XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ordered 4000 MSP from CrazyGameTime about 12 hours ago but put off actually redeeming the code until after I left work, and now I realize they never sent the code. Here's hoping their customer service doesn't suck. In the meantime, time to spend even MORE money just to nab the RE games...

Edit: Nevermind, I lumped the emails in my "Important" folder and my "smart"-phone decided not to show those two emails alone, for whatever dumbass reason. Hop on the PC, everything's fine. There's a first time for everything, and a last time for that shit...

[quote name='irafreak']You can buy the games via a proxy but if the game can be restricted in two ways. Your IP address (location of internet connection) and your version of xbox. I was under the impression that australian xbox's and games were all PAL format while the US is NTSC so this wouldn't work.
[/QUOTE]

No. In this day and age the whole PAL/NTSC is moot. You might run into it on older TVs when you are hooked up through component cables but LCDs and Plasmas can usually handle either PAL/NTSC and as well HDMI completely just mitigates the whole notion of PAL/NTSC (thank god for the high definition age).

For instance, I live in Australia, use my Canadian bought NTSC xbox on a PAL tv with mostly NTSC games that I brought over here but also with a small backlog of PAL games I've been steadily buying here. The only issues I ever run into are when things are region-locked, which is rather rare thankfully but can be a hassle (ah Ace Combat: Assault Horizon you will never be playable). But that's probably the issue you had with CVX, not the PAL but that it's region locked to a European xbox. Hope that clears it up. There are a number of sites that show you which xbox games are region locked (80-90% aren't thankfully).

Grabbed the only 2 GoD that will be on sale that don't have a disc (RE:CVX and RE4). Given the cheap price I paid for the points, not worth the effort not having the game tied to the correct XBL idea with the region "fun."

Looks like everything else is just a "sale" on games I'm surprised many CAGs hadn't already picked up for far cheaper on disc.

Almost caved on SKULLS, but I'm sure I can get that for 400 at SOME point if they've already dropped the price after a month.

Not a regular post but these two sites might give you 90% info of which games is region free or not, or what could be play in other region.

1) search the game in http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6
We have a lot of different disc game region here in Vietnam so I checked out the site regularly for NTSC-J, PAL or NTSC compatible.

2) http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-bn-49-en.html Play-asia offers the info of the region compatibility, vividly show the game region.

3) Other than that, I have my final chance to guess: key in Google "XXX (the game) region free" to see if the search result of numerous torrent sites show that it is region free (a lot of site will show "region free") or not (some site said "locked").

Just hope that you make the right guess.

Besides, I find the day-by-day deals not good enough compare to the whole week deals (Bioshock, GRAWs...).

[quote name='skonson']No. In this day and age the whole PAL/NTSC is moot. You might run into it on older TVs when you are hooked up through component cables but LCDs and Plasmas can usually handle either PAL/NTSC and as well HDMI completely just mitigates the whole notion of PAL/NTSC (thank god for the high definition age).

For instance, I live in Australia, use my Canadian bought NTSC xbox on a PAL tv with mostly NTSC games that I brought over here but also with a small backlog of PAL games I've been steadily buying here. The only issues I ever run into are when things are region-locked, which is rather rare thankfully but can be a hassle (ah Ace Combat: Assault Horizon you will never be playable). But that's probably the issue you had with CVX, not the PAL but that it's region locked to a European xbox. Hope that clears it up. There are a number of sites that show you which xbox games are region locked (80-90% aren't thankfully).[/QUOTE]

yea i really wish the whole region system would die in a fire but then again they wouldnt be able to charge australians an arm and a leg for every game. or give japan all those exclusive games. but im sure it would get people to import games and pirate less and be less likely to have hacked systems that are region free.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']xbld picked up price drop on Skulls of the Shogun, it's now 800 points (down from 1200).[/QUOTE]

if that's permanent, i'd be upset if i bought at 1200. that was QUICK

[quote name='skonson']No. In this day and age the whole PAL/NTSC is moot. You might run into it on older TVs when you are hooked up through component cables but LCDs and Plasmas can usually handle either PAL/NTSC and as well HDMI completely just mitigates the whole notion of PAL/NTSC (thank god for the high definition age).

