X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You can just unlock it as you progress through the game and find the action figures.[/quote]

oh ok.

so that code was pretty much worthless then?

the weapon x arenas are pretty cool though.

[quote name='Captain Freeze']oh ok.

so that code was pretty much worthless then?

the weapon x arenas are pretty cool though.[/quote]

Yeah, it pretty much gives you early access to the skin.

As you're playing the game you'll come across action figures of the classic Wolverine costumes. Collect 2 action figures of the same costume it unlocks a battle against that version of Wolverine in the Bonus section. You beat him and you can use the skin.

I have to agree on the Weapon X arenas, they are fucking sweet and should have been included in every game. I'm wondering if it also progresses the unlocking of certain achievements :whistle2:k

Just read and watched a review on a couple of sites. Wolverine seems brutally insane, which of course, is a good thing after years of seeing a tame Wolverine. Seems like I'm going to pick this up sometime, if not only for the fact that I need to erase the memories of playing through X-Men: The Official Game of the Movie.

Just a warning to achievement whores though: if you start a new game after finishing, it supposedly erases all of your stats so it's probably a good idea to go back and replay levels for the kill-related achievements.

Enjoy!

Classic Wolverine unlock code

Use the Code: A X B X A Y A Y A X B B X (R3)

Info: Enter the code anywhere in the game where Wolverine
is on the screen and controllable. Once the code has been
correctly entered, exit to the main menu and select Classic Suit
Wolverine.

(R3) = Click Right Analog Stick
Taken from achieve360points.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I temporarily got stuck on the turrets too. Once it starts of and takes cover behind the wall, you actually have to go right, you will find a door to the room you see behind you, go inside kill the dudes inside...keep going to the back of the room and you'll come up from behind the turret, take it down...don't go forward, go down the stairs, you'll eventually come up from behind the other turret...or there's a switch that takes it down...i forget.

Hope that helps.

No, GS sells the same version as everyone. If they still have them, they give you a card with the Weapon X Arena code to input on XBLM.

From my understanding, it was only for pre-orders.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']From my understanding, it was only for pre-orders.[/quote]

Leftovers are given out whenever you buy the game.

It doesn't matter either way, as the game says it does support content download which means it's only a matter of time before they release it to everyone anyway. There's not really such a thing as an in-game exclusive preorder bonus anymore.

[quote name='Scorch']Leftovers are given out whenever you buy the game.

It doesn't matter either way, as the game says it does support content download which means it's only a matter of time before they release it to everyone anyway. There's not really such a thing as an in-game exclusive preorder bonus anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they said every store (at least in my area) had received 10 or 15 more cards.

I had this preordered from GS.com, but I couldn't wait after the demo, so I went and got it, I'll just return the GS.com one when it comes in to my local store. Got 2 codes out of it, so I could gift my brother-in-law with one.

Haven't downloaded it yet, but I can't wait to get in there. The game is really everything I wanted out of it so far. Way better than the movie.

[quote name='Scorch']The PS2/Wii version is the toned down version. X360 and PS3 versions are for the big boys.[/quote]

Yeah the "uncaged" versions. I listened to the interview on Major Nelson. Still i'm surprised as a whole though.

I'll give the demo a download when I get home.

Don't spend 60 on this, trust me. It's a decent hack n slash with cool effects, but it's not worth 60.

I liked the demo, it was fun but nothing really stand-out. The violence level was huge though. If the full game really does have multiple kills per enemy and a lot more variety in moves than the demo then it's a $30 buy for me. Which is good, because CAG has conditioned me to almost NEVER pay full price or even close. $20 has been the magic number for most games.

The demo was good. The game seems better than the movie. I wonder if it'll have apperances from other characters that aren't in the movie.

I'm debating on whether or not to get this game for $44.99 at Fry's. I liked the demo a lot but with no multiplayer or co-op, it makes me really hesitant.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Don't spend 60 on this, trust me. It's a decent hack n slash with cool effects, but it's not worth 60.[/quote]

I second this, I figured it was because I had played God of War 1/2 so much when they were new...but I just expected more from it. I played at a friends house about 6 hours worth, and it was rather easy feeling and there are some AI getting stuck bugs...during the gambit fight, gambit got so stuck we had to restart from checkpoint.... I say UNFORTUNATELY it is a 30$ or less game... also one of his moves is really just to powerful.... the regeneration effect is to much as well if your don't by accident jump to you death you will most likely never die...

Not that bad of a game really. Once it hits the $30 mark I will buy it. I do think when he takes damage and you can see his bones is sweat, but when you level up he gets a new shirt? Yah, didn't make sense to me either. :p

Just downloaded the demo after hearing the Joystiq Podcast hyping it up, and wow, just, wow. Amazed at how this game's actually pretty good! After listening to the GDC Giant Bomb podcasts and hearing how it's a miracle for a movie based game to not suck, I've gotta tip my hat to Raven. Then again, these guys did make the awesome Ultimate Alliance and Quake 4 (What DOOM 3 should have been!)

if I ever find a good deal on this sucka, around $30, I'll probably be picking it up as well.

anybody running into any glitches/bugs?

i had found a couple in the jungle where the cutscene didnt trigger and when i went on, it seemed to just take me back to 2 "chapters" ago. thank god for the restart from last checkpoint...

also, one time when fighting some shifters, i got knocked backwards and then wolvie just froze. the camera still worked and i could rotate it......again, thank god for the restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bugs/glitches I have encountered are people getting frozen in mid-air, and this has happened several times. Only to people that I've already killed, though.

