XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emwearz']Prices (in AUS at least) so far.

Borderlands 2 - $30

Dishonored - $30
[/QUOTE]

Prices of these in Hungarian marketplace:

Borderlands 2 - 880msp

Dishonored - 880msp

Wow, i was going to wait for Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, but at this price i should definitely pull the trigger. :)
I'm from EU btw and was able to purchase Dishonored. Don't know if these games are region locked for US people.

[quote name='Sath666']Prices of these in Hungarian marketplace:

Borderlands 2 - 880msp

Dishonored - 880msp

Wow, i was going to wait for Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, but at this price i should definitely pull the trigger. Bought Dishonored btw. :)
I'm from EU btw and was able to purchase Dishonored. Don't know if these games are region locked for US people.[/QUOTE]

I was about to buy Dishonored, but then noticed the listing saying it only supported Czech, Hungarian, Polish & Russian - no sign of English.

Borderlands 2 - 880msp

Dishonored - 880msp

Wow, i was going to wait for Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition, but at this price i should definitely pull the trigger. :)
I'm from EU btw and was able to purchase Dishonored. Don't know if these games are region locked for US people.[/QUOTE]

Can you confirm that Dishonored can be played in english? =D Maybe it's time to make a Hungarian Account should work since I'm from EU too and prices here always convert higher than the US Prices lol because for example 2,99€ is more than $2.99 lol

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Can you confirm that Dishonored can be played in english? =D Maybe it's time to make a Hungarian Account should work since I'm from EU too and prices here always convert higher than the US Prices lol because for example 2,99€ is more than $2.99 lol[/QUOTE]
Dishonored does not play in english.

Good thread here that is currently been updated every day.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=380772

Guess im gonna pick up Dead Island and Blands 2 for 40 today, think thats it for me for this ultimate sale. So my pickups so far are: El Shaddai, Dark Messiah Might and Magic and now Dead Island and Blands 2 probably.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Can you confirm that Dishonored can be played in english? =D Maybe it's time to make a Hungarian Account should work since I'm from EU too and prices here always convert higher than the US Prices lol because for example 2,99€ is more than $2.99 lol[/QUOTE]

English voice acting, menus are in Russian. It won't be a problem for me, since i know Russian language much better than English. :)

Hi there, amazing thread.

Just to say that in Spain, Dishonored and Borderlands2 are 20€, that's according to Microsoft magic converted: 20$, 1600MP.

Well, we are having an issue since day one, the price shown is 1680MP, is that a MP conversion mistake? cos there are 10$ games marked as 840MP but RE: CV that costs 5$ is 400MP. I'm all confused.

On the list, it has Fallout 3 as well as Fallout New Vegas, but only New Vegas is on sale today.
I it a mistake that Fallout 3 is not on sale today or would it be on sale another day?

US prices as captured by XBLDB:

Fable III - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Fallout: New Vegas - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Portal 2 - 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Red Dead Redemption - 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 67% off - xbldb
Borderlands - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Dead Island - 800 MSP ($10.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Batman: Arkham City - 1200 MSP ($15.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Borderlands 2 - 2400 MSP ($30.00) - 50% off - xbldb
Dishonored - 2400 MSP ($30.00) - 50% off - xbldb

$10 was my purchase point for Red Dead and Arkham City....oh well.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Doesn't seem overly logical, unless you're looking to convert MSP to GS credit. I think GS is giving $10.50 for it after bonuses, so it would be pretty close to an even trade. I guess if you'd really love to have Dead Island saved on your hard drive it might also make sense.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ooga']Not crazy. Definitely stupid though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys.

I was afraid the trade in value wouldn't be so great. Freeing up shelf space is always nice for me if a game is available digitally. Fingers crossed that Playstation Plus will have Dead Island for free.

Curious to see what Metal Gear Solid HD and Orange Box prices will be.

If I dl Dead Island, will my save data from the physical game (that I sold) be available? I mean I guess it prob would be, just want to be sure. I'm loving this sale! Little high for portal 2 imo, but ten bucks for Arkham City sure is great, and FNV if someone still hasn't played it yet, great game!

