XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='biledriver']Wow insults in the OP. Classy.[/QUOTE]

wow, being insulted by a mild jab at cry babies. :roll:

The level of thin skin some people demonstrate amazes me as someone who has grown up on the internet. Such is life I suppose there is always going to be someone looking to be insulted.

I broke down and bought Sonic and VF2 at the last minute despite holding off all week. I'm not a fighting game fan at all but loved SFII back in the arcade golden days. I'm awful at modern fighters so the '90s nostalgia and the easy achievements gave me a good excuse.

It's incredible how much perspective influences opinions. I remember being blown away by playing the first Virtua Fighter and Daytona on my Saturn. Wow, how can I move around in 3D like that?

Does anyone else have fond memories of Virtua COP? Man, I loved renting that one for Saturn even though I never had the lightguns and had to clumsily move the crosshairs around the screen with a directional pad. I'd love to see that re-released.

[quote name='airco']If it needs reiteration, the play-n-charge kit is pretty much crap. Mine hasn't been able to hold a charge in years, so I just use it with the dead battery and cable, since I only sit like 2-3 feet away from my console (I play on a monitor). I'm pretty amazed that MS ever thought old-fashioned batteries were a good idea, even in 2005. I guess they just wanted to sell more useless peripherals.[/QUOTE]

Like Seasick already mentioned, just get Eneloop rechargables and a decent charger and you'll never look back. Sanyo's Eneloops are the crop of the cream. They are more than affordable and since they hold a charge almost a year you can charge and store them no problem. Nice side effect, you are doing something good for the environment as well.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Does anyone else have fond memories of Virtua COP? Man, I loved renting that one for Saturn even though I never had the lightguns and had to clumsily move the crosshairs around the screen with a directional pad. I'd love to see that re-released.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly what you mean, but Sega Superstar Tennis has a bunch of the underrated Sega classics as minigames, including Virtua Cop. Space Harrier and Puyo Pop were also really fun and they felt like updates to the classic versions. You should be able to find it at Gamestop for 99 cents.

[quote name='whitereflection']Not exactly what you mean, but Sega Superstar Tennis has a bunch of the underrated Sega classics as minigames, including Virtua Cop. Space Harrier and Puyo Pop were also really fun and they felt like updates to the classic versions. You should be able to find it at Gamestop for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's awesome! I've actually had the Tennis/XBLA Compilation disc for years but never bothered to try it out. I've got to do it now.

I actually have a lot of fun with the lightweight Sega releases this generation like Racing (Transformed was great) or the updated After Burner. Tennis was always on my to-play list. It doesn't hurt that they're always on sale and Sega seems to get that most of us like achievable achievements.

Maybe I'm part of the problem, but for once I won't mind to have Fallout: New Vegas DLCs as part of this week's DotW, since I only bought the base game recently thanks to that huge GoD sale :)

And yeah, I'm used to be butthurt by not seeing any of ME DLCs on sale by now, right to the point that it doesn't really hurt anymore... my broken heart's tears are the best lube... :cry:

l[quote name='bardockkun']That's considered an insult?

Really? People are bothered by the simplest thing that is brought up constantly every week deals are announced and now joked about and it's considered an insult? I Was expecting something in the very least on par with what you hear in a game of CoD online...[/QUOTE]

I agree. The funny part is the "insult" in the OP was a general statement about how people always find something to complain about and that's exactly what we saw as a reaction to it.

I'm hoping for some FNV DLC on sale as well or something that's never been discounted before. Also, an update to the S&S+ app would be nice. I hope it's not done.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Larry Hryb ‏@majornelson
The Scott Pilgrim Online Multiplayer+Wallace Pack hits Xbox LIVE tomorrow for 400 MSP[/QUOTE]

count me in. 400 points... i dont care, it most likely won't see a price cut/sale before the next xbox.

so, xbldb updated with tons.

sleeping dogs DLC 50% off (GoD is $20!)
GTA IV DLC and GoD 50% off
Tomb Raider Underworld DLC and GoD 50% off
Tomb Raider Anniversary GoD 50% off (800)
Mini Ninjas GoD 50% off (800)
Supreme Commander 2 50% off (1200)

Kane and Lynch 2 DLC 50% off
Just Cause 2 DLC 50% off
Deus Ex DLC 50% off
Battlestations Pacific DLC 50% off

Geon - 400 points(50% off)
Puzzle Arcade - 400 (50% off)
Lara Croft Guardian of Light - 600 (and DLC also 50% off)
All Zombies Must Die - 400 points(50% off)
American Mensa Academy - 400 points(50% off)
Mini Ninjas Adventures - 400 points(50% off)

phew. sorry i may have missed some.

