XBL Deal of the Week (8/24-8/30) - GTA IV: The Lost and Damned for 1200 points

RBH

CAGiversary!
Tomorrow the new Xbox LIVE update will bring a slew of blockbuster entertainment features to 20 million gamers around the world…but the blockbusters don’t stop there! This month the Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week will have a blockbuster of its own in “Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned,” the acclaimed episode from Rockstar Games that set the gaming world on fire exclusively on Xbox LIVE.

“The Lost and Damned” redefined the scope and possibilities of downloadable content when it released earlier this year to lavish praise and critical acclaim. Playing as all-new protagonist Johnny Klebitz, you will experience a carefully crafted narrative that presents a darker Liberty City filled with bitter rivalries and long-standing feuds. With a new campaign that rivals even standalone titles in length, new multiplayer modes, music, weapons, and more, this great value gets even sweeter for Gold members at 1200 Microsoft Points the week of August 24.

“The Lost and Damned” comes amid a value-packed August on Xbox LIVE, with deep discounts on some of the most popular games, Add-ons and themes. Have “Halo” on the brain ever since the “Halo 3: ODST” ViDoc debut last week? Then download the “Halo 3” Splatter Spree Theme to give your Xbox 360 dashboard that USNC shine. You can also get your football fix (that’s the Queen’s English) with the “FIFA 09” Ultimate Team Add-on, or study up on “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two” just in time for the PAX convention next month.

With a whole new world of value debuting tomorrow – including the ability to update your Netflix instant Queue and host a movie party for Gold members – and even more on the way with Facebook, Twitter and Last.fm this fall, there’s never been a better time to upgrade to Gold.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20516/Xbox-LIVE-Deal-of-the-Week-GTA-IV-The-Lost-and-Damned/

Isn't Lost and Damned coming with Ballade of Fat Tony on a disc when that comes out? I wonder if I should just wait and try and nab that disc on sale some time, or jump on this discounted price now... hmmm

[quote name='Zmonkay']Isn't Lost and Damned coming with Ballade of Fat Tony on a disc when that comes out? I wonder if I should just wait and try and nab that disc on sale some time, or jump on this discounted price now... hmmm[/QUOTE]

I believe the two will be $40 and you won't need GTA 4 to play them, but you don't get GTA 4 content (I.E., Niko's game) with the stand alone.

1200 space bucks isn't a bad deal for this content - it's basically a 10 hour game by itself.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Isn't Lost and Damned coming with Ballade of Fat Tony on a disc when that comes out? I wonder if I should just wait and try and nab that disc on sale some time, or jump on this discounted price now... hmmm[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was thinking..........

If I didn't already purchase TL&D, I would wait for a deal on the set with it and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with it as
1) It's an actual disc/package
2) It doesn't take up hard drive space
3) You don't need your copy of GTAIV anymore

and almost always
4) You get a better deal on a physical copy than a downloadable one

Lost and Damned is a memory monster. That thing takes up well over 1 Gig of your HDD. As much as I'd like it, I'm not going to commit that much space to it. I'll just wait for the retail disc as well.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Lost and Damned is a memory monster. That thing takes up well over 1 Gig of your HDD. As much as I'd like it, I'm not going to commit that much space to it. I'll just wait for the retail disc as well.[/QUOTE]

not when you have a 120gb HD :lol:

Yeah, I had a lot of fun w/ TLaD, but at this point, I'd advise anyone to wait for the retail disc. Sure, this is a more than fair price for TLaD, but I'm sure that you'll be able to get the disc used or on clearance for 30 bucks or less and that's for both expansions.

Oh and I love that GunstarRed (aka Gunstar419) has my girl Candy Cane as his (her) gamerpic!

Wait for the GTA Episodes DLC pack disc, coming out early October, and then you can simply trade the disc away when you're done and save the hard drive space and microsoft points.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Isn't Lost and Damned coming with Ballade of Fat Tony on a disc when that comes out? I wonder if I should just wait and try and nab that disc on sale some time, or jump on this discounted price now... hmmm[/QUOTE]See below.

[quote name='RudyPants']I believe the two will be $40 and you won't need GTA 4 to play them, but you don't get GTA 4 content (I.E., Niko's game) with the stand alone.

1200 space bucks isn't a bad deal for this content - it's basically a 10 hour game by itself.[/QUOTE]That's what's been posted on the Internet about it.

$15 worth of space bucks is still saving $5 off the current cost. Best you could manage for a retail purchase was picking it up from Amazon when they offered a free 3 month XBL card with it. I sold it for $10 so it was net $10 for me.

[quote name='ohboy10451']not when you have a 120gb HD :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have a 120 GB HDD and mine is rapidly filling up. I'm down to under 10 GB now after extensive Game Add Ons, XBLA games, and Rock Band tracks. I never expected to use it all up either. Adding a 1.78 GB Add On to that is out of the question.

...And stay away from MY girl Candy Cane! *LOL*

bought this on clearance @ target for $4.99 several weeks ago, in Mount Kisco NY. This was for the LAD XBL DLC card. If I hadn't gotten it for that price I would have waited for ballad of gay tony, since you can't resell DLC.. great expansion though.

[quote name='Foo228']If I didn't already purchase TL&D, I would wait for a deal on the set with it and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

and almost always
4) You get a better deal on a physical copy than a downloadable one[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm probably going to do. I don't have the $15 to spend right now, and five bucks off of the regular price doesn't do much for me. The Rock Band track packs taught me that waiting for a deal can pay off, and I suspect it will here too.

Microsoft should really take after Steam and try for some more drastic discounts. If you cut the price significantly, you're going to spur a lot more sales that way and make up for the loss in profit per copy by volume sold.

Either way, this is still better than the FIFA "deal" we've got this week.

I bought it for full price a month ago and thought it was mostly worth it. Could have used some more involving achievements (you don't need to get 100% or kill all the seagulls) for the replay value but the story mode was pretty good. Heavy emphasis on huge gunfights, which may or may not appeal to you.

[quote name='Foo228']If I didn't already purchase TL&D, I would wait for a deal on the set with it and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

and almost always

And with the ECA discount, you'll save at least $4 anyway.

Nice, thanks for the post, i may bite on this after the update.
151l1259.jpg

Just aheads up to any one that wants it, I saw this today at best buy for 50%. They put the retail package of it on manager's special. Probably, YMMV but I'm willing to pick it up for anyone that wants it.

Heh just played through this last week. Normally I'd be upset that I just missed a sale like this but I just went off to school this week (no 360 for me till next summer) so I'm glad I got a chance to play it when I did.

Took me a little under 10 hours to finish the story (could take maybe another 2-3 hours if I went for 100%) so well worth 1200 points (or even 1600) IMO.

and almost always

I'm sure the DLC pack will have a shorter shelf life then GTA4 and we'll be able to find deals on it not too long after it comes out. I'll save the HD space and wait for the disk version.

TL&D was fantastic. I'm glad someone found the real DOTW and not whatever I dug up.

I'd probably wait for the disc version as well if I hadn't bought it already. I couldn't find the disc release date but heard of it.

It's worth splurging on if you really want to play it though. Definitely the best DLC released on the 360 from a value/production standpoint.

I've been wanting to pick this up for a while, but I'll wait for the disc copy. I'm sure I'll be able to pick that up for $20 not too long after it comes out. Microsoft really should be more aggressive with these sales. I give steam money all the time, because the dlc sales are just too good to pass up.

Pass.

and almost always
This pretty much explains my mentality on this 'deal' to a tee. I don't own it yet, but when a hard version on an actual disc becomes available I'll probably bite. I really loved GTA4, and I've heard that TLaD is a great experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back