X600 or x 700?

bone_matrix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Alright, I've surfed the net for the past hour or so, searched the forums here, and still have no idea what to do. I'm getting a new rig in the next couple of days, P4 w/ HT 3.2, 1 gig RAM, 250 Gig HD, PCI-Express slot. I'm looking at getting the x600 graphics card. I can't seem to figure out though if I should step up a bit and get an X700. Its only about 30 dollars more, but is it justifiable? Any help or input would be nice and useful. I'm not really a fan of Nvidia, but if there is a card that is comparable in price and whoops these 2, I'd consider it. Thanks! bone

Hey, thanks guys. I always forget to look at Tom's Hardware when searching for just about anything computer related, and it didn't come up while I was doing my searches. Thanks for the help, I think I'll get the x700. bone

Hey Bone, hope I got you before you made your purchase, Newegg is having a special on the Sapphire model of the X800 PCI. If you get the proper core, you can upgrade the framerates on it to the next model.

Seeing as how with the rebate it's only 35-40 dollars more than the x700 and has the ability to perform much better, I think you should take a look.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102560

Best of luck to you.

Whats the price of the X700? You'll get MUCH better results from the Geforce 6600GT. I bought the Leadtek GeForce 6600GT and I love the thing. Only cost me $150.

bread's done
Back