XBL 12 Month Subscription

Damn this is a sweet deal, just ordered 1 (The amazon $29.99 deal).. My Live expires in mid October so I had to jump on this... And as of now there are none left.. Sorry boys.. ;-)

... In the time it took me to go to the site, add the item to my cart, and then go see what my wife wanted while she was yelling for me (I'm talking 2 minutes, max) I came back to complete the order and it was gone.

So... screw you, somebody. My XBL expires in a couple of weeks, and I can't really afford to keep it, but I could have afforded this. Really, really screw you.

[quote name='Dunvane']... In the time it took me to go to the site, add the item to my cart, and then go see what my wife wanted while she was yelling for me (I'm talking 2 minutes, max) I came back to complete the order and it was gone.

So... screw you, somebody. My XBL expires in a couple of weeks, and I can't really afford to keep it, but I could have afforded this. Really, really screw you.[/quote]Check back daily. They sell out then it pops up again a couple days later. Just keep your eyes peeled.

I don't understand the deal with the expiration. Why would a prepaid code expire?

Also, does every single expired code work, no matter what. So despite the fact that they say they have expired, 100% of expired 12 month codes will work?

[quote name='Cheadyp']I don't understand the deal with the expiration. Why would a prepaid code expire?

Also, does every single expired code work, no matter what. So despite the fact that they say they have expired, 100% of expired 12 month codes will work?[/QUOTE]

they have expiration dates, but microsoft seems to have not enforced expiration dates in practice... every single code you find that is unused will still work.

OK thanks.

Also, if I already have a xbl gold account and I type in this code, will it just add 12 months to what I already have, or just make it so that I only have 12 months of xbl left. Because last time my xbl was about to expire (may 24, 2008) I typed in the code on may 15, and now my subscription ends may 15, 2009.

[quote name='Cheadyp']OK thanks.

Also, if I already have a xbl gold account and I type in this code, will it just add 12 months to what I already have, or just make it so that I only have 12 months of xbl left. Because last time my xbl was about to expire (may 24, 2008) I typed in the code on may 15, and now my subscription ends may 15, 2009.[/quote]From what I've heard they fixed that problem and now gold subscriptions are stackable up to 36 months (3 years). So yes, it will add 12 months to whatever you have left.

wow, that was a great deal, i recently went into my sears and found the other package, the Vision cam (12 month live, 200 pts, uno, robotron, headset, and vision cam) for $35, so i wasn't too bummed out i missed out on this :)

Sold! I have an extra 12 Month XBox Live Vision Gold Pack which includes
12-Month Gold Subscription
Xbox Live Vision Camera
360 Headset
XBox Live Arcade Games: Uno & Robotron 2084
200 Microsoft Points
Just shoot me a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, not a bad deal. I got a bunch of these kits for $8 at K-Mart a while back. Sent a few to my bro and I still have a few left. I'll break out the subscriptions as soon as a new year is ready to load.

From what I've read, you can always call MS and they can fix any "expired" codes that may not work.

[quote name='RamHawk']Yeah, not a bad deal. I got a bunch of these kits for $8 at K-Mart a while back. Sent a few to my bro and I still have a few left. I'll break out the subscriptions as soon as a new year is ready to load.

From what I've read, you can always call MS and they can fix any "expired" codes that may not work.[/quote]
i've heard this too... i ordered one, as i think my cheap kmart subscription probably expires by year's end

[quote name='CounterSeal']In for one. Was hoping the headset is wireless, but better than nothing.[/quote]

R u joking? Wireless headsets alone cost $60

I ordered mine last sunday and got it either Friday Or Saturday. Not sure which as I was out of town over the weekend, but saw it when I came home.

bread's done
Back