XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Zombie Wranglers - 200 pts (50% off)
Zombie Driver - 400 pts (50% off)
Zombie Apocalypse - 400 pts (50% off)
Zombie Apocalypse 2 - 400 pts (50% off)
All Zombies Must Die! - 400 pts (50% off)

Zombie Apocalypse 2- Pure Pwnage DLC - 200 pts (50% off) - ?
Zombie Hat Avatar Prop - 80pts (50% off) - ?
Dead Rising 2-Ninja Skills Pack - 80pts (50% off) - ?
COD: Black Ops- Zombies Pic Pack - 80pts (50% off) - ?

Zombie Driver is a fun overhead driving game. It plays sort of like a level-based GTA 1 and 2, with the goal of running over lots of zombies and completing simple missions. It also has a challenging race-against-AI mode. I had a blast getting the full 400 GamerScore from it.

[quote name='eastx']Zombie Driver is a fun overhead driving game. It plays sort of like a level-based GTA 1 and 2, with the goal of running over lots of zombies and completing simple missions. It also has a challenging race-against-AI mode. I had a blast getting the full 400 GamerScore from it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I liked the demo, I'll be picking that up for 400 points.

[quote name='sicsonic']Zombie Wranglers - 200 pts (50% off)
Zombie Driver - 400 pts (50% off)
Zombie Apocalypse - 400 pts (50% off)
Zombie Apocalypse 2 - 400 pts (50% off)

Zombie Apocalypse 2- Pure Pwnage DLC - 200 pts (50% off) - ?
Zombie Hat Avatar Prop - 80pts (50% off) - ?
Dead Rising 2-Ninja Skills Pack - 80pts (50% off) - ?
COD: Black Ops- Zombies Pic Pack - 80pts (50% off) - ?[/QUOTE]

All zombies must die is also on sale for 400 msp which is 50% off.

also Tempest is on sale for 240 msp. Maybe as part of another sale or a price drop.

[quote name='xbox_man']All zombies must die is also on sale for 400 msp which is 50% off.[/quote]

Ah thanks. I didn't miss it, just forgot to add it.

I didn't notice that the Puzzle Quest DLC was on sale until this morning. Sneaked in under the wire and purchased it. Thanks OP!

Temptest for 240 MSP (why not exactly 200, like most games that're 400 & go on sale?) sounds like an okay deal. Might wait to see what the S&S+ deals are.

[quote name='ReXXXSoprano']Yep. The Full Data Pack includes every single piece of DLC for the game. So get it if you haven't yet.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I appreciate the response very much. Now I have to find a cheap copy of the game :whistle2:k.

Zombie Wranglers is a bad game. I think I won a copy when it came out and towards the end of last year I revisited it. It's a fairly easy 200 GS and features online co-op, but that final boss is really cheap and made me want to delete the game upon completion. I'd say save your money. The trial for All Zombies Must Die wasn't that fun to me either.

Oddly enough I liked Zombie Apocalypse much better and am interested in the sequel + DLC. I'll play the trial of that and Zombie Driver before I decide. I'm sure I'll like both.

I'm surprised Dead Block isn't on sale again. Probably because it didn't have zombie in the title.

[quote name='Bloomy']Scratch & Match and Chain Reaction in the S&S+ app are still the same as last week. It's also still showing last week's DOTW.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guess we'll have to wait to see if/when those get updated.

Brock F'N Sampson;10476086 said:
Thank you! I appreciate the response very much. Now I have to find a cheap copy of the game :whistle2:k.

Not a problem. Don't see too many people interested in the series. My dreams for Z Kagura in the US continues. Enjoy the game whenever you get it.

[quote name='Bloomy']Scratch & Match and Chain Reaction in the S&S+ app are still the same as last week. It's also still showing last week's DOTW.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure Scratch & Match is the same as last week for the coming week or maybe they just haven't updated it yet? IIRC, Microsoft doesn't update everything at the same moment on Tuesday.

I'm bummed about Aqua as I really would've liked that free, but I tried 10 different times and never won. You get 1 try per account... is it 1 try per account per calendar day or 24 hours apart? I should've tried more times, but I just didn't have time to flip the X360 on every day. If it's still alive (which I doubt as S&M and CR deals rarely last more than 1 week), I'll try again for Aqua.

