XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope they stay at that price when they update the prices, I just bought Max Payne 3 off GMG, but would happily buy a 360 copy for $5.

[quote name='steveau']On the Australian dashboard, there is currently advertised (but the prices are not yet updated):

Fallout 3 $5
Max Payne 3 $5
Orange box $10
MGS PW $5
MGS HD Collection $10
Civilization Revolution $10
Left for Dead 2 $10
Arkham Asylum $10[/QUOTE]

Definitely getting the Orange Box at $10. Such a great price! Hope it stays the same for us as well.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Nicely done. My account got hacked, they played FIFA, and my MSP got transferred a couple of years ago but I was fortunate enough to have MS give me the points back. I wasn't going to let it go for 8,000 points or so. I think it took 2-4 weeks or so for the whole process.[/QUOTE]

Happened on my account a few months back :/
Person I talked to on the phone was completely unhelpful...lol.

When you click on todays deals on LIVE and go to purchase it still shows the regular price. I wanted the orange box and bought it with points and it said 1600 points (which is $20) and only realized it AFTER I pressed ok. I then checked my points balance and it only took off $10 worth or 800 points. Same thing was with Fallout 3 ($5 for that game is a steal, especially when you can go get the GOTY used at gamestop and install all of the Add on content since its on an extra disc and then return it).

Just and FYI

Seems way to risky to do that with Paypal / Credit Card.

I have 400MSP, might try buying Max Payne, which reports for $5 in the Aus dashboard app, however when I try to buy it, it wont let me. (I don't have enough to meet the 40000 it asks).

Damn they are taking their time updating. What time do they normally end the sale. My friend doesn't get home to ugly until 1 am will be miss it?

I wonder why the prices for the US are not updated yet.

Getting a dollar extra for the disc version Dead Island through Gamestop's promotion isn't much, but combining it with Max Payne's value and I'm sure a trip to Gamestop would be worth it. Of course I'll feel really stupid if the Max Payne 3 sale never happens and I waste a trip (and points).

What to do, what to do.

i see the add now, but prices still are not updated, maybe because it's sunday, don't know

Fallout 3 $5
Max Payne 3 $15
Orange box $10
MGS PW $10
MGS HD Collection $5
Left for Dead 2 $10

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']When you click on todays deals on LIVE and go to purchase it still shows the regular price. I wanted the orange box and bought it with points and it said 1600 points (which is $20) and only realized it AFTER I pressed ok. I then checked my points balance and it only took off $10 worth or 800 points. Same thing was with Fallout 3 ($5 for that game is a steal, especially when you can go get the GOTY used at gamestop and install all of the Add on content since its on an extra disc and then return it).

Just and FYI[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing two days ago when I bought El Shaddai. It said that it would take off 240 MSP, but my remaining balance was less than it was supposed to be. It took off 480 MSP despite what checkout said. I don't even know how to contact Microsoft support about it because it obviously shows that I bought it for 240 MSP in my transaction history.

[quote name='sehpirot']i see the add now, but prices still are not updated, maybe because it's sunday, don't know

Fallout 3 $5
Max Payne 3 $15
Orange box $10
MGS PW $10
MGS HD Collection $5
Left for Dead 2 $10[/QUOTE]

Max Payne still shows $40 for me (in Canada). Although some of the prices have updated to what you've listed, maybe they're taking their time updating?

damn, when are the sales gonna be live? its 1 pm eastern time already. i wanna get to dl some stuff already

looks like yesterday's sales are still live so grab what u want asap

I wonder if they're waiting until their dumb Gears of War event to update. Major Nelson tweeted "more coming later Sunday". If that's the case, then prepare to wait another five or more hours for sale prices.

[quote name='joebootoo']I wonder if they're waiting until their dumb Gears of War event to update. Major Nelson tweeted "more coming later Sunday". If that's the case, then prepare to wait another five or more hours for sale prices.[/QUOTE]

yea probably they are. so at 8pm east. i'll check back for the sales

[quote name='WV Matsui']Why would that even be the case? The sales aren't even Gears related....[/QUOTE]
So they can be lazy and run everything through at once would be my guess.

[quote name='yokuo']So they can be lazy and run everything through at once would be my guess.[/QUOTE]

It's a live event. A lot different than publishing a sale.

[quote name='joebootoo']I wonder if they're waiting until their dumb Gears of War event to update. Major Nelson tweeted "more coming later Sunday". If that's the case, then prepare to wait another five or more hours for sale prices.[/QUOTE]

In 5 hours it's early monday morning already over here lol and I probably should go to bed then, because I have to work and can't stay up all night waiting for the sale to come lol

I stated it before, the prices SHOWN are not what you pay, but when you check your balance AFTER the purchase the correct SALE amount is taken out. I bought the orange box and it stated 1600 points were to be deducted which I did not notice until I already pressed OK. I checked my balance and only the 800 was taken out which is the proper amount of $10

[quote name='snakemaster2389']most of the sales are now up, mgs 2,3, and pw are not on sale yet though[/QUOTE]

They are (at least when you go into detail it shows the correct price now..)

Prices for hungarian accounts (available from US with US xbox and hungarian account)

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD - not available due to NTSC console
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD - not available due to NTSC console
The Orange Box - available, 400MSP
Left 4 Dead 2 - available, 400MSP
Max Payne 3 - available, 600MSP
Civilization Revolution - available, 400MSP - probably need VPN (Hungarian IP)
Fallout 3 - available, 160MSP!

I am downloading L4D2 and Max Payne 3 without any issue!

[quote name='Cobb L']Prices for hungarian accounts (available from US with US xbox and hungarian account)

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 HD - not available due to NTSC console
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD - not available due to NTSC console
The Orange Box - available, 400MSP
Left 4 Dead 2 - available, 400MSP
Max Payne 3 - available, 600MSP
Civilization Revolution - available, 400MSP
Fallout 3 - available, 160MSP!

