XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
After playing the trials I decided to pick up almost everything I didn't already have (except for zombie wranglers). I bought Zombie Driver HD after being pleasantly surprised by the demo, as well as the Zombie Apocalypse 2 DLC and All Zombies Must Die. Still debating on getting N+ or not.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']So did they remove Dragonborn from the new deal of the week?[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson retracted it from his blog. Take what you will from that. I think it will be on sale, because it makes me :bouncy:.

So I stockpiled on all the zombie games and DLC I didn't already have - NEVER DIE ALONE's Pure Pwnage, Zombie Driver, All Zombies Must Die, and even Zombie Wranglers. I haven't even touched NEVER DIE ALONE despite having it for several months, but I played a little bit of the rest and have to say they'd all be much better games if the devs had bothered fine-tuning controls. They are all acceptable for the price points given, but if I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Zombie Driver. Plenty of zombies to slaughter + 400 GS = good stuff.

Edited out unnecessary snark.

[quote name='tylerh1701']They're all probably price drops. Galactrix had a permanent price drop on PSN as well, and they are all published by the same company, so more than likely they're all price drops.[/QUOTE]
That's why I threw them into the "unannounced price drops" section, instead of a confirmed sale, or as confirmed by MS. We already knew about Atari & some of the miscellaneous items (since they're shown on the 360's dashboard as "price drops"), but the D3 publisher titles were conjecture based on PSN's pricing.

In other news, my F5 key is broken, due to refreshing the Skyrim addons page tonight ... :lol:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...e6?nosplash=1&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

the deal of week prices are up.
In Australia Oblivion is $9.99, probably something similar in America.
Australia gets ripped off with skyrim price.
Skyrim is $49.99, was $109.95 (Cant believe that prices are that high.)
Americas price is $39.99 was $59.99. (still high)
And dlc still same price

So it's true, no DLC discounts for Skyram then... can we expect something from the S&S+ app, or do its offers stay the same for 2 weeks? Is there a rule for this? I can't remember...

[quote name='GamerDude316']sales and specials app looks to have refreshed:

Losing offers are...

400 MSP off Lucidity
600 MSP off Trine 2[/QUOTE]

Again, they are better than actual DoTW! In for Lucidity. :)

[quote name='mebegod']hmm havent heard of lucidity before anybody have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

Destructoid bashed it pretty badly, and I usually find their reviews spot-on... nevertheless, I gave the demo a spin, and Brad was right: the game plays like a sloooooooow version of Lemmings, in which you have to place objects on the main character's way in order for her to overcome obstacles and enemies.
Problem is, objects are completely random and you're often left placing them furiously on screen waiting for the correct one to show up or, worse, having to plan a completely different route for Sofi because you didn't get the objects you want.
In short, a waste of a wonderful art style and interesting ideas. Don't bother.

Two Worlds II's expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress dropped from $30, to $5 according to xbldb.com.

Seems like a good deal for a pretty well-received game.

[quote name='GamerDude316']sales and specials app looks to have refreshed:

Losing offers are...

400 MSP off Lucidity
600 MSP off Trine 2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mebegod']hmm havent heard of lucidity before anybody have an opinion?[/QUOTE]

I remember I didn't much care for the Lucidity demo. I think I might pick it up for 160-200 MSP, but 400 seems to be a little bit much for it.

[quote name='nnthomas']Gonna grab the Two Worlds II Pirate DLC[/QUOTE]

Well I guess I am going to be forced to buy DLC for a game in my collection I may never play only because I would hate to miss this sale. :drool:

Whoa, they already changed the prices on last week's zombie deals. I know they still say 400 MSPs, but you'll need 800 to actually buy them. I was debating picking up Zombie Apocalypse and finally decided to do so this morning. Too late. Oh well. One less game I'm never going to play. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I guess I am going to be forced to buy DLC for a game in my collection I may never play only because I would hate to miss this sale. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I got 1000 points on TW2, so I'm in for buying the expansion to finish it off. :)

[quote name='nnthomas']I got 1000 points on TW2, so I'm in for buying the expansion to finish it off. :)[/QUOTE]

Then you'll need the multiplayer add on as well.

Thanks for all the replies on limbo.. I ended up passing on it for now... Did end up buying spelunky.... Oh boy... One play through and the frustration has already begun lol

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Then you'll need the multiplayer add on as well.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I didnt know that. Guess it wont be a completed game then.

Cane somebody explain, why the two Two Worlds II DLC were this expensive in the first place? Does it add that much content?

On another note just was wishing for a sale price on lucidity last week and bam it happened so i will finally get the game =)

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Two Worlds II's expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress dropped from $30, to $5 according to xbldb.com. Seems like a good deal for a pretty well-received game.[/QUOTE]
You guys never bought the Velvet GOTY Edition, which included both on the same disc, when it was $24.99 on Amazon (after discount code) exactly 367 days ago? Tisk tisk ...

Doing a quick refresh on the OP now, if nobody else is in there ... All done, have at it!

