XBL Arcade Drops

Hardly ever. They do have an "arcade hits" line in which games drop in price, but that hasn't been updated in a very long time. Being that there is no product that takes up shelf space here, there is little incentive for MS to drop the price...ever.

I think MS is really dropping the ball here. If they had more GOOD sales ala Steam and the Apple App store they would sell a lot more. I think of how many games I'd just buy without thinking if they had em' for 50% off. Hopefully one day they will start something more akin to the above mentioned sites and many people's game library's will explode.

Sometimes Amazon has some on sale... or they did. Or they will flub it like they did for MVC2 and Trials just the other day.

it seems to take at least a year for a game to show up as the deal of the week and even longer to become a greatest hit. Now that MS can delist games it makes me think there are going to be very few games getting added to the XBLA greatest hits line.

Your best bet is to look for deals on points. That way you can buy the stuff you want and not have to pay full price.

Unfortunately, you don't have many options.

Occasionally, during a XBL deal of the week, they will put an arcade game on sale.

You used to be able to buy them cheaper from a couple eBayers, but that's gone now.

When Amazon started selling them, they had a couple deals, but haven't had a single one since.

Your best bet is to buy a points card on sale. Only problem is, you don't have many options for that either. A lot of cheap points cards were floating around eBay, but like the arcade games, have disappeared. The last deal was at Target a couple weeks back (buy 1600 points, get a 5.00 gift card). Back in the day, there used to be some ridiculous deals. I still remember when Circuit City had buy one get one. Shrike picked me up 2 cards, and then CC let me do the deal a few days after it was over since they never restocked during the deal. Getting 80.00 in points for 40.00 was :drool:

If only I knew what things would have been like now, I would have picked up 200.00 in points, easily.

Yea, as far as I can tell, its better to just keep an eye on Amazons prices just because they can have some pricing mistakes like with MVC2 or sales like they did a while back. Otherwise its a crapshoot on LIVE. You could be hoping for your game to go on sale one week and find out the "premium" theme for that game is half off instead or some other worthless crap.

Speaking of deal of the week, are they not having one this week? I'm probably going to buy Shadow Complex anyways, but I'm kind of nonplussed if they're forgoing the DOTW to put more focus on the summer of arcade finale.

[quote name='MrGone']Speaking of deal of the week, are they not having one this week? I'm probably going to buy Shadow Complex anyways, but I'm kind of nonplussed if they're forgoing the DOTW to put more focus on the summer of arcade finale.[/QUOTE]

Some shit halo 3 theme is DOTW this week.

facepalm.jpg

Should be deals of the week instead they to often have 20% off some stupid theme or shit. Soon it will be a "clothing sale" at the avatar shop. Get 25% off all these stupid fucking items no one really gives a crap about.

Yes! Look at something like Steam, where there are 10+ deals every week. Sure Steam is more of an open market than XBLM, but it's ridiculous to think that, with the massive amount of content the Xbox marketplace has accrued over the last 3 years, they couldn't have at least one item in each category on sale every week. One XBLA game, one piece of DLC game content, and maybe one of the themes/gamer pics/avatar props/whatever for the people who actually care about that stuff. I'm sure a lot of publishers would jump at the chance for a few more sales of their marketplace content before it's forgotten and delisted.

The Deal of the Week is at least SOMETHING, but I agree, they should do more. If they started to put REALLY old content on permanent price reductions weekly, or even maybe just a new monthly permanent deal on items that are over a year old, it'd be appreciated.

Imagine if every week or 2, they dropped the price on a year old arcade game by 50% or something. It'd be a great way to give older games a community resurgance.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Should be deals of the week instead they to often have 20% off some stupid theme or shit. Soon it will be a "clothing sale" at the avatar shop. Get 25% off all these stupid fucking items no one really gives a crap about.[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about that is that you are wrong. :applause:

I don't know how many Star Wars or Halo fans you have in your friends list but after the update I saw four of my friends in Halo or SW gear.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Funny thing about that is that you are wrong. :applause:

I don't know how many Star Wars or Halo fans you have in your friends list but after the update I saw four of my friends in Halo or SW gear.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who buys "virtual clothing" isn't a friend of mine :D

[quote name='SAB-CA']The Deal of the Week is at least SOMETHING, but I agree, they should do more. If they started to put REALLY old content on permanent price reductions weekly, or even maybe just a new monthly permanent deal on items that are over a year old, it'd be appreciated.

Imagine if every week or 2, they dropped the price on a year old arcade game by 50% or something. It'd be a great way to give older games a community resurgance.[/QUOTE]
I think the DOTW should be a game AND some DLC. I can't stand when it's DLC for a game I don't even play.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Funny thing about that is that you are wrong. :applause:

I don't know how many Star Wars or Halo fans you have in your friends list but after the update I saw four of my friends in Halo or SW gear.[/QUOTE]

Those guys got ripped off, big time (unless they got lots of free points). I wouldn't mind getting that light saber. But for $5, screw that.

bread's done
Back