XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shinn']i made a thread about this issue, but does anyone know if halo wars comes with the dlc like the platinum version does?[/QUOTE]

All GonD on the marketplace DO NOT comes with any DLC include, only (if needed) the online pass (ex. alice and a few others), this is the big difference between the PS3 full games sold on the PSN, some of them are indeed GOTY.

Warning about Rayman Raving Rabbids: it has one Achievement that is completely impossible to get by as it requires an impossibly high score. No one in the world has the full 1000, and Ubisoft never fixed it.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a18797/rayman-loves-challenge-achievement.htm?showguides=1

[quote name='Zonic505']Coming to Xbox Live blog post, plus all the additional GoD sales going on.

Sega Model 2 fighters for only $2 yeeeeeees.[/QUOTE]

Music to my ears! I'll buy them all up come March 5.

[quote name='sehpirot']All GonD on the marketplace DO NOT comes with any DLC include, only (if needed) the online pass (ex. alice and a few others), this is the big difference between the PS3 full games sold on the PSN, some of them are indeed GOTY.[/QUOTE]

incorrect about that statement, i bought batman ac and got catwoman dlc for free.

[quote name='shinn']incorrect about that statement, i bought batman ac and got catwoman dlc for free.[/QUOTE]
The Catwoman DLC does act as the online pass for that game, though.

Heading into the OP.

[quote name='eastx']Warning about Rayman Raving Rabbids: it has one Achievement that is completely impossible to get by as it requires an impossibly high score. No one in the world has the full 1000, and Ubisoft never fixed it.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a18797/rayman-loves-challenge-achievement.htm?showguides=1
[/QUOTE]

Looks like there are 3 unobtainable achievements. I'd seen it in the top scoring list on TrueAchievements before, but hadn't really looked into the achievements. If those achievements were possible, I wonder if the score for the game would be higher, since those achievements have a higher score requirement than the current highest value achievement, or lower, since people are probably avoiding the game because they can't 100% the achievements.

[quote name='Ubichu']What's the difference between Virtua Fighter 5 and Virtua Fighter 5: The Final Showdown? I already have the latter from a previous 600 MSP sale.[/QUOTE]

VF5 Final Showdown is an updated version of the game with rebalanced characters and also two characters not in the original disc release (Jean Kujo and returning character Taka Arashi). VF5 FS is a better game in every way and the netcode is quite solid.

[quote name='Eggman']VF5 Final Showdown is an updated version of the game with rebalanced characters and also two characters not in the original disc release (Jean Kujo and returning character Taka Arashi). VF5 FS is a better game in every way and the netcode is quite solid.[/QUOTE]

Unless you plan on playing the game solo a bit since the single player was basically stripped out of the XBLA game. I understand that may not be your focus but it's still a fair point to say it is no way a better game in every aspect since one big aspect isn't even there.

Is El Shaddi worth $3? Most likely won't get to it for awhile but if I heard some decent things. I will also try the demo later, but still wanted to know what my fellow CAG's felt about it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is El Shaddi worth $3? Most likely won't get to it for awhile but if I heard some decent things. I will also try the demo later, but still wanted to know what my fellow CAG's felt about it.[/QUOTE]

its pretty even response across the board-the art style is amazing, but repeditive gameplay and lackluster mechanics make it eye candy that you might be bored with half way through. i love crazy art style games, and $3 is chump change, def. worth it!

[quote name='biledriver']Unless you plan on playing the game solo a bit since the single player was basically stripped out of the XBLA game. I understand that may not be your focus but it's still a fair point to say it is no way a better game in every aspect since one big aspect isn't even there.[/QUOTE]

Even if you play single player, FS is still a better game. Having a bunch of busywork doesn't make something better, the gameplay does. FS does still have its own mission mode, it just doesn't have 1100 fights against AI opponents. Eliminating that massive borefest of quest mode makes it better. If all you care about is having a large amount of "stuff" to do without regards to the quality of the actual game then you might as well not even play it at all.

This is the first I've heard something negative about Quest Mode. It's been in the series for a while now and everyone loves it. Sega often does have this one-step-forward, one-step-back approach when they add new stuff to their games but also strip other content.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Just a quick note for those who stupidly bought El Shaddai at the inflated MSP price like I did:

Call customer support, they'll refund the difference![/QUOTE]

They refunded me the full amount because I am classified as a highly valued customer.

Is it just me, or is the huge list of games with tons of colored numbers in the OP really distracting? I know a lot of work went into it, but I actually think the OP would be better served if we just took it out and listed the GoD weekly deals and then the daily deals, just like we do with every normal sale. Thoughts?

I was sure I wasn't going to spend any MSPs on this sale, but as always: you price games I have no interest in low enough and I will buy them. Good job Microsoft. I thought anything that was going to priced really low this week was going to be bottom of the barrel crap like last time. This stuff aint bad at all. The only games I have already are El Shaddai, Bioshock, and VF 5. So the rest are all under consideration. I can't believe I am actually considering buying a "traditional" Tomb Raider game. This is how far I've sunk......

