XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irafreak']Perhaps I missed it in all the recent posts but was it ever determined what the special bonus was for completing the 3 punchcards last month? Got my 800 points pending and my avatar award and month of live....[/QUOTE]

You get to participate in the next VIP event, no news on what exactly that is or will be.

[quote name='ThaKakarot']Nice, got Alan wake for 160 points.
What a steal!
Debating on Split second for 400 points..[/QUOTE]
Hungarian marketplace?

Looks like most of the MSP orders didn't even go through. So now when you try to checkout again, you just get a message saying they're having problems.

Hopefully we'll be able to order in a bit.

Really could've used those points too :(

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Guys, which one do you think iis more worth buying, the Alan Wake DLC or Split/ Sec GOD?
Any inputs would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Try out the demo of Split/Sec. I thought it was a blast and an interesting concept for a racing game, but it was made by Disney, the music is crap, it doesn't have licensed cars... Like I said, I enjoyed it and totally jumped on it and all the DLC, but I recognize that it's not for everyone, and definitely the kind of game to wait on bargain-bin prices.

I never cared for Alan Wake, but The Writer is supposed to be really damn good for people already sold on the way the story is played out. American Nightmare is far more action-orientated, which hurt the core audience that loved the story but failed to do much to win over Gears of War newbs.

Btw the DLC for Brink Agents of Change is on sale for 400 MSP too...I know it was free in the very beginning that is when I got it anyway it is not listed in the OP..

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Guys, which one do you think iis more worth buying, the Alan Wake DLC or Split/ Sec GOD?
Any inputs would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I loved Alan Wake but honestly felt the DLC added next to nothing to the story from a closure perspective. It's a pretty poor value compared to just the GOD as well. I'd say just go with the main game, personally.

[quote name='maesto_bungle']Try out the demo of Split/Sec. I thought it was a blast and an interesting concept for a racing game, but it was made by Disney, the music is crap, it doesn't have licensed cars... Like I said, I enjoyed it and totally jumped on it and all the DLC, but I recognize that it's not for everyone, and definitely the kind of game to wait on bargain-bin prices.

I never cared for Alan Wake, but The Writer is supposed to be really damn good for people already sold on the way the story is played out. American Nightmare is far more action-orientated, which hurt the core audience that loved the story but failed to do much to win over Gears of War newbs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cthomer5000']I loved Alan Wake but honestly felt the DLC added next to nothing to the story from a closure perspective. It's a pretty poor value compared to just the GOD as well. I'd say just go with the main game, personally.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guys for your input.

I'm going to try out the first before jumping on S/S, if wins me i'm buying. Maybe, Disney, made an okay racing game. It did made, Pure, and that was a decent racing game.
As for Alan Wake DLC, i think i'll get the "American nightmare" mini game. And i'll wait for another sale to get " the writer" and the other DLC.

Thanks again.

Disney didn't make Pure or Split/Second. That was all Black Rock Studios. Disney just published it and then canned the developers because their grand plan for getting into the game industry didn't work as well as they had hoped.

Got Alan Wake plus DLC's plus American Nightmare for 1280msp!! Not bad for a "digital collection edition" :D Now to wait till next week's Dark Souls sale :)

[quote name='kcobra22']yeah, because 15 xbox exclusives in the first year with 8 of them new franchises is definitely not gaming related :roll:

and you guys seem confused on backwards compatibility...so here's a quote from IGN's site:

"Xbox Live Vice President Marc Whitten elaborated on the situation, saying, "The system is based on a different core architecture, so back-compat doesn't really work from that perspective." This is a similar situation to what the PS4 is running into, where it is unable to play PS3 games due to the switch to an x86 CPU rather than relying on the last generation's PowerPC architecture."[/QUOTE]

Can't wait for 15 new ways to bowl and dance with Kinect v2.0. There is a reason they didn't tease any of those 15 exclusives, and no it isn't because they wanted everyone to be super disappointed for 3 weeks until E3!

