XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']I dunno ... isn't there an xbldb link for it in the OP? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Has xbldb really been around since the start of DoTW, which I want to say was like 2007ish?

[quote name='sicsonic']Has xbldb really been around since the start of DoTW, which I want to say was like 2007ish?[/QUOTE]
Or don't you mean has it been around since "Matt Hazard" crashed onto XBLA? :D

I'm in your OP, updating the S&S+ section. All done.

[quote name='Cornelius']Or don't you mean has it been around since "Matt Hazard" crashed onto XBLA? :D
[/QUOTE]

No, I'm just generally curious. Because there's some people on this board that act like, "well if it doesn't show up on xbldb as never being a DotW then it never has been." even though I'm fairly certain that xbldb came late after xbla DotW was created.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I'm telling you now. Avoid it.

There is nothing redeeming about it.[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned it earlier that Hydrophobia plays like a lost Dreamcast game. I find that a very apt description. It has a lot of flaws but it also tries things you won't see in many other games - how many games let you drown people? There's also a unique Horde mode where your character is given the power to manipulate water, which allows you to blast tsunamis at your assailants or lift up cargo containers to crush them or serve as cover.

For $2 - even less if you got in on the numerous recent Target, Kmart, Gamestop and$Best$Buy sales on Microsoft Points cards - it is difficult to not get any value out of the game; if you enjoyed a last-gen game called Headhunter, you'll enjoy Hydrophobia quite a bit.

[quote name='sicsonic']No, I'm just generally curious. Because there's some people on this board that act like, "well if it doesn't show up on xbldb as never being a DotW then it never has been." even though I'm fairly certain that xbldb came late after xbla DotW was created.[/QUOTE]
Spylon also utilized Major Nelson's blog history to see what's been previously on sale. ;)

All done in the OP ... have at it!

[quote name='Cornelius']Spylon also utilized Major Nelson's blog history to see what's been previously on sale. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so likely there has been a few sales that have been missed.

[quote name='Crono-00']Woo! Dreamcast love! Well, from someone else I know they said that practically nowhere in their area of Japan carries anything for the Xbox 360 in stock and the main recourse for the 360 are online retailers like amazon.co.jp. Also more and more multi-console releases (in the USA) developed in Japan are not multi-console in Japan, like Metal Gear Rising: Revengence is PS3 only for your region; probably when Persona 4 Arena couldn't break 10,000 unit sales in its first week for the 360, Japanese publishers are probably losing money producing games on the 360. Given the age of the game and an actual sequel, Earth Defense Force 4, is due out sometime this year, I think getting the game new in your region could be a bit of a challenge. Even the dashboard for my Japanese Live account is refreshingly empty and barebones, all this bleakness indicates it may be best to get what you can at this time for the 360.

EDIT: according to playasia, the US release of the game is actually an uncommonly US release region locked from Japanese systems, so if you have a Japanese 360, the Games on Demand Earth Defense Force 2017 will likely not work for you.

EDIT2: If you have a Japanese Xbox 360, the price for Games on Demand Earth Defense Forces 3 is cheaper at 840MSP! Of course the original disc game was region locked to Japan, so if you have a non-Japanese Xbox 360 it would likely not work.

In my area of the USA, they are only recently opening up some Walmart stores, but I am sure none will just have that in stock. I am willing to pay double that for a new copy on disc! So if anyone can, message me and I'll get my paypal fired up ^^.
[/QUOTE]

First of all, thanks for the heads up on Virtual-On. Love the franchise and I guess I'll have to drop some Bing Reward creds to pick it up through my japanese account.

Secondly, Gamestop has Earth Defense Force 2017 used for $14.99 available to ship from the website if there are none in your area. You're like me and you prefer to buy new, but given its obscurity this may be the only reasonably priced alternative.

