XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']The DLC is pretty good. I'd definitely recommend both of them for $5 if you like the game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They are really fun. Dead Kel was better for me personally but I enjoyed them both as well as the standard game.

Just got a message on my XBL account that I got a free month of Gold for the whole Cloud debacle. Funny thing is I didn't even know I was effected and just use it as a means to store random save files of games I enjoyed, but will probably not revisit. Also my saves are still on there looking fine and dandy.

ok so far that's:

sicsonic
Blade3D
Ciffy
bajingo

Chrono Gear
Brock F'n Sampson
JStryke
Inf^Shini

FNL 4EVA

i'm thinking i'd set different dates/times and let people from the list choose which group, hopefully it will work out and we'll get 4 people in each group at dates/times that work.

for those that don't know what i'm talking about, this is a list for people that would be up for CAG Scott Pilgrim online game/s when the add-on comes out this week.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I'm hoping that was a typo for your sake, but doubt it lol 3 digit backlog?! Holy smokes! I keep mine around 6-7 and freak out when it hits 10...I can't imagine having a backlog that huge.[/QUOTE]

I just KNEW this guy had to be a relatively fresh-face here on CAG, LOL.

My contribution to the actual backlog talk is that, of the games I hope to someday "play until its dead to me" I'm looking at somewhere around 50--give or take a dozen--and that's physical, current-gen only; when I think of my backlog, this is the brunt of what I consider to count. I probably have at least two dozen or so XBL/PSN/Indie titles that I consider "hoping to finish", but I rarely consider any of these for my official count. And I don't count any older gen games since we have no room in the current apartment to setup any of the old systems, otherwise I could possibly see my backlog just-barely hitting the triple digits.

From the people that have chimed-in so far, I feel somewhere in the middle, almost bordering on hoarding but not as bad as some. That's a pretty good feeling to walk away from this with I think. :cool:

Ugh, even with this sale, the SFxT DLC ends up costing $42, and that's not including any of the gems.. Just don't think it's in the budget this week since I have to buy my books for this semester. Do you think they'll put these DLCs on sale again? (Seeing as they've never put SFIV DLC on sale and the MvC3 stuff has only been on sale once, I'm guessing that's a no) I know Capcom isn't allowed to release another version of this game so a Super Street Fighter x Tekken is out of the question, I think.

That plus the outrage over the whole "everything's on the disk anyways" fiasco (as well as the ridiculous amount of money-milking DLC from this game) might be enough to drive me to pass and/or use less scrupulous methods.

Also, sign me up for that Scott Pilgrim Online Session, I have all of the other 15 achievements and all my characters (including Knives) at max stats/level/techniquest so I gotta do the same with Wallace.

Just a heads up to the american audience....Dragon Age 2 can indeed be purchased through the hungarian account for 400 points if you are in america.

Soooo.... Scott pilgrim Dlc WILL cost 400 points? Lame

http://www.trueachievements.com/n12142/scott-pilgrim-dlc-trailer-featuring-wallace-wells.htm

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Ugh, even with this sale, the SFxT DLC ends up costing $42, and that's not including any of the gems.. Just don't think it's in the budget this week since I have to buy my books for this semester. Do you think they'll put these DLCs on sale again? (Seeing as they've never put SFIV DLC on sale and the MvC3 stuff has only been on sale once, I'm guessing that's a no) I know Capcom isn't allowed to release another version of this game so a Super Street Fighter x Tekken is out of the question, I think.

That plus the outrage over the whole "everything's on the disk anyways" fiasco (as well as the ridiculous amount of money-milking DLC from this game) might be enough to drive me to pass and/or use less scrupulous methods.

Also, sign me up for that Scott Pilgrim Online Session, I have all of the other 15 achievements and all my characters (including Knives) at max stats/level/techniquest so I gotta do the same with Wallace.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say no for 360 as Capcom rarely discounts anything but the downloadable fighters on 360. Discounts are more frequent for their fighting game costumes on PSN.