[quote name='RiPPn']Can't wait for 15 new ways to bowl and dance with Kinect v2.0. There is a reason they didn't tease any of those 15 exclusives, and no it isn't because they wanted everyone to be super disappointed for 3 weeks until E3![/QUOTE]
They showed off two of them right before that announcement.

Phew, I'm done in the OP. I usually update it at work on my nice dual screen setup. Doing it on one small laptop screen is a pain.

Nice job everyone who picked up the slack today. I added the price drops for some of the Fallout 3 DLC, Brink DLC, and an Injustice DLC that dropped 80 MSP.

It also looks like the Ars System sale is over. I also removed the sales from last week that were expired and added next weeks announced deals on GR:FS and Darkstalkers and Dark Souls.

I tried to order a pizza from the Pizza Hut app for the special occasion and got the tylerh treatment. That loading circle just stayed there forever and there was no way to cancel it to try again, so I ended up just ordering from the website a few minutes later.

After looking at the sales I am thinking about the following games:

1. Bangai-O
2. Matt Hazard BBB
3. Puzzle Quest
4. PQ Galactrix

I have never played any Bangai-O game before, but it does look interesting. I enjoyed Matt Hazard Eat Lead for it's humor, so I am pretty sure I am getting BBB. But I am torn on which, if not both, of the PQ games I would want?

Opinions on Bangai-O and both PQ games would be awesome, thanks.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Anyone else picking up the new Call of Juarez? I liked the first two but the last one was awful, and I really haven't heard any hype over this one.[/QUOTE]

Gamespot gave it an 8 out of 10 in their review. I think the Xbox One reveal has made it a bad day for releasing any games as coverage went elsewhere. I watched the video review and the game actually reminds me a fair bit of Bizarre Creations' The Club, except a first person Western version. It seems like it's a very arcade based shooter that's all about racking up points, headshot, combos and strings. It looks okay. Though from what I get the story is a bit meh which is a shame as it seemed like great characters and great opportunity for a fun Western romp. Still the shooting is supposed to be satisfying and I'm digging the cel-shaded look. It's on my list of things to pick up at 600msp. But in saying that I couldn't get through the first few hours of either Call of Juarez game (like many I'm pretending that Cartel, like Rocky V, did not happen) due to getting motion sickness while playing it. I have a new TV that I won off IGN that is heaps better so maybe it won't be an issue anymore but I will probably demo this game before buying it for that reason.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I tried to order a pizza from the Pizza Hut app for the special occasion and got the tylerh treatment. That loading circle just stayed there forever and there was no way to cancel it to try again, so I ended up just ordering from the website a few minutes later.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if you and TylerH are using it right. Did you scream "Large" at your Kinect really aggressively? Cause if not I don't think Kinect can hear you as without getting too technical here, I'm fairly sure there's a 105 year old man who lives inside the thing.

I really enjoyed Split/Second. It was a fun arcade racer with nice visuals and a cool gameplay concept.

Bummed I payed 600 for Alan Wake American Nightmare and haven't played it yet, but I doubt it will be my last such purchase. Such is the life of CAG.

I'd like to get Disney Universe for my kids, but $10 is the price point I'm looking for.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']After looking at the sales I am thinking about the following games:

1. Bangai-O
2. Matt Hazard BBB
3. Puzzle Quest
4. PQ Galactrix

I have never played any Bangai-O game before, but it does look interesting. I enjoyed Matt Hazard Eat Lead for it's humor, so I am pretty sure I am getting BBB. But I am torn on which, if not both, of the PQ games I would want?

Opinions on Bangai-O and both PQ games would be awesome, thanks.[/QUOTE]
The new Bangai-O is basically a puzzle game in the form of a shooter with the way they've designed the levels. It's good, but I found it repetitive after a while.

The original Puzzle Quest is a classic match-three puzzler that infuses RPG mechanics and story into it to add some depth to the experience. Galactrix was a bit of an arrogant game that did some neat things to change up the type of match-three puzzler that it was, but they messed up by having you hack every single gate that you need to get through to get around the map quickly. PQ2 changes things up again to be more like the first game, but they went for more of a dungeon crawler/loot angle for the RPG aspect of the game. They're all good to great games, but the two sequels have enough quirks and changes that that they're not necessarily what fans of the original may have wanted from sequels to the original game.

