XBL 12 Month Gold Card $35.99 @ Amazon/Newegg

Damn, i just bought two of these a week ago for 39.99. Would of had saved a little more, but it is still a great price. I use them as part of a family plan so we get 4 accounts for $80 a year.:D

Thanks guys, I was looking for a cheap sub, I'm up in march. Got the download code from Amazon, quick, easy, and at this price fairly painless. :p

Here's to hoping Xbox Rewards gives me 400 points back for putting in the code this month too.

Aw damn, I don't have my amazon credit in yet but at least I could have gotten some reward points on the VISA with them. I really don't need any more months now that I already got in on Newegg's deal.

How long do the codes last? As in when do they expire. I don't really need a code at this moment, but since I can get a physical card and save it I'm curious.

[quote name='Dr. Dib']How long do the codes last? As in when do they expire. I don't really need a code at this moment, but since I can get a physical card and save it I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

If you get the code and put it in, it'll add the time to your account. You don't have to put it in right before you run out or anything.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']If you get the code and put it in, it'll add the time to your account. You don't have to put it in right before you run out or anything.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should explain. I don't actually have gold status on Live right now, but I might want to have it in the future. How long will the card be good for if I don't use it now?

[quote name='Dr. Dib']I guess I should explain. I don't actually have gold status on Live right now, but I might want to have it in the future. How long will the card be good for if I don't use it now?[/QUOTE]

its good until whenever you decide to use it..... Unless the card says otherwise

As was mentioned briefly above ... Xbox Rewards has a promotion in January where if you renew Gold for a year you'll receive 400 Msoft points the following month. Not too shabby ...

Does anyone know for certain that if you have Family Gold with an open slot, and you add a new "family member" that has, say, 2 years of Gold, will the Family Gold then get a year added once you add them as the 4th person? If so I'm going to buy two of these and do that. I just want to be sure I'm not just going to lose the time on that 4th account.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does anyone know for certain that if you have Family Gold with an open slot, and you add a new "family member" that has, say, 2 years of Gold, will the Family Gold then get a year added once you add them as the 4th person? If so I'm going to buy two of these and do that. I just want to be sure I'm not just going to lose the time on that 4th account.[/QUOTE]

It will add gold to your account but I'm not sure how much. I called them and got the conversion rate a long time ago but forgot it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does anyone know for certain that if you have Family Gold with an open slot, and you add a new "family member" that has, say, 2 years of Gold, will the Family Gold then get a year added once you add them as the 4th person? If so I'm going to buy two of these and do that. I just want to be sure I'm not just going to lose the time on that 4th account.[/QUOTE]
That is what i believe, and I am doing that as well. I am just waiting the 7 day period so i can add the account with the 2 years of time. I have looked over the info on the family plan and it does says that half the time is added. So it should add 12 months time. I am not 100 percent sure, but I will find out in a few days.

I tried ordering two from amazon, but it restricted me to one. I also tried making a second order, but that didn't work around it. :) So I had to order the second one from Newegg.

It's a really dumb question probably, but is there any way to check how many more months of gold you have left on your account? Not sure when I last re-upped on sales card binges, so I may only have like 6 months or I may have much more.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']It's a really dumb question probably, but is there any way to check how many more months of gold you have left on your account? Not sure when I last re-upped on sales card binges, so I may only have like 6 months or I may have much more.[/QUOTE]

http://billing.microsoft.com/

[quote name='crunchewy']You have to wait 7 days before moving the account in? Is there a page that has this info?[/QUOTE]

That is only if you remove a member and then want to add that member again.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/family-pack-faq

"Error: You have recently removed this member from your Gold Family Pack. You must wait five days from the time of removal before adding them back."

"There is a five-day waiting period after you remove someone from a Gold Family Pack before you can add them again. Add the member again after the waiting period has ended."

[quote name='crunchewy']I tried ordering two from amazon, but it restricted me to one. I also tried making a second order, but that didn't work around it. :) So I had to order the second one from Newegg.[/QUOTE]Did you order the physical card or the downloadable code? I ordered one for my friend and after getting the code to email him, I went back to the page and bought a 2nd one for myself. Copypastaed into the Xbox site and I'm good until Feb. 2013.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Every time I selected to purchase the emailed code it jumped to $49.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. $49.99 or some such price. $50. Only the physical card is on sale, or perhaps the download code was before, but is no longer.

Seems like they raised the price for the online code. It was 35.99 late last night when I placed my order. I went with the physical card anyway since I still have a few more months left on my sub and I'm in no rush.

bread's done
Back