Just one glitch where one enemy got stuck and I beat em easily. that's it Really. Still a Solid game though. I wonder what the Co-op/Multiplayer would have been like.

[quote name='jman619']I rented it, and just beat it. I normally don't play though games more than once. I wouldn't spend over 30 If I was going to buy it.[/QUOTE]
How long did it take you, and what difficulty were you on?

[quote name='Captain Freeze']anybody running into any glitches/bugs?

i had found a couple in the jungle where the cutscene didnt trigger and when i went it, it seemed to just take me back to 2 "chapters" ago. thank god for the restart from last checkpoint...

also, one time when fighting some shifters, i got knocked backwards and then wolvie just froze. the camera still worked and i could rotate it......again, thank god for the restart.[/quote]

big glitch/bugs encountered during the 4x windigo prototype fight 1 windigo got stuck in the corner and between me and the helicopter shooting he went down too easy and during the gambit fight gambit got stuck a few times but once so bad you had to restart from checkpoint

[quote name='Rocko']How long did it take you, and what difficulty were you on?[/quote]

To start out it only lets you play on easy or normal. I beat it on normal. I usually rush though games which is a bad habit. Seems like I beat it within 6 hours or less.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I wanted to know one thing

I have the X-Force, Classic and Legend outfits unlocked, whats the last outfit?
[/quote]

thats the weapon x arena.
AFAIK there are only 3 costumes.

I see lots of little glitches like,
Limbs floating in the air.
Unable to do an attack move.
Regenerating clothes... one minute you have a clean wife beater, the next bare chested, next ripped shirt, next clean, etc.
The last one may be intentional but it doesn't seem to work right.

I am having a blast but I would love to have a few words with the developers over the ridiculous timed jump puzzles.
Keep those for Tomb Raider, don't make me play the same area 20 times trying to figure out the next jump.
I never had that problem in God of War, the controls were so much more tighter.
They are asking you to make precision jumps but I can only do the double jump about 65% of the time.

This wouldn't be such a bad thing until you take in account the horrible load times.
Fall off a ledge, and you are treated to 10 to 20 seconds of a load screen.
How hard is it to load the same area? It should not take more then 2 seconds.
I have the game installed to the hard drive and I swear it isn't loading anything, it is just spinning the logo.

Yah. My bad with the costumes. I was in the bonus section. I got all the Costumes now. Just working on that 2,000 Killed Achievement now. Good game. Took about 7 to 9 hours to beat it. So it was a weekend game.

[quote name='Zimmy']I am having a blast but I would love to have a few words with the developers over the ridiculous timed jump puzzles.
Keep those for Tomb Raider, don't make me play the same area 20 times trying to figure out the next jump.
I never had that problem in God of War, the controls were so much more tighter.
They are asking you to make precision jumps but I can only do the double jump about 65% of the time.

This wouldn't be such a bad thing until you take in account the horrible load times.
Fall off a ledge, and you are treated to 10 to 20 seconds of a load screen.
How hard is it to load the same area? It should not take more then 2 seconds.
I have the game installed to the hard drive and I swear it isn't loading anything, it is just spinning the logo.[/quote]

That sounds really weird to me. I had no issues doing the double jump. I fell off a cliff once in the whole game because I did a claw spin on a small bridge like an idiot. In the four or five timed sequences the jumps were pretty straight forward. I passed them all first try with the exception of one where I incorrectly assumed that I needed to do a double jump.

And I'm not good at platforming at all. Jumping sequences usually kick my ass. I gave up on New Super Mario Brothers because I sucked at it.

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the game this morning. I was on the fence about buying it, but after playing through the demo for the 5th time, I just had to do it. Every time I play, something new happened...the way a guy died, the slow mo kills, etc, etc. I'll be picking it up tonight from Fry's.

I might have to get this sooner than I thought. This game is like what Ninja Gaiden II should've been. (although I never did try it... thank god.

The more I play it, the more I dislike it. Easily the best movie/superhero game, but still manages to suck imho.

[quote name='Scorch']The moves and bosses get repetitive, but for some reason, I can't stop playing it.[/quote]

When you go back and replay earlier levels you see how good the game is at scaling difficulty to match your progression. The game was a constant challenge the whole way through but when you go back to earlier parts with upgraded skills you beat the crap out of stuff. It's very similar to how infinite ammo makes Resident Evil so replayable.

I replayed through a few levels to get my 2,000 kills. I'm done for now because I have too much other stuff to play, but I'll definitely go back and finish up the achievements later.

bread's done
Back