[quote name='therealdanhill'] but ten bucks for Arkham City sure is great[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, except the price is $15.

Some of these should be 400 MSP :/

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Swiss XBL Accounts can get Borderlands 1 and Dead Island for 400 MSP...[/QUOTE]

Isn't there a way to use a dummy account to get them and somehow get it transferred to your main account?

Borderlands 2 - 880msp

Dishonored - 880msp

I am in the US (US xbox and Hungarian account)

Borderlands 2 - is available to buy

Dishonored - is region locked (because of NTSC xbox)

[quote name='Cobb L']I am in the US (US xbox and Hungarian account)

Borderlands 2 - is available to buy

Dishonored - is region locked (because of NTSC xbox)[/QUOTE]

so all u have to do is make a hungarian account and put 880 msp on that account and then u can play it on your main us account or just the hungarian one?

[quote name='therealdanhill']If I dl Dead Island, will my save data from the physical game (that I sold) be available? I mean I guess it prob would be, just want to be sure. I'm loving this sale! Little high for portal 2 imo, but ten bucks for Arkham City sure is great, and FNV if someone still hasn't played it yet, great game![/QUOTE]
Yes, it will. Digital copies are fully compatible with retail ones.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']so all u have to do is make a hungarian account and put 880 msp on that account and then u can play it on your main us account or just the hungarian one?[/QUOTE]
You can play it on any profile loaded on the xbox that contains the game. So yes. Just remember that most games are not compatible with the US xbox so you'll load your points and THEN it tells you that the purchase cannot be made. Unless someone definitely confirms they are in the US with a US xbox and bought the game (or it's cheap enough to take a shot) I would be careful. I figure xbla games are region free so you could always dump the points onto that instead.

I did buy Dragon Age 2 several months back off the hungarian site for 400 points. Haven't been able to purchase anything during these sales (course I didn't try all the games only the ones either dirt cheap or I actually wanted)

[quote name='snakemaster2389']so all u have to do is make a hungarian account and put 880 msp on that account and then u can play it on your main us account or just the hungarian one?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can play it on your main US account. But remember, 1600MSP are not valid for hungarian accounts. 4000MSP are worldwide (and probably 400MSP). Another option is create new US account, add 1600MSP and then migrate to Hungary (your points will be also migrated). Here is a link https://live.xbox.com/en-US/AccountMigration

[quote name='Cobb L']Yes, you can play it on your main US account. But remember, 1600MSP are not valid for hungarian accounts. 4000MSP are worldwide (and probably 400MSP). Another option is create new US account, add 1600MSP and then migrate to Hungary (your points will be also migrated). Here is a link https://live.xbox.com/en-US/AccountMigration[/QUOTE]
VERY IMPORTANT: YOU CAN ONLY MIGRATE YOUR PROFILE TO A NEW REGION ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS. you will not be able to make purchases with that profile on the USA xbox marketplace during that time.

[quote name='tribalnoise']VERY IMPORTANT: YOU CAN ONLY MIGRATE YOUR PROFILE TO A NEW REGION ONCE EVERY 3 MONTHS. you will not be able to make purchases with that profile on the USA xbox marketplace during that time.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I said he should create and migrate NEW profile, not his actual profile

No you also need to have a Hungarian IP. Usually done through VPN. Most free VPNs only do US, Britain, China and Germany.

Unless Hungary profiles are different then Japanese and AU as both of those need a local IP to purchase/DL.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']No you also need to have a Hungarian IP. Usually done through VPN. Most free VPNs only do US, Britain, China and Germany.

Unless Hungary profiles are different then Japanese and AU as both of those need a local IP to purchase/DL.[/QUOTE]
No VPN required to download Borderlands 2.

