X-Men The Animated Series - Vols 1 & 2 Out Now / 3 & 4 Sept 15th

Swift900

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Hey guys, I've recently been looking to pick up a collection of the X-Men animated series that appeared on Fox back in the 90's. So far, this is all I can find...

What do you guys think? Has anyone ever ordered from these guys? If so, how is the quality?

At $79.99 that comes out to just a little over a dollar an episode. Not too bad IMO.

With the success of the X-Men sets I'd be really surprised to not see them do this to the animated Spider-Man series around when Spider-Man 4 is coming out.

Glad to see Disney releasing the other half of this series on DVD. Hopefully when the inevitable third Batman Nolan film comes out we'll finally get the Batman West/Ward live action series on DVD. Cheesy as hell to watch but entertaining none the less. :D

What do you guys think? Has anyone ever ordered
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

A shame Disney failed to finish releasing Gargoyles...

This one will adorn my collection at least.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So once all 4 volumes are out is that all of the episodes or are there some missing?[/QUOTE]
There should be a final 5th volume to finish the series. As extras, I hope that they include the Pride of the X-Men episode. The Japanese anime openings would be great too.

I was wondering when Amazon will do the pack special pricing like they did for the first two.

I'd be willing to pick them up for 26 vs 32....

[quote name='xycury']I was wondering when Amazon will do the pack special pricing like they did for the first two.

I'd be willing to pick them up for 26 vs 32....[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am wondering the same thing. I am tempted to wait until they are released until I order. Last time, I had to call them and argue with them for that additional 5 dollar discount.

They said that they would do it, but it would be a "One time thing." I told them then that is BS that it is a "One time thing" because it was there fault for not charging me the lower price when they are released. I got the woman to agree that it would indeed not be a "One time thing" and that they would do it for me in the future, but who knows whether or not that really means anything. I think I will probably wait and cross my fingers for the better deal yet to come.

[quote name='gdemander']Yeah I am wondering the same thing. I am tempted to wait until they are released until I order. Last time, I had to call them and argue with them for that additional 5 dollar discount.

They said that they would do it, but it would be a "One time thing." I told them then that is BS that it is a "One time thing" because it was there fault for not charging me the lower price when they are released. I got the woman to agree that it would indeed not be a "One time thing" and that they would do it for me in the future, but who knows whether or not that really means anything. I think I will probably wait and cross my fingers for the better deal yet to come.[/QUOTE]

I just reordered and refused the shipment from the first set.

They are kinda stupid to offer a better price later... so that's why I'm holding out. The refund was about a week, so maybe a little waiting. Not too much though.

I'll wait till closer to release, not like they are going to sell out.

Hahaha, I love the cover - pimping Cap so as to tie in the release with his movie.

I hope someplace has a good deal on 3 and 4 to coincide with the release of 5, since I skipped picking those two up but have 1 and 2.

[quote name='Gden']Umm pretty sure that at 13 episodes a box or 14 there should still be one more box.[/QUOTE]

I'm not looking at my DVDs right now, so I can't confirm it, but according the the Wiki there are only 14 episodes that have not yet been released. Volume 5 should cover that.

[quote name='Gden']Umm pretty sure that at 13 episodes a box or 14 there should still be one more box.[/QUOTE]

The fifth will be the last one. There are 14 episodes remaining.

Ah, I see now, they fit a ridiculous number of episodes on the discs (well not completely ridiculous I guess 8-9 episodes a disc isn't so bad), so I see now how they were able to get all 77 episodes on 5 collections.

[quote name='karkyco']Hahaha, I love the cover - pimping Cap so as to tie in the release with his movie.

I hope someplace has a good deal on 3 and 4 to coincide with the release of 5, since I skipped picking those two up but have 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

But Captain America's movie isn't coming out this year.

HELLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSS YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! About f***ing time! Can't wait for this. I though they weren't going to finish the series.... but I was wrong! Now all we need is Spiderman TAS. :whistle2:D

FYI: The Iron Man DVD release is also set for May 4th, same day as X-Men Season 5. The fact that Cap is on the cover of the X-Men DVD, released 3 days before Iron Man 2, makes me think that, perhaps, Cap will have a cameo in Iron Man 2 (as Thor is rumored to).

Now we need Spider-Man: TAS, Spider-Man Unlimited, Avengers: United They Stand and Silver Surfer

Official releases @ Walmart. so far they have 4 volumes, around 16 ep. each ranging from $17 online to about $20 in store. Legal and legit.

Apparently new users can't post links, just go to walmart dot com and do a search for x-men, it will show up.

Odd, when I posted this 2 minutes ago there were only 2 pages in this thread. Computer error ftl.