For this DOTW, I already have all of the zombie games except the first 2, but then I expect poor DOTW specials because I just got free gold for a month, and we can't have a good DOTW until 3/12 when my Gold expires. I would've gotten 2 months but I couldn't get my prepaid card to work. Does Microsoft not accept prepaid credit cards online any more?

[quote name='Ubichu']Are you sure Scratch & Match is the same as last week for the coming week or maybe they just haven't updated it yet? IIRC, Microsoft doesn't update everything at the same moment on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

When I checked, Scratch & Match hadn't updated. I didn't mean to imply that those offers would continue for another week.

Adding the new sales to the OP.

[quote name='midloo']I didn't notice that the Puzzle Quest DLC was on sale until this morning. Sneaked in under the wire and purchased it. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Was it a sale, or was it a price drop? The DLC is still 400 points and Galactrix is still 1200 (xbox.com). I think it was a price drop.

Sales and specials app has updated, has some pretty good deals all more than 50% off:

Limbo - 480MSP (720MSP off)
Spelunky - 480MSP (720MSP off)
N+ - 320MSP (480MSP off)

I picked up Zombie Wranglers. It might be a horrible game, but it's a horrible game that's only 200 MSPs. Can't be worse than Hole in the Wall, right?

As for Zombie Apocalypse. My first thought was: this game got a sequel, so it must be decent. Then I remembered that Deadliest Warrior got a sequel too, and realized that my theory doesn't hold water.

[quote name='Gnort']
[/QUOTE]

Wow, only 480 MSPS for a game the reminds me of how inept I am at these types of games. What a bargain for a metric ton of frustration. :)

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Ugh, Bethesda sale AGAIN. They just had one in December![/QUOTE]

But I didn't own Skyrim in December! So, welcome Hearthfire and Dragonborn! :applause:

[quote name='Gnort']Sales and specials app has updated, has some pretty good deals all more than 50% off:

N+ - 320MSP (480MSP off)[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be snagging N+! S&S app to the rescue again this week. :)

[quote name='UberSwiss']Wow that's an awesome price for NBA 2K13. $29.99 in case you can't see it[/QUOTE]

The DLC is also on sale:

All-Star Add-On Presented By Sprite ~ 200 (normally 400) ~ includes achievements
Spanish Commentary Add-On ~ 200 (normally 400)
Blue Diamond Jewelry Collection ~ 1000 (normally 2000) ~ (+10 boost to all attributes)
Platinum Jewelry Collection ~ 400 (normally 800) ~ (+6 boost to all attributes)
Gold Jewelry Collection ~ 200 (normally 400) ~ (+3 boost to all attributes)

Collections do not stack, and if multiple collections are owned, only the highest boost will be applied to your MyPLAYER.

[quote name='Blade']Unrelated to current conversation, but...

Season 3, Episode 9 of The Walking Dead is currently free

Someone posted it in the free thread. I don't get AMC, so I'm pretty excited to see it! :)[/QUOTE]

Not free, just the promo videos.

[quote name='xbox_man']I think I remember reading somewhere that the Yugioh game would be up at some point this week, but I could be wrong.
I wonder what price points they are going to have for Yugioh cards in the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Yugioh out on Wednesday. In the precious game you bought packs and they had predetermined cards in them. The packs were somewhere between $1-3, don't remember exactly.

Might drop down and get Splunky. Liked the demo. All of these Skyrim DLC sales make me yearn for the GOTY disc that will surely come. Are they done with DLC's for this game or is more on it's way?

Any Far Cry DLC forthcoming?

How do i get this, Sales and specials app? Is it in Xbox 360 apps or is it for cellphone type devices?

Also how do you know Skyrim is on sale next week? Is Borderlands 1 DLC going to be discounted too, or maybe Borderlands 2 Games on Demand?

Done in the OP.

[quote name='The 7th Number']How do i get this, Sales and specials app? Is it in Xbox 360 apps or is it for cellphone type devices?

Also how do you know Skyrim is on sale next week? Is Borderlands 1 DLC going to be discounted too, or maybe Borderlands 2 Games on Demand?[/QUOTE]

The Sales & Specials app is on the Dashboard. Check the Games tab, should be there somewhere.

