XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played a RE game before. I own 4 (HD release) and 5 (gold) but have yet to play them. Is Code Veronica a good pickup for me at $5? Should I start there before 4?

I'm definitely feeling the burn on Nexuiz, even having only spent 200 MSP. I saw it coming but have had to share the TV more (read: suffer, a lot) while the laptop is away for repair. Have I mentioned that I loathe probably 80% of what the girlfriend watches? Anyway - I'm definitely gonna sink some time into MP-only games in the near future and may hit you folks up for some boosting.

RE4, Code Veronica, and Gears 3 season pass for 2400 total... yup, time to stock up on points. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gospelman']I haven't played a RE game before. I own 4 (HD release) and 5 (gold) but have yet to play them. Is Code Veronica a good pickup for me at $5? Should I start there before 4?[/QUOTE]

If I may quote myself...

[quote name='Junpei']If you never played any Resident Evil before Code: Veronica you're going to be quite confused: past characters and events are referenced a lot, and the story is rather twisted to begin with. It is advisable to read at least a recap of past games somewhere.

I found this YouTube playlist last October while I was searching for something to summarize the story up until RE4, so you can take a look too as it helped me immensely: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL81A4B767A6CDA3DF[/QUOTE]

And yes, IMO Code: Veronica X is a great bang for your 5 bucks :)

What are people's impressions of the HD upgrade quality of RE4? I played the game back on GCN back in the day and then picked it up again for the Wii, so I have played the extras.

[quote name='linkbear']What are people's impressions of the HD upgrade quality of RE4? I played the game back on GCN back in the day and then picked it up again for the Wii, so I have played the extras.[/QUOTE]
The Wii version is still the superior one, gameplay wise. The HD upgrades to RE4 are great, but the biggest problem is in Ada's campaign during the cut scenes and some of her QTE's they come off looking super fuzzy and stretched out. Everything else looks great though.

[quote name='linkbear']What are people's impressions of the HD upgrade quality of RE4? I played the game back on GCN back in the day and then picked it up again for the Wii, so I have played the extras.[/QUOTE]

It's more sharp and clear than the Wii version, that's for sure, but it doesn't really add anything new if you already played that... textures and polygon count are exactly the same, and you'll find nothing even remotely comparable to what fans have done with PC mods. It's just a straight up port with better resolution and visual fidelity, that's all.

Code Veronica bought for 160msp from Hungarian marketplace! Love some classic RE. From what i remember, before i didn't finish it, so this deal is absolutely amazing for me.:bouncy:

RE4 - 400msp.

RE6 is 1480msp there. Still too much for this game.

[quote name='Sath666']Code Veronica bought for 160msp from Hungarian marketplace! Love some classic RE. From what i remember, before i didn't finish it, so this deal is absolutely amazing for me.:bouncy:

RE4 - 400msp.

RE6 is 1480msp there. Still too much for this game.[/QUOTE]

damn thats hella cheap. are the re games region locked?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']damn thats hella cheap. are the re games region locked?[/QUOTE]

Code Veronica is not locked at least for people from EU. Don't know about other RE's.

[quote name='Sath666']Code Veronica is not locked at least for people from EU. Don't know about other RE's.[/QUOTE]

damn, im in us. so i cant play cvx on my us account?

I had Tons of Fun playing RE Code Veronica an Nemesis ob my dreamcast, Same for RE4 on my Gamecube, only Thing i regret is that i bought RE 4 and Veronica Day 1 on the xbox and haven't played them yet..

I really hope the first black ops is on sale for 10.00, but I have a feeling it will be 20.00. I'd love having it on my HDD just to play whenever.

XBLA prices on asia marketplace that i've bothered to confirm:

RE Code:V - 280 MSP
RE4 - 440 MSP
Gird 2 - 1120 MSP
Dirt 2 - region locked
Darkness - 440 MSP (vs 400 MSP on other marketplaces)
GRAW1 - 280 MSP
GRAW2 - 280 MSP
Kane & Lynch - 440 MSP
DMoM&M - region locked
El Shaddai - region locked
VF5 - 1600 MSP

RE5 - 920 MSP
RE ORC - 1360 MSP
RE6 - 1800 MSP

Probably too late but anyways
AC - 920 MSP
AC2 - 920 MSP
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - region locked
AC Rev - 1120 MSP

Was a nice surprise to see Resident Evil 6 for $9.95 or 600 msp. I am in Australia too.
Hope it is region free for everyone else to get.
How much was the discount, 50%? I am sure this is a saving of more than 50% for Australia, might be a mistake, not complaining though.

