X*&$%&^$ Ds Did Not Wow Me At All =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

praystation

CAGiversary!
Shoot this is Screwed. This is TOTALLY SHAQ_FUed UP!!! I just got the DS, thought that was a good deal ($140 from bregames shipped with 2 new games)... ANd now they are going to drop the price down to 120??? Sure that comes without game, But the thing is this piece of SHAQ_FU Didn't even impress me AT ALL. PLus the touchscreen get scratched so quick (there are fine scratches now, even though I am using the included stylus). TThis is AMAZINGLY SHAQ_FUed UP. Played Ridge Racer DS for less than 5 minutes and found out the graphic is so lame. N64 portable My Bleep. The textures are so rough, no filtering? Worse than ps1 minus the loading I would say. Heck Ps1 ridge racer (R4)is even better than this one. Then I played the Mario 64. WTH??? The star is Yoshi? Where is my mario? The textures are so rough. How come Nintendo didn't filter the damn textures while they claimed this is a portable N64? That is SHAQ_FUed UP man! All 48 people who voted that I should jump on theDS deal is really SHAQ_FUed up too. (*^%&%&$*&^(*%^$ I thought my decision to buy N-gage was stupid enough, ARGHHHHH.

FInal word DS sucks. It's really "D S" as in "THE ARSE." Now What Am I gonna do? Sell it? It's too late. It's not Brand new anymore. SIgh...

[quote name='Ledhed']There is absolutely nothing funnier than people who actually type out Shaq-Fu on this site.[/QUOTE]
hahaha, it is pretty damn funny.

[quote name='Ledhed']There is absolutely nothing funnier than people who actually type out Shaq-Fu on this site.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Quoted in case he decides to edit it.

Shoot this is Screwed. This is TOTALLY SHAQ_FUed UP!!! I just got the DS, thought that was a good deal ($140 from bregames shipped with 2 new games)... ANd now they are going to drop the price down to 120??? Sure that comes without game, But the thing is this piece of SHAQ_FU Didn't even impress me AT ALL. PLus the touchscreen get scratched so quick (there are fine scratches now, even though I am using the included stylus). TThis is AMAZINGLY SHAQ_FUed UP. Played Ridge Racer DS for less than 5 minutes and found out the graphic is so lame. N64 portable My Bleep. The textures are so rough, no filtering? Worse than ps1 minus the loading I would say. Heck Ps1 ridge racer (R4)is even better than this one. Then I played the Mario 64. WTH??? The star is Yoshi? Where is my mario? The textures are so rough. How come Nintendo didn't filter the damn textures while they claimed this is a portable N64? That is SHAQ_FUed UP man! All 48 people who voted that I should jump on theDS deal is really SHAQ_FUed up too. (*^%&%&$*&^(*%^$ I thought my decision to buy N-gage was stupid enough, ARGHHHHH.

Well you bought Ridge Racer thinking it would wow you, I think that's probably your biggest problem. DS is for innovative games not necessarily the prettiest. If you're a graphics whore get a psp.

[quote name='jimbodan']Well you bought Ridge Racer thinking it would wow you, I think that's probably your biggest problem. DS is for innovative games not necessarily the prettiest. If you're a graphics whore get a psp.[/QUOTE]

I already got one.

Gee... get one of the worst games for the system and you expected to be wowed?:rofl: Mario 64 DS is fun once you play the mini-games (which you obviously haven't gotten to).

And just because you can't make up your own mind, doesn't mean you should blame 48 strangers on the internet who voted in your poll.:roll:

My advice, try some of the 40 or so games and then decide if you like the system or not. If I judged the PSP on two games, it wouldn't have be allowed in my house.:lol:

What do I do with the scratched touch screen though? DOes your DS' touchscreen get scratched up like mine this easy? Anyway I sure hope so. I was wowed by Psp's wipeout pure the day I saw it In SOny Metreon.

[quote name='Scorch']Quoted in case he decides to edit it.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='praystation']Editting it? Why would I?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='The OP']Last edited by praystation : Today at 02:09 AM.[/QUOTE]

/chuckle

My DS's screen was fine. Still is. DS is not about mind blowing graphics, I have consoles for that. It's about playing some fun games, and plenty of amazing GBA games.

