X360 Faceplates: Collectibles?

Pijaibros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
So out of a boredom, I was trolling the internet's premier auction site and stumbled upon these

NCAA Football = $40
Ghost Recon = $40
Gears of War = $200
Launch Zone Set = $190

So what's up with these things? Are they the new thing that collectors are searching for? I understand collecting games or systems. I still don't get strategy guides, but I accepted that.

Will this be the new hotness? Stash these things for a few years and see if you strike gold? Trade a limited edition faceplate for a fancy next gen system, way down the line?

Do any of you fine folks use them? I've never seen them as anything other than a curiosity.

all I know is i've made a good profit off selling faceplates. I got $260 for one. As far as collecting, it all boils down to one thing. Kind of pointless haha. Collecting old rare games like valkyrie profile and paying high prices is no different than collecting strat guides or faceplates.

If people are glad to pay... well that's their peroggative.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I wonder where the NCAA one came from?[/QUOTE]

gs and eb

it's suppose to be given away as a prize if stores have an NCAA tourney.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']gs and eb

it's suppose to be given away as a prize if stores have an NCAA tourney.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I see

That Gears of War will probably be a non-paying bidder. All the other auctions for the same faceplate ended at around $100. Or the buyer is an idiot and totally got screwed.

The one I want is the E3 05 faceplate, I have seen it on ebay a bunch but it is always in the 150s, someday it will be mine. I don't really care that it is from E3 but I love the ring of light graphic.

Tooling around the internet further for researching this phenomenon, I stubled upon this website.

It lists pretty much every available faceplate so far. They even have the E3 '05 faceplate you referenced. So I know what you're talking about now. I never knew there were so many!

I remember Microsoft made a real big deal about customizing the look of your system with these things. What ever happened to that? I kinda was interested in the one that said "Console", that one never materiazlized however.

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']who the fuck payed 260$ for a faveplate? what was it?[/QUOTE]

http://zoglog.clearlyseen.net/photos/zerohour/IMG_1822tb.jpg

It was just a custom painted one. I was suprised it went up that high. maybe because there were only 10 in existence but still...

That launch package one is not a bad deal, the launch one alone sold for 190 i nanother auction. You could turn a profit possibly just selling the pgr and launch one.

and nice FP website

Woody - Very difficult to obtain

heh......heh..

[quote name='M1C13']The one I want is the E3 05 faceplate, I have seen it on ebay a bunch but it is always in the 150s, someday it will be mine. I don't really care that it is from E3 but I love the ring of light graphic.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought one that is a copy of the E3 faceplate on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/New-XBOX-360-XB...Z006QQcategoryZ112846QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem. Hasn't arrived yet so I can't vouch for the quality, but alot of positive feedback for the seller and the faceplates.

bread's done
Back