XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']I would argue that your comment fails to be useful to anyone else. :p[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Sath666']Yes, i hate when see some average/mediocre games that are over 1gb. I'm down to 7gb on my 250gb hdd and have another one (120gb), which is full with GoD games lol. Time to delete some dlc junk i guess. -_-[/QUOTE]

I've had to shift my mindset on downloadable games. Since I only have 120 GB, I'm long past the point where I can store everything I own. I've had to start deleting games that I've beaten. Once you realize this is OK, it really makes everything a lot easier. I really don't need games like LC:GOL taking up 2GBs of my hard drive since I've already 100%'d it and have plenty of unbeaten games to play.

As for the next couple weeks deals, at least they're a lot better than last week. The MegaMan 20% off thing is kind of a dick move, but the EA sale is pretty decent, even though I own everything I want. Except the ME3 DLC, but they're bound to have a big ME3 DLC sale at some point, I feel like it will go cheaper. And I don't really need the DLC right away because I haven't even played ME2 yet.

I'm going to work on the OP a little bit.

EDIT: I lied. Something just came up. I'll get to the OP later if someone hasn't already done it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another EA sale and they forgot to include Microbot again? ugh. Learn your lesson, kids: if you're on the fence about a sale, it may be the only chance you get and you'll be kicking yourself for the next few years about a missed mediocre game...

Picking up Shank 2 and putting it immediately behind Mark OT Ninja in my backlog, it just wouldn't seem right otherwise.

[quote name='jthieme']So is there anymore DLC coming in the future for Dragon Age II? Is there any plans for an ultimate edition does anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Definitely no more DLC coming. Don't know about a compilation edition but it seems unlikely, unless it's some kind of ultimate bundle with both DA games.

[quote name='jthieme']So is there anymore DLC coming in the future for Dragon Age II? Is there any plans for an ultimate edition does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I would say the answer to both of those are no. Bioware has moved onto DA3 now.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']compared with Amazon PC DD thread and Steam Thread, this thread never fails to fail.[/QUOTE]
What do i win for spotting who he is first. ;):D:bouncy:

Nope, no Ultimate Edition for DA2.
They said that retailers didnt want it since DA2 didnt sell as well

I picked up the DA2 DLC. It's about time it went on sale. Still debating on whether I want to get Deathspank 2 or not since I still haven't beat the first game.

[quote name='INCyr']Well, I'll get From Ashes, but kinda pissed the ME2 DLC isn't on sale. Been waiting almost a year, wondering if I should just pick it up anyway.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I remember when it seemed like every other week was Mass Effect DLC half off. Of course, this was before I had the games.

I've never bought DLC at full price and wondering if I should give up the ghost and get the Mass Effect 2 stuff now. My fear is it going on sale the week after I buy it though.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I've never bought DLC at full price and wondering if I should give up the ghost and get the Mass Effect 2 stuff now. My fear is it going on sale the week after I buy it though.[/QUOTE]
Lair of the Shadow Broker is WELL worth full price, I would not have any qualms about picking that up right away. Kasumi is also really great if you want more. Then wait for a sale for Overlord and Arrival.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Definitely no more DLC coming. Don't know about a compilation edition but it seems unlikely, unless it's some kind of ultimate bundle with both DA games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. As a family with multiple gamers and 360's I hate buying dlc if I have other options as it ties you to a single console or gamertag.

Well and here I thought they would never put the DLC characters in SFXTekken on sale. I hardly play the game anymore so $15 doesn't seem worth the re-visit to that game.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Been waiting ages for Shank 2 and the Dragon Age 2 DLC to go on sale. Why the fuck isn't Mark of the Assassin half off though?[/QUOTE]

It was on sale just a few weeks ago. I don't think you have a good reason to complain.

Hmm... Vanilla game is $18.57 on Amazon, plus $15 for the missing characters... $33.57 still seems like too much for Street Fighter X Tekken.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Hmm... Vanilla game is $18.57 on Amazon, plus $15 for the missing characters... $33.57 still seems like too much for Street Fighter X Tekken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was $10 through gamefly at multiple points. I ended up getting the special edition targeted at clearance for $18 months ago. Sadly havent seen it deep discounted since.

