X-Files: I Want to Believe BD Deals & Discussion

ChopstickSamurai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I stopped in Meijer on the way home tonight from Thanksgiving dinner to check to see if they had any Usual Suspects Blu-Rays left for $9.99. While I got lucky and nabbed the last one, I also noticed they had the X-Files: I Want to Believe BD on the shelf and marked $19.99. I was pretty surprised since it comes out next Tuesday and it's a great price. It rang up at $29.99 but the manager did a price adjustment. There were a couple copies left at the Meijer in Maumee, OH on Conant St. I did a search and didn't see any other mention of this so I hope it helps someone out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read an article where Frank Spotnitz said that Fox still isn't sure they want to finance another X-Filess movie. Supposedly they want to wait and see how the DVD sells, because X-Files box office take was basically annihilated by The Dark Knight this summer.
So, get going! Buy that DVD!

This one tanked in theaters....

Thanks though op! Picked up a copy at that store on my way home today.. lady was like "oh its 19.99 on sticker but 29.99? Oh ill change it" no questions asked.. gotta love employees.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']
Thanks though op! Picked up a copy at that store on my way home today.. lady was like "oh its 19.99 on sticker but 29.99? Oh ill change it" no questions asked.. gotta love employees.[/quote]

No problem. Glad I could help out a local CAG!

Wish I had one near me but we shall see what deals come in december. I need two BR and 4 regular sets for gifts this year.

[quote name='aquaboy1976']I'll try one of my Meijer today and see if they have it![/quote]

Its not where the blu rays are catalogued in order.. its on a shelf behind them.. like on an end cap.. thats where mine were anyway :( They only had the new one at mine, the old one I couldnt find.

if you cant find it at the 19.99 price.. you could always order the two pack on amazon for 39.99. ill keep my eye on it to see if it drops any

[quote name='techstar25']I just read an article where Frank Spotnitz said that Fox still isn't sure they want to finance another X-Filess movie. Supposedly they want to wait and see how the DVD sells, because X-Files box office take was basically annihilated by The Dark Knight this summer.
So, get going! Buy that DVD![/quote]

Right... it has nothing to do with the fact that 90% of the people who saw it think it's complete trash.

I wouldn't give any money for a third one, more so because it will loads of cash because the movie would be the aliens invading in 2012.

i liked the sequel.. even though it was a bit different.. they should of stuck with the usual stories..but w.e im still a fan.

a 3rd would be nice but not expected. They were morons for releasing this so close to batman

I also found it for 19.99 at the Meijer on Gull Road in Kalamazoo, they had two more copies left and 3 of the first one for 24.99.

Shame it's not everywhere for $20.

I am a Huge X-files fan, and I was Very disappointed in the second movie.

So, no I will Refuse to spend over $20 for it.

I wish Chris Carter can do it again! I don't know what's wrong with him now. In the 90s, X-files was THE BEST!!! :)

[quote name='techstar25']I just read an article where Frank Spotnitz said that Fox still isn't sure they want to finance another X-Filess movie. Supposedly they want to wait and see how the DVD sells, because X-Files box office take was basically annihilated by The Dark Knight this summer.

It really has to do with the Quality of the movie itself, than blaming on Batman.

I wish they do do another movie, but get it to what it used to be like. The Alien Mytharc stuff!

I think it would be great to try and finish out the alien mythology and realse the move on the actual takeover date. 12.12.2012.
ha, but that would never happen.

It tanked because there was literally no promotion, other than a movie poster.

Only real X-files fans can appreciate this one---it's simply a look into Mulder and Scully's lives after the X-Files, and how Mulder can't let go.

Brilliant movie that will single out those in it just for the monster B rated horor or actually character development. Technically it's a mythology movie as it deals with all the ramifications of what the conspiracy has done to them, plus dozens of hidden meanings throughout the movie that require additional viewing. The whole samatha thing for example got me thinking Carter was finally going give us fans what we wanted most and reopen that story. Very intimate movie about the meaning of forgiveness as well.

best deal ive seen so far is about $32-$33 (may be a little more now since % dropped) shipped for both movies on ebay using cashback. i might give it a go.

Picked it up at a Meijer in Ann Arbor. Stickered at $19.99 and rung up at $29.99. Quick stop at customer service netted me a $15 refund, so it was mine for $14.99. Gotta love the scanner law.

Has anyone seen any good prices on this Fight the Future/I Want to Believe 2-pack that Amazon is selling? I'd snag that for ~$30 or so.

41O3Mjd7BGL._SS500_.jpg

[quote name='Megalith']It tanked because there was literally no promotion, other than a movie poster.[/QUOTE]

There were floods of ads run during SportsCenter at 8 AM. Therefore it was promoted. :lol:

Seriously this movie at best would of been a decent movie of the week type of deal instead of a major box office release. Its not that the movie was bad as I felt it was pretty good. Its just something I'd say rent if you aren't a die hard X-Files fan.

Damn, I finally bite on it, I got both for $39.99 on Amazon. I primarily wanted to upgrade the 1st movie to HD. Fight The Future was Great.

However, the second movie was bad. Chris Carter has really LOST his mind!

When they wrote that stupid script, they actually thought it would be a hit?

Anyway, considering I just paid $15 for the second movie, and $24.99 for the 1st one.

Nice to see Locke again in X-files. ;)

[quote name='PotatoGuy']I think it would be great to try and finish out the alien mythology and realse the move on the actual takeover date. 12.12.2012.
ha, but that would never happen.[/QUOTE]

Really? Because I'm pretty sure that's what they WILL do. It only makes sense.

I really hope Chris Carter still do more X-files movies despite the second movie wasn't a success.

He better make sure the 3rd one is about Mytharc or MUCH more Scary stuff than what's shown in second movie.

finished watching the first one just now... looks ok i guess.. nothing out of this world.. but decent..

im sure the second one looks better..

ppl go buy this... or we wont get another movie!

second movie wasn't a success due to the story. it felt like a 2 hour long filler episode that they threw in the season between episodes where aliens and the smoking man appear.

not a terrible movie, and fun to see xfiles again, but not what i watch xfiles for. less serial killer, more supernatural please.

I saw this on day 1 in the theaters and hated it, my girlfriend who isnt even an x-files fan like i am loved it though. I then bought the blu ray set on amazon and re watched I Want to Belive and on the repeated veiwing i loved it. i think being able to sit and really think about whats going on really helped the movie for me.

I would suggest renting this before buying it, I got it at redbox for a dollar and that was all it was worth, no supernatural aspects to this movie other than the music.
Save your cashs on this one.

[quote name='JolietJake']I hated this movie, there's barely anything supernatural about it.[/quote]

I agree. It was a terrible X-Files movie. The first movie was exactly what I wanted. However, they needed to expand on the UFOs under the ground either in the show or in this movie. Neither happened.

[quote name='techstar25']

Not if there's a snowball's chance in Hell the third film would be even half as sucktacular as I Want To Believe.

bread's done
Back