XBL Deals: 10/7 Terraria, Zeno Clash, More 50% off (Gold) | FREE Gold Games: 10/1 Clash of Heroes, 10/16 Halo 3 | Activision Sale | RCR 33% off | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/1 - 10/7 ... XBLA Games:

GOLD trial" account.

Free Games:

Sales Related to the Free Games:

10/1 - 10/7 ... Activision Publisher Sale:

[*]Full Game - Vigilante 8: Arcade Full Version - $2.49 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Full Game - The Walking Dead - Free - 100% off - xbldb
[*]Angry Birds Trilogy - $29.99 - 25% off - xbldb
[*]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $49.99 - 17% off - xbldb
[*]Crash Mind Over Mutant - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Crash Of The Titans - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb
[*]Deadpool - $39.99 - 20% off - xbldb

[*]Family Guy: Back To The Multiverse - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Gun - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]NASCAR Inside Line - $29.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*][PROTOTYPE] - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™:Dimensions - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Edge of Time - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man™: Friend or Foe - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Spider-Man 3 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers: War for Cybertron - $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]Transformers 2 - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men™: Destiny - $19.99 - 50% off - xbldb

[*]X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $14.99 - 50% off - xbldb

9/24 - 10/22 ... Retro City Rampage Extended Sale:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Announced Price Drops for August:

Unannounced Price Drops for August:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I haven't been around in a bit (been surfing eBay for some old games to fill the retro itch lately) and I'm in need of some catching up. What's the word on everyone being banned? I missed the Rayman thing and it appears to be a good thing..

Also, saw BobbyTastic's post about taking over the thread because of Tyler's problem. What happened? Death in the family? Sadly, I'm going through this at this very moment as I watched my grandfather pass away in the hospital last night..

But on topic, I snagged Zeno Clash for a buck. The demo was very odd when I played it ages ago, but for a buck, why not? Worst case scenario I pick up an achievement or two.

Anyone else having issues downloading the free DLC for Clash of Heroes? Is there a known issue with this? Initially tried from the website, but got scared and fired up my Xbox for fear of having been banned (fortunately not the case!).

I saw the Family Guy Boob Sweat DLC is on sale. Worth a pickup? Haven't played the game yet (gasp!) and it doesn't have achievements so I'm always hesitant. Same question goes for the Golf: Tee it Up! and Gin Rummy games. They are cheap enough, but are they any good at all?

I can't remember the last good DOTW. It's been only the publisher and event sales that are worthwhile for a long time now. It's almost like they've said "Well you got games for gold...that's enough for you."

So I haven't been around in a bit (been surfing eBay for some old games to fill the retro itch lately) and I'm in need of some catching up. What's the word on everyone being banned? I missed the Rayman thing and it appears to be a good thing..

Also, saw BobbyTastic's post about taking over the thread because of Tyler's problem. What happened? Death in the family? Sadly, I'm going through this at this very moment as I watched my grandfather pass away in the hospital last night..
No, he got banned like everyone else, so not much reason for him to want to continue updating a XBL thread when he is banned from XBL.

That's terrible! I've been kind of on edge lately thinking this may happen to me as I have taken advantage of the "freebies" in the past and have also made some legitimate purchases of "out of region" content that could also potentially cause a ban. Is it my fault that Bulletsoul never released in the U.S.? Heck no. Now I'm afraid to buy the DLC for it. Wish I had just bit the bullet and bought that sooner. Oh well.

[quote name="Chrono Gear" post="11118528" timestamp="1381199509"]

But on topic, I snagged Zeno Clash for a buck. The demo was very odd when I played it ages ago, but for a buck, why not? Worst case scenario I pick up an achievement or two.

Anyone else having issues downloading the free DLC for Clash of Heroes? Is there a known issue with this? Initially tried from the website, but got scared and fired up my Xbox for fear of having been banned (fortunately not the case!).