^Thanks Cornelius, looks great. I updated the title. When a price drop on Two Worlds II DLC makes the title, you know it's a poor week of deals.

So the Elder Scrolls sale is another massive waste of time, stuff that was on sale 2 months ago, when they could be giving us Fallout NV DLC or the Banjo Kazooie games.

The people at Microsoft need to get their heads outta their asses.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']So the Elder Scrolls sale is another massive waste of time, stuff that was on sale 2 months ago, when they could be giving us Fallout NV DLC or the Banjo Kazooie games.

The people at Microsoft need to get their heads outta their asses.[/QUOTE]

I wish microsoft would put the banjo games on sale again. Last time they went on sale like 3 years ago I didnt have money.

[quote name='Cornelius']You guys never bought the Velvet GOTY Edition, which included both on the same disc, when it was $24.99 on Amazon (after discount code) exactly 367 days ago? Tisk tisk ...
[/QUOTE]
Eh, it was the EU version, which was supposed to be region free, but it wasn't enough savings since I had the CE. The ps3 sale where it was $5 was awesome, though :D
[quote name='tylerh1701']^Thanks Cornelius, looks great. I updated the title. When a price drop on Two Worlds II DLC makes the title, you know it's a poor week of deals.[/QUOTE]
At least it's something that needs a sale and hasn't been on sale before, so I wouldn't call it a poor week. A niche title, sure, but not a bad sale.

[quote name='polo14player']Thanks for all the replies on limbo.. I ended up passing on it for now... Did end up buying spelunky.... Oh boy... One play through and the frustration has already begun lol[/QUOTE]

If your looking to buy Limbo, get the XBLA triple pacl. For $10 on newegg or amazon you get Limbo, as well as Splosion Man and Trials HD. Granted if you already have the other's it's not as good a deal, but $5 at least off standard price

[quote name='ooga']Crappy sales week = Backlog monster doesn't get fed[/QUOTE]

This! I'm somewhat relieved there's nothing for me this week, I've stopped counting all the games I've yet to play:drool:

Two Worlds II huh? That would mean I would have to look for Two Worlds first, then throw them both into a backlog already consisting of a couple RPGs...As tempting as it is (not really THAT tempting) I think I could use some time to play what I have, especially after the tear that BB went on these past couple weeks.

No reason to spend money feeding a full stomach.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Two Worlds II huh? That would mean I would have to look for Two Worlds first, then throw them both into a backlog already consisting of a couple RPGs...As tempting as it is (not really THAT tempting) I think I could use some time to play what I have, especially after the tear that BB went on these past couple weeks.

No reason to spend money feeding a full stomach.[/QUOTE]

By all accounts, the original Two Worlds is a miserable game, and the second was much-improved. I usually like to play all of a series, too, but in this case you'd probably be more than safe just getting the second. Now, whether even THAT would be worth it is up for debate. Personally, I'll stick to the the backlog I've already got and continue passing on Two Worlds II.

We all know that the DotW sale is lame, so nuff said. But anyone wanting to pick up Trine 2, it a nice co-op focused game so make sure your getting it to play with a friend. A nice deal IMO, I picked it up during the New Year's Sale.

You guys would be singing another tune if the Two Worlds II Velvet Edition were being sold for a price that's a lot closer to what it was elsewhere recently. I don't know how they think $30 is a reasonable sale price for all of that.

I bought Zombie Apocalypse at the last minute this morning, and convinced a friend to do the same. I hope the online play doesn't suck.

I also ended up buying N+ late last night after replaying the demo and watching the ninja explode into a dozen pieces after getting a little too close to one of those mines.

The bad news is that my backlog just keeps growing. The good news is that I'm running out of titles that I'm interested in.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']FYI, I won the scratch and match for the first time today, and the prize was a stupid avatar hat. I thought you were supposed to win a game?[/QUOTE]
You are if the prize is a game. Apparently this week's prize is a stupid avatar hat.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']By all accounts, the original Two Worlds is a miserable game, and the second was much-improved. I usually like to play all of a series, too, but in this case you'd probably be more than safe just getting the second. Now, whether even THAT would be worth it is up for debate. Personally, I'll stick to the the backlog I've already got and continue passing on Two Worlds II.[/QUOTE]

The first Two Worlds has a very rough charm - it's ambitious but suffers from technical problems, terrible voice acting, and a poor translation. Most people would be happier skipping it and going straight to part 2.

[quote name='eastx']The first Two Worlds has a very rough charm - it's ambitious but suffers from technical problems, terrible voice acting, and a poor translation. Most people would be happier skipping it and going straight to part 2.[/QUOTE]

I did just that and, personally, couldn't adapt to the clunky controls and mechanics enough to sit through a second sitting of II. This is coming from a WRPG lover, too. There are just too many other good games to have to work hard to like one like this. Just go back to Skyrim or Amalur and be comfortable.

Can anyone confirm that the Two Worlds II Pirate expansion doesn't require the original game disc to play? I've found articles back when the expansion was first announced stating it doesn't require the disc but I just can't find anything recent to confirm it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back