[quote name='sicsonic']Has xbldb really been around since the start of DoTW, which I want to say was like 2007ish?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sicsonic']Hmm, so likely there has been a few sales that have been missed.[/QUOTE]

I'd say over 99% of all the content that has ever dropped in price is recorded on xbldb. But yes, there are inevitably a few price drops that were probably overlooked. I'm not exactly sure when Spylon got his site up and running, but I'd say anything from 2010 or newer, xbldb should provide 100% accuracy. Spylon's site was definitely running before June 2010, but at that time I think it was only picking up Gold-only sales. So it may have also missed a couple of small, open-for-everybody sales around that time. But I know Spylon has gone back into his database and updated it with info from some of those sales as well.

As for DotW, it started in Feb. 2009 after there were some Holiday and Black Friday sales in 2008. If there were price drops before this time, I'd say that they probably aren't documented anywhere.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I have to jump on Hydrophobia. Last weeks DA2 and KoA DLC sales left me with 1060 MSP and it bothers me when it doesn't end in 00. For 160 MSP, though you can't go wrong, right?...Even if I'm buying in the blind? No demos, videos, or reviews.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a big "gyp" involved with Hydrophobia that the XBL version was the only gimped one without the true ending chapter(s) over the PSN and PC versions? I'm kind of fresh on the PS3 bus (Xbots4Lyfe! -- er something) so I wasn't paying much attention to the details at the time it was discussed a while back.

In other realms, since there's a few Sleeping Dogs fans on this thread, I was scoping out G4TV.com--surprised they still post new articles--catching up on game news and spotted this posted a few days ago:

Square Enix has a treat for Sleeping Dogs fans, in the form of more DLC. It's not just *a* treat either. It's a *lot* of treats, to the tune of five content drops to be parceled out over the first three months of 2013. January's already behind us, so that leaves a two month window for this stuff to arrive in.

Some of this stuff is out already. Specifically, the Movie Masters Pack, which was released earlier this week on January 29, 2013. That pack, along with several of the others, add nothing more than new costumes to the game. There are two proper content expansions however, that both add new missions and other content to Wei Shen's world.

Check out the details for all five of these content packs.... [link]

[quote name='Sanges99']Wasn't there a big "gyp" involved with Hydrophobia that the XBL version was the only gimped one without the true ending chapter(s) over the PSN and PC versions? I'm kind of fresh on the PS3 bus (Xbots4Lyfe! -- er something) so I wasn't paying much attention to the details at the time it was discussed a while back.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PC/PS3 got the "Prophecy" version with a lot of gameplay improvements and even a final boss. I bought the original XBLA version and then played Prophecy for free on PS+. Still worth it at 160 MSP.

Wow, how often does a game get _relisted_ like Yar's Revenge?

EDIT: Also, I jumped on the ghostbusters jumpsuit. It's missing a nametag and just a bit different in some ways to the movie, but it does come with a non-functional proton pack.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']Wow, how often does a game get _relisted_ like Yar's Revenge?

EDIT: Also, I jumped on the ghostbusters jumpsuit. It's missing a nametag and just a bit different in some ways to the movie, but it does come with a non-functional proton pack.[/QUOTE]

Rarely. I've seen it happen a couple times. DOOM came back and I think maybe one or two other arcade games, but it's not something I would count on.

Is Hybrid still dead playerbase wise? It looks like an interesting game, but I know the game bombed at launch. Did it ever recover?

[quote name='wEEman33']The Avatar Football sale ends tonight, so hop on that $1 deal while you still can![/QUOTE]

Promote that game much? :whistle2:\

What a bizarre Atari sale. I'm a sucker for classic arcade games with achievements but 20 and 40% off? It would be a no-brainer for me for 50+% but these go on sale so rarely I might just grab them.

Also, why am I even considering Rocket Bowl? Am I ever going to play this thing?

Already had the Plague Lord PQ expansion, or I'd be buying that. I thought it would never go on sale. Adds a good bit of play to the game, totally worth it at full price and a steal at the sale price.

That review of the patched version of Amy sells it for me.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='wEEman33']The Avatar Football sale ends tonight, so hop on that $1 deal while you still can![/QUOTE]

So I'm going to ask again, do you work/write for Operation Sports or something?

