X360 Premium $270+ tax at Meijers with new Meijers card account

sethrhf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
This deal is good only for today and tomorrow.
You have to sign up for a Meijers card. There credit cards are good if you shop there a lot. They always have deals for card holders.

I just got a XBOX 360 Premium for $270 +tax here in Dayton Ohio

You got to get a credit card to get this deal.

I got 20% off for General Merchandise
10% off for first time credit card use
+ they gave me a $10 gift credit for getting a credit card
plus a free pack 12 of coke.

I went ahead and also got a 30 GB Ipod, extra wireless controller and two play and charge kits. Might as well since it was all 30% off.

My total for everything $561.55 after taxes it was $600.86.

I was very lucky cause it was the only premium they had. Most stores around here only have cores.

Keep in mind that you want to apply for as few credit cards in your life as you possibly can, because after the first two or three, they start to hurt your credit regardless of whether you use them or not.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Keep in mind that you want to apply for as few credit cards in your life as you possibly can, because after the first two or three, they start to hurt your credit regardless of whether you use them or not.[/QUOTE]

I worked with a reporting agency a few years ago and heard the opposite. You have a debt to credit ratio, and the further that gap, the better. I have about five CCs and only use one right now. My debt to credit ratio is like $700 out of $15,000, which shows I know how to manage my money.

Anyone with a meijrs around them, I need 2 xbox 360 systems...I will pay for the systems, some for you time and shipping. If anyone is willing to pick these up for me, let me know.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Keep in mind that you want to apply for as few credit cards in your life as you possibly can, because after the first two or three, they start to hurt your credit regardless of whether you use them or not.[/QUOTE]

umm, sorry but I highly doubt that is true. From everything they taught us in college, your credit score is mainly built on ratio of unpaid bills to number of credit cards... The post above this tells essentially the same thing.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']umm, sorry but I highly doubt that is true. From everything they taught us in college, your credit score is mainly built on ratio of unpaid bills to number of credit cards... The post above this tells essentially the same thing.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome to doubt all you'd like :)

I personally don't work in the financial industry, but I was recently discussing my father's latest venture with him. He was talking with a senior member of Suntrust about the $1.2mil loan my father is taking out to fund another spec house, and the guy was telling him about the various ways people injure their credit. One of the handful of ways he mentioned was simply applying for too many credit cards--banks apparently like to see only a handful of them, and not a dozen or more, regardless of whether they're maxed or unused.

Again, I'm not an authority on the matter (and to be honest, there are few who are, as your credit score is a rather complex matter), and was just merely relating a piece of knowledge that I recently chanced upon.

[quote name='Romeo']I worked with a reporting agency a few years ago and heard the opposite. You have a debt to credit ratio, and the further that gap, the better. I have about five CCs and only use one right now. My debt to credit ratio is like $700 out of $15,000, which shows I know how to manage my money.[/QUOTE]

Think about that logic from a lender's point of view:

Person 1 - Is applying to you for a $100,000 loan, and they have credit cards (with a zero balance) that would allow them, at any time, to spend an additional $10,000.

Person 2 - Is applying to you for a $100,000 loan, and they have credit cards (with a zero balance) that would allow them, at any time, to spend an additional $100,000.

All other things being equal, person 1 is clearly a safer bet, simply because they don't have the capacity to get too much further in debt through one of the easiest means possible. Person 2, on the other hand, could essentially double their debt load at any time, thereby making them a far greater risk.

[quote name='Romeo']I worked with a reporting agency a few years ago and heard the opposite. You have a debt to credit ratio, and the further that gap, the better. I have about five CCs and only use one right now. My debt to credit ratio is like $700 out of $15,000, which shows I know how to manage my money.[/QUOTE]
Not necessarily. It's good for some things and bad for others. It's very bad for getting more credit. Lenders don't like that you have $15,000 in available credit but you're still applying for more, because it looks like you're gearing up to put yourself in a lot of debt fast. It's actually better to have $15,000 of credit that you've mostly utilized and pay down consistently. That shows that you're responsible with the credit you do have, and that you're applying for more because you have a need for it and can handle it. Creditors want to lend you more money when you've used the credit they've given you and can show you can pay off more.
The ideal situation for the lender (not for you) is for you to have the exact amount of credit that you're spending all of your available income paying the minimum payment, but no more than you can just barely afford. That gets them an consistent revenue stream at outrageous interest for a long, long time.
Also, applying for credit cards is a minor ding on your credit. Applying for one or two a year won't hurt you, as long as you're keeping your overall debt potential within what you can handle (by closing others). Applying for a lot in a short period will.

