X-men Arcade coming to XBLA/PSN!

OnyxPrimal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
From Agent M twitter

Agent_M

News from #MarvelGamesPanel (http://$$$$$$/fTbZL): X-Men Arcade coming to Xbox Live & PSN. 6 player online AWESOMENESS! #NYCC

fuck yeah!

Hell_Frozen_Over.jpg

Love this game, though. Beat it many, many times. Now we just need one more thing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xxgsUq3YcQ

I've got the original Arcade PCB of this that I switch into my Sunset Riders machine, so I'm not as stoked about this as some. It will definitely be cool to play the 6 player version again.

The Simpsons game however is boring and lame. We all have fond memories of it as kids of course, but it doesn't hold up nearly as well as TMNT or X-Men.

i like the nostalgia that some of these older games brings back, but after i buy them i realize it's just an updated button mashing frenzy and i rarely play them.

[quote name='bardockkun']Now to prepare the arguments of who gets stuck with playing as Dazzler and Cyclops.[/QUOTE]

No problem for me!

< Biggest Cyclops fan on CAG and 2nd biggest Cyclops fan in VS. System TCG history.

[quote name='kburns10']GET THE fuck OUTTA HERE! If this gets released, I have hope for Simpsons Arcade next![/QUOTE]

What do you mean IF? It IS getting released.

[quote name='Calinks']I was always partial to colossus[/QUOTE]
Same. He was always one of my favorite X-Men too.

[quote name='spmahn']I've got the original Arcade PCB of this that I switch into my Sunset Riders machine, so I'm not as stoked about this as some. It will definitely be cool to play the 6 player version again.

The Simpsons game however is boring and lame. We all have fond memories of it as kids of course, but it doesn't hold up nearly as well as TMNT or X-Men.[/QUOTE]

what he said. ive had this on mame for years now not excited at all.

[quote name='bardockkun']Now to prepare the arguments of who gets stuck with playing as Dazzler and Cyclops.[/QUOTE]

dazzler was one of the best characters in the game.

[quote name='lokizz']dazzler was one of the best characters in the game.[/QUOTE]

yeah but its Dazzler, one of the lamest X-Men in history. Of the tons of more deserving and better selections to put into a title... you get Dazzler. I'd take Jubilee over Dazzler.

Regardless, i'm gonna have to try to renig on that " I'll give my left nut " statement I made a few years back about this coming out.

We just had a topic about wishing this would come to XBLA/PSN not too long ago. This made my day. I call Nightcrawler

Can we get konami to convince ubisoft to let them release the original turtles in time. Ubisoft fucked that one up.

I can't say I'm too thrilled. This console gen has given me alot of opportunities to revist the games I used to play, and I've often come to learn that once the nostalgia wears off, there's not a whole lot of fun to be had. I used to love this game, but after 3 or so hours of playing the the game a few times (how long is it btw? I couldn't imagine it being more than 45 minutes), I couldn't really see any point to keeping it around. It'll probably be $10 too.

[quote name='shosh']Can we get konami to convince ubisoft to let them release the original turtles in time. Ubisoft fucked that one up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ReShelled was disappointing, but I think a 4-Player SNES version of Turtles in Time would be better.

I loved this game, played Colossus all the time. Also loved the Spider-Man arcade game, they need to release that too.

[quote name='BlueWingX']I always wondered how they came up with the lineup for the Spider-Man game... You'd think there would be better picks for Spidey than Hawkeye and Namor...[/QUOTE]

I totally understand Blackcat but Namor & Hawkeye? They might've been in comics together at some point but it's not like they teamed up all the time. Human Torch would've made more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, ReShelled was disappointing, but I think a 4-Player SNES version of Turtles in Time would be better.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, dont even get me started on that!!

+1 for Simpsons Arcade next.

and btw, is Konami bringing this game over to us or another joint venture like the original turtles arcade game?

[quote name='shosh']Can we get konami to convince ubisoft to let them release the original turtles in time. Ubisoft fucked that one up.[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft would have to do the begging since they don't have the original code for any of the Konami TMNT games, which is why they had to completely remake the arcade version for XBLA/PSN.

Absolutely sold on this. Wolverine is my favorite X-Man, but Nightcrawler's attack was so badass in this game. Dazzler's special was pretty good, too.

Hell yes! My favorites in this game were Nightcrawler, Colossus, and of course Wolverine!

I'm also very happy they are making it online multiplayer! *cough* Scott Pilgram *cough*

What I wouldn't give for an updated X-Men arcade game with a more modern X-Men look, updated character roster, and a modern plot. Perhaps it would also have Apocalypse as the final boss..

[quote name='2DMention']Any idea when this'll be out? Will they have to change the music?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK they haven't said a single word about the release date yet. I wouldn't think they would change the music or the graphics (outside of a graphic filter) for the game.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Hell yes! My favorites in this game were Nightcrawler, Colossus, and of course Wolverine!

I'm also very happy they are making it online multiplayer! *cough* Scott Pilgram *cough*[/QUOTE]
:puke: If my one buddy had a PS3 I'd gladly gameshare this with him so we could play this like I used to in the arcades back in the day. Online mp is teh suck when not everyone(aka me) has a good connection.

Hopefully there's no DRM on this REQUIRING you to be constantly connected to the internet in order to play it.:roll:

[quote name='Stom']What I wouldn't give for an updated X-Men arcade game with a more modern X-Men look, updated character roster, and a modern plot. Perhaps it would also have Apocalypse as the final boss..[/QUOTE]

It was called X-men Legends 2.

[quote name='Stom']What I wouldn't give for an updated X-Men arcade game with a more modern X-Men look, updated character roster, and a modern plot. Perhaps it would also have Apocalypse as the final boss..[/QUOTE]

Activision put out a poll asking what 6 x-men fans would most like to play as. considering they just did a goldeneye reboot, I wouldn't be surprised if they're eying up an x-men arcade reboot, too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:puke: If my one buddy had a PS3 I'd gladly gameshare this with him so we could play this like I used to in the arcades back in the day. Online mp is teh suck when not everyone(aka me) has a good connection.

Hopefully there's no DRM on this REQUIRING you to be constantly connected to the internet in order to play it.:roll:[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if they include both offline (for Brazilian internet) and online (for those with a decent connection) multiplayer.

bread's done
Back