

That, and I sort of disagree that this is 'Attitude' era Jericho, but I digress.

Got some hands on time with the 360 version tonight, it was pretty nice. I won the belt from CM Punk as Santino in my first match, a truly great way to start the game.

From there, it went to a Miz/Morrison vs. HBK/Orton match. I was Morrison. Randy was in the corner building up his hot tag and HBK was running up behind me.. I ran towards the ropes, hit the attack button, and Morrison jumps on the middle rope and spins around and does a dropkick, taking out both Orton and HBK. It was pretty awesome. The crowd seems louder, there's a LOT more flash photography, the crowd is jumping around and going nuts - everything just feels more alive.

Little subtle changes were added as well.. for instance, if someone is thrown back first into the turnbuckle and you irish whip someone into him, he slams into the person and they both fall. Lillian's announcing, as I previously reported, is still off for some names, but I chose a team of Cryme Tyme at one point, and it sounded good. The others still sounded like she wasn't finished with the name ("From San Antonio Texas, The Heart Break Kid.. Shawn Michaels..." versus "And hailing from blahblah, weighing blahblah, Santino Marella!").

Overall, it's pretty nice. Inferno match is pretty sweet, the flames shoot up every time you hit the mat and the temperature rises. To win, it's similar to HiaC, you get them to the ropes and throw them over the top rope.

It's a pretty solid purchase, I didn't have time to try out the Road to Wrestlemania stuff, but everything seems cool. Definitely looking forward to seeing you guys online. I was a little worried that the game would be unbalanced without the whole stamina thing/wearing limbs down, but they sell moves pretty well. There's several instances where they pop back up, but it's not that often. And finally, finally, they sell the hell out of getting thrown off the top of the cell. Dude was knocked out for at least 30-40 seconds.

As far as a perfectly synced Jericho theme.. I'll work on it, just tell me which version you guys want. It'll be a few days, though, with school and work taking up my time.. I should have some time later on this week (Wednesday) to be making/posting/uploading custom themes. I'm glad to know that someone enjoys them, not mny people commented on them last time.

//edit: And for some really, really weird reason, Jonathan Coachman does commentary with Michael Cole. Not sure what that's about, I didn't think Coach had been around for a while.

Great impressions, Scorch.

It sounds like a must buy for even moderate wrestling fans like myself. Just a matter of when...and where lol

i tried the cena and taker road to wrestlemania very briefly... not bad... i like the fact that during your matches in this mode... announcers will mention what happenned last week or what is coming up next week...

I'm number 2 overall on goozex, so hopefully I'll have the game shortly.

Scorch, either a save us or save me Jericho theme would be fine with me. Anything is better than the default song.

So far, it seems like Create-a-Finisher is limited. :whistle2:( That was the main reason I even considered buying SVR09. I will wait for the patch. Hopefully, it is released before January 31, 2009.

[quote name='JJSP']I -think- it's Best Buy. Check the weekly ads in the deals section - Speedy mentioned it as a finishing moves art book. Probably shows all of the finishers in various states of render - which actually sounds pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

There is a finishing moves booklet that came with the SVR 2008 PS3 LE. It was also released again later with some DVD. I imagine this would probably be the same thing. It's basically photographs of various superstars performing their finishers.

[quote name='guyver2077']ign's reviews are also up..

360 version gets the highest marks[/QUOTE]

Read through the closing comments part and it seems like this is just 08 with some paint.

07/08's controls, which I'm not big on, along with more people, dlc, worthwhile storyline, and create-a-finisher

Which, given the fact that I surprisingly enjoyed 08, is enough for me. If anything, the one guy on here sold me on it: everything feels more alive, which is what I've always wanted. For a series of pretty games, they never really re-created the atmosphere of a show very well and it seems like they might have finally done it.

[quote name='guyver2077']ign's reviews are also up..

360 version gets the highest marks[/QUOTE]

What are the major 360/PS3 differences? One takes 0.15 seconds longer to load, on average? ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']What are the major 360/PS3 differences? One takes 0.15 seconds longer to load, on average? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought /hoped it was something silly, but I found this from IGN's review...

regarding the CAW
"even the fact that the PS3 is getting shorted on layers with a maximum of 37 to Xbox 360's 64. "

Not a deal breaker at all, but then there is this

"Another blow for specific to Sony backers is the fact that SVR 09 runs a bit worse on PS3. Sure, you get a decent framerate this year and the ability to import music from your hard drive for entrances, but when you have a six-man tag match, the game chugs and becomes noticeably slower. "

that sucks, I wanted to pick up another game for the ps3, but I dont want one that cant handle multiple fighters at one time :bomb:

They have some IGN insider comparison video, dont know if anyone has access, but that is supposed to display the differences

picked up my copy this morning.. stupid cc told me that the game does come out to the 11th.. what retards.. i walked over next door to walmart and picked it up

bread's done
Back