For instance, I live in Australia, use my Canadian bought NTSC xbox on a PAL tv with mostly NTSC games that I brought over here but also with a small backlog of PAL games I've been steadily buying here. The only issues I ever run into are when things are region-locked, which is rather rare thankfully but can be a hassle (ah Ace Combat: Assault Horizon you will never be playable). But that's probably the issue you had with CVX, not the PAL but that it's region locked to a European xbox. Hope that clears it up. There are a number of sites that show you which xbox games are region locked (80-90% aren't thankfully).[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much what I wanted to say....that the xbox's are different based on the purchased location....not so much the PAL/NTSC thing (I wasn't referring to an issue with aspect ratios like the past) but I'm glad you cleared that up better than I could.

A while back someone posted links to a couple of 32GB USB drives recommended for xbox360 storage. Anyone remember what those links are or has recommendations of their own? I had to remove 2 GoD games from my HD to make room and it's starting to bother me. Thanks :)

[quote name='sicsonic']if that's permanent, i'd be upset if i bought at 1200. that was QUICK[/QUOTE]

I bought it from ooga for (I think) $8 and I'm upset, cuz I only should have paid $6! Damn it ooga I want a refund!!!!!:bomb:

[quote name='ooga']A while back someone posted links to a couple of 32GB USB drives recommended for xbox360 storage. Anyone remember what those links are or has recommendations of their own? I had to remove 2 GoD games from my HD to make room and it's starting to bother me. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]
When my hard drive broke I used SanDisk cruzers. SanDisk makes the Microsoft version also so don't spend extra money on an Xbox paintjob. Couldn't tell the difference in load times compared to HD and they are cheap. Newegg has them for 20$, most I would pay.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']xbld picked up price drop on Skulls of the Shogun, it's now 800 points (down from 1200).[/QUOTE]

Glad I held off on this. The reviews I've read make it seem like its worth it at $10. Anyone have thoughts on this?

[quote name='emwearz']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-au/P...5-d80241560855?nosplash=1&purchase=1#LiveZone

Aussie purchase page, doubt you can buy through it, but can't hurt to try.[/QUOTE]i used a vpn and it still says $19.99 after i click on the initial $2.95 link. i think the $2.95 price is just a mistake.

EDIT: i got it to show $2.95 on the confirmation page. i simply had to change my region on xbox.com. i still can't buy it because you have to have a paypal account with an australia address or a CC with australia billing info. looks like bing points only.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I bought it from ooga for (I think) $8 and I'm upset, cuz I only should have paid $6! Damn it ooga I want a refund!!!!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I got it for free so I'm not upset =P but I feel I have to play it before nobody else does anymore lol...xbla games shouldn't have online modes they just die too fast...(if they were active in the first place)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I bought it from ooga for (I think) $8 and I'm upset, cuz I only should have paid $6! Damn it ooga I want a refund!!!!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

LOL. Don't feel bad. Last year someone got from me the code for "Haunt". Two days later it was a free download. ;)
Are you sure you got it from me? I know I traded a Skulls code to someone some time ago, but I don't see any feedback from you in the past 2 months. So I may have traded it to someone else.

[quote name='Dthib87']When my hard drive broke I used SanDisk cruzers. SanDisk makes the Microsoft version also so don't spend extra money on an Xbox paintjob. Couldn't tell the difference in load times compared to HD and they are cheap. Newegg has them for 20$, most I would pay.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I checked Amazon for the low profile version since I have a GC. Several people are saying that it fails the Xbox initial test, but works anyway. Something about "doesn't meet system requirements and may be slow". This makes me a bit hesitant to pick it up.......warnings freak me out.

[quote name='ooga']Thanks for the info. I checked Amazon for the low profile version since I have a GC. Several people are saying that it fails the Xbox initial test, but works anyway. Something about "doesn't meet system requirements and may be slow". This makes me a bit hesitant to pick it up.......warnings freak me out.[/QUOTE]
I have a couple of these and it does indeed produce that warning when you format it. Seems to work fine though.

[quote name='tribalnoise']i used a vpn and it still says $19.99 after i click on the initial $2.95 link. i think the $2.95 price is just a mistake.