[quote name='captpluto9465']Someone posted a list of post-patch bulletpoints. I think I'm going to pick it up. Tired of shooters.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/640660-amy/62477325[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I think I'll follow in your steps then. Some opinions on its GameFAQs board persuaded me that I will like the game (even though I was actively SEARCHING for positive viewpoints, so they naturally resonated more with me than the negative ones which I already knew), and that's a wrap... you get my fiver this time, Cuisset, but try to aim higher the next!

[quote name='ryoman']Is Hybrid still dead playerbase wise? It looks like an interesting game, but I know the game bombed at launch. Did it ever recover?[/QUOTE]

There are stilll few dedicated players and some groups that boost achievements from time to time, but overall you can count the online community as dead. Hell, i have hard time to get into a game 2-3 months after release...Now is even worse.

edit: More info about Capcom Arcade Cabinet:

Capcom Arcade Cabinet kicks off on February 19 on PlayStation Network and February 20 on Xbox Live Arcade. It appears Black Dragon may be released as a free download in Japan. 1943 and Avenger will cost 320 Microsoft Points or 400 yen each. Games will also be released in 800 Microsoft Point / 1,000 yen bundles.

February 19/20
Black Tiger
Avenger

March 5
Ghosts’n Goblins
Gunsmoke
Sector Z

March 19
Legendary Wings
Side Arms
Trojan

April 2
Rush & Crash
Exed Exes
Commando

April 16
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Sonson
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/0...assics-like-ghostsn-goblins-every-other-week/

It's a Capcom, so overpriced content. Hopefully there will be sales for these games later.

[quote name='Sath666']It's a Capcom, so overpriced content. Hopefully there will be sales for these games later.[/QUOTE]

That's a hell of a price for 3-games bundles... hopefully, they'll at least reserve to them the same treatment received by Final Fight and Magic Sword in Final Fight: Double Impact (online co-op, rearranged soundtracks, artworks, etc.)... :roll:

[quote name='PrinnyJ']so maybe the Samurai Warriors 2 DLC is next! :lol:[/QUOTE]

It was so worth the 2400 points I spent on that like 4 years ago ;)

[quote name='GUNNM']Why no super ghouls n ghosts? :([/QUOTE]That was released for SNES. These are games originally released in the arcades.

If these include some bonus stuff like the Final Fight: Double Impact (I'm not expecting AS much, but an achievement mentioned unlocking stuff in a gallery, so looks like there might be some stuff to unlock), I might bite. Though I think I'll wait for some of the packs to go on sale.

& if Japan gets Black Tiger/Dragon for free, I bet we'll get it for free as well as a "starter" game, to show the features of the hub out.

^Good catch. I didn't see that it was a D3 game.

So yeah, it's probably a price drop, not a sale. The only unexplainable drop left is Amy.

As much as I have benefited from this series of threads, glad I could help ;)

I'm holding off on Amy for now, but gonna pull the trigger on Alien Breed 3 and UnderGarden DLC.

Debating PQ DLC... but I haven't played that game in years, and if it's a drop... no rush.

I enjoy seeing the original 1942 and 1943 on that Capcom list. Be nicer if they were in the same pack though. Funny how 1943 comes out on my birthday too.

Hunh, I don't tend to bitch when a sale sucks, but I think this might be the worst XBL weekly sale that I can remember. Usually there are 1-2 things that I at least consider purchasing. Rough week.

[quote name='berzirk']Hunh, I don't tend to bitch when a sale sucks, but I think this might be the worst XBL weekly sale that I can remember. Usually there are 1-2 things that I at least consider purchasing. Rough week.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember much much worse weeks than this within the past few months. There are tons of things on sale this week as opposed to some weeks where we get sales on DLC from a 3-4 year old game.

Haven't been here much lately! And because of that I forgot about picking up Shank 2. Ah well, that'll be marked down again before long. And with that I missed the DA2 DLC I considered buying also, but whatever. MM9 got a pass too, because I'd rather just wait it out and pay the extra two dollars than spend that money right now.

I think I'll finally be picking up American Nightmare! Oh yeah. Everything else in the DOTW, I've had for a while. The other assorted sales are interesting... I'm surprised to see the Matt Hazard XBLA game finally got a discount, and even at only 33% off I will be considering it. Does anyone know if Amy got the significant patch that had been discussed a while back? If not, that's definitely a no-buy. I gave the demo a shot at launch and that was the stinker of all stinkers.

