xbl cam or no cam?

paz9x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
so i need to renew my sub and cant decide between the normal pack with the extra mic and 200 mp pts and billiards or the cam pack for
$20 more.

any input? i really dont understand what a cam would be needed/used for

I also like taking personal gamerpics, and video chatting with my friend. Ahhhhh... good times. :p

Oh yeah, I also hook it up to my PC to take video, lol.

I got the pack during the $40 amazon sale, so it wasn't a very hard desiscion for me. :D

^same here^

I wouldn't miss the camera, but it was well worth the money I paid to get it with a subscription and 200 points. I haven't redeemed Robotron, the 200 points, or the 12 month subscription that came with it yet, though.

Get the cam. You can also use it for facemapping in World Series of Poker. Also, Totemball is a pretty cool game. It has some control issues, but all in all, it's pretty good for a free game. And yes, Uno is pretty much it's main use at this time. I believe it's also used in World Championship Poker as well, but for online play, not facemapping.

[quote name='mietha']Get the cam. You can also use it for facemapping in World Series of Poker. Also, Totemball is a pretty cool game. It has some control issues, but all in all, it's pretty good for a free game. And yes, Uno is pretty much it's main use at this time. I believe it's also used in World Championship Poker as well, but for online play, not facemapping.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me your joking. Please.

I've lost all faith in humanity.

Let me clear this up for the OP:

Totemball is not a game. It is a demonstration of how lines of code are useless without some sort of organization to draw them together into a meaningfull piece of executable software.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Please tell me your joking. Please.

I've lost all faith in humanity.

Let me clear this up for the OP:

Totemball is not a game. It is a demonstration of how lines of code are useless without some sort of organization to draw them together into a meaningfull piece of executable software.[/quote]

:applause: So true!

I missed the $40 Amazon deal and paid $60 at buy.com while I could. The headset was what I really needed and perhaps a 1 year card with the freebie games and the webcam. The webcam's quality isn't that great compared to PS2's eyetoy (i compared). But for the extra headset (if you need) and the webcam, i'd easily pay just 20 bucks more for those on top of the 1 year subscription

Go for the cam. You could always flash a random body part, like many players do while playing UNO. That or play with themselves while playing Uno. So very sick. *Shudders*

[quote name='s3v3n777']Go for the cam. You could always flash a random body part, like many players do while playing UNO. That or play with themselves while playing Uno. So very sick. *Shudders*[/QUOTE]
yea im a bit beyond that garbage. i think ill just pick up whichever i find at the best price.

[quote name='s3v3n777']you can find the non-cam package at a pretty good price. The cam is honesly worthless right now.[/quote]

Except if you have R6: Vegas - In that case the camera kicks ass.

you can use the cam with the cag chat too. Of course first you would have to use the cag chat since theres only like 10 people who go in there. But assuming you did go to the chat you could let everyone look at you and wonder "wow this guy is so cool, I wish I could hook up my cam but Im embarrased of my appearance..."

There's a cagchat?

I only have the camera because of the amazon $40 deal. If I didn't get that I doubt I would ever own the thing since, like others have said, it's pretty useless as of right now.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']The cam is pretty useless except for UNO (where it rocks) and Rainbow 6: Vegas (where you can facemap your Multiplayer character).[/quote]

Completely agree, but I got it for free so I cant complain.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']There's a cagchat?

I only have the camera because of the amazon $40 deal. If I didn't get that I doubt I would ever own the thing since, like others have said, it's pretty useless as of right now.[/QUOTE]

I also don't consider the fact that you can watch people sit and play Uno as "awesome."

well i stopped by sears for some tools and they happen to have 3 of the xbl camera packs on a hangar that said xbl $49.99 so i bought it for $49.99

bread's done
Back