So it's really awesome that some hacker decided to log into my Xbox profile today and use all 35 bucks worth of my Microsoft points on FIFA 13 points and I don't even own FIFA 13.
I am a sad panda. I had planned to buy some things in this sale today/tomorrow

i predict tomorrow, a sale for the following games: Max Payne 3, MGS HD Collection, Left 4 Dead 2, Orange Box, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken Tag Tourn. 2

[quote name='Phased']So it's really awesome that some hacker decided to log into my Xbox profile today and use all 35 bucks worth of my Microsoft points on FIFA 13 points and I don't even own FIFA 13.
I am a sad panda. I had planned to buy some things in this sale today/tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Happened to me twice, and Microsoft refused to refund me, despite telling me they did find evidence of fraud on my account. I got a coupon for the Microsoft store though! 10% off any purchase!

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i predict tomorrow, a sale for the following games: Max Payne 3, MGS HD Collection, Left 4 Dead 2, Orange Box, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken Tag Tourn. 2[/QUOTE]

it's more plausible that all of the fighting games will be lumped together rather than the weird mix in your list lol

[quote name='snakemaster2389']i predict tomorrow, a sale for the following games: Max Payne 3, MGS HD Collection, Left 4 Dead 2, Orange Box, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken Tag Tourn. 2[/QUOTE]

I hope Max Payne 3 has a decent sale. Hopefully more than 50% off.

[quote name='gotdott']it's more plausible that all of the fighting games will be lumped together rather than the weird mix in your list lol[/QUOTE]
We ARE talking about microsoft though....

[quote name='Phased']So it's really awesome that some hacker decided to log into my Xbox profile today and use all 35 bucks worth of my Microsoft points on FIFA 13 points and I don't even own FIFA 13.
I am a sad panda. I had planned to buy some things in this sale today/tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Bro, this happened to me too, and I mean exactly. Microsoft won't own up to the fact that it's a security issues relating to them and EA accounts. Here are the stories: About.com, G4TV.com, and fifasoccerblog.com. Run that in their faces if they don't cough up the MSP points back to you.

Once you get your account back, make sure you change all your passwords, especially your xbox profile and your EA account linked to it. Oh, and keep them different from each other!I was lucky they only stole my MSP and couldn't use a particular credit card on that account. Very lucky. Now, I never use a credit card on my account, EVER.

Good luck.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Wait...isn't Crysis on sale?!?! Isn't it?!?! No?!?! Ahhhhh!

2 posts in a row. Winning.[/QUOTE]

I had hoped that it would be on sale too.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Bro, this happened to me too, and I mean exactly. Microsoft won't own up to the fact that it's a security issues relating to them and EA accounts. Here are the stories: About.com, G4TV.com, and fifasoccerblog.com. Run that in their faces if they don't cough up the MSP points back to you.

Once you get your account back, make sure you change all your passwords, especially your xbox profile and your EA account linked to it. Oh, and keep them different from each other!I was lucky they only stole my MSP and couldn't use a particular credit card on that account. Very lucky. Now, I never use a credit card on my account, EVER.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

And the moral of the story is to strive for unique passwords across all your accounts. For EA accounts, I recommend something along the lines of 0r1g1n5u>

[quote name='joebootoo']Looks like Major Nelson is drunk tweeting again. He just announced Batman Arkham Asylum going on sale for Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thought something similar. Wonder if the mistake was made yesterday with the game being posted early, or by him a day later.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']And the moral of the story is to strive for unique passwords across all your accounts. For EA accounts, I recommend something along the lines of 0r1g1n5u>

On the Australian dashboard, there is currently advertised (but the prices are not yet updated):

Fallout 3 $5
Max Payne 3 $5
Orange box $10
MGS PW $5
MGS HD Collection $10
Civilization Revolution $10
Left for Dead 2 $10
Arkham Asylum $10

[quote name='steveau']On the Australian dashboard, there is currently advertised (but the prices are not yet updated):

Fallout 3 $5
Max Payne 3 $5
Orange box $10
MGS PW $5
MGS HD Collection $10
Civilization Revolution $10
Left for Dead 2 $10
Arkham Asylum $10[/QUOTE]

5 australian dollars for Max Payne 3 ? Thats around 3 euros here in Europe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back