Wow, just bought Sleeping Dogs for 400msp (Hungarian marketplace). Also Metal Gear Rising VR Missions DLC is available in EU (240msp) - happy ^^.

Hmm... I wonder if the S&S+ app will update. Would be weird if they just left it to die, but the fact that it didn't update last week keeps me from being optimistic about it.

Some people might want to check out other regions' prices for some of the GoD games. Sleeping Dogs is 400 MSP on the Swedish and Hungarian marketplaces, for example.
Note that when you buy it with a dummy account (you will need region-free MS points to do this) or a different region the license is only applied to that account, however it may be played by any other account on your system. Be sure to double check which titles are region locked and which ones aren't, too! ;)
There are guides for doing this; I'm sure somebody will post them.

Nothing for my tastes again this week. Thank goodness I pay next to nothing for gold membership (big thanks to CAG!!). Come on Triggerheart Excelica and Deathsmiles 2!!

Australia wins again with Sleeping Dogs Game on Demand $9.95 or 600 msp.
I was just looking at all the DLC for the game. Is there a game of year edition for this or coming soon?
If not, any dlc that stands out?

Uh... Scott Pilgrim fans heads up. I just went to play it all late night like I play my games :p 5am right now. Well I booted it up and it gave me an update... !!!... I download the update and it's a whole new menu screen, complete with Online matchmaking. I'm sitting here in the server list looking at a online game to join?

I didn't pay for an add-on... this is an update in-game.

Very confused. Just Wallace is the DLC, online matchmaking an update? Maybe, just guessing.

Just Redboxed and beat the new TR. Liked it so figured I'd try the old ones finally. Best timing a sale has had for me in a while. Grabbing Anniversary at least.

[quote name='Sath666']Wow, just bought Sleeping Dogs for 400msp (Hungarian marketplace). Also Metal Gear Rising VR Missions DLC is available in EU (240msp) - happy ^^.[/QUOTE]

Can someone please link to a guide on how to do this?

Wait a minute. All Zombies Must Die again? Didn't we just have that? They sure have been doing a lot of repeat sales inside a small timeframe. I wonder if there's a purpose...

[quote name='midloo']Can someone please link to a guide on how to do this?[/QUOTE]

Specifically, how to setup a Hungarian one. i can't find a guide anywhere.

[quote name='irafreak']Wait a minute. All Zombies Must Die again? Didn't we just have that? They sure have been doing a lot of repeat sales inside a small timeframe. I wonder if there's a purpose...[/QUOTE]

That one might be a price drop, as you say it's been on sale a few times.

Just register a new account and during sign up say your in hungary. Then look up a hungarian zip code everything else can be jibberish. THe thing is you need to add at least 800 point codes to the account not 400 points. Amazon sells region free points you can use though.

[quote name='basis']if we purchased using the hungarian site and bought the DLC using our US accounts, will the DLC still work?
:p[/QUOTE]

Yes the dlc will come with two licensces one which will tie to the console and one that sticks with the account that purchased

[quote name='McPhorks']Just register a new account and during sign up say your in hungary. Then look up a hungarian zip code everything else can be jibberish. THe thing is you need to add at least 800 point codes to the account not 400 points. Amazon sells region free points you can use though.[/QUOTE]

If you have promotional 400MSP codes, these work just fine.

http://majornelson.com/2013/03/12/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-18/
Deal of the Week - Discount Dates - Price

Grand Theft Auto IV - 12-Mar to 18-Mar
GTA IV GonD - Varies by region
GTA IV Lost and Damned - 400 (50% off)
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony - 800 (50% off)

Ubisoft - 19-Mar to 25-Mar
Assassin’s Creed Revelations - The Lost Archive - 400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Revelations - Mediterranean Traveler Map Pack - 400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood - Da Vinci Disappearance - 400 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed 2 - Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations - 280 (50% off)
Assassin’s Creed 2 - Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations Battle of Forli - 160 (50% off)
Beyond Good & Evil - 400 (50% off)
Rayman 3 HD - 400 (50% off)
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes - 600 (50% off)
Outland - 400 (50% off)
Prince of Persia Epilogue - 400 (50% off)
Splinter Cell Conviction – Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 (50% off)
Mad Riders - 400 (50% off)

Sales & Specials - Discount Date - Price
Square Enix Publisher Sale - 12-Mar to 18-Mar - Up to 50% off
Brave: The Video Game - 12-Mar to 18-Mar - Varies by region
Haunt - 19-Mar to 25-Mar - 320 (60% off)

Looks like Scott Pilgrim Wallace DLC isn't up yet... BUT REMEMBER... I downloaded an update, not an add-on, and it gave me Online matchmaking. If you're only looking for that, boot up the game and get the update.