Games like Advance Wars (and dozens of others on GBA and DS) continue to blow everything on the PSP out of the water fun-wise. The only thing worth playing on the PSP is Lumines.

[quote name='praystation']I only fixed some typos. BAKA![/QUOTE]

Could've fooled me.

Ok, I'm done being a dick. Carry on everyone.

[quote name='ngamer007']My DS's screen was fine. Still is. DS is not about mind blowing graphics, I have consoles for that. It's about playing some fun games, and plenty of amazing GBA games.

Games like Advance Wars (and dozens of others on GBA and DS) continue to blow everything on the PSP out of the water fun-wise. The only thing worth playing on the PSP is Lumines.[/QUOTE]
I hope you are right. Looking at the price drop news really upset me. Because you see. WHen These companies drop their price, it usually means "something bad." Like the sales aren't good enough, or they are ready to launch something new, or the system is about to die really quick. (Like Dreamcast, 32x, 3do)

[quote name='praystation']I hope you are right. Looking at the price drop news really upset me. Because you see. WHen These companies drop their price, it usually means "something bad." Like the sales aren't good enough, or they are ready to launch something new, or the system is about to die really quick. (Like Dreamcast, 32x, 3do)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, how old are you? Just because a system drops does not mean 'something bad'. DS have been out since November, and the PSP launched in March. The PSP is the biggest competition to ever face the handheld marker ever. Lowering a system $30 isn't 'something bad'. It simply allows the DS to be affordable to those who want it and felt $150 was too much. With Advance Wars and Nintendogs coming out this month, and Mario Kart, Animal Corssing, Castlevania, and Metroid, DS will continue to sell even if morons like you can't appreciate it.

TIP: Don't use you're keys or knife as a stylus.

[quote name='praystation']Ridge Racer DS[/QUOTE]
This is your problem.

[quote name='praystation']Then I played the Mario 64. WTH??? The star is Yoshi? Where is my mario?[/QUOTE]
He's there. Give it a level or two.

this guy is the ds hater and that other guy that sold his psp + hot shots golf is a psp hater.
2 haters that find stupid things to bitch about.

[quote name='Tromack']So we expected a kid with an obviously Sony fanboyish name to like the DS? This is just flamebait.[/QUOTE]
Do you want to see my receipt and my picture holding PSP and DS together? I have both! And I just got the DS today. 343349310009641 Track this number on fedex.com and you will see the delivery date. It arrived, and I tested it right away.
No no I am not a fanboy, a casual gamer. I am a med student, don't have the time to be "core" gamer.

[quote name='gizmogc']Holy crap, how old are you? Just because a system drops does not mean 'something bad'. DS have been out since November, and the PSP launched in March. The PSP is the biggest competition to ever face the handheld marker ever. Lowering a system $30 isn't 'something bad'. It simply allows the DS to be affordable to those who want it and felt $150 was too much. With Advance Wars and Nintendogs coming out this month, and Mario Kart, Animal Corssing, Castlevania, and Metroid, DS will continue to sell even if morons like you can't appreciate it.

TIP: Don't use you're keys or knife as a stylus.[/QUOTE]

You are the MORON yourself. Did I say I use knife or key on the touchscreen? DID I? Get some schooling and learn how to read right!

Actually, I thought it was a funny comment.

Because, you see, my 4 or so months with my DS have lead to nothing more than a few EXTREMELY minor scratches, which can only be seen under the EXACT right lighting.

i.e.; not seen at all.

Praystation has the special edition "scratches easily" DS. Only one was made. He'll get uber money on ebay.

If you don't like the DS, just sell it. If the first thing you went to play on it was Ridge Racer, you've obviously picked it up for the wrong reason.