[quote name='brkptr']Has anyone played the KoA DLC that can recommend it one way or another? I'm playing that game now and pretty close to the end (85 hours in). It's been a fun game but I'm getting really burned out on fetch quests at this point and I'm looking forward to moving on to something else. But if the DLC isn't too long then it'd be nice to have played the complete version of the game. I don't know how long the DLC will still be available or if it will ever go on sale again so I feel like this is the time to get it or not. Then again, I only paid like $12 for the game itself so dropping another $10 for just the DLC doesn't seem super worth it unless its fun.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I grabbed both DLCs without ever playing the game because I've heard good things...$12 is a steal on the game! After buying the DLC, I've been looking around and can't seem to find it for lower than $25 (and that's used), 5 over my buying price. At least I can sit and wait because i have the DLC now...I really expected this to be around the $20-30 range by now for a new copy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The DLC is pretty good. I'd definitely recommend both of them for $5 if you like the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Agreed. They are really fun. Dead Kel was better for me personally but I enjoyed them both as well as the standard game.[/QUOTE]

Just beware on Dead Kel that once you start it, you can't leave the island it takes place on until you beat the DLC main campaign as you're stranded on the island.

I guess that takes me out of it too. $5 is as much as I paid for the base game. I bit too pricey for me, especially given that the SP stuff seems to go on sale frequently enough I think I can get this on the cheap within the year.

On the subject of backlogs: I am truly confident that I will pass away before I even bother trying every game I own, given that I've piled on deal after deal since this site cursed my existence in 2004. :lol: Though the game spending has slowed down over the last 12-15 months, to the potential dismay of whoever inherits my mess.

I was holding out hope the MM9/10 discounts would either be "corrected" or bitched about enough to force another cut; looks like I'm SOL.

[quote name='Sanges99']I just KNEW this guy had to be a relatively fresh-face here on CAG, LOL.

My contribution to the actual backlog talk is that, of the games I hope to someday "play until its dead to me" I'm looking at somewhere around 50--give or take a dozen--and that's physical, current-gen only; when I think of my backlog, this is the brunt of what I consider to count. I probably have at least two dozen or so XBL/PSN/Indie titles that I consider "hoping to finish", but I rarely consider any of these for my official count. And I don't count any older gen games since we have no room in the current apartment to setup any of the old systems, otherwise I could possibly see my backlog just-barely hitting the triple digits.

From the people that have chimed-in so far, I feel somewhere in the middle, almost bordering on hoarding but not as bad as some. That's a pretty good feeling to walk away from this with I think. :cool:[/QUOTE]

i would say more than 10 in the backlog is hoarding, unless you were given a lot of games for christmas

Xbox live reward for February is confirmed as what was said before

"Earn 200 in February, get 200 Microsoft Points when you rent or buy five HD Movies, seven HD TV Shows, or one TV Season Pass on Xbox Video!"

No more waiting for a good reward, guess its time to get me a thong of virtue.

On a side note, is ReddJoey OK? Just saw that it said remember him on the main post?

[quote name='the Gooseler']
On a side note, is ReddJoey OK? Just saw that it said remember him on the main post?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the full details, but supposedly he was visiting a local zoo, a gorilla escaped and just started going ape shit on everything. Caught up in the incident, Joey got in the gorilla's way and practically got mauled. It was pretty gruesome.

Not really. He just passed the torch since school and work have taken over his time.

[quote name='the Gooseler']Xbox live reward for February is confirmed as what was said before

"Earn 200 in February, get 200 Microsoft Points when you rent or buy five HD Movies, seven HD TV Shows, or one TV Season Pass on Xbox Video!"

No more waiting for a good reward, guess its time to get me a thong of virtue.

On a side note, is ReddJoey OK? Just saw that it said remember him on the main post?[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I just got a tv season pass last week. Oh well.

