XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gordojones88']I believe the Nextbox720 will be fully backwards compatible with all 360 content. It just might be Microsoft's ace in the hole, so to speak. Regardless, I'm buying any GoD I like that are 75% off.[/QUOTE]
I hope you are right, but if that is their ace in the hole-they are in trouble.

[quote name='gordojones88']I believe the Nextbox720 will be fully backwards compatible with all 360 content. It just might be Microsoft's ace in the hole, so to speak. Regardless, I'm buying any GoD I like that are 75% off.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit more skeptical since, like Sony did, Microsoft chose to adopt an x64 architecture for Durango instead of 360's custom PowerPC, so all the software developed for the latter need to be converted for the former to be fully compatible.
Unless they found a way to emulate decently 360's chipset or, even better, to solder a low-cost version of the Xenon CPU on Durango's motherboard, I'm not holding my breath for backward compatibility... I really hope Microsoft will surprise me, though :)

Games like Black ops 2 and Borderlands 2 will probably only see 20% off or something.
As to the list it says some of the titles, so there could be more.
Also something to watch out for is it said it will update each day of the sale with games, so when a game is on sale it is only for 1 day.

[quote name='bardockkun']...I Also can't wait when the sale hits and the amount of claims by people saying you can't buy GoD with MS points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wouldn't it be great if people read the OP first?:lol:

[quote name='Junpei']I'm a bit more skeptical since, like Sony did, Microsoft chose to adopt an x64 architecture for Durango instead of 360's custom PowerPC, so all the software developed for the latter need to be converted for the former to be fully compatible. Unless they found a way to emulate decently 360's chipset or, even better, to solder a low-cost version of the Xenon CPU on Durango's motherboard, I'm not holding my breath for backward compatibility... I really hope Microsoft will surprise me, though :)[/QUOTE]
Microsoft owns the CPU design, the FPU design, the OS, the disk format, and the entire XDK (including API's), so there's negligible chance they'll stray from a multi-core PowerPC & ATI pair-up. It would also be crazy to continue to sell XBLA games right up through the Durango release while simultaneously halting production of 360's. Furthermore, if smaller developers (XBLA and/or sub-$10M budget) don't even have Duragno dev-kits yet, then how can you expect them to release their games post-November? Lastly, Durango would easily read dual-layer DVD's as well, since the 360's disc-format is merely an encryption change over standard red/blue/orange-book.

Yes, the WinPhone 8 change-over was catastrophic to WinPhone 7.5 owners, but there's no pressing need to run apps transparently between WinRT and WinPhone on the Xbox side, and it wouldn't make any business or architectural sense to strand customers like this. Sony has already shot themselves in the foot by not having practically any cloud services on day 1 (including forcing consumers to re-purchase games for streaming they bought before on disc/PSN), and MS needs to be profitable with Durango right out of the gate.

Therefore, keep buying GoD/XBLA games without hesitation, because you have so many options & supporting evidence to continue compatibility.

[quote name='nadohawk']Anyone else having issues purchasing on Xbox.com with their cruddy new format?[/QUOTE]

What exactly has been going on with xbox.com anyways. I used to look a lot of times when I couldn't remember exactly what I owned, and now it doesn't even show that. Just appears as a jumbled mess for me.

Wasn't RE4 on sale for $10 previously and Code Veronica HD $13? Since those games are still relatively popular, maybe they will only drop them to $10.

[quote name='bruceg']Wasn't RE4 on sale for $10 previously and Code Veronica HD $13? Since those games are still relatively popular, maybe they will only drop them to $10.[/QUOTE]
Yup, around October for RE4 for 800 points.

And replayed and beat RE4 twice last week on 360 and that game is still so good. Even with basically one analog and no strafing, it feels fair and challenging compared to the goddamn I don't even know what it was going for mess of RE6.