For anyone curious about he Atari/Test Drive situation: TDU1 is still down and probably will be forever as they announced the servers were going to be shut down. TDU2 is up and running, in fact they even had a small mandatory patch released today. Sadly the forums have been down forever and PC users can't buy tokens/car DLC thru their site. I'm not sure how long TDU2 will remain running but It still is at the moment.

Seeing all this Dragon Age DLC on sale reminds me I still need to play it from when I bought it before. I blame the DLC going on sale after I played the game originally.

Otherwise, in for DA2 DLC and Shank 2. Debating on Kingdom of Amular DLC as well. If I owned the game, I'd get it no question, but I don't presently have it yet. Being an EA game, I feel I could wait, but being a Curt Shilling game, I wonder if at some point the DLC will get delisted with the company being out of business.

So any thoughts on the The Exiled Prince DLC for DA2? Seems pretty weak compared to the other 2. I know it was only for the Signature version originally right?

[quote name='chicken_soup_2']the general consensus is that Amalur is best played ignoring everything not in the main quest line[/QUOTE]

Why is that?

Reckoning is a great game, it's a shame that Big Huge got all tangled up in the failure of Curt Schilling's MMO. The DLCs are some of the best quests in the game too. It seems like if they were going to be delisted, it would have happened already? I don't know though. Couldn't hurt to grab the DLC now if you're planning on playing it at some point.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So any thoughts on the The Exiled Prince DLC for DA2? Seems pretty weak compared to the other 2. I know it was only for the Signature version originally right?[/QUOTE]
It's akin to the Kasumi, Zaeed, or Javik DLC from Mass Effect. The mission content itself is not huge, but it does add a whole new party member that you can use for the rest of the game. So factor that in.

[quote name='chicken_soup_2']the general consensus is that Amalur is best played ignoring everything not in the main quest line[/QUOTE]
Disagree. I enjoyed both DLCs quite a bit, and they're well worth it for 400 points each.

[quote name='ooga']It was on sale just a few weeks ago. I don't think you have a good reason to complain.[/QUOTE]

He said Mark of the Assassin (DA2 DLC). I believe you're thinking of Mark of the Ninja.

[quote name='Kerig']Another EA sale and they forgot to include Microbot again? ugh. Learn your lesson, kids: if you're on the fence about a sale, it may be the only chance you get and you'll be kicking yourself for the next few years about a missed mediocre game...

Picking up Shank 2 and putting it immediately behind Mark OT Ninja in my backlog, it just wouldn't seem right otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is only the 2nd time Amalur & DA 2 DLC has been on sale (first time for Mark of the Assassin from DA 2) so I would get them now as EA seems to have a no discount policy on DLC as the newer stuff never goes on sale.

[quote name='JStryke']Seeing all this Dragon Age DLC on sale reminds me I still need to play it from when I bought it before. I blame the DLC going on sale after I played the game originally.

Otherwise, in for DA2 DLC and Shank 2. Debating on Kingdom of Amular DLC as well. If I owned the game, I'd get it no question, but I don't presently have it yet. Being an EA game, I feel I could wait, but being a Curt Shilling game, I wonder if at some point the DLC will get delisted with the company being out of business.[/QUOTE]

I'd get it while its still on sale. There's no more new copies of the game to replenish the retailers when they sell out, & GS just raised the price of the game to $40 used.

It will be the Tales of Vesperia or western RPG's in terms of purchase price, at least at retail.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So any thoughts on the The Exiled Prince DLC for DA2? Seems pretty weak compared to the other 2. I know it was only for the Signature version originally right?[/QUOTE]

It was free w/Signature Edition but available separately on Day 1, which is where they got the idea of how to treat From Ashes.

And before its asked, From Ashes & Leviathan are absolutely necessary to enjoy Mass Effect 3 at its fullest. So glad I got Leviathan with the 1-day BF sale.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']He said Mark of the Assassin (DA2 DLC). I believe you're thinking of Mark of the Ninja.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you've discovered my secret......I can't read! :cry:

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'd get it while its still on sale. There's no more new copies of the game to replenish the retailers when they sell out, & GS just raised the price of the game to $40 used.