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']But Captain America's movie isn't coming out this year.[/QUOTE]

Doh! I know, I just checked it this morning...I didn't realize it's coming next year, LOL. I CANNOT WAIT! Especially after that horrendous pile of shit they made in '90.

And what we absolutely need is Pryde of the X-Men. My God that was so damn amazing. Can't believe it was only a single episode, or two part one hour total, can't remember. But it was so damn outstanding.

Pryde of the XMen was only a 30 minute(well, 22 minute w/o commercials) pilot for a series that never happened.

It was released...on VHS. There was a whole series of VHS tapes of shows like Namor, Thor, Cap, 80's Spidey, etc.

I've still got that Pryde of the X-Men tape around here somewhere. I always thought it was horrible that Wolverine had an Australian accent.

[quote name='JolietJake']I've still got that Pryde of the X-Men tape around here somewhere. I always thought it was horrible that Wolverine had an Australian accent.[/QUOTE]

Probably not as horrible when he and the other X-Men were on "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends." Not only were they fighting a pants-less Juggernaut, but Wolverine gets his claws stuck in a brick wall. Yes, STUCK...in a brick wall!

[quote name='grundy']Probably not as horrible when he and the other X-Men were on "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends." Not only were they fighting a pants-less Juggernaut, but Wolverine gets his claws stuck in a brick wall. Yes, STUCK...in a brick wall![/QUOTE]

Well, that *IS* pretty amazing, friend.

Was ordering a gift for GF's brother on Amazon yesterday, and saw the message that vol. 1 and vol. 2 of X-Men are currently at $12.99 each. I jumped on it, since that's the cheapest I've seen since before they were released.

On a side note, ordered it last night around 6PM PST, and it was delivered noon today. Free 18 hour shipping ftw.

Good deals for Vol 1 & Vol 2. Really worth it. I already own all 4... :whistle2:( And can't wait for Vol. 5 :whistle2:D Hopefully it'll come with a huge box to put them all in.... Yeah I know... not going to happen but one can still wish :whistle2:D

By the way... anybody knows anyone to make custom boxsets like that? Just curious... :whistle2:D

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Thanks for the post. Just wondering, did your copies come with the slipcovers?[/QUOTE]

My copy arrived with a slipcover. I only ordered v2.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Thanks for the post. Just wondering, did your copies come with the slipcovers?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I ordered :br:Snatch, Vol. 1, and Vol. 2. Vol. 2 hasn't arrived, but Vol. 1 did come with slipcover.

all 4 of mine came with a slip cover, ordered from amazon and got them on when they were released. still haven't started vol 3 and 4, though I have finished 1 and 2.

My first two volumes came WITHOUT slip covers, and I had them pre-ordered from amazon. Volumes 3 & 4 both came WITH slip covers, also pre-ordered from amazon....

As a heads up - Toys R US is having a 2-day Easter Sale (today 3/26 and tomorrow 3/27), where DVD's are B1G1 Free. I plan on grabbing Volumes 3 and 4 this afternoon.

[quote name='Swift900']As a heads up - Toys R US is having a 2-day Easter Sale (today 3/26 and tomorrow 3/27), where DVD's are B1G1 Free. I plan on grabbing Volumes 3 and 4 this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

AWESOME, wish I had the cash to blow on these.. I'd grab 1 thru 4 in one shot.

I've already been and picked up all 4 volumes for $40 total. Also picked up Superfriends Season 1 Vol 1 and TMNT Season 7 for about $25 total while I was there.

[quote name='jscme']I've already been and picked up all 4 volumes for $40 total. Also picked up Superfriends Season 1 Vol 1 and TMNT Season 7 for about $25 total while I was there.[/QUOTE]

Man, $40 is uber tempting. I can't justify it with the woman though, since I just bought an iPod nano. lol

[quote name='Swift900']As a heads up - Toys R US is having a 2-day Easter Sale (today 3/26 and tomorrow 3/27), where DVD's are B1G1 Free. I plan on grabbing Volumes 3 and 4 this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the TRU deal! I was able to pick up the last copies of Volumes 3 and 4.

Now all I need is to get Volume 5 when it releases in May (and the 1994 Iron Man series as well) and somehow find the slipcovers for Volumes 1 & 2 :bomb:

The fifth and final volume of this series was released yesterday. Mine is on it's way from Amazon, along with the Iron Man animated series.

Damn another thing I need to pick up at Best Buy today. Saw it in the paper but completely forgot about it. Thanks PR Mega X

Got my copy of Volume 5 from Amazon today. I also got the Wolverine and the X Men Season 1 steel book from Amazon.ca today, I have a lot of X Men cartoons to watch soon.

Hopefully we'll get the 90s Spider-Man soon.

bread's done
Back