www.utalkback.com

bluemonkey101021

CAGiversary!
ok so i just got this email from gamestop telling me that ive been invited to become a member to an opinion panel called U.Talk.Back. apparently its by invitation only... and for completing surveys you get gamestop gift certificates. sounds cool right?

but...

i had the feeling that i should search it and see what any of you (or the world for that matter) thought about it.. but upon doing a google search... absolutely nothing came up about it.. and the only way to actually access the site through google is to type the address into the search bar.

this seems a little fishy to me. Have any of you recieved this email? can it be trusted? it asks for some personal info (full name, address, phone number, age, etc)

I got it too. While I can't vouch for its legitimacy, it does come from the same email address as all the other gamestop news I get, so that lends it some credibility.

e-rewards has been around for quite sometime (although I think gamestop just partnered up with them or something). The utalkback site sounds new though. According to the e-mail utalkback is for those 25 and under and e-rewards for those 26 and older.

[quote name='snipeskillz']no use this site...way better:
http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=140761[/QUOTE]

Nice of you to join just so you can spam your referring link... :roll:

There's a thread about utalkback in the Free Stuff section.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162786&highlight=utalkback

Some CAGs have used it with good success from what I gather but there have been issues, the hardest part is actually getting surveys. It's been a member since February this year and I've got 300 points now (enough for the $25 GS giftcard), but saving it for another 150 so I can get the $50 giftcard. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I have been on it for a few months now and cashed in my points for a gamestop gift card and got it last week. It takes a while to build up points, but if you got extra time go for it.

[quote name='Bucknut']I have been on it for a few months now and cashed in my points for a gamestop gift card and got it last week. It takes a while to build up points, but if you got extra time go for it.[/quote]

How long did it take to get? I cashed mine in at the end of September and haven't seen my gift card yet.

[quote name='aphu9876']How long did it take to get? I cashed mine in at the end of September and haven't seen my gift card yet.[/quote]
few weeks

I just wanted to let people know I am in this too and got my $50 GS gift card in a few weeks. Nice program and you can choose your level of involvement.

Yeah, me too. I've been trying to figure out why...and does anyone know if you can just search surveys on the site, or if they have to be sent to you? :whistle2:k

It's all based upon the information about yourself that you give to the website. They use that information to match you with the surveys. If you fall into a desired demographic for a survey, they you can participate.

Some months I may only get three or so. Sometimes I might get five or more in a week. Lately, I've had trouble getting past the initial survey to see whether I qualify to go further and earn all the survey points.

I could cash in for the $25 GameSpot gift card right now, but I'm hoping I can accumulate another 70-80 points to get the $50 gift card before my points expire.

[quote name='bluemonkey101021']probably. it also must be extremely new. ill give it a try[/QUOTE]

I've been doing it for almost a year and still don't have enough for a gift card. It isn't like it costs me anything to do it so I'll just keep plugging away whenever I get the e-mail a new survey is available...

[quote name='HotShotX']What's Gamestop really interested in hearing? That people hate getting ripped off in their stores?

~HotShotX[/quote]

I've never had a survey geared at a store, it's always a manufacturer polling to see how popular the product is. I've only had a few gaming related surveys and the one I remember the most was for GH:WT. Most of the time it's pretty vague who's asking the questions though.

i joined about 8 months ago and barely got enough points to get a $50 gamestop card. jus hang in there for those waiting for offers. they come, as long as u set your emails recieved setting to the max.

but i ordered my card november 3rd. its almost goin to be 3 weeks and havent recieved it yet. people have said it took a few weeks. so would you say just to hang tough for another week or so???
any help appreciated. i worked hard for that gift card!!! lol

Yeah, it took me a solid 8-9 months to get a $50 giftcard through u.talk.back. About 70% of the points I needed came within the last two months. Remember kids, patience is a virtue ;)

I don't know if it was related to the site or not, but within two weeks of signing up, I got a calls three times a week for two weeks(redundant?) about acquiring magazines for dirt cheap. So beware of this. Other than that, the site is meh in my opinion.

I redeemed a $50 GameStop Gift Card on Oct 30, 2008 and have yet to receive it Dec 3, 2008. It's been well past the 10 to 12 days they say it will take to get it in the mail. We'll see if it arrives. Like others, it took me almost a year to get the 450 points needed for the $50 gift card.

[quote name='bridgecat']I redeemed a $50 GameStop Gift Card on Oct 30, 2008 and have yet to receive it Dec 3, 2008. It's been well past the 10 to 12 days they say it will take to get it in the mail. We'll see if it arrives. Like others, it took me almost a year to get the 450 points needed for the $50 gift card.[/quote]

i feel your pain bro. we sent 4 the giftcard around the same time. so i guess its not unusual for it to take this long. as long as it eventually gets here ill be happy. although it would be nice to have before christmas

I came this close to getting to do a $25 survey about surgical gloves. Alas, I must've said that I use the wrong brands of surgical gloves.