It will be the Tales of Vesperia or western RPG's in terms of purchase price, at least at retail.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of dumping my new unopened copy of KoA and buy it back later but it looks like I should just hold onto it since I got it for $10.50 during the BBY @Gamer sale.

This sale is very conviently happening 3-4 days after I finished DA:Origins and all of the DLC minus Stone Prisoner, and thats the one DLC not included in this sale!...Now the question is, are there any Microsoft Points deals at the moment that u guys are tracking?

I'm definitely in all for the DA2 DLC and Kingdoms of Amalur DLC (though I dont own it yet) but only have 820MSP atm.

All these years without any XBLA discount on Mega Man 9 and all they could give us was 20 percent off? What a letdown. Was anyone here waiting 4+ years for a 2 dollar discount? That's a big maybe for me.

Dragon Age DLC also gets a maybe. I've never even played the series but know well enough that EA likes to sit on its DLC pricing for as long as it can tolerate.

I would've bit on Space Invaders Extreme but I thought it was also on a compilation disc, for some reason. Whoops. Infinity Gene will have to do for me, I guess.

Already got everything on sale next week, score.

Just a reminder to those who are rewards members. We will get a new monthly reward offer on Friday so you may want to wait to purchase anything until we see what it is.

This is a great sale for me:
Deathspank 2
SSX and possibly the DLC
DA2 and DLC
Reckoning DLC

Need to download a couple demos to see what else I may need...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']You can't. Only tyler can.[/QUOTE]
cool , my first edit is the new sales, my first time might not look pretty but its my contribution

i have been checking reviews for shank 1 and 2, and for deathspank 1 and 2. I probably would get only 1 of these 4. Can those who have played provide recommendations? thanks!

[quote name='labrat34']i have been checking reviews for shank 1 and 2, and for deathspank 1 and 2. I probably would get only 1 of these 4. Can those who have played provide recommendations? thanks![/QUOTE]

I enjoyed deathspank over shank but they're completely different games. Also, I liked DS1 over DS2

[quote name='labrat34']i have been checking reviews for shank 1 and 2, and for deathspank 1 and 2. I probably would get only 1 of these 4. Can those who have played provide recommendations? thanks![/QUOTE]

I haven't played enough of the Shank games to give them a fair shake, but I'll echo what seems to be the general sentiment around here for Deathspank: The first two games are equally good, with the third (not on sale) being something of a letdown. I'd give the second game the slightest edge if forced to choose, but if you place any value in its oddball story at all, know that the second picks up pretty much immediately after the first and may leave you scratching your head with a few referential jokes.

Oh, and if you want all the gamerscore you can get in Thongs of Virtue, don't rob Madame Primp. Just don't.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']All these years without any XBLA discount on Mega Man 9 and all they could give us was 20 percent off? What a letdown. Was anyone here waiting 4+ years for a 2 dollar discount? That's a big maybe for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed with this sale, too, but I've had it with waiting. I bought it today and will finally be getting my MM fix.

Haha, wow, I totally missed the new thread, which explains why it kept getting lower on my subs. D'oh.

Anyway, I'm getting Deathspank 2 since I missed it last time it was on sale and didn't want to start 3 until I played 2. Also, yay for the DA2 Dlc that hasn't been on sale to go on sale, I still need to finish that game.

In case anyone cares, I really enjoyed the dlc for KoA, so I'd recommend it at half off.

Edit: The OP looks really good, nice job Tyler!

So Skulls of the Shogun is coming out tomorrow. Don't know if this was discussed before, but is anyone else bummed that every version of it will have a discount at launch except Xbox? Kind of turning me off from a definite day one purchase.

Already picked up NFS: MW Speed Pack today and I'll probably wait a few days for the other stuff. I've always wanted to play the Deathspank series so I will probably get those and I will pick up Mark of the Assassin DA2 DLC as well. Not a bad sale overall!

If you enjoy Ron Gilbert's work (like Monkey Island) you will really get a kick out of DeathSpank. Very funny stuff.

Shank 2 will be mine. Been waiting on that one.

I guess i'm in the minority concerning the Deathspank series. I thought The Baconing was pretty solid. All three are pretty good games in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back