XB360 Premium System, No Bundle, in stock at BestBuy.com

Thanks. Yeah, I saw both Premium and Core 360s in stock in BB and TRU retail stores in central NJ....hopefully the shortage is history.

I still haven't gotten one tho...too many xbox games i havn't finished.

hmm its strange that they dont sell the PRP serice plan online for this .

I bought a nano the other day and was able to buy the PrP service plan online.

Im wondering wtf is going on because im not buying it without the service plan.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']hmm its strange that they dont sell the PRP serice plan online for this .

I bought a nano the other day and was able to buy the PrP service plan online.

Im wondering wtf is going on because im not buying it without the service plan.[/QUOTE]

Your better off buying it without the troubles of a PRP.

I have never had a single "trouble" with PrP's nor even heard stories of anyone else having problems with PrPs.

if i were to buy a 360 id definately get the prp. so when it fucks up i just swap it out and dont have to ship it to ms.

i still see no reason to buy a 360.

i mean ,.... halo 3 fine. but it isnt out and wont be for a while.

most other games are just ports. just like the old xbox.

so even though i can finally buy a 360 at retail price. i just cant make my sellf pull the trigger.

oh well.

still awaiting ps3.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']still awaiting ps3.[/quote]

Keep Waiting. Once graphics cards catch up to their bullshit videos, you should see them. Give it about a year. Enjoy.

The year will give you the time to buy a HD TV, HDMI cables and whatever else blue ray requires you to spend thousands on.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']i still see no reason to buy a 360.

most other games are just ports. just like the old xbox.[/QUOTE]

you mean just like PS2, who had a bunch of filler games from DC to fill in their lackluster library for the first two years it was around?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']so even though i can finally buy a 360 at retail price. i just cant make my sellf pull the trigger.

oh well.

still awaiting ps3.[/QUOTE]

MGS4 seems to be the only title that people are looking forward to on PS3. i'll get a PS3 3 years after it's released when they finally have a library worth even buying, and the price will eb dropped, just like most other consoles.

let's keep the ridiculous flame wars out of the deal forum...how bout that?

I guess the demand for 360's has died done a lot. Only 232 people have looked at this thread. A few weeks-months ago other threads were getting thousands of views for anything that said in stock 360.

[quote name='Graystone']I guess the demand for 360's has died done a lot. Only 232 people have looked at this thread. A few weeks-months ago other threads were getting thousands of views for anything that said in stock 360.[/QUOTE]

Seems that way. Hell I'm stuck at work and one of my local Best Buy's has them instock, all I'd have to pay is the retail price plus shipping. Oh well, maybe I'll be lucky and the bastards will have some left when I'm outta here.

[quote name='JunkyardGod']you mean just like PS2, who had a bunch of filler games from DC to fill in their lackluster library for the first two years it was around?

MGS4 seems to be the only title that people are looking forward to on PS3. i'll get a PS3 3 years after it's released when they finally have a library worth even buying, and the price will eb dropped, just like most other consoles.

let's keep the ridiculous flame wars out of the deal forum...how bout that?[/QUOTE]

keep out the ridiculous wars yet you flame the PS2 when it had the upper hand on the DC within the first year when games like AC4 and GTA3 came out?

BTW, do get the PRP. The systems are still buggy, they're still causing problems and workers at retail dont want to hear your sob stories when it breaks down after they told you about the service plan a few times. With the amount of defective 360s I have seen, it would be stupid not too get a service plan.

If I were buying the 360 online, I'd double-check my credit card's benefits - even my gold debit card offers 2 extra years on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Remember, a PRP won't kick in until Microsoft's warranty expires after 90 days anyway. Buying with particular cards doesn't cost a thing.

[quote name='coolz481']If I were buying the 360 online, I'd double-check my credit card's benefits - even my gold debit card offers 2 extra years on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Remember, a PRP won't kick in until Microsoft's warranty expires after 90 days anyway. Buying with particular cards doesn't cost a thing.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever tried getting a replacement with the credit card warranty? What do they do? I forgot about this before I paid for the MS warranty plan.

