XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uhnsk']So call them or chat with someone on Xbox.com. That's what everyone else on here did to get the problem fixed, including me.[/QUOTE]

I chatted with them and called them during the sale. All they did was force the coupon on my account for $4.99 MSP for 1200 only once. After that they unlocked my account and no code after that would work. I tried every internet browser and code with no luck. I felt so unlucky as I have probably bought way more than the average customer off Xboxlive but whatever. Everyone else who could give a shit bought tons of codes, but me I was screwed over. Shit happens. All I want is my ME3 DLC and Ill be satisfied.

So guys, I have 8 orders for the 1200/$4.99 MSP in place but I have only received 1 order and the other 7 are only registered in my bank account. Should I call them now and bitch them out for this? I doubt I will ever receive the excess MSP they ALREADY charged me for. But I called them when I was sober and they redirected me to three different departments. All I want is a refund, really. I don't care if they fulfill the orders later, but right now they have taken this money from me in exchange for products they seem to not want to give me in return. This is simply unacceptable.

tl;dr - I have 7 Paypal unfulfilled MSP orders, but I have been charged for all of them. What's my best course of action?

[quote name='Blade']So guys, I have 8 orders for the 1200/$4.99 MSP in place but I have only received 1 order and the other 7 are only registered in my bank account. Should I call them now and bitch them out for this? I doubt I will ever receive the excess MSP they ALREADY charged me for. But I called them when I was sober and they redirected me to three different departments. All I want is a refund, really. I don't care if they fulfill the orders later, but right now they have taken this money from me in exchange for products they seem to not want to give me in return. This is simply unacceptable.

tl;dr - I have 7 Paypal unfulfilled MSP orders, but I have been charged for all of them. What's my best course of action?[/QUOTE]

There's a massive thread going on in the deal graveyard. Looks like everyone is getting their codes now.

[quote name='Blade']So guys, I have 8 orders for the 1200/$4.99 MSP in place but I have only received 1 order and the other 7 are only registered in my bank account. Should I call them now and bitch them out for this? I doubt I will ever receive the excess MSP they ALREADY charged me for. But I called them when I was sober and they redirected me to three different departments. All I want is a refund, really. I don't care if they fulfill the orders later, but right now they have taken this money from me in exchange for products they seem to not want to give me in return. This is simply unacceptable.

tl;dr - I have 7 Paypal unfulfilled MSP orders, but I have been charged for all of them. What's my best course of action?[/QUOTE]

You'll get all of them very soon. I know it sucks waiting so long but I bet you'll have them in the next day or so. I spoke to someone on the phone today from customer service and they told me they are working on getting everyone their codes. A few hours later myself and many others are getting them.

[quote name='hotpocket']I did the same thing.

It's a blast to play with friends.[/QUOTE]

Same. Plus limited time special Star head right now for 10th anniversary.

Situation: Building a killer PC in the next few months or sooner. Wondering if getting Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition or just getting this weeks deal now. I do have a little backlog right now.

Is the PC version better to wait to get or is the console just as good or better?

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Situation: Building a killer PC in the next few months or sooner. Wondering if getting Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition or just getting this weeks deal now. I do have a little backlog right now.

Is the PC version better to wait to get or is the console just as good or better?[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, they did a piss poor job porting it to pc. I dont think they updated the graphics or anything. Read a few online reviews of the pc version though and don't go by me.

[quote name='Cleaner7']A new special head is available in BBT. Complete Furbottom in either solo or co-op and get a lava lamp head. The solo and co-op maps are different too. I completed them both earlier and am enjoying my head.[/QUOTE]

Sorry in advance to those of you who don't want junior high flashbacks, but I couldn't read this without giggling a little.

I'm still missing half my el cheapo 1200 MSP codes but haven't contacted support. Maybe today will be my lucky day... ? I want moar sale games, but BBT and Blood Dragon are both tempting.

I received 3 of the 6 1200 point codes I ordered last Saturday this morning so that leaves me with only 3 outstanding. Like others, the ones I ordered on the other days went through flawlessly. Already bought Darkstalkers and debating on the Dark Souls DLC. Hoping next week's line-up is good as well.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Situation: Building a killer PC in the next few months or sooner. Wondering if getting Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition or just getting this weeks deal now. I do have a little backlog right now.

Is the PC version better to wait to get or is the console just as good or better?[/QUOTE]
IIRC the PC port is locked in at a low resolution and capped at 30 FPS, though the PC version does a better job maintaining a consistent framerate. You can get some user-made mods that allow you to work around the resolution & framerate restrictions.

[quote name='hearsaybear']Honestly, I'd wait for a sale at brick and mortar. I know it was in the most recent amazon gold box so it's only a matter of time before you find it for 20-30 for the disc itself.