The problem now is that I have to clear up some space on the old HD. I FINALLY removed the piece of free garbage called Discovered, so I have a little more room. But 10 GB free will not go very far. Time to do some housecleaning I suppose. And yes, I know that I don't have to download every game I buy. I just want to. :)

It's nice to see the Sega games are getting discounted this soon. I already have VF5:FS and Sonic the Fighters (160 MSPs is still a rip off for this one folks, just think of it as buying 400GS and you'll feel better about your purchase). I guess I'll pick up the rest for nostalgia (read: easy 400 points) sake.

As for the Kinect games. I bought Crashed Ice on Saturday so obviously they have to put it on sale this week. It's the definition of mediocrity. I would hesitate to pick it up even at 160 MSPs.

Just a reminder, the new month is only a couple of days away. I am holding off on making any purchases to see what the rewards program offers for March. You may want to do the same thing unless there's something in the 1-day sales that catches your eye.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is it just me, or is the huge list of games with tons of colored numbers in the OP really distracting? I know a lot of work went into it, but I actually think the OP would be better served if we just took it out and listed the GoD weekly deals and then the daily deals, just like we do with every normal sale. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I appreciate all the work that went into compiling that list, but honestly there is little use for it. Especially that it's not even a comprehensive list and the prices are off. I suggest removing it to make the OP a bit more manageable and less cluttered since it will grow significantly in the next few days.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is it just me, or is the huge list of games with tons of colored numbers in the OP really distracting? I know a lot of work went into it, but I actually think the OP would be better served if we just took it out and listed the GoD weekly deals and then the daily deals, just like we do with every normal sale. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I think it's good. You can see how good of a deal everything is.

[quote name='Bloomy']I'm done in the OP.

Major Nelson updated his GoD sale blog entry that they are aware of the conversion issue with using MSP to buy the games (included a note in the OP about that) and asks that people "hold off for a bit".

http://majornelson.com/2013/02/26/additional-xbox-live-ultimate-game-sale-items-on-sale/[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bloomy! I spent an hour on the Gamefly sale OP (before Cheapy Stepped in) so I wasn't really dying to work on this one...

Gears of War 3 season pass is 50% off is pretty good, right? Is this the lowest price it ever been, or did I missed a better sale on this in the past?

To any Canadians out there, do you know why the Halo games are almost double the American prices here (except for Halo 4)?
Halo 3 and Reach are $20 and Wars is $15.

I've never seen this before. All GoD games used to be the same price for us as well as the states. What's even more weird is that the rest of the games are priced the same as they are in the States.

[quote name='Masters_93']To any Canadians out there, do you know why the Halo games are almost double the American prices here (except for Halo 4)?
Halo 3 and Reach are $20 and Wars is $15.

I've never seen this before. All GoD games used to be the same price for us as well as the states. What's even more weird is that the rest of the games are priced the same as they are in the States.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly Dirt 2 is ringing up $2.99 in Canada so you get one treat :)

[quote name='Eggman']Even if you play single player, FS is still a better game. Having a bunch of busywork doesn't make something better, the gameplay does. FS does still have its own mission mode, it just doesn't have 1100 fights against AI opponents. Eliminating that massive borefest of quest mode makes it better. If all you care about is having a large amount of "stuff" to do without regards to the quality of the actual game then you might as well not even play it at all.[/QUOTE]

You simply don't get why people play certain fighters. The people who played them for systems that had no online and you had to wait for friends to come over. As someone below you posted, most people loved the quest mode for it's additional gameplay. Balance tweaks and such are only important to those who take the game very seriously.

[quote name='Zizi']Gears of War 3 season pass is 50% off is pretty good, right? Is this the lowest price it ever been, or did I missed a better sale on this in the past?[/QUOTE]
I Think cheapest it's ever been was around 1800 points or so. So yeah, cheapest it'll get for awhile.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Supposedly Dirt 2 is ringing up $2.99 in Canada so you get one treat :)[/QUOTE]
Haha yeah it is, but check other games (take out en-US and put en-CA) and you'll see some games are priced ridiculously high. For example, GRID is listed at $10.

Although it may have to do with the site not updating properly since GRID shows up as 2.49 pounds (my browser likes to redirect to the UK site) instead of the price here.

[quote name='captpluto9465']I don't really play Gears 3 MP anymore, so I don't think I'll go for the season pass. Is Raam's Shadow worth it at 600 MSP?[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed RS

Would be enough to hold you over until judgement.

Meh already own El Shaddai (bought it for 8€ some time ago)

Was considering Dark Messiah and Kane & Lynch...well only 2 people completed Kan & Lynch and Dark Messiah has some horrible online achievements which requires 8 players...and I assume the game is DEAD online lol...raving rabbids has unobtainable achievements...so..nothing left for me right now...anyway still very good sale for people that don't care for stuff like this lol

What do you think about putting the reference prices as an indented bullet? I think it's helpful to have all those prices available (even if they're off by a couple of bucks, you get a clear idea of what's a deal vs a DEAL.) But, limiting the top-level bullets to game and green sale price would do a lot for skimmability.