Puzzle Quest DLC finally got a markdown????? These last few weeks have certainly been full of surprises.

Being the hoarder that I am, I feel compelled to buy every game that goes on sale. It's not like I plan to plan these things anyway right. ;)
So I have enough points to buy a couple of games, but that's not saying that I HAVE to. Any advice to persuade me to or dissuade me from buying these games would be very much appreciated.

Amy - Like someone else mentioned: The lack of the expected mass ridicule/condemnation of this game has me intrigued. Did it really become a decent game because of the patch?

Worms 2 - I have Revolution, but like I said I don't play these games so it doesn't matter if they're essentially the same game. ;)

Alien Breed - Time to date myself. I played this on my....Amiga. There was a bunch of hoopla when it was first released. I sucked at it because of my slow reflexes.

Alien Breed 2 - Can't buy the original without buying the sequel right?

Alien Breed 3 - Can't buy the sequel without buying the sequel to the sequel right?

[quote name='ooga']Being the hoarder that I am, I feel compelled to buy every game that goes on sale. It's not like I plan to plan these things anyway right. ;)
So I have enough points to buy a couple of games, but that's not saying that I HAVE to. Any advice to persuade me to or dissuade me from buying these games would be very much appreciated.

Amy - Like someone else mentioned: The lack of the expected mass ridicule/condemnation of this game has me intrigued. Did it really become a decent game because of the patch?

Worms 2 - I have Revolution, but like I said I don't play these games so it doesn't matter if they're essentially the same game. ;)

Alien Breed - Time to date myself. I played this on my....Amiga. There was a bunch of hoopla when it was first released. I sucked at it because of my slow reflexes.

Alien Breed 3 - Can't buy the sequel without buying the sequel to the sequel right?[/QUOTE]

Dude, when the intervention comes, make sure I get an invite - I need just as much help as you ;)

[quote name='berzirk']Hunh, I don't tend to bitch when a sale sucks, but I think this might be the worst XBL weekly sale that I can remember. Usually there are 1-2 things that I at least consider purchasing. Rough week.[/QUOTE]

Really? There's got to be a dozen or so XBLA games that got price drops or sales this week. It was just a few weeks ago that we had RDR DLC and virtually nothing else. Even though I won't be buying much this week, it's still one of the better weeks we've had in a while IMO.

[quote name='ooga']Being the hoarder that I am, I feel compelled to buy every game that goes on sale. It's not like I plan to plan these things anyway right. ;)

Alien Breed 3 - Can't buy the sequel without buying the sequel to the sequel right?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you'd need multiple Worms games unless you're a fan of the series. I wasn't overly impressed with Alien Breed, it felt like pretty generic top-down shooter and I had to force myself to finish it after about the halfway point.

If you had no interest in buying these games or even playing them before they were cheap, then it really means you don't need those games. Like with all of the talk of the patch on how Amy is improved, at best it'll be a mediocre experience because that game received such an overwhelming amount of negative criticism that I can't believe it'll go to anywhere close to a must play. If you got a backlog, spend time on that and be proud of the games you've beaten, not the games you own.

[quote name='tylerh1701'] wasn't overly impressed with Alien Breed, it felt like pretty generic top-down shooter and I had to force myself to finish it after about the halfway point.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Dull games with low enemy variety and few poor boss battles. If someone is played first part - he have played them all, seriously. Other two are like expansion packs with same environments and enemies. -_-
I have disc version btw.

Is it confirmed then that the Alien Breed games are price drops? I really enjoyed the demos and would like to get all three, but given the feedback here it might be a better bet for me to play through the first one before jumping on the rest. I just want to make sure I have that time luxury (not sure I'll get through the game before next Tuesday rolls around).

[quote name='seppuku']Is it confirmed then that the Alien Breed games are price drops? I really enjoyed the demos and would like to get all three, but given the feedback here it might be a better bet for me to play through the first one before jumping on the rest. I just want to make sure I have that time luxury (not sure I'll get through the game before next Tuesday rolls around).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those games are just on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back