EDIT: i got it to show $2.95 on the confirmation page. i simply had to change my region on xbox.com. i still can't buy it because you have to have a paypal account with an australia address or a CC with australia billing info. looks like bing points only.[/QUOTE]

You just need a VPN that allows SSL (least I believe it needs SSL as M$ uses it for security). You then create an AU account. Login to said Aussie account using the VPN and purchase. DL to XBOX. I was still under the VPN so not sure if you need an AU IP to complete DL or not.

And yes virtually all free VPNs either

1)Aren't an AU VPN as bandwidth is extremely expensive there
2) Can't pass M$ security protocols (it sees that its just rerouting the IP)
3) has no protection and can easily compromise your account

You're best bet is go with a reputable pay VPN that has a free trial.

Also just buy AU points. It's $8.25 US for 500 points. Right now BO1 is showing 480 points in AU so its basically $8 for BO1 unless you set up an AU account or want to link a credit card to a throw away account that you created on a VPN. I would ONLY do a CC by making a virtual CC through your issuing company for exactly $8.25 and delink it after.

[quote name='Bradisback']Yup all 4 of my flash drives give me the warning but have no
Problem playing GoD or xbla games at all[/QUOTE]

Transfer speed does affect access times though. You should buy better memory sticks, especially if you're playing games directly from the stick. You'll experience better loading and installation times.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You just need a VPN that allows SSL (least I believe it needs SSL as M$ uses it for security). You then create an AU account. Login to said Aussie account using the VPN and purchase. DL to XBOX. I was still under the VPN so not sure if you need an AU IP to complete DL or not.

And yes virtually all free VPNs either

1)Aren't an AU VPN as bandwidth is extremely expensive there
2) Can't pass M$ security protocols (it sees that its just rerouting the IP)
3) has no protection and can easily compromise your account

You're best bet is go with a reputable pay VPN that has a free trial.

Also just buy AU points. It's $8.25 US for 500 points. Right now BO1 is showing 480 points in AU so its basically $8 for BO1 unless you set up an AU account or want to link a credit card to a throw away account that you created on a VPN. I would ONLY do a CC by making a virtual CC through your issuing company for exactly $8.25 and delink it after.[/QUOTE]good call on buying australia msp. however, i have USA msp i bought for half off on black friday so i should just skip the trouble and buy BLOPS1 for basically $10 on the US XBL dashboard. $2.95 would have been worth the effort but not $8.25. plus i am having trouble getting my xbox live working through VPN anyway.

[quote name='tribalnoise']good call on buying australia msp. however, i have USA msp i bought for half off on black friday so i should just skip the trouble and buy BLOPS1 for basically $10 on the US XBL dashboard. $2.95 would have been worth the effort but not $8.25. plus i am having trouble getting my xbox live working through VPN anyway.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops is $20 right now, not $10. $8 is still a pretty sweet deal.

If Skulls of the Shogun were 800 points at launch as a launch deal, I probably would've gotten it but now I don't really care at this point. I'll wait for it to get cheaper.

I tried a demo of Skulls of the Shogun...Pretty fun!! :)

Waiting to see the sales on remaining games left..Then JoJo next week!

Then time to start crackin'!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If Skulls of the Shogun were 800 points at launch as a launch deal, I probably would've gotten it but now I don't really care at this point. I'll wait for it to get cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Once I had Fire Emblem 3DS in my hands, I was suddenly less excited by Skulls of the Shogun. Fire Emblem is the most delicious turn-based strategy-RPG I've ever eaten, and I'm definitely not hungry for something else yet. #nom

[quote name='Mongoose07']Black Ops is $20 right now, not $10. $8 is still a pretty sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

He was saying he bought 1600 MSP cards for $10 at target on BF. so it only cost him $10 vs if he purchased $8.25 in AU MSP right now (the equivalent to buy BO1 in AU)

[quote name='ooga']A while back someone posted links to a couple of 32GB USB drives recommended for xbox360 storage. Anyone remember what those links are or has recommendations of their own?[/QUOTE]

You, uhh, know there's a search tool located at the top of the thread that lets you search all the pages of the thread you're currently in, right...?

(This is simultaneously a callback & a pet peeve. :booty: Yeah I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but man, it wasn't even a week ago that we had that discussion & it's already scattered to the winds of internet-time.)