I saw the Family Guy Boob Sweat DLC is on sale. Worth a pickup? Haven't played the game yet (gasp!) and it doesn't have achievements so I'm always hesitant. Same question goes for the Golf: Tee it Up! and Gin Rummy games. They are cheap enough, but are they any good at all?[/quote]
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. :(

As a big fan of card and board games I enjoyed the Gin Rummy game for the few games I played. It was worth it for me.

DOTW is SEGA games. So far nothing for me.

So,Pacific Rim, R.I.P.D, X-MEN Arcade, Real Steel, Transformers and Guardians of Middle Earth are on sale along with Black Ops II weapon camo this week. I guess we're back to another slow week.

Add me to the many people thanking tyler.  You did a great job with this thread especially given the cag changeover difficulties.  I wish you hadn't gotten such a raw deal from microsoft.

+1 to the thanking for Tyler.

This thread was the reason I registered and stopped lurking in the first place; to be able to say thanks.

One more time; thanks!

Alright, after waking up from a nap while watching the newest craptacular season of Luther, I began working on the new thread.

The OP is just about ready to launch. Going to reserve 4 posts. Will edit with link when finished.

Here goes!

I guess it's good that the movie games went on sale, they seem most likely to be removed due to expired licenses.  And if this turns into a Sega sale I really hope they put the Toejam and Earl SVC Collection on sale, how they put all but that one on sale and still have not done it yet is a shock, I mean Sega is probably the most generous when it comes to these XBLA sales.  

Thanks for offering to take over the thread, Bobbytastic, and thanks to tyler for maintaining it this far even with his unfortunate ban!

I do like the impressions idea and love the achievements info. Let's hope for a great DOTW to kick off the new thread! :)
Thank you, tylerh101 & Bobbytastic. Tyler did a fantastic job. Is there a post where we can find out exactly why he got banned? Some say like everyone else....what was that for? Is it still going on? Thanks for any info. Best of luck, Bobbytastic!

Took forever and I totally fucked up the formatting originally, but finally the new thread's open for business!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320801-xbl-deals-108-movie-madness-gold-free-gold-games-101-clash-of-heroes-1016-halo-3-black-ops-2-personalization-sale-rcr-33-off-more/

Thank you, tylerh101 & Bobbytastic. Tyler did a fantastic job. Is there a post where we can find out exactly why he got banned? Some say like everyone else....what was that for? Is it still going on? Thanks for any info. Best of luck, Bobbytastic!
Thank you! Tyler was one of the unlucky few who were banned over getting free games from the Omani/Bosnian marketplaces. There were waves of bannings over this (a first for out-of-region purchases), and most got console-banned. But supposedly since Tyler played one of the "free" games on his account, his account was also banned.

I guess it's good that the movie games went on sale, they seem most likely to be removed due to expired licenses. And if this turns into a Sega sale I really hope they put the Toejam and Earl SVC Collection on sale, how they put all but that one on sale and still have not done it yet is a shock, I mean Sega is probably the most generous when it comes to these XBLA sales.

It's not a Sega sale. Most of the games are not published by Sega. I'm not sure who got that idea? The only Sega games are the Aliens series games. Star Trek is Namco-Bandai. Transformers is Activision. R.I.P.D. is Atlus. X-men is Konami, Guardians is WB Interactive Entertainment. And Pacific Rim and Real Steel are from YUKE'S. In fact, now that I think about it, this might be the largest amount of different publishers offering content on sale simultaneously I've ever seen.

I wish it was a Sega sale. :(

Before this closes, I also wanted to thank Tyler for everything. I honestly abandoned my Xbox for a little while until I started following this thread and the ongoing deals. 

Thanks everyone for all the gratitude you've shown.  I've enjoyed being the OP and updating it regularly.  CAG is an awesome place and it was an awesome way for me to give back a little bit.  Bobbytastic will do a great job going forward.  I'll still be around in the thread even though I can't actually buy anything.  But discussing XBLA games and sales will still be fun and I enjoy seeing what other people have to say.  

With that, I'm closing this thread.  New thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320801-xbl-deals-108-movie-madness-gold-free-gold-games-101-clash-of-heroes-1016-halo-3-black-ops-2-personalization-sale-rcr-33-off-more/#entry11118734

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back