Looks like BBY are giving 400 points with the purchase of the Halo Map pack which is really just a 2000 point card. So that is a small sale on MS points. $25 for $30 of points. About 17% off for those looking to buy points.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like BBY are giving 400 points with the purchase of the Halo Map pack which is really just a 2000 point card. So that is a small sale on MS points. $25 for $30 of points. About 17% off for those looking to buy points.[/QUOTE]

Got a link showing the offer? I didn't notice it in the couple threads started over BBY sales coming up. Oh well, I guess I'll find out in the AM when I see it myself....

Ohhp nvm, I went to the site and saw it listed for myself. That's an OK deal seeing as how we really don't have anything else going on right now for points--as noted in the points & subs thread which I've been doing my best to keep updated. All things considered, it's a little sub-par when the 4000pt cards go on sale for $40.00 often-enough, and this is basically $24.99 for 2400--but what's a dollar when you need a "quick fix". =P~

[quote name='cancerman1120']^It was not working yet. I will post it when it is up and running.[/QUOTE]

...I... kind of beat you to it. :oops: The mild-OCD won out before I read your follow-up.

I gave you credit though, for what that's worth.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I thought dragonborn DLC for skyrim was supposed to be on sale? Went to xbox marketplace online and it says 1600 pts.[/QUOTE]
They removed it

[quote name='Cornelius']Microsoft owns the CPU design, the FPU design, the OS, the disk format, and the entire XDK (including API's), so there's negligible chance they'll stray from a multi-core PowerPC & ATI pair-up. It would also be crazy to continue to sell XBLA games right up through the Durango release while simultaneously halting production of 360's. Furthermore, if smaller developers (XBLA and/or sub-$10M budget) don't even have Duragno dev-kits yet, then how can you expect them to release their games post-November? Lastly, Durango would easily read dual-layer DVD's as well, since the 360's disc-format is merely an encryption change over standard red/blue/orange-book.

Yes, the WinPhone 8 change-over was catastrophic to WinPhone 7.5 owners, but there's no pressing need to run apps transparently between WinRT and WinPhone on the Xbox side, and it wouldn't make any business or architectural sense to strand customers like this. Sony has already shot themselves in the foot by not having practically any cloud services on day 1 (including forcing consumers to re-purchase games for streaming they bought before on disc/PSN), and MS needs to be profitable with Durango right out of the gate.

Therefore, keep buying GoD/XBLA games without hesitation, because you have so many options & supporting evidence to continue compatibility.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this informative post. I don't really know much about the technical side of the machine but your comments make me feel so much better.

BC is not a deal breaker for me but its just another bullet point when considering next gen. I don't own a Sony console but I am interested in a few exclusives they have. I just don't understand how everyone will have the bandwidth to stream games.

Does anyone know how comparable streaming a game is versus a movie a la Netflix? Just wondering.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I thought dragonborn DLC for skyrim was supposed to be on sale? Went to xbox marketplace online and it says 1600 pts.[/QUOTE]

I really wish people would learn that there's a search tool for the specific thread you're reading, located right at the top of the thread window and below the tags it reads:
SEARCH THIS THREAD! Can you even imagine how many fewer duplicate posts we'd have?

Like when the tenth person asks for opinions on a sale item that's already been discussed at great lengths, "Search the thread!"

Or how it's been mentioned nearly a dozen time times that Major Nelson immediately removed Dragonborn DLC from the sale items list almost two weeks ago, "Search the thread!"

Now, I'm going to head back inside to grab my high-blood-pressure medication & my cane, then sit back on my porch to wait for all the youngens who are about to tramp all over my lawn and whine that Games On Demand can only be bought with a credit card and they don't understand why the prices are listed in MSP. :oldman:
(I am NOT going to include the links to all of those comments, scrrrrew that. ;))

[quote name='Sanges99']I really wish people would learn that there's a search tool for the specific thread you're reading, located right at the top of the thread window and below the tags it reads:
SEARCH THIS THREAD! Can you even imagine how many fewer duplicate posts we'd have?[/QUOTE]

Honestly this is the first time ive ever seen a search feature within a post. LOL. Thanks for letting me know, will use in the future!