[quote name='JStryke']I don't remember the full details, but supposedly he was visiting a local zoo, a gorilla escaped and just started going ape shit on everything. Caught up in the incident, Joey got in the gorilla's way and practically got mauled. It was pretty gruesome.

Not really. He just passed the torch since school and work have taken over his time.
[/QUOTE]
A reenactment of the events that unfolded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5MNaXBYo2g

So I bought Shank and after hearing all these great things about it I was really excited to play it, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed with it. It's not a bad game. It's just pretty repetitive, the enemys and combat never really change throughout the entire game, and the game itself is very short (easily beat it in 2.5 hours). Definitely wish I would have put the 400msp towards Deathspank instead.

So I think it's safe to say that new 400 price of the SP DLC will most likely kill our chances of having some CAG online matches. :p

[quote name='JStryke']I don't remember the full details, but supposedly he was visiting a local zoo, a gorilla escaped and just started going ape shit on everything. Caught up in the incident, Joey got in the gorilla's way and practically got mauled. It was pretty gruesome.
[/QUOTE]
Ah. I had heard that he jumped in front of a bullet to save Major Nelson from a crazed PS3 fanboy assassin.

inlineoffire.jpg

How often does Shank and Deathspank go on sale? My points are limited at the moment and I don't want to kick myself for spending them too early if something better ( or an Xbox exclusive) is coming soon.

[quote name='Barry Burton']over 200? how does this happen?

why do you keep buying games when you haven't played the ones you own?[/QUOTE]

Mental illness! Also, when did my wife join CAG? :D

My gaming appetite is bigger than my gaming stomach. Between keeping up with gaming news and this site, I will eventually get any game I think I would enjoy once it gets cheap enough, regardless of the backlog problem. I am under the delusion that I'll have time to play these some day. Despite being in the office for ~50 hours a week. And despite having a wife, 18 month old son and 2 cats that all crave my attention (and get it before I play video games). And despite being a homeowner with all the problems and projects that entails ('homo' for short).

It doesn't help that the games I do get around to playing tend to be timesinks. I've put over 200 hours into the Mass Effect series. I've prioritized multi-player games too. I try to get to those while they still have active communities.

Disappointed in 400 pts for Scott Pilgrim online, considering I don't know if any of my friends will pay for that and/or keep playing.

I tried the demo for Shank when it first came out and was underwhelmed. I'm pleased to hear the Shank 2 is a big improvement, and I'll try both demos again now that they're only 400 pts.

Besides, Klei did such an amazing job with Mark of the Ninja, I wouldn't mind throwing them more money.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I just got kind of a weird acceptance into the Battleblock Theater beta. Says I can invite up to 2 friends to also join in with me in the beta. My guess is that this is just to try and increase the amount of people they get in the beta, since registrations for it are still open. Anyone else get something like this?[/QUOTE]

I got the email too. My 2nd friend registered today so I need to send off the email with their info to Behemoth to get them in.

On the subject of backlogs mine is definitely in the triple digits. My Steam account alone has over 200 games and I haven't touched most of them. Since it's digital I try not to count it against me or my XBLA (about 230) or PSN (less than 20) collections. I've actually been avoiding Steam for the most part because of that. I usually buy older games on there though.

I've got a bookshelf full of 360 games. I've played a good deal of them and own a bunch of franchises like Rock Band, Guitar Hero (won a bunch on Twitter), Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc.

I don't plan on joining the next generation of consoles for a few years if possible so that's how I'm planning on mopping up these games. All this talk convinced me to pass on KoA lol. I remember I don't want to dedicate another 100+ hours on a new RPG that will never get a sequel.

After hitting 100K GS last month I decided to work on the backlog. Right now I'm playing Dead Island GOTY editions and Top Spin 2 haha. The only new game I plan on buying this year so far is Bioshock Infinite. Most other new games I can wait to hit < $20 later. I think part of the problem is this is the first console cycle I've followed since the beginning and had money to buy games for. For perspective I usually keep all my money for bills/food and the rest is for savings/games/movies/books/entertainment. If I go out it's usually for dinner and a movie occasionally. I don't have children and don't really waste money beyond home entertainment. Basically, I work and game or watch movies. I'm not a TV show addict like the average person so I have time to play.