Major Nelson posted next week's DOTW, going to be Skyrim and Oblivion GoD and DLC.

[quote name='Gnort']

Wow, only 480 points for one of the best games of 2012! :0

All of these are excellent platformers and absolutely worth at current prices.

[quote name='Gnort']Sales and specials app has updated, has some pretty good deals all more than 50% off:

Will have to bite on spelunky at that price!!

[quote name='ooga']Wow, only 480 MSPS for a game the reminds me of how inept I am at these types of games. What a bargain for a metric ton of frustration. :)[/QUOTE]

Definitely good deals. But you're absolutely right about Spelunky. In fact, I'd say you could say the exact same thing about N+. Very frustrating game. I've ranted enough about Spelunky on this thread, so I'll just say to anyone that's gonna buy it, prepare for a challenge.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Looks like I'll be snagging N+! S&S app to the rescue again this week. :)[/QUOTE]

Good luck.

[quote name='benjamouth']Spelunky at 480 is one hell of a deal.

Might finally pick up Limbo. Or maybe I'll wait for 400.[/QUOTE]

Definitely get Limbo. It got way over-hyped the year it came out (similar in my opinion to Journey this year) but it's still a great game.

[quote name='MWB']The guy at the top of the leaderboards put together a guide with a bunch of helpful tips on Xbox.com

Arcadecraft Help Guide

The game ends at December 1986 - I finished with something like $388,000 during my second playthrough last weekend.[/QUOTE]

thanks! that really sounds helpful and I'm going to try the tips next time I play. :D

[quote name='MWB']The DLC is also on sale:

All-Star Add-On Presented By Sprite ~ 200 (normally 400) ~ includes achievements
Spanish Commentary Add-On ~ 200 (normally 400)
Blue Diamond Jewelry Collection ~ 1000 (normally 2000) ~ (+10 boost to all attributes)
Platinum Jewelry Collection ~ 400 (normally 800) ~ (+6 boost to all attributes)
Gold Jewelry Collection ~ 200 (normally 400) ~ (+3 boost to all attributes)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! Sucks that the All-Star Weekend stuff isn't just included with the retail game, but I guess that time has come and gone long ago. 200 ain't so bad, so I picked it up in time for this weekend.

Got the ZA:NDA DLC for 200 MSP...will also get yugioh tomorrow for free =D (since I bought the first game) next week I will go for dragonborn dlc...

Still unsure if I should get Zombie Wranglers..it's a bad game but hell it's cheap...

[quote name='MSUHitman']Not free, just the promo videos.[/QUOTE]
I Was able to both stream the whole episode and download it onto my 360 last night with no charge.

For the title of the thread for the week, TES is an appropriate abbreviation for Elder Scrolls, right? I don't play the games, but TES is a common abbreviation that people will understand, right?

I bought Spelunky last time for 600 and it was totally worth it. That said 99% of players will never beat the game "the hard way" but it still offers plenty of things to accomplish. There really is no game like it on XBLA and one of those games you just say 1 more try, but get hooked for hours.

[quote name='tylerh1701']For the title of the thread for the week, TES is an appropriate abbreviation for Elder Scrolls, right? I don't play the games, but TES is a common abbreviation that people will understand, right?[/QUOTE]

I think so. I've seen it abbreviated like that before, and most people should understand.

My biggest gripe with Spelunkey(500+ games been working on it since the last sale in Oct or Nov) is its a super difficult game that demands great controls, and doesnt really have them. I find the controls screwing me over a lot to the point that I have considered getting a USB pad for it. Simple things like jumping, running or turning just dont happen at random all the time.

Another bright side is there is plenty of secrets, if you choose not to spoil the game for yourself with a FAQ. I just found the city of gold after 500+ games and feel super accomplished.

[quote name='tylerh1701']For the title of the thread for the week, TES is an appropriate abbreviation for Elder Scrolls, right? I don't play the games, but TES is a common abbreviation that people will understand, right?[/QUOTE]

Yea TES is a common abbreviation. It is fine to use. Not everyone will get it but TES fans will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back