[quote name='praystation']I just got the DS, thought that was a good deal ($140 from bregames shipped with 2 new games)... ANd now they are going to drop the price down to 120??? [/QUOTE]
nintendowned.png

[quote name='praystation'] I am a med student, don't have the time to be "core" gamer.[/QUOTE]

And I'm a mistical fairy spreading love and peace to the whole world.
God help the world if you're going into the medical profession :roll:

Are stores still doing the Mario bundle? Any chance of finding one. 4130 for the DS and a game would be nice. I'm still waiting for it to be $100 or have a web browser with AIM.

[quote name='praystation']Do you want to see my receipt and my picture holding PSP and DS together? I have both! And I just got the DS today. 343349310009641 Track this number on fedex.com and you will see the delivery date. It arrived, and I tested it right away.
No no I am not a fanboy, a casual gamer. I am a med student, don't have the time to be "core" gamer.[/QUOTE]

First: You bought it and gave up on it in one day? How bout you go pick up Kirby Canvas Curse and Meteos, the games that people actually have been enjoying. And then when you're done with those, go buy Advance Wars DS. Since you're a "med student" your brain should be able to work around that, right?

Which brings me to my second issue: If you're a med student, why to you act like a 12 year old?

Scan a college transcript and an admission letter to med school before you go making obviously fake claims. Just because you cut open cats and play doctor with your sister doesn't mean you are in med school.

I mentioned the knife and keys because it is obvious you don't even know how to use a DS. Are you sure you are using the stylus on the 'touch' screen and not the screen at the top? Ever been to Wal-Mart or Target and seen a DS Demo unit? There scratched up to hell, which reminded me of you're retarded comment.

Before posting claims that 'DS Sucks' spend more then 5 hours with the system, and get better games. Ridge Racers is crap, and Mario 64 is an awesome game. Obviously you are a sony fanboy and may have never played Mario 64 which is one of the top 10 games ever made.

But you're a med student? HAHAH. If so, why do you feel the need to act and post like a 12 year old? Obviously you are older, so atleast type/act like it.

Wow... I had a few things to sayafter the first couple of posts. But now that I've read everything that you guys have said, I sort of feel bad for the guy. Just leave him alone. If he really wants to enjoy the DS, he will. There have been more fun games on it than most any console/handheld since the DS's release...

(And you did pick the worst game. You should have gone with Mario and XX/YY. Try Yoshi, Meteos, Kirby, etc. You will enjoy. And give Mario more than five minutes...:roll: )

[quote name='praystation']Shoot this is Screwed. This is TOTALLY SHAQ_FUed UP!!! I just got the DS, thought that was a good deal ($140 from bregames shipped with 2 new games)... ANd now they are going to drop the price down to 120??? Sure that comes without game, But the thing is this piece of SHAQ_FU Didn't even impress me AT ALL. PLus the touchscreen get scratched so quick (there are fine scratches now, even though I am using the included stylus). TThis is AMAZINGLY SHAQ_FUed UP. Played Ridge Racer DS for less than 5 minutes and found out the graphic is so lame. N64 portable My Bleep. The textures are so rough, no filtering? Worse than ps1 minus the loading I would say. Heck Ps1 ridge racer (R4)is even better than this one. Then I played the Mario 64. WTH??? The star is Yoshi? Where is my mario? The textures are so rough. How come Nintendo didn't filter the damn textures while they claimed this is a portable N64? That is SHAQ_FUed UP man! All 48 people who voted that I should jump on theDS deal is really SHAQ_FUed up too. (*^%&%&$*&^(*%^$ I thought my decision to buy N-gage was stupid enough, ARGHHHHH.[/QUOTE]

Listen. I'll help you. *Rubs head* Everything is going to be okay!

First trade Ridge Racer in towards Meteos, Kirby Cursed Canvas and you'll start to understand why your DS was the right choice.

Then, for Christmas, get copies of Advance Wars : Duel Strike, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Mario Kart DS (Wireless Online Play!!!!), and an imported copy of Jump Superstars. You'll start to see why the DS is amazing. Then get the rest of these games and you'll be in gaming bliss. I mean the biggest problem facing the DS is that it has simply too many good games to play.