[quote name='Sanges99']I really wish people would learn that there's a search tool for the specific thread you're reading, located right at the top of the thread window and below the tags it reads:
SEARCH THIS THREAD! Can you even imagine how many fewer duplicate posts we'd have?

Like when the tenth person asks for opinions on a sale item that's already been discussed at great lengths, "Search the thread!"

Or how it's been mentioned nearly a dozen time times that Major Nelson immediately removed Dragonborn DLC from the sale items list almost two weeks ago, "Search the thread!"

Now, I'm going to head back inside to grab my high-blood-pressure medication & my cane, then sit back on my porch to wait for all the youngens who are about to tramp all over my lawn and whine that Games On Demand can only be bought with a credit card and they don't understand why the prices are listed in MSP. :oldman:
(I am NOT going to include the links to all of those comments, scrrrrew that. ;))[/QUOTE]

And I really wish people would stop jumping on a poster for asking an innocent question. I never understand why people get so riled up cause someone dares ask a duplicate question in a big thread like this.

[quote name='GamerDude316']And I really wish people would stop jumping on a poster for asking an innocent question. I never understand why people get so riled up cause someone dares ask a duplicate question in a big thread like this.[/QUOTE]
Because we don't have time for that! I Have to tell you how I feel about Spelunky and what I hope is going to be on sale! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

[quote name='bardockkun']Because we don't have time for that! I Have to tell you how I feel about Spelunky and what I hope is going to be on sale! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!![/QUOTE]

Well...

How do you feel about Spelunky?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Honestly this is the first time ive ever seen a search feature within a post. LOL. Thanks for letting me know, will use in the future![/QUOTE]
You're welcome. Sorry to get crotchety, the timing just seemed right. :booty:

[quote name='w00dm4n']Well...
How do you feel about Spelunky?[/QUOTE]
:twoguns:SEARCH THE DAMN THREAD!

ahem, j/k!

[quote name='Sanges99']You're welcome. Sorry to get crotchety, the timing just seemed right. :booty:

:twoguns:SEARCH THE DAMN THREAD!

ahem, j/k![/QUOTE]

how do i do that?

So what are the chances the Two Worlds II DLC is a price drop? 400 points is not a lot but at this point I have no idea if I will be getting to it.

Edit: Is the Xbox website messed up? The lists for add ons are so messed up and it is not showing up as purchased for things I already have.

Has anyone with a 3D TV bought the The Pirates of the Flying fortress DLC? It is "supposed" to have 3D but I can't get mine to work. I even e-mailed Topware even though they were not helpful in the least.

[quote name='cancerman1120']

Edit: Is the Xbox website messed up? The lists for add ons are so messed up and it is not showing up as purchased for things I already have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's been like that for me all day.

Trying to play a game of Ghost Recon with my friend and it won't let us connect, so yeah definitely something wrong with Live right now it seems.

[quote name='cancerman1120']
Edit: Is the Xbox website messed up? The lists for add ons are so messed up and it is not showing up as purchased for things I already have.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's been like that for me since the cloud thing a couple days ago. Do you know if the marketplace is fine on the 360 ?

The format of the marketplace game lists is broken for me and trying to click on the support part of the site brings up a nasty error page. They might want to fix that before the big sale starts.

I have taken the updated list with the links and prices of each game on xbox.com and gamespot and tweaked it a bit and included prices for Amazon and BestBuy.
Credits to whomever started it

I could have linked each price to their respective site, but that would have exceeded the char limit imposed on each post and I didn't want to separate it by creating 2 posts

Prices based on...

