XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Capcom Arcade Cabinet demo finally, but I must wait to get home to try it... anybody already did? How's the "one credit only" gimmick for Black Tiger working? Are you simply not allowed to continue or do you need to actually relaunch the game every time you die?

A bit late in posting this but since it's a price drop now it's not too late to pick it up:

I've been playing the Undergarden this week (240msp), and it's the most relaxing fun I've ever had with an XBLA game. Pinball FX2 used to be my go-to blood pressure release valve, but I've either gotten worse at it or lately I'm just choosing all the bad tables that I haven't gotten the hang of (Ghost Rider, you can kiss my grits)

Undergarden will bring back fun memories to anyone who bought Soul Bubbles on the DS. It feels like a sequel even though everything about it from story to mechanics are mostly opposite. I bought the DLC, too (extra 50g for $1) and although only two levels, the second DLC level was definitely worth the buck to me.

Also: Shank 2 = blood pressure through the roof and almost controller through the TV.

Ps3 owners look to get it better with Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
Black Tiger 1 credit for xbox players but ps3 get unlimited.
There are also a few games xbox cant get singles of, only packs.

[quote name='Kerig']A bit late in posting this but since it's a price drop now it's not too late to pick it up:

I've been playing the Undergarden this week (240msp), and it's the most relaxing fun I've ever had with an XBLA game. Pinball FX2 used to be my go-to blood pressure release valve, but I've either gotten worse at it or lately I'm just choosing all the bad tables that I haven't gotten the hang of (Ghost Rider, you can kiss my grits)

Undergarden will bring back fun memories to anyone who bought Soul Bubbles on the DS. It feels like a sequel even though everything about it from story to mechanics are mostly opposite. I bought the DLC, too (extra 50g for $1) and although only two levels, the second DLC level was definitely worth the buck to me.

Also: Shank 2 = blood pressure through the roof and almost controller through the TV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed Soul Bubbles so I just picked up The Undergarden.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I was so excited to get the new Skyrim DLC, but of course they take it off the list right after listing it(a week ago)... Microsoft really sucks sometimes[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for ya'. :roll:

[quote name='Kerig']I've been playing the Undergarden this week (240msp), and it's the most relaxing fun I've ever had with an XBLA game.[/QUOTE]

QFT. Tension free game. Fairly unique world. Nice mellow music.

Sooo Two Worlds Velvet Edition has the DLC on disc? no codes inside or variants like Borderlands( one edition with codes the other one with dlc disc?) If so, I'm going to buy the Velvet Edition for 14 bucks =D (used but in good condition)

[quote name='jbman289']Can anyone confirm that the Two Worlds II Pirate expansion doesn't require the original game disc to play? I've found articles back when the expansion was first announced stating it doesn't require the disc but I just can't find anything recent to confirm it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game or the dlc myself, but your question piqued my interest. The reviews I've found seem to suggest that you have to launch the dlc from the game's main menu by starting a new game. So technically you'll need the disc just to start the game. It may use some of the assets from the main game too. Like I said though, I don't have it so I'm just guessing.

Edit: I guess I was right:

From: http://www.xxlgaming.com/staffreview.asp?gameID=1183
Pirates of the Flying Fortress is a stand-alone expansion of Two Worlds II to a certain degree. It’s a separate campaign and has its own co-op and multiplayer online (if you purchase the co-op and multiplayer which will cost you an extra $15). But it’s not entirely stand-alone because you’ll need the Two Worlds II game in order to play this.

Trying to decide if I want to pick up Assassin’s Creed III The Infamy. I'm still trying to spend point for Black Friday and the Raptr promotion has peaked my interest for this title. 800 points seems a little high for a DLC add-on but when you figure it up as 800 points for DLC, avatar outfit and a avatar pet its a different story.

[quote name='xbox_man']Ps3 owners look to get it better with Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
There are also a few games xbox cant get singles of, only packs.[/QUOTE]Games can be bought individually after 2 weeks of being released in the packs. Let me quote a post I made in the PSN thread with all the details:

[quote name='Zonic505']You have 3 options when it comes to Capcom Arcade Cabinet (Capcom has listed all the features, including the list of games & release dates here):

1.) Buy each game individually for $4 when they're released. This'll cost you about about $56, and you have to wait 2 weeks after the pack containing said games were released to get them individually. Ex. You have to wait until March 5th to get Avenger or 1943 separately.