I picked it up super cheap at walmart on black friday and absolutely loved it, if I were you I'd just watch the store sales threads.[/QUOTE]
well, it'd only cost me like $13 with my 66% off points so going disc isn't really what i wanna do, since it's the kinda game i'd play often without a disc, but not having it on the hd id probably play it a lot less. i am gonna bite and get it, just gonna wait until i'm bored of my current games as i doubt i'd play it at the moment considering im just about 12 hours into dark souls which is consuming my...soul. and we've all learned not to buy games at full price if you aren't going to play them right away ;)

im at blighttown in DS. blighttown sucks. but i just got to the point where i can backtrack, and slay most of the large guys that i just ran away and avoided before. feels goodman. but falling off rafters in blighttown, not so much.

this game is great, but no way am i gonna buy the dlc. it's so long as it is, and if i ever do actually complete it going to newgame+ or starting a new character will prob be just as satisfying as a couple extra levels.

I finally got the remainder of my codes as well. Weird thing was it did 1 right before I went to bed, and then the remaining 5 was in my email when I woke up. Already picked up dark souls and the expansion, how is the port of Darkstalkers?

The Darkstalkers games are literally straight ports of the arcade versions, so none of the extras from the Saturn/DC/Playstation2 or 1 ports. If that doesn't bother you, then prepare for super awesome, agresssive 2D with some of the best netcode in a fighting game.

Slightly off-topic, but to anyone that bought Dark Souls, don't quit to dashboard to get out of the game. I did it and it corrupted my save or something. The game kept freezing when I tried to load. I redownloaded my profile and the game, and deleted the cache and it didn't work. Deleted my save and started a new game and is fine now. Not that big of a deal since I was only an hour in, but I just wanted to warn people.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The Darkstalkers games are literally straight ports of the arcade versions, so none of the extras from the Saturn/DC/Playstation2 or 1 ports. If that doesn't bother you, then prepare for super awesome, agresssive 2D with some of the best netcode in a fighting game.[/QUOTE]

I do wish that Capcom ports over the PSP versions of Darkstalkers: The Chaos Tower and Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. Those were the best version of each franchise.

Then again, I'm waiting for them to bring over X-Men/Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

[quote name='vlv723']
Then again, I'm waiting for them to bring over X-Men/Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter[/QUOTE]

Apparently Xmen Vs Streetfighter won't happen because of the Xmen licence.

Apparently one of my original orders to Microsoftstore.com for 1200 MSP did indeed go through, only it didn't.... I was charged via paypal 6 days ago without noticing, I just noticed the other day, I live chatted with someone that said the issue was on paypal's end. I'm live chatting someone right now (a microsoftstore employee) telling me to file a dispute against Microsoft Corporation and get my money back... So the one order I did have "successfully" go through, still didn't successfully go through, lol.

She's actually telling me now because I'm trying to argue that I used a coupon and would rather just have the order I already paid for, she's arguing that there was no order and that I never placed an order on May 25th, even though I was charged by Microsoft Corporation via paypal on that date.... ugh

[quote name='jasonkhowell']I finally got the remainder of my codes as well. Weird thing was it did 1 right before I went to bed, and then the remaining 5 was in my email when I woke up. Already picked up dark souls and the expansion, how is the port of Darkstalkers?[/QUOTE]

What's the best number to call to follow up on 1200 msp orders.

I called 877 696 7786. (option 2 i think, for orders) they wont be of much help though. according to them, the codes were on back-order. The microsoft store just sells the point codes, they don't generate them, themselves.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']alright so maybe this has been answered already, but has it been confirmed that Alan Wake is a permanent price drop?[/QUOTE]

Hi there, it isnt. I will be back at full price tuesday when the new DoTw is.

[quote name='Stephan123']Hi there, it isnt. I will be back at full price tuesday when the new DoTw is.[/QUOTE]

You know Alan Wake was last weeks deal, right?

The PC version + the community patches is the way to go. You'll get pretty crisp 1080P graphics and silky smooth 60 FPS on an average PC. No more unacceptable frame rate drops in Blighttown or New Londo Ruins. Only reason not to play on PC is the risk that you might run into cheaters invading your world. You'll need a 360 controller to play it properly though.

Didn't know where to really post this, but I JUST got my other 2 MSP codes from Microsoft that were in limbo for 7 days.

[quote name='Tallkido']is ghost recon future soldier worth picking up for coop/online its only 1200 mps[/QUOTE]

Pretty awesome campaign, multiplayer is fun if they've fixed the connection issues, and not sure what the community is like anymore.

[quote name='Rirse']When does Major Nelson post the blog post listing all new releases for next week and beyond?[/QUOTE]

Usually the Monday before they start. So probably the 3rd.