Is the code veronica X the same game that was on the gamecube? I'm guessing it's a remake in HD but was wondering if someone could confirm.

[quote name='Sath666']Code Veronica bought for 160msp from Hungarian marketplace! Love some classic RE. From what i remember, before i didn't finish it, so this deal is absolutely amazing for me.:bouncy:

RE4 - 400msp.

RE6 is 1480msp there. Still too much for this game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah tried last night. Once again the US misses out. Oh well. Still going to get CVX for 400. So far only been able to get DA2 for a cheaper price off Hungarian marketplace.

[quote name='Indiana']Is the code veronica X the same game that was on the gamecube? I'm guessing it's a remake in HD but was wondering if someone could confirm.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was on the GC as well.

Just a quick warning for people buying RE4 using overseas accounts. I bought it way back when it was 800 pts on my Canadian account whilst I was in Australia (still haven't done a migration) and I have not been able to download it as I need to do it over VPN and still haven't been able to sort it out. Just be aware that if you buy it through an overseas account you might run into the same issue. I think the strategy is to VPN just the first 2% and the last 2% of a download as it seems to be just those bits of the files that have some sort of region-lock with them. I'm not too familiar with it. Once that happened I just put RE4 on my backlog and will sort it out later. But take it as a warning.

I was checking the requirements for Code: Veronica extra weapons 'n stuff, and man that rocket launcher is insane to get: you have to do a speed run without dying, using sprays, pausing ('cause it adds to the overall time) or watching cutscenes, nor checking a map because, well, there isn't one... basically, you have to know the game by heart and play it to perfection.

It's incredible to think how much time I had back then to even try similar things... and how much I miss those days... :cry:

[quote name='bardockkun']Could've done without mentioning the movies. Those movies don't benefit the franchise in anyway. Otherwise, yeah, 3 console generations and people having never played it is pretty amazing.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a lot of people that don't particularly enjoy "scary" games. I know I'm one of them, and had never bothered with the Resident Evil series before last year. The only reason I bothered to check it out is because 4 is considered one of the best games ever, so I figured I'd better check it out. I loved 4 so I played 5 and really liked it. I tried messing around with 1-3 which I got from PS+, but it just wasn't happening. I think it would take real dedication for anyone who started with RE4 or later to go back and try to play the early games.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Know of no one and don't even know of people who know of people who became RE fans because of the films. Then again I know of no one who even likes those films.[/QUOTE]

i never said the films were good

the point is if you play a lot of video games and one particular game inspired numerous movies, i figured a gamer would've played a resident evil game by now

[quote name='dark_inchworm']All gamers must play all the classics or else they're losers, trufax[/QUOTE]

yeah sure that's exactly what i said:roll:

people here have played el shaddai but haven't played a single game in a world famous gaming franchise that inspired many movies

i'm such a jerk for being surprised by that:roll:

RE6 for 600MSP! Few gaming related moments where its nice to live in Australia.

Now if someone can sell me 200MSP, I can actually buy it! (Drop me a PM).

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']On another note I'm downloading my Beta Copy of BattleBlock Theater right now...kinda excited how it will play =)[/QUOTE]

same here :)

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']On another note I'm downloading my Beta Copy of BattleBlock Theater right now...kinda excited how it will play =)[/QUOTE]

Downloading it too - can't wait.

Count me in for Battleblock Theater! Can't wait to give it a go after work. Totally unrelated, the second Sonic kart racer is a hell of a lot harder than the first.

[quote name='biledriver']No, you're just an obnoxious troll[/QUOTE]

why are you still upset over me saying i don't like playing 20 year old games? somebody is not a troll for saying things that you don't agree with

at 37 you should know better than that

[quote name='bardockkun']I Know of no one and don't even know of people who know of people who became RE fans because of the films. Then again I know of no one who even likes those films.[/QUOTE]

I liked the first movie. All the RE fans just got butthurt because it isn't RE.

