WWE: The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story 3-Disc DVD - $4 @ Wal-Mart

HCHecxz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
That's right for you wrestling fans!

I found last night at my Elizabethtown, KY Wal-Mart in the $5 Bargain Bin for DVD's, The Dusty Rhodes Story 3-Disc set, when we brought it up to the checkout, they ran up for $4! Which is a amazing deal on a WWE set if any, especially for a great DVD for such a talent like Dusty Rhodes if you wanna learn about his legend.

So for $4 for a great set that normally retails $20-$25, it's a steal. I tried looking for other Wrestling sets hoping there was more, but no signs of any. Figure i'll share this set to the wrestling fans within CAG!

pretty good deal that you can take to da pay windah!

too bad it doesn't include every episode of WCW Saturday Night with his commentary genius right dere in da bellay-wellay. if you wee-ill.

Great dvd. Highly recommended for any wrestling fan. Dusty is a great interview with his stories and even just listening to him speak can be humorous. In my top 5 wrestling superstar dvd's with documentaries. Bret Hart, Jake the Snake Roberts, Stone Cold Said So, and The Nature Boy Ric Flair are my other four favorites in no order.

I paid around $13 for the set on the wweshop.com site after coupon last month. The dvd had a Best Buy $26.99 sticker on it oddly. I guess Best Buy shipped some of them back to the WWE.

Yeah, any of the WWE sets are absolutely killer.

Edit: If you wheeeelllll.

I remember during Hogan/Piper in WCW, Bobby Heenan said something to the effect of "there are people in NWO shirts screaming for Piper, and there are people in Piper shirts screaming for Hogan," and Dusty Rhodes goes "yeah, and there's people in Hogan shirts chanting for Piper, too!" Classic commentary.

I settled for it and the Piper DVD at fye.com for $5 something (6.29 - 10%) each. Weirdly enough, the Dusty one came with a Best Buy price sticker and it wasn't used. The Dusty one is sold out but Piper's is in stock.

is this ymmv? and i hope this leads to another epic walmart wwe dvd sale like they had..........3 years ago or so, where they had $4 and $9 ppvs and superstar sets. that deal was freaking fantastic.

[quote name='chimpster1313']is this ymmv? and i hope this leads to another epic walmart wwe dvd sale like they had..........3 years ago or so, where they had $4 and $9 ppvs and superstar sets. that deal was freaking fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I think so...I havent seen this DVD in ages @ Walmart only the recent WWE releases.

Fantastic deal. I bought this set right when it came out for $19.99 or so. The documentary on the first disc alone is worth $4. The bonus stuff is just icing on the sweet cake. Worth it for $4 for sure.

Huge Rhodes fan from the NWA days... not so much the retarded polka dot WWF gimmick during his run there... This set IS part of the Legends Collection Tin that FYE is selling for 9.99 after rebate... you get that, the AWA set (awesome) and the Billy Graham set in a nice tin case

I'm a huge wrestling fan, not much of Dusty Rhodes.
But I might pick it up anyways for the documentary, no one can deny how much of an impact hes had on the business.

Sent my wife a text after seeing this thread, and she picked up the last copy in the bin. Copy was rough city, but still - $4 for a 3 disc Dusty Rhodes set sounds like a damn good deal to me! Thanks for the heads up OP.

bread's done
Back