Nintendogs
Lunar: Dragon Song
Zoo Tycoon
Trace Memory
Lost in Blue
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Animal Crossing DS
Final Fantasy 3
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Mario & Luigi 2
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

[quote name='MorPhiend']Wow... I had a few things to sayafter the first couple of posts. But now that I've read everything that you guys have said, I sort of feel bad for the guy. Just leave him alone. If he really wants to enjoy the DS, he will. There have been more fun games on it than most any console/handheld since the DS's release...

(And you did pick the worst game. You should have gone with Mario and XX/YY. Try Yoshi, Meteos, Kirby, etc. You will enjoy. And give Mario more than five minutes...:roll: )[/QUOTE]

No, lets not. This guy felt the need to post a thread here and in the PSP forum for attention, so lets give it to him.

HOLY CRAP! I was at SHaQ-FUing EB Games and the guy had a PSP! It BLEW NUts! I can't BELIEVE HOW SHAQUFUING stupid that thing is!!!!!! Sheesh, no good games, and it looks like a COASTER! I saw the box and EVERYTHING!!@P#@#

See how the above doesn't make any sense? I'm not trying to be an ass, but you need to calm down. If you got Ridge Racer you didn't listen to anyone that posted in your thread who told you to get Feel the Magic & Mario. If you don't like it, that's fine. Sell it on eBay before people realize they can get them cheaper in-store now. But, don't blast the system for no reason. That's just silly.

Oh, and good luck on med school when you get there in 13 years!

daroga

I chose mario and feelthe magic. But the ones came were RRDS and mario.

Yes only 5 minutes. Most races in Ridge Racer only take 5-6 minutes. ANd the control is just horrible. I dont remember the N64 versdion was this way. I think Namco altered the control and made it so hard to exit from all the drifts. Unlike Ps1/2/psp version, or even granturismo, I can perform perfect drifts. This one? Keep hitting the wall after each drift I make.

And I wont retaliate against all the flame going toward me. It's just my comment. Don't like it? Just shut the fuck up and move on BAKA!

ANd Yes I am a med student at UCSF. I am also an RN and I work in SFGH. I am a surgical nurse at 4th floor SFGH (maternity unit) and have assisted in many emergency C-sections. And I don't think that surgical game is going to interest me. I have seen too many cases since I graduated from USF nursing school. Don't believe me, go to the SF general hospital, get an entry permit, and go up to the 4th floor, into the surgical ward, and ask for the name of Sutomo. Don't come at night though, because most women give births at night. I dunno why. Maybe has to do with hormonal (Oxytocin) activity at night.

[quote name='gizmogc']I mentioned the knife and keys because it is obvious you don't even know how to use a DS. Are you sure you are using the stylus on the 'touch' screen and not the screen at the top? Ever been to Wal-Mart or Target and seen a DS Demo unit? There scratched up to hell, which reminded me of you're retarded comment.

Before posting claims that 'DS Sucks' spend more then 5 hours with the system, and get better games. Ridge Racers is crap, and Mario 64 is an awesome game. Obviously you are a sony fanboy and may have never played Mario 64 which is one of the top 10 games ever made.

But you're a med student? HAHAH. If so, why do you feel the need to act and post like a 12 year old? Obviously you are older, so atleast type/act like it.[/QUOTE]

Is it really obvious?No. I think you are a tard. Yes I do know how to use s touch screen. I have a lot of PDAs in the past, and right now I am still using Tungsten C. Plus a lot of Security doors and medical equipments (from rectal thermometers, oral hermometers, O2Sat machines, Defibrilators at hospital where I work uses touch screen. ANd I did own an N64, that's why i was expecting to see Mario. with all the punching kicking and triple jumping. Yoshi is a joke.

So from what you are saying you are ALL wrong about me. I did not use a knife or key on touch screen, I do know how to use touch screen, I do know the touch screen is the bottom one. I did own N64, I did play mario 64 ON N64, I am not a sony fanboy (why would I want to waste money on a non SONY systems if I were a fanboy? are u stupid? I think you are). PLus this is my comment, Don't like it? Shut the fuck up and move on. BAKA!

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back