2.) Buy them in packs of 3, $5 for the addition of Avenger & 1943 out today (since Black Tiger is given out for free to get a taste of the hub), with the others being $10. Destructoid has a review up with a listing of when these'll come out. This'll cost you about $45 total.

3.) Wait until May 21st and get all 15 games (owning all 15 games unlocks 2 bonus games
1943 Kai & Vulgus
) in a single pack for $30.[/QUOTE]

But yes, Black Tiger is "free" if you download the trial, but you only get 1 continue. However, you can replay as many times as you like & as long as you don't lose all your lives, as long as you want.

[quote name='ooga']I don't have the game or the dlc myself, but your question piqued my interest. The reviews I've found seem to suggest that you have to launch the dlc from the game's main menu by starting a new game. So technically you'll need the disc just to start the game. It may use some of the assets from the main game too. Like I said though, I don't have it so I'm just guessing.

Edit: I guess I was right:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer. I was afraid of that after not being able to confirm anything recent about not needing the disc.

[quote name='xbox_man']Ps3 owners look to get it better with Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
There are also a few games xbox cant get singles of, only packs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Capcom PSN games CANNOT be played offline with the exception of their downloadable fighting games b/c of the tournament scene. Every other PSN release they've done starting with BC Rearmed 2 requires a PSN connection to even boot.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but Capcom PSN games CANNOT be played offline with the exception of their downloadable fighting games b/c of the tournament scene. Every other PSN release they've done starting with BC Rearmed 2 requires a PSN connection to even boot.[/QUOTE]
There are only two Capcom PSN games that require an online connection to be played (Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and Final Fight: Double Impact) and that's it, so you're a little off on that claim.

Does anybody know if the Two Worlds 2 Expansion adds 3D? It shows a 3D icon on the picture, but there isn't a way to activate it in game.

[quote name='eastx']I didn't even know there was a game called Non-Disclosure Agreement, much less DLC for it.[/QUOTE]

... don't quit your day job. Unless that day job actually is reviewing games, in which case I wouldn't mind you letting that go. But not for comedy. Ohhhhh no.

Lucidity for me this week! There's a somewhat pleasant surprise, even if the game isn't incredible.

Anybody else bummed out that weekly Rock Band DLC calls it quits on April 2?

Was suprised when i saw M2 logo when played Capcom Arcade Cabinet trial. They did excellent job with these SEGA collections as well.

That said, i probably will end up getting only 1-2 packs. Have bought too much old games and most of them i haven't even touched yet.

[quote name='Sath666']That said, i probably will end up getting only 1-2 packs. Have bought too much old games and most of the them i haven't even touched yet.[/QUOTE]

2 packs will cost you 1200 (if you want to buy the first one at 400) or 1600 MSP.
The complete bundle available at the end of May will cost 2000 MSP, and you will end up with the games you want plus a slew of others you may dip in occasionally for 4-800 MSP extra (the cost of another pack, essentially)... worth thinking about, IMO :)

[quote name='Sath666']Was suprised when i saw M2 logo when played Capcom Arcade Cabinet trial. They did excellent job with these SEGA collections as well.

That said, i probably will end up getting only 1-2 packs. Have bought too much old games and most of the them i haven't even touched yet.[/QUOTE]

It feels too much like those SEGA Vintage Collections.

I'm bummed that Black Tiger isn't actually free, it's still considered a trial. Lame. I don't mind waiting til May.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']
Anybody else bummed out that weekly Rock Band DLC calls it quits on April 2?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm kinda bummed too especially since there are some great bands that still never made it into the game...at least now I can catch up on my song list

I know it isn't XBox 360 related, but the PS4 won't play any PSN content.
Makes you wonder what the future xbox will become...