• Xbox 360 Console as this is a XBL sale
  • Cheapest version as of this moment and that would generally be the USED version
  • Vanilla version since most games listed on xbox.com are the vanilla ver. Some other version however are the same price if not cheaper (Batman AA: GOTY is an example being almost at the same price as the vanilla version if not lower and it includes all DLCs)
Note: These prices may or may not be reflective of the exact price. They are merely a side by side comparison of the general price of each game. This is to help you choose whether or not to buy it during this sale

Legend:
Green = Xbox.com
Orange = Amazon
Blue = BestBuy
Red = GameStop

Assassin's Creed $20 | $15 | $20 | $20
Assassin's Creed II $20 | $15 | $15 | $20
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $20 | $13 | $18 | $20
Assassin's Creed Revelations $30 | $17 | $10 | $20
Batman Arkham Asylum $30 | $13 | $18 | $15
Batman Arkham City $30 | $17 | $18 | $18
BioShock $20 | $15 | $10 | $18
Borderlands $20 | $16 | $15 | $18
Borderlands 2 $60 | $40 | $45 | $38
Call of Duty 2 $20 | $9 | $10 | $5
Call of Duty 3 $20 | $9 | $13 | $8
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $20 | $10 | $10 | $13
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $30 | $10 | $20 | $15
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $60 | $15 | $30 | $20
Call of Duty: Black Ops $50 | $15 | $30 | $25
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $60 | $40 | $38 | $55
Call of Duty: World at War $20 | $10 | $18 | $13
Call of Juarez $20 | $10 | $8 | $10
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements $20 | $5 | $10 | $5
Dead Island $20 | $15 | $18 | $18
Dirt 2 $30 | $20 | $10 | $20
Dishonored $60 | $30 | $50 | $55
El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron $20 | $10 | $18 | $15
Fable III $20 | $9 | $10 | $10
Fallout 3 $15 | $7 | $10 | $7
Fallout: New Vegas $20 | $10 | $13 | $13
GRID $30 | $20 | $18 | $15
Halo 3 $30 | $10 | $8 | $10
Halo 4 $60 | $35 | $38 | $38
Halo Reach $30 | $11 | $18 | $20
Halo Wars $30 | $14 | $15 | $20
Kane & Lynch Dead Men $20 | $10 | $13 | $5
Left 4 Dead 2 $30 | $25 | $25 | $45
Max Payne 3 $30 | $15 | $18 | $25
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $30 | $30 | $25 | $28
(NOTE: Disc version contains MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker)
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition $20 | N/A | N/A | N/A
(NOTE: No disc version outside of Japan)
Mortal Kombat $50 | $20 | $18 | $18
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe $20 | $15 | $18 | $28
The Orange Box $20 | $15 | $18 | $35
Portal 2 $30 | $20 | $18 | $35
Rayman Raving Rabbids $20 | $11 | $15 | $13
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD $20 | N/A | N/A | N/A
Resident Evil 4 HD $20 | N/A | N/A | N/A
Resident Evil 5 $20 | $15 | $15 | $15
Resident Evil 6 $40 | $20 | $25 | $28
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $40 | $10 | $18 | $15
Red Dead Redemption $30 | $14 | $18 | $20
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution $30 | $16 | $18 | $30
Street Fighter IV $20 | $10 | $8 | $10
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition $30 | $16 | $35 | $20
Street Fighter X Tekken $40 | $15 | $18 | $18
Tekken 6 $20 | $15 | $18 | $20
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $50 | $30 | $35 | $35
The Darkness $20 | $5 | $5 | $7
The King of Fighters XIII $30 | $30 | $38 | $25
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter $20 | $5 | $5 | $3
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 $20 | $5 | $10 | $4
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. $20 | $10 | $13 | $10
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas $20 | $5 | $5 | $3
Tomb Raider Legend $30 | $10 | $8 | $10
Virtua Fighter 5 $20 | $7 | $18 | $5
(NOTE: Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown is available on XBLA for 1200 points)

You know, finally playing Limbo after it was on sale as the loser prize in the scratch and win thing I gotta say...I fucking hate this game. It's just not very rewarding, nor do I feel a sense of pride when I complete a specific spot. It's just "ugh, done with this shit now I gotta get over this other part so I can say I finished this game." Just nothing pulls me in and so many deaths just feel frustrating as opposed to me learning something. Games like Super Meat Boy I can say at least have plenty of charm to make up for it...this game, nope. Nothing.

