- Ultimate Matt X (Launch, Best Deal)

Star Trek: Legacy
-
2Fast (Launch)
- Kaijufan (Launch)

Tony Hawk
-
Nyprimus4 (Christmas)

With Gears of War and upteen other games coming out I thought it was finally time I start a thread like this. What I wanna do is start a thread where Cheapass Live players can coordinate when to get together. So say you don't get Gears of War until Family Video ships it or a price drop you'll know who all will be online.

Is there an interest in this? I'm not sure how much I can update it, but I'll try. We could list major games and when we all plan to get them ensuring you'll have people to play with on co-op, versus, or whatever.

If anyone wants to help or has a better thread name let me know. Here are the games that I definitely think are worth starting with: Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Smackdown, and Lost Planet. Initially maybe we could have Launch, Price Drop, and maybe like After Christmas as categories.

Games I'm definitely getting on day one:

- Gears of War
- Smackdown vs. RAW 2007
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

I still play:

- Table Tennis
- DOA4

Sounds like a good idea. Should expand that to have a couple of days in a month, that we can play a certain game, say sunday the 15th is RSV, 20th GoW, ect. Even older games like CoD2, THAW, or bc games like CS. (relates to after price drop, christmas, launch)

A thread that covers 1+ games will get way too confusing/be too much work for you imo. I don't have much trouble finding people in the individual game threads. If you get the game late just give the discussion thread a *bump* and ask if anyone's still playing it.

edit: maybe i misunderstood. Are you trying to create a CAG xbl calendar of sorts? because that would be pretty cool.

Well a calendar might be an extension of it, but more along the lines of just a list of who is getting what when. So if you're looking for online multiplayer you'll know if anyone is actually gonna be on to play. Individual game threads work, but this would help keep it a little more centralized. Not sure exactly on all the details, but I thought I'd at least bring the idea up.

Okay here is tentatively how I think I'll make things look.

Gears of War
jasonlives13 (Launch)
ph33r m3 (Launch)
Ma12kez (Launch)

Rainbow Six Vegas
Ma12kez (Launch)

Call of Duty 3
ph33r m3 (Launch)

Smackdown vs Raw
jasonlives13 (Launch)

Lost Planet

I'll try to add formating and such, but I'll list major games and then when people expect to get them. Maybe after Launch I'll clear out those people or maybe make a seperate list for that.

I do like the calendar idea too, but that might be even harder to organize.

You can add me (jcender) to Gears of War. I see potential in this thread, but it seems like it needs to be managed a little differently. I'm not saying I know a better way, but just that I think if this were done right, it could be a huge asset to CAGers.

Okay I'm updating a text file of this thread on my computer and will try to update it fairly often. Again, I'm still open to ideas as to whether this is even needed or how to go about it. I'm still trying to think of a better title too.

Great idea, Ultimate Matt X. I was thinking about creating a post very similar to yours, but I agree with ender in that there must be a better way to organize this information. I'll look into it...

Anyways, I will have Gears of War and Rainbow Six on launch, and I should have Call of Duty 3 among others by Christmas time.

this has been tried many times (and failed everytime), but, what the hell..

Gears of War (launch)
Call of Duty 3 (launch)
Rainbow Six: Vegas (launch)
WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2007 (launch)

Although I'll be getting games at launch, I won't be able to play Live much during weeknights at the dorm (crap connection). Look for me Friday nights - Sundays.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']All I know, is that Ultimate Matt X needs a girlfriend or something. He has too much time.[/quote]

Please explain to me how him making this post implies that he has too much time on his hands. It really won't be that big of a deal to keep updated. Just check every day or two, add the names from the posts into the OP, and you're done.

Sorry to be anal, but I'm sick of seeing well-meaning and helpful posters get shit from jack-offs who have nothing else to do but be a complete dick.

[quote name='the ender']Please explain to me how him making this post implies that he has too much time on his hands. It really won't be that big of a deal to keep updated. Just check every day or two, add the names from the posts into the OP, and you're done.

Sorry to be anal, but I'm sick of seeing well-meaning and helpful posters get shit from jack-offs who have nothing else to do but be a complete dick.[/quote]

I'm just joking. Relax, its only the internet. Even Matt didnt feel it worthy a response.

Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Madden 2007
Tiger Woods 2007

Preordered:
Rainbow Six Vegas
Call of Duty 3

OP, have you looked into Google Calendar or Yahoo! Calendar? They are both free online apps, loaded with useful features; including the ability to be viewed by many people. I think this would be your best bet for scheduling.

I've got gears fo war. Played with LinkinPrime, Ramo Z, and DrStarkweather last night, so I know they are playing as well.

I just got GoW last night. Please add me to the list, UltimateMatt. I really need some (Live) friends...boo hoo hoo

My random teammates last night did not have either

1) headset to communicate some kind of strategy other than "fight to the death"

2) teamwork. I'm having a shootout with 2 other enemies, I hold "Y" to focus on the closest friend to see if he needs cover fire, and they already flanked without telling me.

I picked up Gears of War yesterday, so I will be up for some multiplayer anytime.

But here is my list:

Gears of War (launch)
RS6: Vegas (launch)
COD 3 (X-mas)

Just send me a friend request, I have quite a few open spots (as in I only have 7 people on my friends list right now ;))

I'm updating the original post now. Still need to fix formatting but I wanted to get something up. If a time isn't noted that means getting it at launch.

Please add me up there for Gears of War. I'll be on all night tonight (Friday), just send me an add, I need more friends!

Gears of Wars (picking up my preorder 11/10)
Rainbow Six (christmas)
Any game I rent with Gamefly i.e. Tony Hawk is coming early next week

Still Play:
Project Gothem Racing 3

bread's done
Back