credit analyst usually look at 3 things...ability, stability, and willingness to pay...ability = your income - available credit...stability is if you move a lot/change jobs, a lot of moves doesn't look good. willingness to pay is your credit score. Your score is based off of not only your available credit, but if you pay monthly, if you pay more then the min etc...if you hold a balance, it will greatly help your credit score to pay an extra $1 a month over the min payment.

[quote name='ryanbph']Anyone with a meijrs around them, I need 2 xbox 360 systems...I will pay for the systems, some for you time and shipping. If anyone is willing to pick these up for me, let me know.[/QUOTE]
Anyone??

I had read (maybe in comsumer reports?) that switching (and I supposed adding) credit cards has a negative impact on credit scores. To increase your credit score you want to have a long history with your existing credit cards (and of course pay your bills on time). They don't like to see credit cards that have been opened for a few years and then closed.

not true, intially you loose points as the card will need to pull your credit, but after a couple months of ontime payments, you will be fine.

OP, I'd say you had to go a little further out of your way to get the deal but to get everything you got for that price and it all being legit I say bravo. :applause: Too bad there aren't any Meijers by me.

*drools*

I'm definitely going to investigate my meijer to see if they have one tomorrow. Not only will I get the credit card bonuses when I sign up for one, but I also have my employee discount card and a 10% off coupon for being a good worker.

I'm talking about an Xbox360 with a free 12pk of pop for $241.10 after tax. This is insane dude.

FWIW, if you do not see a 360 in the glass case, ask an associate if they have any. My Meijer didn't have any in the case, so I asked the kid working in the Photo Center if they had one (the Photo Center is right next to the game section at this particular store). Turns out they had one Core and one Premium system right there behind the counter.

They only had a couple of original XBox systems in the case, so there was plenty of room to put the 360s on display if they wanted to. But apparently that's not what they do.

So if you don't see a system, definitely ask.

I'm going to call the closest one around me tomorrow to see if they have any (it's about an hour and a half public transit for me). I f anyone else can get this I would gladly pay someone $300 + shipping if they could grab one and send it to me. I'm a nearly broke college student in the South Loop of Chicago. I would gladly pay first if the person had enough feedback!

Ebay the 12 pack of coke and it'll be like $267. or you can say the Coke was blessed by Jesus and get rich.

[quote name='Apossum']Ebay the 12 pack of coke and it'll be like $267. or you can say the Coke was blessed by Jesus and get rich.[/QUOTE]
Or, better yet, say the Coke was bought with an Xbox 360, and have a picture of them together. Any auction even remotely related to a 360 will bring you big bucks. It's a fact.

Applying for too many credit cards can hurt your credit score, but it's not the end of the world. Usually, it only prevents you from obtaining a perfect score. It's common sense, the more credit cards you have the more likely you could become a credit risk for the credit card companies.

[quote name='edavis0780']Applying for too many credit cards can hurt your credit score, but it's not the end of the world. Usually, it only prevents you from obtaining a perfect score. It's common sense, the more credit cards you have the more likely you could become a credit risk for the credit card companies.[/QUOTE]

not really... i got around 7 to 10 credit cards out standing .. only use 3 and my score last i looked was very high.. almost pefect (i think 40 pts of perfect)

BUT i pay off my credit cards every month (never carry a balance)

I got a PSP(core) Me and My Katamari, Pursuit Force and a wired Xbox360(now I will want to play Fable on my PC more:D) for around $225 before tax. Thanks for the heads up man.

bread's done
Back