I am downloading L4D2 and Max Payne 3 without any issue![/QUOTE]
Just to follow up in this thread too...Civilization is region locked.

Major Nelson put the list of games on sale up.

Batman Arkham Asylum $9.99
Fallout 3 $4.99
Max Payne 3 $14.99
Left for Dead 2 $9.99
Metal Gear Solid HD $9.99
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker $9.99
Orange Box $9.99
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution $9.99

If Peacewalker was $5, I'd probably get the MGS HD collection, but for $20, I might as well wait for the disc version(s) to be on sale.

Finally able to pick up MGS 2+3 through the 360 GOD. It said 24.99 until at checkout, it switched to sales price. ($9.99). Same for Peacewalker. US East coast. What a long wait...

Hmm now that they are on sale...MGS HD Collection on Disc has all 3 games...HD Collection on GoD only has MGS 2 and 3 and I have to buy PW extra hmmm struggling again...maybe the disc version will be cheaper soon? would be around 15 bucks together right now and can get the disc for 20 atm...

AD, I feel the same way, I think I will hold out for a physical copy, the price is just not low enough when you purchase the two. I only like digital stuff on the really cheap, and this just is not that.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hmm now that they are on sale...MGS HD Collection on Disc has all 3 games...HD Collection on GoD only has MGS 2 and 3 and I have to buy PW extra hmmm struggling again...maybe the disc version will be cheaper soon? would be around 15 bucks together right now and can get the disc for 20 atm...[/QUOTE]Looking at Amazon, GameStop, & Best Buy, it's about $30 new, $25 used. You're saving $5-$10 if you go digital. Honestly, $20's out of my limit for digital games, especially ones that I can get on disc. I think I'm just gonna wait for the retail version to go on sale & continue with El Shaddai & other backlog stuff this week during Spring Break.

[quote name='Zonic505']Looking at Amazon, GameStop, & Best Buy, it's about $30 new, $25 used. You're saving $5-$10 if you go digital. Honestly, $20's out of my limit for digital games, especially ones that I can get on disc. I think I'm just gonna wait for the retail version to go on sale & continue with El Shaddai & other backlog stuff this week during Spring Break.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI Major prices are incorrect again PW IS 400 MSP lol...(same for Max Payne 3)

(at least on german/Swiss and austrian accounts)

[quote name='irafreak']Just to follow up in this thread too...Civilization is region locked.[/QUOTE]

Odd, it let me buy it. For example MGS is not available, it says my console doesn't match the region

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Just FYI Major prices are incorrect again PW IS 400 MSP lol...(same for Max Payne 3)[/QUOTE]

Is it cheaper than it's supposed to be or more? Thanks.

Edit - It showed up @ it's listed price.

[quote name='davisdj']Is it cheaper than it's supposed to be or more? Thanks.

Edit - It showed up @ it's listed price.[/QUOTE]

Yep had to correct that this is for various european accounts (like Germany,Swiss, Austria) Max Payne 3 and Peace Walker are 400 MSP over here...

(normally it's the other way round and we have the high prices, while everyone else is paying less than us lol)

[quote name='Cobb L']Odd, it let me buy it. For example MGS is not available, it says my console doesn't match the region

[/QUOTE]
I didn't try on the marketplace. Why are you in a different language you said a US location and US xbox?

On xbox.com it automatically change language to hungarian when you trying to buy (ofcourse loged with hungarian account)

[quote name='Cobb L']On xbox.com it automaticly change language to hungarian when you trying to buy (ofcourse loged with hungarian account)[/QUOTE]
I can't figure out what else to enter...phone number etc. When I purchased on the dashboard it was in english so i didn't have to translate.

OP is done ... and moved the "announced" list up to Monday, since that's all that's left. ... so now the OP just needs Monday's prices when they go live.

[quote name='skonson']I can confirm Max Payne 3 is $4.95 on the Australian site. Just bought it - sweet![/QUOTE]
I think we've established long ago that the OP is going to primarily reflect USA/Canada prices. If others want to establish a non-North America section or thread, then you're welcome to ... but here at CAG, we officially can't condone you breaking your Xbox Live ToU or CoC agreements by giving untrue info to MS.

Just so we're all clear on that. :)

[quote name='bug034']So, I can buy Max Payne 3 win an AU account and play in my NTSC console?[/QUOTE]
Probably not. Most Australian stuff doesn't work with US

If Mk vs dc hits $5 tomorrow, im biting. So far my Xbox Ultimate Sales pickups are: El Shaddai, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dead Island, Max Payne 3, Tomb Raider Legend.

I myself am hoping for a 9.99 price on Mortal Kombat, but if not I am content. El Shaddai, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Tomb Raider Legend, Resident Evil 5, Civilization Revolution, LFD2, and The Orange Box thus far. Will I play them all this year? I don't think so. Good to have though without the temptation later of trading in.

Oh and for those wondering, I am two chapters away from finishing Tomb Raider Legend, and have felt that aside from the aged combat mechanics, it's a steal at $5.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']If Mk vs dc hits $5 tomorrow, im biting. So far my Xbox Ultimate Sales pickups are: El Shaddai, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Dead Island, Max Payne 3, Tomb Raider Legend.[/QUOTE]
Then you're probably hoping they put Legend's "Anniversary" DLC on sale as well, and then you'd essentially have 1 more GoD. :)

BTW to all ... I added some notes to the OP on rare titles, which ones aren't GOTY, and why Max Payne is good if you're mostly interested in the single-player campaign. You know, to keep our OP better than "that other thread". :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back