X-Box 360 4gb Slim question

Vulcan2422

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
I was wondering if anybody else had trouble with there cd reader? Sometimes, If I put a game into the tray, it won't read it. But If I turn the console off then on again, It seems to work just fine. Any body else ever have this problem? Wondering if I should send it in for repair maybe?

I must be the only person I guess with this problem. :(

Really sucks when I have to open and close the drive 5 times for it to start reading the disc.

My brothers old OG 360 did this after a few years. It started to crack the inside ring of discs real bad, a few times they'd compromise the data portion of the disc, essentially making the disc a coaster. Those things aren't even a few months old, so I'd definitely get a hold of MS about it and see what they can do for you.

Personally, I'd stop playing games in it until I had it sorted out. Those cracks are fucked up when you like to collect games.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I must be the only person I guess with this problem. :(
[/QUOTE]
You're not alone (not me thankfully, but I've read some reports/posts).

I mean, sure there is suppose to be some kinks. But man, you'd think they would have this problem fixed. Thanks for the advice fellas

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I mean, sure there is suppose to be some kinks. But man, you'd think they would have this problem fixed. Thanks for the advice fellas[/QUOTE]

It's Microsoft, what do you expect?

Sooooo glad I'm waiting like half a year to a year before I get my slim. Hopefully they'll have these problems sorted out by then. Hopefully.

How much was the 4 gig and why not just get the 250 gig?

(i jumped on the Halo reach console BTW and think i would have been just as happy just buying a new Elite 250 gig)

[quote name='5of9']How much was the 4 gig and why not just get the 250 gig?

(i jumped on the Halo reach console BTW and think i would have been just as happy just buying a new Elite 250 gig)[/QUOTE]

Got it for trading my PS3 20gb. So It was a steal for me since I've been wanting a slim for awhile. Yet it still has the warranty on it till 2011 of August. I just need to get it transfered over. We all know how well that goes when talking to a Live Rep. :/

Some reason, It's working great today. I also picked up the 4 gb cause I already have a 120gb hdd.

It's possible for a unit to be defective without it being a design problem or MS being nefarious. Any mass produced unit is going to have a certain rate of defective units, If they 100% guaranteed every single 360 unit coming out of the factory was perfect you would be paying like a thousand dollars for it due to all the overkill QA they would need to have.

If you bought it recently and it is having trouble, just return it for a replacement. Better to get it out of the way now through your retailer as opposed to trying to get it fixed through MS under warranty- lots more hassle having to ship it to MS, etc.

Ruahrc

bread's done
Back