I know the name of the website but c'mon. It's only $5. If the dlc were to go on sale a couple of months down the road it will most likely cost 240 or $3. Is a $2 savings that big of a deal for this game. I can understand if you have other games to play, but if you really enjoyed this one why not get it day 1, I know I will. Between Dead Space 3, the new black ops 2 zombie map, and this I'll be busy playing those 3 things next week.

Firstly, Bah- what kind of sale is that for Mega Man? It's cheaper on PS3 ;_; Oh wellz...

Secondly, really tempted to get the Dragon Age 2 DLC. It's been in my backlog for a while and I'm kinda in the mood for it. Is it worth spending 15 bucks since I only paid like 9 for the actual game? @_@

[quote name='Tonious']Firstly, Bah- what kind of sale is that for Mega Man? It's cheaper on PS3 ;_; Oh wellz...

Secondly, really tempted to get the Dragon Age 2 DLC. It's been in my backlog for a while and I'm kinda in the mood for it. Is it worth spending 15 bucks since I only paid like 9 for the actual game? @_@[/QUOTE]

Legacy & Mark were better than most of the quests in the game so I would say yes. Just be at least in Chapter 2 before you start them though.

[quote name='Cleaner7']

I've got a bookshelf full of 360 games. I've played a good deal of them and own a bunch of franchises like Rock Band, Guitar Hero (won a bunch on Twitter), Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, etc.

I don't plan on joining the next generation of consoles for a few years if possible so that's how I'm planning on mopping up these games.

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same you do. See "no reason" to buy a PS4 or Xbox720 (or whatever the hell they decide to call it :lol::lol:) when I have 100 or more games I've yet to play. I bought a Wii also (yes I admit it) when it dropped in price, and have hardly touched it, so there's even more games to play if and when I get around to them. I'll wait 2-3 years or more to buy both consoles (or whichever one seems to be "winning the war" if I choose only one). Also, shy of the game companies stopping making PS3 and Xbox 360 titles (which won't happen for at least a few years), I can live with those versions of titles.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Legacy & Mark were better than most of the quests in the game so I would say yes. Just be at least in Chapter 2 before you start them though.[/QUOTE]

What's Legacy like?

[quote name='biledriver']What's Legacy like?[/QUOTE]

Legacy is a completely new outdoor/indoor/underground area where you discover why a group of Carta dwarves has been out for you & your family's blood, literally.

The events of the past that started this go back to what your father did for the Grey Wardens just before your birth. Contains new weapons and even a secret boss.

Is there a point where I should play Legacy? Sounds like something I would want to do with my sibling and since I recently started a new game, should I go into it in the first act?

Same question for Mark of the Assassin.

[quote name='Indignate']Is there a point where I should play Legacy? Sounds like something I would want to do with my sibling and since I recently started a new game, should I go into it in the first act?

Same question for Mark of the Assassin.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that you need to be a pretty high level to play Legacy.

[quote name='Indignate']Is there a point where I should play Legacy? Sounds like something I would want to do with my sibling and since I recently started a new game, should I go into it in the first act?

Completely off-topic: Dude, can I ask what is with the gifs of this chick in your sig? Girlfriend? Webcam "celebrity" vlogger? Stalking victim? Just curious here.

I would say no earlier than Chapter 2 and quite possibly Chapter 3 for Legacy, especially if you want to do all the optional stuff. Mark could be done easier in Chapter 2, but there are 2 optional boss fights that could be very hard for lower level players.

Also I think once you start the DLC's, you are limited in how you can get back to Kirkwall. I think it's only at certain points you can "warp" back; they're designed to be played until you complete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back