X-Mas/B-Day gift for Girlfriend... (Neiman Marcus)

iHack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
So it's about that time where I start looking to buy her a gift for X-Mas/B-Day (her birthday is a week after christmas...)

I already know what she wants but I can't believe that Neiman Marcus is the only place I can get this 'bracelet' at.

It is a David Yurman bracelet, here is the exact thing...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...%26Ntt%3Dcolor%2Bclassic%26_requestid%3D54209

Is there some way to use a coupon? anything? ANYTHING? lol thxs in advance... any replies are MUCH appreciated... :)

Wow, that's awfully pricey for a girlfriend. Especially a CAG girlfriend lol. Just kidding. Hopefully she's the one, if not think of it as an investment into the possibility of a very immediate joyful future.

Neiman Marcus can have some decent clearance sales on their website. Shit still isn't cheap, but I got an amazing designer dress for under $200 back in high school for the senior prom. Unfortunately, I googled for coupons and couldn't find anything except for the free shipping they are already offering.

Let's start off with a vital question from the guy who's been there, done that:

How long have you been together?

[quote name='sp00ge']Let's start off with a vital question from the guy who's been there, done that:

How long have you been together?[/QUOTE]

This. :lol:

Of course a true CAG would make her a card or a scrapbook or something. I did the scrapbook thing once - it scored major brownie points and cost me $30.

Major waste of money.

You could get her the MW2 Elite with that $$$$.

Isn't this a gaming site, and not a relationship site?? LOL, just kidding man. I wouldn't spend that money on that.....IMHO of course.

Yikes $400. I bought my lady a $140 bracelet from Tiffany's for Christmas, real simple design and I felt I was paying too much. But she bought me an iPhone so everybody wins!

thank you all for the kind words :)... this is a gift for BOTH xmas/bday so it's really 200 for both if you catch my drift... i knooo this isn't the CAG way but this girl spends that amount on me so i feel like i'm a little obliged... plus our relationship is great... just so all the other CAGers know this still killllls me lol

give her the privilege of making you dinner, taking it in the back door, and perhaps a day without feeling the back of your hand. Seriously, no guys know how to deal with women these days.

Go find yourself a local non chain jewelry store bring a picture of what your looking for. Ive dealt with the same store now almost ten years since my grandmother gave me that advice.

[quote name='blissskr']Go find yourself a local non chain jewelry store bring a picture of what your looking for. Ive dealt with the same store now almost ten years since my grandmother gave me that advice.[/QUOTE]

This is great advice, you'll get fantastic deals and service if you can find a small quality non-chain store. Mines been with me through many girlfriends. :lol:

[quote name='Steggy']Try seeing if this auction ends for less than 400

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAVID-YURMAN-CA...ultDomain_0?hash=item335838b3f6#ht_500wt_1182

Kinda in the same position as you, except the GFs bday is a week before Christmas. Got all the gifts lined up... just need to conemplate if her bday is a good day to propose or wait til after the holidays (she already knows its coming).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this... I ended up just buying it.

I found a couple codes to knock it down. If you're interested, the code BONUS applies to an extra gift card (depending on how much you spend).

So you get a free $50 dollar gift card in my case.

and I also got to use the code HURRY which is free shipping/gift wrapping + tax free? So it wasn't all that bad... :cool:

bread's done
Back