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I know it isn't XBox 360 related, but the PS4 won't play any PSN content.
Makes you wonder what the future xbox will become...[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this? I didn't watch the conference, but I've been keeping up with the announcements and didn't see anything. I thought it was suggested you could play all of your old games by streaming. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I know it isn't XBox 360 related, but the PS4 won't play any PSN content.
Makes you wonder what the future xbox will become...[/QUOTE]

Wrong place for the discussion I know, but it's unlikely that XBLA games will work on the new Xbox unless they stuck pretty rigidly to the XNA Api (I believe)

Or something like that.

[quote name='mpaullin']Where did you see this? I didn't watch the conference, but I've been keeping up with the announcements and didn't see anything. I thought it was suggested you could play all of your old games by streaming. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/existing-psn-games-cant-be-transferred-to-playstation-4-20130221/

If Microsoft follows suit I'm going to be ticked... I've bought a lot of digital content. Makes it tempting to stick with Steam if I could afford a powerful PC.

[quote name='otangz']http://www.geek.com/articles/games/existing-psn-games-cant-be-transferred-to-playstation-4-20130221/

If Microsoft follows suit I'm going to be ticked... I've bought a lot of digital content. Makes it tempting to stick with Steam if I could afford a powerful PC.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. The potential for streaming all of my purchased games does soften the blow a little bit (very little since who knows when that feature will be implemented and how well it will work). This is actually a great opportunity for Microsoft to one up the PS4. If they don't offer BC and don't have something similar to streaming, then that is going to make it a really tough sell (for me anyway).

[quote name='benjamouth']Wrong place for the discussion I know, but it's unlikely that XBLA games will work on the new Xbox unless they stuck pretty rigidly to the XNA Api (I believe)

Or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Well, here's the thing...what is the likelihood that these games just aren't going to be available for the next Xbox at all? Or are they just going to be restructured? If they're going to be restructured...I get that somebody has to do that work...but asking your existing fanbase to foot the bill by rebuying it doesn't seem right (and also wouldn't happen in 99.9% of cases). If the goal of these gaming companies is to GROW, they have to have some system for recognizing loyal customers, while at the same time showing new customers that their future purchases won't be in vain.

It might sound idealistic to just allow your purchases to carry over (even if you're actually downloading a different version of the file on the new system), but I feel like the message it sends to your customers has to make it worth it. Otherwise, you're pissing off existing customers and making new customers wary of buying anything. I just don't see how any short-term gains could justify that.

Am I the only one that doesn't have an Internet connection that is fast enough to stream games well? Everyone appears to ignoring the fact that its not feasible for a lot of people and who knows how well it will work. Streaming games is not an answer to backwards compatibility until we have a much better network infrastructure in the US.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reasoning behind the PS4 not playing PS3 games the structure and departure from the cell in PS3? I imagine it's not radically difficult for Microsoft to carry over 360 games to whatever the next Xbox is due to the PC structure.

With how much support is given to the Xbox Live Marketplace and XBLA, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't backwards compatibility from the get-go. Maybe it'll be taken off (disc-wise) in the future, but with Minecraft now up there in the top played, it'd be a very strange issue for them to address if they didn't allow it.

[quote name='Felder71']Am I the only one that doesn't have an Internet connection that is fast enough to stream games well? Everyone appears to ignoring the fact that its not feasible for a lot of people and who knows how well it will work. Streaming games is not an answer to backwards compatibility until we have a much better network infrastructure in the US.[/QUOTE]

Yup...not to mention bandwidth caps and everything else. It blows my mind that software companies are trying to take things one direction and ISPs are like "Um...no. I don't think so." and nobody really talks about it. It's not going to work.

[quote name='HDShadow']Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reasoning behind the PS4 not playing PS3 games the structure and departure from the cell in PS3? I imagine it's not radically difficult for Microsoft to carry over 360 games to whatever the next Xbox is due to the PC structure.

With how much support is given to the Xbox Live Marketplace and XBLA, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't backwards compatibility from the get-go. Maybe it'll be taken off (disc-wise) in the future, but with Minecraft now up there in the top played, it'd be a very strange issue for them to address if they didn't allow it.[/QUOTE]

The 360 is not a PC structure. It's based on PowerPC architecture similar to what the Cell processor is. IBM created a custom tri-core PowerPC chip for Microsoft.