Is there anyway to get a refund on purchasing something that you already own when they make free content now paid for?

I just turned on Gears of War: Judgment and was told there was content for me to download. I clicked A to get the download prompt and hit download. Somewhat suspicious, I noticed it was for the Dreadnought DLC, which was free for the last month. Epic announced they'd be charging for it after May (to make money off of this horrible game), but I had already downloaded it.

Their Season Pass is not setup properly, and so the first free DLC had to be downloaded twice by people; once from the marketplace and again from within the game, because of their own mess up. Now it's happened again, and I've been charged for content that I already have.

I looked on the Microsoft site, but all I'm seeing is phone support (which I don't want to deal with). Is there an e-mail address to contact them to get my money back?

EDIT:
For those who also play this game, you'll probably get a similar prompt. This DLC was actually briefly removed from the marketplace while it was renamed. It was called the Dreadnought DLC Pack, or something like that, and is now called the Dreadnought DLC. Because of this name change, the game is considering it new content. Please do not "re-buy" it. It's an error on their side, and is something that you already have if you downloaded Dreadnought when it was free.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Same thing happened to me last night. It didn't charge me though-- I guess because it was still May.[/QUOTE]
I knew I should have played last night.

Though I also didn't expect the content to become paid so soon.

[quote name='TaylorM06']Pretty awesome campaign, multiplayer is fun if they've fixed the connection issues, and not sure what the community is like anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yep I heard its fun,any1 know how active online is?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Is there anyway to get a refund on purchasing something that you already own when they make free content now paid for?

.[/QUOTE]
nope, why would you blindly just buy something without reading?

[quote name='GUNNM']nope, why would you blindly just buy something without reading?[/QUOTE]

Oh, hey.

I asked you a question over at our place.

[quote name='GUNNM']nope, why would you blindly just buy something without reading?[/QUOTE]
I didn't just blindly buy it. It was the free map that was free, and now is paid for. I was charged for it when, like Ryuukishi and people on the Epic forums have already noted, the prompt came up, telling you to redownload it.

It's just gone paid today.

Why do you blindly reply to posts without reading?

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I didn't just blindly buy it. It was the free map that was free, and now is paid for. I was charged for it when, like Ryuukishi and people on the Epic forums have already noted, the prompt came up, telling you to redownload it.

It's just gone paid today.

Why do you blindly reply to posts without reading?[/QUOTE]
When you purchase an item through the MS marketplace, before accepting, there is a text where you can read clearly that there are no refunds for that item (that you are buying, even for free). So that's it.

[quote name='Bercelak']better to wait![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Althax']From what I remember, they did a piss poor job porting it to pc. I dont think they updated the graphics or anything. Read a few online reviews of the pc version though and don't go by me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kia-Tiaph']The PC version + the community patches is the way to go. You'll get pretty crisp 1080P graphics and silky smooth 60 FPS on an average PC. No more unacceptable frame rate drops in Blighttown or New Londo Ruins. Only reason not to play on PC is the risk that you might run into cheaters invading your world. You'll need a 360 controller to play it properly though.[/QUOTE]

I can't make up my mind. Either way I'll be using a controller for sure.

I thought about getting dark souls since I have so many MSP and selling my physical copy to get a little back to pay for all those points I got.

[quote name='plus1zero']I thought about getting dark souls since I have so many MSP and selling my physical copy to get a little back to pay for all those points I got.[/QUOTE]

I'm selling my physical copy to get the digital one. I have 2 xboxs and can essentially have "2" copies. One for myself and one for my brother. You can also trade in the physical copy at GS for $7 and up to possibly $12 there with the 7/$35 deal.

[quote name='Stephan123']Hi there, it isnt. I will be back at full price tuesday when the new DoTw is.[/QUOTE]

Well I traded in my physical copy tonight anyway for effectively $10.50, and got the digital copy. For some reason I am always feeling compelled to give it another go, and having it on my HDD makes me a lot more likely to. Also got Bioshock Infinite finally, not that it is at all related, and haven't been this excited about actually PLAYING a game I bought in ages:bouncy:

FINALLY got all my points for the MS mess. Decided to go with Fez/BattleBlock Theater/CastleStorm after reading all the positive comments on here. Any other recommendations for some games. I've been fairly inactive on the XBLA games lately as I've tried to catch up on some of my backlog.

[quote name='FrankySox']FINALLY got all my points for the MS mess. Decided to go with Fez/BattleBlock Theater/CastleStorm after reading all the positive comments on here. Any other recommendations for some games. I've been fairly inactive on the XBLA games lately as I've tried to catch up on some of my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Blood Dragon ;)

[quote name='gotdott']Blood Dragon ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah crap, forgot to mention that was the first game I bought with the points, but yeah it was pretty awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back