I've actually been addicted to ME3 MP more in the past year to the exclusion of most other MP. The free map packs, weapons and characters have really spoiled me.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']well only 2 people completed Kan & Lynch[/QUOTE]
Two achievements for reaching the #2 and #1 spots on the global ranked leaderboard for the multiplayer... Brutal!

[quote name='Blade3D']Is Halo Wars worth getting the GoD? Or should I just pick up a disc copy?[/QUOTE]

the platinum hits version comes with DLC

[quote name='gotdott']the platinum hits version comes with DLC[/QUOTE]

Is the DLC worth it? I almost have convinced myself just to get the GoD version.

[quote name='Blade3D']Is the DLC worth it? I almost have convinced myself just to get the GoD version.[/QUOTE]

It's all multiplayer and no one plays it online so no.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks Bloomy! I spent an hour on the Gamefly sale OP (before Cheapy Stepped in) so I wasn't really dying to work on this one...[/QUOTE]

No problem.

For the GoD sale formatting, how about using icons instead of colors? Could also include the regular marketplace price with a
iconxbox360.gif
, but I think people are used to the thread's X% off format.

BioShock - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb -
iconamazon.gif
$15 -
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 -
icongs_r1.gif
$18

[quote name='Zizi']Gears of War 3 season pass is 50% off is pretty good, right? Is this the lowest price it ever been, or did I missed a better sale on this in the past?[/QUOTE]

The XBLDB links in the OP link to a price history. This is the 3rd time the Season Pass has been on sale, both times were 1 day sales - holiday 2011 for 1,800 and last September for 1,200 as part of a week of season pass daily deals.

[quote name='captpluto9465']I don't really play Gears 3 MP anymore, so I don't think I'll go for the season pass. Is Raam's Shadow worth it at 600 MSP?[/QUOTE]
It's definitely a good campaign add-on. Personally, I'd rate it a notch below Minerva's Den from BioShock 2 and the Secret Armory of General Knoxx from Borderlands. You should get 600 MSP worth out of it, but if you aren't planning on playing it soon, it should eventually have a sale at 400.

[quote name='Blaster man']It's all multiplayer and no one plays it online so no.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, in that case I'll probably get the GoD, thanks.

[quote name='Bloomy']It's definitely a good campaign add-on. Personally, I'd rate it a notch below Minerva's Den from BioShock 2 and the Secret Armory of General Knoxx from Borderlands. You should get 600 MSP worth out of it, but if you aren't planning on playing it soon, it should eventually have a sale at 400.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the person you're responding to, but thanks for the advice. I'm low on MSP (and real money) right now, and I'd been waiting for RAAM's Shadow to go on sale. I'd rather get a full game through the GoD sale, though, so I'll just wait!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The Gears Season pass is worthless at this point. Online play is a joke and that's on a good day.[/QUOTE]

How??

There's lots of people online.
I hoped on a few days ago and it took less than 30 seconds to find a KotH match. There were even more people in the TDM playlist so population is high.

[quote name='Bloomy']No problem.

For the GoD sale formatting, how about using icons instead of colors? Could also include the regular marketplace price with a
iconxbox360.gif
, but I think people are used to the thread's X% off format.

BioShock - 400 MSP ($5.00) - 75% off - xbldb -
iconamazon.gif
$15 -
iconbestbuy.gif
$10 -
icongs_r1.gif
$18[/QUOTE]

I personally think that looks a million times better. Let's go with that, in my opinion.

Thank you to everyone else who made suggestions. I personally won't get any use out of that list, but it seems that some of the people here will, so we might as well leave it.

I'm gonna go into the OP and work on it for a little bit.

Probably talking about the community and/or playstyle rather than the population. I got tired of the constant shotgunning in competitive last year. I picked up Raam's Shadow, been itching for some campaign gameplay.

What about putting the comparison prices in a spoiler tag so those who want to see it can click on it and those that don't care don't have a buttload of information on each line?

El Shaddai is the best game i have ever played on Xbox. If you don't have it, this should be an INSTANT purchase. It combines amazing 3D hack/slash, some sidescrolling stages, and a vehicle stage that absolutely blew my mind.

lol i was looking at far cry 3 under GoD and it states, this game requires a kinect sensor....... shitty . i was so pumped to play this.. if i get it for PS3 do i have to get PS move too?

[quote name='shinn']lol i was looking at far cry 3 under GoD and it states, this game requires a kinect sensor....... shitty . i was so pumped to play this.. if i get it for PS3 do i have to get PS move too?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't require a Kinect sensor at all. I finished it and never needed one. You don't need the Move for the PS3 version either. There isn't any Move or Kinect functionality that I'm aware of and it'd be crazy if I somehow overlooked it considering I finished pretty much everything in both of them.

[quote name='shinn']lol i was looking at far cry 3 under GoD and it states, this game requires a kinect sensor....... shitty . i was so pumped to play this.. if i get it for PS3 do i have to get PS move too?[/QUOTE]

GoD sits on a throne of lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back