[quote name='JayMan8081']The 360 is not a PC structure. It's based on PowerPC architecture similar to what the Cell processor is. IBM created a custom tri-core PowerPC chip for Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really stop MS from having some sort of backwards compat, especially with the dough MS rolls in
I guess It's wait and see at this point. Again, it just makes Steam that more appealing. I will gladly buy a 720 for Halo 5-6 and the MS exclusives, but when it comes to blowing money on the market place I would be last inclined to do so if my games are not going to be viable at the very least one generation ahead. It's just funny how Nintendo of all companies may be the most beneficial when it comes to downloading old games. Yes I can't play Gamecube games but the virtual console lot is there for me to re-download and I'm able to play Wii games and use existing Wii saves.

Again, wait and see at this point but I am a bit worried a lot of my digital purchases would go to waste. At least with my disc based games I am able to re-sell them/trade them for something else down the road.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Man any news on the Rockstar pass for MP3 Going on sale?[/QUOTE]

Probably not on sale for a while. The last DLC just came out, I believe. They want to milk all the profits from that first.

For anybody here that tried to get into the BattleBlock Theater beta, check your emails now. I just got my acceptance email a few minutes ago. Of course I got the acceptance when I currently cannot get on Xbox Live at all.

It's NDA'd up the wazoo, so that's all I'll say anyway.

Edit: It looks like I can invite two people into the beta, so if anybody here that didn't try to get in before and want to get in, reply to this post and I'll send you a PM about what to do.

Edit 2: Sent PMs to fatmanforlife99 and Brother Daz.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For anybody here that tried to get into the BattleBlock Theater beta, check your emails now. I just got my acceptance email a few minutes ago. Of course I got the acceptance when I currently cannot get on Xbox Live at all.

Edit: It looks like I can invite two people into the beta, so if anybody here that didn't try to get in before and want to get in, reply to this post and I'll send you a PM about what to do.[/QUOTE]

lol count me in? What is it?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For anybody here that tried to get into the BattleBlock Theater beta, check your emails now. I just got my acceptance email a few minutes ago. Of course I got the acceptance when I currently cannot get on Xbox Live at all.

Edit: It looks like I can invite two people into the beta, so if anybody here that didn't try to get in before and want to get in, reply to this post and I'll send you a PM about what to do.[/QUOTE]
I'd like one frisky if you still have one available?

Someone here tried doing this for me, think it was Tylerh... I think i mistyped my email address... if there's a way you can still do the invite thing i'd love to get in

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Sooo Two Worlds Velvet Edition has the DLC on disc? no codes inside or variants like Borderlands( one edition with codes the other one with dlc disc?) If so, I'm going to buy the Velvet Edition for 14 bucks =D (used but in good condition)[/QUOTE]

It's all included (the original game + the DLC content) on a single disc.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Anybody else bummed out that weekly Rock Band DLC calls it quits on April 2?[/QUOTE]
I am saddened that Rock Band dlc will be ceasing come April. I remember when I first got Rock band back in March 2008 and I've been downloading tracks ever since. 5+ years of weekly releases is quite an amazing feat. That said, there are a TON of tracks I want but haven't purchased due to each one costing $2 each. The CAG in me waits for a sale, so there are still a lot of songs I want to get that I'm sure will go on sale in the future(mainly harmonies and keys songs/post RB3 content).

And if MS puts used games restrictions/always online/360 content not carrying over to the next gen, I'll wait a few years to buy the system. I'll stick to my 360/Wii U. Which is hilarious because as someone mentioned earlier, Nintendo actually got backwards compatibility right even though they suck in the online space :applause:

^Wow, not much I actually want there (actually nothing) but this might be interesting. Maybe there will be a few games super cheap and I can sell my disc version for more money.

If it's all retail (save for RE4 & Code Veronica), then I don't think I'll have much interest in the sale. El Shaddai would have to be insanely cheap (under $10) for me to bite, and even then, I think I'd prefer disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back