XBL 12 Mo Gold Pack - $30 (12 mo code, mic, 200 ms pts, xbla game)

[quote name='FurryCurry']No matter the route you choose, cheap Live for a year will not come easy. Effort is needed.[/quote]

Buy.com route is definitely the easiest. :p

Just requires a lot of coupon stacking.

[quote name='velvet396']38.99 amazon regular price seems fine to me if you don't need the rest of the stuff that's in the messenger pack[/quote]

It's only like $5 more.

[quote name='TURBO']Weird, i bought one of the original LIVE packs that came w/ Crimson Skies and a headset for XBOX, cost me $70. I ended up never using it. (got shuffled away in a box for years). Then i tried to use it on my 360 and it was a no go. Said it expired. :cry: $70 down the drain[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shoagie']Call microsoft and tell them, they should credit it.[/QUOTE]

You think they would? the card said it had an expiration date on the back. i cant remember the exact date but i think it was like 2005 or something.

[quote name='TURBO']You think they would? the card said it had an expiration date on the back. i cant remember the exact date but i think it was like 2005 or something.[/quote]

i had to call MS because they billed my credit card (despite it being long expired) for another year of Live, when i wanted to use my pre-paid card. she told me that the pre-paids don't expire until 2025, so i had plenty of time to use both. i still made them give me a refund so i could use the card now, though.

[quote name='PhrostByte']It's only like $5 more.[/quote]

sure, but $5 for stuff you already have is wasted money. wouldn't want to bother reselling it. let alone the fact that some people don't use live cashback, and have already redeemed the 5% buy coupon.

[quote name='velvet396']sure, but $5 for stuff you already have is wasted money. wouldn't want to bother reselling it. let alone the fact that some people don't use live cashback, and have already redeemed the 5% buy coupon.[/quote]

I thought this current 5% buy.com is good for everyone not just new time customers? I'm probably wrong. Everyone should use live cash back though, it's the best deal to come around in a long time. I mean you got ebay, which usually has the cheapest prices around, AND 25% on top of that! Awesome... and some people are even getting an additional 10% off.. too sweet almost.

[quote name='TURBO']Weird, i bought one of the original LIVE packs that came w/ Crimson Skies and a headset for XBOX, cost me $70. I ended up never using it. (got shuffled away in a box for years). Then i tried to use it on my 360 and it was a no go. Said it expired. :cry: $70 down the drain[/quote]

I would call Xbox Customer Support. The really old original cards from the original Xbox and Live only work on the original Xbox. I have heard that you can recover your gamertag to your original Xbox redeem the card and recover your gamertag to the Xbox 360. Check out the Xbox forums for more info if you want to go that route.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='st964p62']You can actually get the Xbox Live messenger bundle from Buy.com on eBay. Buy.com is a seller, they have it for the regular price of 54.99 (no tax/free shipping), and you can get the 25% Live Cashback since it's Buy-It-Now. End result is $41.24 after cashback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120336416367&category=139969

Edit:

They've also got the 13 month card for 38.98 - 25% = $29.24

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150298041597&category=139969[/quote]

Damn you beat my deal by like a dollar! Good eye st. :D

[quote name='st964p62']You can actually get the Xbox Live messenger bundle from Buy.com on eBay. Buy.com is a seller, they have it for the regular price of 54.99 (no tax/free shipping), and you can get the 25% Live Cashback since it's Buy-It-Now. End result is $41.24 after cashback.

Edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150298041597&category=139969[/quote]

Thanks for the deal!! I got the 25% off and i also got 10% from a coupon that ebay sent me. So i ended up paying $35.74 shipped

[/quote]

I've never used Buy.com off of ebay nor have I used the live cashback. what is the process with doing that?
I'd love to grab this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit:

thanks for the link. ordered it on ebay for a bit more than $41.24 since NY residents have to pay tax, but still a good deal overall!

[quote name='FurryCurry']Damn. This Live Camera deal is better than the regular one that we stay up late at night for. $40?! Seriously? I'm in for one right now. I may not even use the damn camera and just sell it to Gamestop for $12. $12?! So that's almost like only paying $28 for Live and 200pt card. Omg I'm telling family and friends.[/quote]
Or you can sell the Camera on Craigslist for $30 and end up paying $10 for the year of Live and 200 MSpoints. :)

[quote name='g-man']i had to call MS because they billed my credit card (despite it being long expired) for another year of Live, when i wanted to use my pre-paid card. she told me that the pre-paids don't expire until 2025, so i had plenty of time to use both. i still made them give me a refund so i could use the card now, though.[/QUOTE]
Is that all xbox live cards or just the 360 ones? I'm guessing if the 360 ones expire in 20 years after the console launch the original XBOX ones should be working 5 years later. Ill have to call MS; i just hate being on hold.

[quote name='Tropicat']I would call Xbox Customer Support. The really old original cards from the original Xbox and Live only work on the original Xbox. I have heard that you can recover your gamertag to your original Xbox redeem the card and recover your gamertag to the Xbox 360. Check out the Xbox forums for more info if you want to go that route.[/QUOTE]
That would make sense. Only problem is that I forgot the old D Pad password since i havent used my XBOX in a couple years. I also have a different gamertag now on the 360, (bought a 360 13 month card a while back). So not sure how to recover a 360 tag on a XBOX that already has a tag. If i can delete the old one or what... I guess I'll have to dig it up and play around w/ it; & ask around in forums. Hopefully MS will help if all else fails. :whistle2:# *knock on wood*

bread's done
Back