I could record some footage of Bangai-O and Galactrix if you want to see them in action.
[quote name='skonson']I'm wondering if you and TylerH are using it right. Did you scream "Large" at your Kinect really aggressively? Cause if not I don't think Kinect can hear you as without getting too technical here, I'm fairly sure there's a 105 year old man who lives inside the thing.[/QUOTE]
I don't have Kinect.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The new Bangai-O is basically a puzzle game in the form of a shooter with the way they've designed the levels. It's good, but I found it repetitive after a while.

The original Puzzle Quest is a classic match-three puzzler that infuses RPG mechanics and story into it to add some depth to the experience. Galactrix was a bit of an arrogant game that did some neat things to change up the type of match-three puzzler that it was, but they messed up by having you hack every single gate that you need to get through to get around the map quickly. PQ2 changes things up again to be more like the first game, but they went for more of a dungeon crawler/loot angle for the RPG aspect of the game. They're all good to great games, but the two sequels have enough quirks and changes that that they're not necessarily what fans of the original may have wanted from sequels to the original game.

I could record some footage of Bangai-O and Galactrix if you want to see them in action.

I don't have Kinect.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm seems Bangai-O isn't for me, I was hoping it was more of an action/shump game like a video I saw was.

I enjoyed the first Puzzle Quest on the PSP, but I am a bigger fan of sci-fi than I am fantasy, so I am unsure what one I would enjoy more...

The original Bangai-O on Dreamcast, and I guess N64 though I haven't played that version, was basically a dual-stick shooter before dual analog sticks became the standard. The two newest basically turned the shooting into more of a means to solve puzzles in the levels.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The original Bangai-O on Dreamcast, and I guess N64 though I haven't played that version, was basically a dual-stick shooter before dual analog sticks became the standard. The two newest basically turned the shooting into more of a means to solve puzzles in the levels.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for that, doesn't seem like I'd enjoy it. What about the two PQ games?

I'd say check out the demos to see if you like what you see and want to keep playing them, as any of the three will get you your money's worth for the price. The original PQ is a bit harder and more prone to feeling like the AI cheats to get the drops it needs at times, while Galactrix's puzzle mechanics are a bit more complex and not as easy to get a grip on right away.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']After looking at the sales I am thinking about the following games:

1. Bangai-O
2. Matt Hazard BBB
3. Puzzle Quest
4. PQ Galactrix

Opinions on Bangai-O and both PQ games would be awesome, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Bangai O is fun in spurts, but its not something I'd want to spend any consecutive length of time in. There's a lot going on at all times, and while fun, its the very opposite of relaxing. If you're looking for a challenge though its got you covered. Its also colorful. :lol:

If you're getting one Puzzle Quest it should be the original hands down. Its universally considered the best iteration. 2 is more of the same with a different art style and a more confined feeling world that loses a lot of the originals charm. Galactrix is considered the least favorable by most as it noticably alters the gameplay mechanics and has a tedious world map with relocking gates.

I got Alan Wake cheap a while back and it came with The Signal. Glad to see The Writer on sale, definitely will get that.

I wonder if the Enslaved: Journey to the West DLC will ever go on sale? I bet if I buy it at regular price it'll go on sale less than a month after that...

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']If you're getting one Puzzle Quest it should be the original hands down. Its universally considered the best iteration. 2 is more of the same with a different art style and a more confined feeling world that loses a lot of the originals charm. Galactrix is considered the least favorable by most as it noticably alters the gameplay mechanics and has a tedious world map with relocking gates.[/QUOTE]

Cainiac speaks the truth. Puzzle Quest 1 is much better than 2, though 2 is decent on its own. The sequel is definitely just padded for length and I wished for it to be over well before the end, something I could never say about the first game.

[quote name='FinderKeeper']I wonder if the Enslaved: Journey to the West DLC will ever go on sale? I bet if I buy it at regular price it'll go on sale less than a month after that...[/QUOTE]

I wonder that every week.