I downloaded it this morning and played through the first chapter and im really liking the game now to wait until 9pm est. To play it online it should be good as well.

Considering buying RE5. What would I have to buy on the marketplace to equal the Gold version? I see they sell the untold stories bundle. Does that cover it? I'm not interested in the multiplayer modes just want the two stories and different mercenaries...

Also to weigh in on the debate....I never got into 4. Enjoyed all the others before that one and 5 seemed to ease me into the control scheme by having Sheva around to help me. I really appreciated the story of CV though. I never could beat the 1st Alexia though...

[quote name='Barry Burton']why are you still upset over me saying i don't like playing 20 year old games? somebody is not a troll for saying things that you don't agree with

at 37 you should know better than that[/QUOTE]

You're a troll or a douchebag for calling people mentally ill or suckers because they have backlogs in PMs and you try to bait people into arguments with you. Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

[quote name='mitch079']You're a troll or a douchebag for calling people mentally ill or suckers because they have backlogs in PMs and you try to bait people into arguments with you. Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.[/QUOTE]

Haha with your avatar, it totally reminded me of this, not sure if it was what you were going for.

straw.jpg

[quote name='mitch079']You're a troll or a douchebag for calling people mentally ill or suckers because they have backlogs in PMs and you try to bait people into arguments with you. Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.[/QUOTE]

did i send you a private message or your boyfriend mitchyyyyyy mitchyyyyyy

I'll board this train too I guess.
[quote name='Barry Burton']
...can't believe so many people didn't play any resident evil game

the series only has about 12 games total and about 7 movies, none of you even know my user name is a character in the first game[/QUOTE]
Really, are you sure that none of the users on a gaming website knew that?
[quote name='Junpei']"That was too close! You were almost a Jill sandwich!"[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure that Junpei isn't the only one either. Although I would've went with:
"Jill, here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you." Or the classic, "A dinning room..." as he walks into a dinning room.:lol:

How does one tell if certain games are region locked from other marketplaces or not? I remember getting Darksiders off the Hungarian marketplace when it was on sale, and it works just fine.

[quote name='chuckie88']I'll board this train too I guess.

Really, are you sure that none of the users on a gaming website knew that?

.[/QUOTE]

not all of them, don't be so literal

[quote name='Barry Burton']not all of them, don't be so literal[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have been difficult for you to say that a lot of people on this board don't know the origin of your username.

[quote name='RCS0926']Wouldn't have been difficult for you to say that a lot of people on this board don't know the origin of your username.[/QUOTE]

and it wouldn't have been difficult to know that i wasn't being 100% literal

[quote name='irafreak']Considering buying RE5. What would I have to buy on the marketplace to equal the Gold version? I see they sell the untold stories bundle. Does that cover it? I'm not interested in the multiplayer modes just want the two stories and different mercenaries...

Also to weigh in on the debate....I never got into 4. Enjoyed all the others before that one and 5 seemed to ease me into the control scheme by having Sheva around to help me. I really appreciated the story of CV though. I never could beat the 1st Alexia though...[/QUOTE]

The Untold Stories Bundle and Versus would cover everything that comes with the Gold Version. It's $24 on Amazon now, so it's only a small price difference between getting that or the GoD version and DLC.
One thing, though, in the Gold Version the DLC comes as a code and not on disc, so don't buy it used.

[quote name='irafreak']Considering buying RE5. What would I have to buy on the marketplace to equal the Gold version? I see they sell the untold stories bundle. Does that cover it? I'm not interested in the multiplayer modes just want the two stories and different mercenaries...

..[/QUOTE]
All of the DLC.
The gold edition has the costumes and all of the SP and MP DLC

[quote name='NoelVermillion']I'm passing up on CV. I hated those tank controllers from OG days of RE. Thank God, capcom changed the controller scheme for PT. 4 and on.[/QUOTE]

This is making me wish there was a demo. I haven't played any of the old RE games, so I have even less of an idea what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back