I just received an email in response to a question I sent to utalkback yesterday about not receiving my $50 GS giftcard. Basically, they had delays, but are trying to send out rewards.

"Thank you for contacting u.talk.back. I apologize for the delay with
your recent gift card redemption. We had an unexpected amount of
redemptions and unfortunately ran out of stock. We have received a new
shipment of gift cards and our fulfillment company is now processing
gift cards that were redeemed in the latter part of October. The oldest
redemptions will be processed first until all past due redemptions are
fulfilled. On our website, we ask that you wait 30 days for delivery to
allow time for unforeseen circumstances such as gift cards being out of
stock. Should you not receive your card within the next 2 weeks, please
contact us so that we can follow-up your redemption."

My redemption was on Oct 30. Thought this might help those that are waiting. Its been a little over 30 days, but hopefully I'll get mine soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bridgecat']I just received an email in response to a question I sent to utalkback yesterday about not receiving my $50 GS giftcard. Basically, they had delays, but are trying to send out rewards.

"Thank you for contacting u.talk.back. I apologize for the delay with
your recent gift card redemption. We had an unexpected amount of
redemptions and unfortunately ran out of stock. We have received a new
shipment of gift cards and our fulfillment company is now processing
gift cards that were redeemed in the latter part of October. The oldest
redemptions will be processed first until all past due redemptions are
fulfilled. On our website, we ask that you wait 30 days for delivery to
allow time for unforeseen circumstances such as gift cards being out of
stock. Should you not receive your card within the next 2 weeks, please
contact us so that we can follow-up your redemption."

My redemption was on Oct 30. Thought this might help those that are waiting. Its been a little over 30 days, but hopefully I'll get mine soon.[/quote]

thanks for the post bridgecat! i was thinking about sending an email very soon to them asking about this problem. so now we know that they are working on it.

I just received my $50 GameStop gift card. It was purchased on Oct 30, 2008. Others should be getting theirs soon I would guess. Took me about a year to get enough points and most were from 50 point surveys every so often, things like watching 40 minute TV shows and answering questions. Don't know if it was worth the time, but it was kind of interesting. Let's hope GameStop doesn't go bankrupt and void all gift cards. :)

i got my giftcard yesterday as well!! strange they arrived on the same day. um if u do freebie sites this is probably not a great one for you simply because it will take the better part of a year to get enough offers to gain points. but if u want to do one on the side and are in no rush, its real and very safe.

I just redeemed my points for $50 GameStop gift card on Christmas Eve and of course I still don't have it. I'm hoping it gets here before the release of Resident Evil 5 since I went ahead and pre-ordered it through GameStop (I never buy from them and if it weren't for the gift card, I would have bought it through Best Buy for Reward Zone points).

Nathan_sama,

Most of the surveys I DID get to finish were worth 40 to 60 points, so after 10 or so successful ones I got the $50 card. It's maybe 1/5 of the ones I am emailed that I am able to finish. Seems not too worth it unless you have an interest in marketing research or surveys like myself.

Apparently, they also have surveys for Pizza Hut (why couldn't Game Stop or Best Buy get my e-mail address for this? :drool:).

At least it's free; and college kids always need pizza. I'm signing up for giftcards right now.

Thanks everyone for testing the waters on utalkback!

Got my 50 dollar gift card to gamestop after about a damn year of those surveys!

They used to flow in quickly to me...until i reached about 400 points. I guess Utalkback figured out that I didn't give a fuck about their magazines and wanted the 50 dollar gift card

did it on last monday, got it today. the quickest turnaround for a free thing i've ever received!

(and through a survey i know that a shitty movie called "the cabin in the woods" is coming out)

That site is legit. I got my $50 GS gift card about a year after I started doing surveys. Now I'm around 400 again.

I completed another year of surveys and redeemed my points for another $50 gift card for GameStop. I haven't gotten the card yet. You can only redeem one gift card a year and points expire in February I think, so after you've redeemed for something there is not point to continuing.

I didn't qualify for the survey, but it looks like there was one for PAIN (PSN) that was worth 400 points (towards the 450 needed for a $50 GameStop GC).

I've experienced several issues where I didn't receive the points. Each time I waited the recommended 10 days, emailed customer service and had the points deposited. One time they gave me a bit of trouble and asked me to wait the 10 days, even though it had been more, but did eventually add the points after a few weeks. The other times, they were pretty quick about it.

I've been a member for months and I haven't reached 100 points yet. It seems like the surveys are rather slow.

I got a survey that was worth like a shitload of points last year, I got a 50$ and 25 $ gift card in about a month of surveys, they rarely come anymore though. I used to get about one survey per week or so but now I get one every month.

bread's done
Back