[quote name='kayne2000']sadly i agree and know some of those people but my main point is how the hell do COD games hold their value so well. they are like nintendo games in that regard and its annoying
[/QUOTE]
Not even Call of Duty can surpass Mario Party 8 in that area, which still goes for $40 and it sucks on top of that. It's almost as if the target demographic for both CoD and Mario Party don't know the value of a dollar, and the publisher knows it.

[quote name='tribalnoise']i used a vpn and it still says $19.99 after i click on the initial $2.95 link. i think the $2.95 price is just a mistake.

EDIT: i got it to show $2.95 on the confirmation page. i simply had to change my region on xbox.com. i still can't buy it because you have to have a paypal account with an australia address or a CC with australia billing info. looks like bing points only.[/QUOTE]

at most i can get it to 600 points. but it still comes to 9.95 if i dont do it with points. still 600 points isnt bad. its better than 19.95 or 9.95

perhaps someone can tell me what i am doing wrong???? or was the price updated?

EDIT: it seems COD2,3 and black ops 1 are 600 points yet 9.95 which i guess adds up given the currency and pricing of games in australia but in america that rounds off to about 7.50 for those games unless someone can tell me what i am doing wrong to not get the 240 price point?

[quote name='Spokker']Not even Call of Duty can surpass Mario Party 8 in that area, which still goes for $40 and it sucks on top of that. It's almost as if the target demographic for both CoD and Mario Party don't know the value of a dollar, and the publisher knows it.[/QUOTE]

Many folks will easily get several hundred hours out of a CoD game. Which can work out to .20/hour or less. Compared to most other forms of entertainment, gaming is cheap.. The difference between $40 and $20 isn't that big of a deal if it is your preferred choice for entertainment.

Knowing the value of a dollar is when I take my family to the movies. Easily spend $60 on one 2 hour movie.....

[quote name='wirechild']Many folks will easily get several hundred hours out of a CoD game. Which can work out to .20/hour or less. Compared to most other forms of entertainment, gaming is cheap.. The difference between $40 and $20 isn't that big of a deal if it is your preferred choice for entertainment.

Knowing the value of a dollar is when I take my family to the movies. Easily spend $60 on one 2 hour movie.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am not really a CoD gamer but I have played them all since CoD4. Most of the time I play the SP and then about 30-40 hours of MP and then trade it in. BLOPs was the exception. There was something about the MP that just clicked for me and I ended up playing like 300 hours of MP in BLOPs. Barely played MW3 and BLOPS2 though. Either way the CoD games give a lot of bang for the buck if you are into them.

[quote name='Insane dead']Code Veronica is $4.99 on the xbox website right now. So guess resident evil is tomorrows sale.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i predict a borderlands sale tomorrow[/QUOTE]

You were right.

Now I need tomorrow's winning lottery numbers.

Prices (in AUS at least) so far.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - $10
Batman: Arkham City - $15
Borderlands - $10
Borderlands 2 - $30

Dead Island - $10
Dishonored - $30

Fallout: New Vegas - $10
Portal 2 - $20
Red Dead Redemption - $15

Would it be crazy if I got Dead Island and traded the disc copy I own to Gamestop or a site like VGFive?

Or am I better off waiting to use my points on something else?

[quote name='Cage017']Would it be crazy if I got Dead Island and traded the disc copy I own to Gamestop or a site like VGFive?

Or am I better off waiting to use my points on something else?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem overly logical, unless you're looking to convert MSP to GS credit. I think GS is giving $10.50 for it after bonuses, so it would be pretty close to an even trade. I guess if you'd really love to have Dead Island saved on your hard drive it might also make sense.

[quote name='Cage017']Would it be crazy if I got Dead Island and traded the disc copy I own to Gamestop or a site like VGFive?

Or am I better off waiting to use my points on something else?[/QUOTE]

Not crazy. Definitely stupid though.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']He was saying he bought 1600 MSP cards for $10 at target on BF. so it only cost him $10 vs if he purchased $8.25 in AU MSP right now (the equivalent to buy BO1 in AU)[/QUOTE]correct. thank you

so i managed to set up a VPN....even saw my xbox is connected to the VPN...go to buy COD for 600 points and i keep getting i am not in that region. ARGH lol

[quote name='PsiScream']Anyone know if the Arkham Asylum on sale today is the non-GOTY version that has its own achievement list?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the box art, it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back