[quote name='coolz481']If I were buying the 360 online, I'd double-check my credit card's benefits - even my gold debit card offers 2 extra years on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Remember, a PRP won't kick in until Microsoft's warranty expires after 90 days anyway. Buying with particular cards doesn't cost a thing.[/quote]

PRP kicks in as soon as you buy it. If you have any problems just bring it back to the store. But remember you can only return it once after the manufacturer warranty has expired

[quote name='coolz481']If I were buying the 360 online, I'd double-check my credit card's benefits - even my gold debit card offers 2 extra years on top of the manufacturer's warranty. Remember, a PRP won't kick in until Microsoft's warranty expires after 90 days anyway. Buying with particular cards doesn't cost a thing.[/QUOTE]

Two things. At least at Circuit City, it starts from day one, not after the manufacturer warranty. And secondly, have you ever read the manufacture warranty for a game system? It doesnt cover much. It goes by what MS says they'll cover and there's a lot which they wont cover just like Sony and Nintendo. And you still have to go through the process of shipping and waiting and so on. Both CC and BB have much easier and better plans to take care of consoles.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']i still see no reason to buy a 360.

most other games are just ports. just like the old xbox.

so even though i can finally buy a 360 at retail price. i just cant make my sellf pull the trigger.

oh well.

still awaiting ps3.[/QUOTE]

well just in March alone there was Ghost Recon AW, Oblivion & Fight Night

IMHO 3 killer app must have games

My local Target had Premiums in stock as well (Columbia, MD). I finally got one. I'll be mailing the warranty extension card in to MS. I think it's $60 for 2 years.

My original Xbox had to go back twice. :(

[quote name='WTFer']well just in March alone there was Ghost Recon AW, Oblivion & Fight Night

IMHO 3 killer app must have games[/quote]

Yea, those are 3 great games. The only problem is that all of them are available on other systems. What's more, the other systems are all cheaper, and the games themselves are cheaper when bought for those systems.

GRAW and Fight Night are on everything but the GCN, and Oblivion is on the PC. Sure, they look a little better on the 360, but $400 worth of better? I think not.

The PS3 is the system for me. Will it have rehashes of old game franchises? Sure. But I love those franchises. And Sony always seems to pull it together in the end, so I am definitely going to buy one.

Just my 2 munny.

You'd have to put A LOT more than $400 into your PC to get Oblivion running. My bro's a PC gamer big time. But he bought a 360 a month before Oblivion because he thought it would be a cheaper solution to updating his RAM and his video card yet again. He runs FEAR and WoW no problem (and they look gorgeous) so I don't think he was keen on having to get his card updated again already just for one game.

Then a month later, when Oblivion actually did come out, and he read the reports online about the problems a lot of users with at least minimum specs were having, he felt like he had definitely made the right decision. Especially since I don't think there's another WoW or Oblivion level PC game on the horizon anytime soon that he'd need the new graphics card for. Now, he's spent $400 but bought himself some time, and he seems to love messing around in the Arcade on the console.

Honestly, if people waited this long, might as well wait a bit more for a price drop as the titles are slowing down too

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm still shocked that there are some of these in-stock online.[/quote]

Yea, I really am too. I guess they aren't as hot as they used to be. Most people that really wanted one already have one, and the rest of us are waiting for a price drop, a better library, etc.

To be fair, I do plan to buy an Xbox360 one day. I always buy all the consoles, so I can try them all out. However, my biggest interest is the PS3. It has all the franchises I love, and if the Online Network ends up being anywhere near as good as Sony is saying it will be, then it's gonna be awesome. Plus, the fact that it will be free is even more enticing. Add in the PSP interaction that we all know is coming, and you have a formula that sold ol' Ender.

Part of the reason for the previous demand was the asses, such as those on Fat Wallet, buying as many as possible and selling them on ebay. They brag about their profits and how many they went through and how they got them.

Personally, I'm waiting for PS3 also.

But not for the games, at least at first. Mainly as a cheap (relative) Blu-ray player.

Game wise, I'm not waiting for anything in particular. I have plenty that I am satsified with from this generation for a long time (years probably). However, Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts for PS3 would sell me the PS3. One of these 2 games would make the PS3 worth every penny.

[quote name='WTFer']well just in March alone there was Ghost Recon AW, Oblivion & Fight Night

IMHO 3 killer app must have games[/QUOTE]

GR:AW and Fight Night will be outdated with their sequels within a year.

bread's done
Back