[quote name='bardockkun']You know, finally playing Limbo after it was on sale as the loser prize in the scratch and win thing I gotta say...I fucking hate this game. It's just not very rewarding, nor do I feel a sense of pride when I complete a specific spot. It's just "ugh, done with this shit now I gotta get over this other part so I can say I finished this game." Just nothing pulls me in and so many deaths just feel frustrating as opposed to me learning something. Games like Super Meat Boy I can say at least have plenty of charm to make up for it...this game, nope. Nothing.[/QUOTE]
I liked Limbo a lot, but I can see why it's a polarizing game. If you're frustrated now, I hope you're not planning to aim for the achievement where you finish with only five deaths :)

[quote name='bardockkun']You know, finally playing Limbo after it was on sale as the loser prize in the scratch and win thing I gotta say...I fucking hate this game. It's just not very rewarding, nor do I feel a sense of pride when I complete a specific spot. It's just "ugh, done with this shit now I gotta get over this other part so I can say I finished this game." Just nothing pulls me in and so many deaths just feel frustrating as opposed to me learning something. Games like Super Meat Boy I can say at least have plenty of charm to make up for it...this game, nope. Nothing.[/QUOTE]

Completely disagree. I thought limbo was fantastic.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Completely disagree. I thought limbo was fantastic.[/QUOTE]
I concur. I enjoyed Limbo very much. The setting alone was so alluring. It kept me wanting more.

As for this sale... I am finally going to buy The Orange Box. I have never played through Half Life 2. Once the sale goes live, I am in...

I didn't HATE it but I think it was way waaaaaaaaaay overrated. I enjoyed the first area or two but after that it just became this extremely stale, derivative feeling platformer.

[quote name='iRandom']I have taken the updated list with the links and prices of each game on xbox.com and gamespot and tweaked it a bit and included prices for Amazon and BestBuy.
Credits to whomever started it

I could have linked each price to their respective site, but that would have exceeded the char limit imposed on each post and I didn't want to separate it by creating 2 posts

Prices based on...

• Xbox 360 Console as this is a XBL sale
  • Cheapest version as of this moment and that would generally be the USED version
  • Vanilla version since most games listed on xbox.com are the vanilla ver. Some other version however are the same price if not cheaper (Batman AA: GOTY is an example being almost at the same price as the vanilla version if not lower and it includes all DLCs)
Note: These prices may or may not be reflective of the exact price. They are merely a side by side comparison of the general price of each game. This is to help you choose whether or not to buy it during this sale

Legend:
Green = Xbox.com
Orange = Amazon
Blue = BestBuy
Red = GameStop

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the hard work. You Amazon prices are way off though. Could be due to price fluctuations maybe?

[quote name='JKSonic']I didn't HATE it but I think it was way waaaaaaaaaay overrated. I enjoyed the first area or two but after that it just became this extremely stale, derivative feeling platformer.[/QUOTE]

hey man making it black and white allows it to transcend mediocrity by invoking protoemotions in people!!!!11

[quote name='ooga']Thanks for the hard work. You Amazon prices are way off though. Could be due to price fluctuations maybe?[/QUOTE]

Some of the amazon prices are based on individual sellers and not particularly from amazon themselves. I based it on how much you could get it on amazon
You could update the prices if you want

[quote name='iRandom']
You could update the prices if you want[/QUOTE]

No thanks. I don't have your kind of will power/time to do this effort. :)

Wow, some of those GoD prices are ridiculous. Starting to think that it's unlikely that many of them will reach (let alone beat) Amazon prices for physical versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back