Remember though the Scott Pilgrim TU will only let you play the first level online. You'll have to pony up if you want to play the rest of the levels in a game you already bought two years ago.

[quote name='Exu']Remember though the Scott Pilgrim TU will only let you play the first level online. You'll have to pony up if you want to play the rest of the levels in a game you already bought two years ago.[/QUOTE]

Oh is that what it is? Thank you for clearing that up, I was very confused.

[quote name='Exu']Remember though the Scott Pilgrim TU will only let you play the first level online. You'll have to pony up if you want to play the rest of the levels in a game you already bought two years ago.[/QUOTE]
Are you implying that the developer shouldn't be compensated for breathing new life into an old game through added functionality? Maybe I'm reading into your statement.

[quote name='simmias']Are you implying that the developer shouldn't be compensated for breathing new life into an old game through added functionality? Maybe I'm reading into your statement.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this "added functionality" supposed to be patched into the game after launch?

I could be wrong but I thought this was one of these "not in at launch but we'll put it in later" things, if that's the case I wouldn't expect to be charged for it.

[quote name='benjamouth']Wasn't this "added functionality" supposed to be patched into the game after launch?

I could be wrong but I thought this was one of these "not in at launch but we'll put it in later" things, if that's the case I wouldn't expect to be charged for it.[/QUOTE]

Really? If I recall, the developers said that they wanted the game to return to "old school" beat em ups days, where it was just you and a friend playing locally at whoever's house and that was the reason they didn't add online.

Thanks for the x360a link :) I thought there would be more region free stuff though, must be everyone who is always talking about the Hungarian marketplace has pal boxes

Any update to the sales and specials app yet?

Scott Pilgrim really should have had online play from day 1. It's ridiculous that they waited 2 years to add such a basic functionality and then expect people to pay half of the game's cost for it.

Game could have gone down as one of the must own XBLA co-op titles with online play, but this is too little too late. I remember a lot of people on here championing this decision as well. "this is how co-op was meant to be played, go get some real friends, etc." lol

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Really? If I recall, the developers said that they wanted the game to return to "old school" beat em ups days, where it was just you and a friend playing locally at whoever's house and that was the reason they didn't add online.[/QUOTE]

That's the cheapest excuse i've ever heard for laziness. And an insult for my intelligence.

[quote name='crookshow']Scott Pilgrim really should have had online play from day 1. It's ridiculous that they waited 2 years to add such a basic functionality and then expect people to pay half of the game's cost for it.

Game could have gone down as one of the must own XBLA co-op titles with online play, but this is too little too late. I remember a lot of people on here championing this decision as well. "this is how co-op was meant to be played, go get some real friends, etc." lol[/QUOTE]

I agree. Kudos to them for wanting to go old school, but they really shot themselves in the foot. It would have had an even longer shelf life with online from the get go. Now I have to talk my friends into booting it back up just to try online MP (one of them doesn't even have Gold anymore).

[quote name='shulamm']That's the cheapest excuse i've ever heard for laziness. And an insult for my intelligence.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Lara Croft GoL was released without online co-op. Later they updated the game for free.

[quote name='Sath666']Yep, Lara Croft GoL was released without online co-op. Later they updated the game for free.[/QUOTE]
They also has promised it as part of the original release's feature set, but were so bent on getting it done in time for Summer of Arcade that they had to cut it out to finish it in time. That wasn't done out of the kindness of their heart.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Really? If I recall, the developers said that they wanted the game to return to "old school" beat em ups days, where it was just you and a friend playing locally at whoever's house and that was the reason they didn't add online.[/QUOTE]

This is marketing speak for "we couldn't get online working properly in our game, so guys, what can we say to stave off the angry fanbase?"

Instead of rewarding a developer for not being able to fix a major game issue until two and a half years after release, I recommend rewarding a game that got it right the first time and just buying Phantom Breaker instead.

I used my tenth and final Target card with last week's sales.

Is there anyone here that still has 1600 cards for sale? (Not much luck in the trading thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back