[quote name='HDShadow']I wonder that every week.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it just on sale for the PSN recently, that got my hopes up too. :applause:

I understand people like to ask for other people's opinions on games here, but we are aware there are demos for these games, right?

[quote name='destro4eva']Wasn't it just on sale for the PSN recently, that got my hopes up too. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yep! So the waiting continues for us!

[quote name='sicsonic']I understand people like to ask for other people's opinions on games here, but we are aware there are demos for these games, right?[/QUOTE]
Also it's impossible for people to have a game we all either hate or enjoy all in unison on this site.

So I was really miffed about having bought American Nightmare for 600 points and not having time to play it much yet but getting the original Alan Wake for $2 kinda made up for it. :)

Course I doubt I'll get the dlc since it will cost more than the game...

[quote name='FinderKeeper']I wonder if the Enslaved: Journey to the West DLC will ever go on sale? I bet if I buy it at regular price it'll go on sale less than a month after that...[/QUOTE]
I bought it like a year ago, and it's a very fun DLC, though it doesn't play at all like the original game. It's a spin-off. But for me it was worth full price.

[quote name='destro4eva']Wasn't it just on sale for the PSN recently, that got my hopes up too. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I think it was a price drop and not a sale, so hopefully the Xbox version will follow soon.

Anyone else having a problem downloading the new call of Juarez? My download has been hanging at 0% for 20 minutes.

Edit- ok it looks like its downloading now, it's very slow though.

I adjusted the price of Puzzle Quest II in the wiki to the proper current price of 600 points. That is what I'm showing on Xbox.com right now. Did anyone see and buy it at 400 points earlier this week? I wonder if they made a pricing mistake.....too bad, cause I would have jumped at 400, but I'm on the fence at 600.

[quote name='sicsonic']I understand people like to ask for other people's opinions on games here, but we are aware there are demos for these games, right?[/QUOTE]
Not all demos really show off the full games well, especially if its issues arrive later through tediousness or balance issues.

[quote name='HDShadow']I wonder that every week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I think it was a price drop and not a sale, so hopefully the Xbox version will follow soon.[/QUOTE]

It was definitely a permanent price drop on PSN. It's $5 on the PS Store right now. I'd think that price drop should be coming to XBL soon, so I'd recommend everyone wait it out.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I adjusted the price of Puzzle Quest II in the wiki to the proper current price of 600 points. That is what I'm showing on Xbox.com right now. Did anyone see and buy it at 400 points earlier this week? I wonder if they made a pricing mistake.....too bad, cause I would have jumped at 400, but I'm on the fence at 600.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was definitely 400 MSP at one point. It got a price drop to 800 in April 2011, so 50% off would have been 400 MSP. For some reason they've now raised the normal price back to 1200, making 600 MSP be the 50% off price.

Weird.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I adjusted the price of Puzzle Quest II in the wiki to the proper current price of 600 points. That is what I'm showing on Xbox.com right now. Did anyone see and buy it at 400 points earlier this week? I wonder if they made a pricing mistake.....too bad, cause I would have jumped at 400, but I'm on the fence at 600.[/QUOTE]
I bought it yesterday for 400msp. Like you, I wouldn't have bought it for 600msp.

[quote name='harry hood']can anyone recommend or trash the shit out of pid for me? thanks

in for alan wake american nightmare no matter what anyone says though[/QUOTE]
bump?

Pid is worth 5 bucks. It can be difficult at times because you are very powerless. You don't jump on enemies to kill them, a lot of times avoiding them is the easiest thing to do. A lot of people had a lot of problems with the bosses as well, I've only beat the first 2 but I didn't think either of them were that hard.

It's also a pretty long game. My guess is it will easily take me 8+ hours to complete it.

I have Alan Wake CE and I know it comes with the first DLC. That would be the "Signal" right? Trying to figure if it's the "Writer" that I need to pick up.

[quote name='ooga']I have Alan Wake CE and I know it comes with the first DLC. That would be the "Signal" right? Trying to figure if it's the "Writer" that I need to pick up.[/QUOTE]
Yep the writer is the one you're missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back