XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='midloo']Can someone please link to a guide on how to do this?[/QUOTE]

What kind of points do you use on the hungarian marketplace? I bought a 400msp instant code on amazon and its not working on the hungary account.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sath666']Wow, just bought Sleeping Dogs for 400msp (Hungarian marketplace). Also Metal Gear Rising VR Missions DLC is available in EU (240msp) - happy ^^.[/QUOTE]

Stupid Hungary.

[quote name='bfowlaaa']Thanks for the x360a link :) I thought there would be more region free stuff though, must be everyone who is always talking about the Hungarian marketplace has pal boxes

Any update to the sales and specials app yet?[/QUOTE]

S&S App wasn't updated when I checked before work. That was about 9:30am MDT.

Does anyone have any input about the Sleepings Dogs DLC? I already have the Dragon Master Pack, but I don't know if any of the other ones is worth getting while they're on sale.

[quote name='xbox_man']Question about Tomb Raider Anniversary. Is it better to have it as dlc to legends?[/QUOTE]

Right now the Anniversary GonD is $10 compared to 1600 MSP for Anniversary Episodes 1-4. I believe achievements are the only difference.
My Legende disc has been sitting in the back of a cabinet, since finishing it 7 years ago, waiting for the Anniversary Episodes DLC. I thought this was going to be the day.

@hellhundle The zombie one is great and a pretty big steal at 280 MSP.

Can anyone summarize what the dicussion on charge and play cables was all about? Till about this week, when I went to charge my controller the red light is gone from the cable. Now I'm not even sure if my controller is charging or not.

[quote name='hellhunde']Does anyone have any input about the Sleepings Dogs DLC? I already have the Dragon Master Pack, but I don't know if any of the other ones is worth getting while they're on sale.[/QUOTE]

They're mostly cos-cheat-ic (cosmetic + cheat), meaning that they give you extra costumes/vehicles/xp/money and repeatable missions. The only two with some meaty content are Nightmare in North Point (a separate campaign to be played after the main one, as it is quite heavy on spoilers) and Zodiac Tournament.

Just made a Hungarian account and see Sleeping Dogs listed for 400 msp. I just cashed in my bing reward points which i will get within the next 24 hours. My question is how long will Sleeping Dogs remain at that price on the Hungarian account? Will it be all week or will they catch on shortly? Thanks for the help.

[quote name='Blade3D']What region do I choose when migrating an account to get the Hungarian marketplace? It's not showing Hungary.[/QUOTE]

I had to create a new profile.

[quote name='Bradisback']I had to create a new profile.[/QUOTE]

I thought you could just migrate the account? I have an extra for when people come over and play so it doesn't matter what region it is.

[quote name='Junpei']They're mostly cos-cheat-ic (cosmetic + cheat), meaning that they give you extra costumes/vehicles/xp/money and repeatable missions. The only two with some meaty content are Nightmare in North Point (a separate campaign to be played after the main one, as it is quite heavy on spoilers) and Zodiac Tournament.[/QUOTE]

I've heard the Zodiac one is really short, but I've heard several positive mentions of the North Point one. Thanks! :)

[quote name='Blade3D']I thought you could just migrate the account? I have an extra for when people come over and play so it doesn't matter what region it is.[/QUOTE]

Like yours, hungary was not in the list to migrate to. So im guessing they arent allowing hungarian migrations

[quote name='Bradisback']Like yours, hungary was not in the list to migrate to. So im guessing they arent allowing hungarian migrations[/QUOTE]

Yep, kinda lame if you can't migrate to it...

I really didn't want to make a new account.

[quote name='Bloomy']Finished in OP[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Also, for those who care, the "XBLA games that haven't gone on sale" list in my sig has been updated. If you see anything I overlooked, please let me know.

If you migrate then you wont be able to migrate back for another 3 months. It makes more sense to just create a new account.

So anything besides Sleeping Dogs worth picking up from Hungary? I don't have any MSPs, but I am hoping to get some before the sale expires.

Also, did anyone verify that Sleeping Dogs is not region locked and can be played on US consoles?

[quote name='ooga']If you migrate then you wont be able to migrate back for another 3 months. It makes more sense to just create a new account.

So anything besides Sleeping Dogs worth picking up from Hungary? I don't have any MSPs, but I am hoping to get some before the sale expires.[/QUOTE]

It's not my main account but an extra I already have, I don't care what region it is.

[quote name='crookshow']Scott Pilgrim really should have had online play from day 1. It's ridiculous that they waited 2 years to add such a basic functionality and then expect people to pay half of the game's cost for it.

Game could have gone down as one of the must own XBLA co-op titles with online play, but this is too little too late. I remember a lot of people on here championing this decision as well. "this is how co-op was meant to be played, go get some real friends, etc." lol[/QUOTE]

Online is not a basic functionality of games. It's a big part of SOME people's enjoyment. But the Wii was the top selling system with bad online and encouragement to play in groups. Xbox360 got a big boost with Kinect doing the same thing. For many people games remained a social thing with people in the room.

Making a game based on that is not inherently bad just because you like playing with people online. It meant the game isn't for you. If you want to pay extra now you could experience it if you want. That's it.

Gaming gets pulled in certain directions and some developers and gamers try and resist that direction. It's not up to you to decide that we're wrong, Numbers or not it's about wanting to see certain aspects of a hobby we love preserved.

[quote name='robbyH']Anyone know what games are on sale with the Square/Enix sale?[/QUOTE]

XBLA
Mensa Academy $5
Mini Ninjas Adventures $5
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light $7.50
All Zombies Must Die $5
Puzzle Arcade $5
Geon $5

Games on Demand
Deux Ex: Human Revolution $15
Tomb Raider Underworld $10 (and both Epilogue DLC's are $5 each)
Tomb Raider Anniversary $10
Kane and Lynch 2 $10
Mini Ninjas $15
Supreme Commander 2 $15
Dungeon Siege 3 $10
Sleeping Dogs $20

Highlights of the sale to me are TR: Guardian of Light, Sleeping Dogs, and Dungeon Siege 3. All the other GoD games can be bought for that price at Gamestop, although they did recently raise the price of the older Tomb Raider games by about $5 b/c of the new one coming out. There's also a limited amount of DLC associated with those games on sale but not everything.

Those getting Dungeon Siege 3 I would highly recommend go ahead and getting the DLC for it for $10 also. Automatically upon installation it increases the level cap by 5 and allows you to apply bonus traits to weapons and armor by applying essences (dropped by bigger enemies) to them, just be prepared to pay and arm and a leg to do it and only do it later in the game when you think you have your final gear. There's also the DLC area and quest line which lets you get a lot of orange loot for your characters and 250 achievement points. The DLC area has a pool at its hub where you can your character (or your AI companion character if you're playing by yourself) but it costs 20,000 gold each time.

As far as I'm aware, the DS3 DLC has never gone on sale on XBox.

[quote name='Bradisback']Like yours, hungary was not in the list to migrate to. So im guessing they arent allowing hungarian migrations[/QUOTE]

I actually had this problem during the big Xbox Live sale last time...after messing around with it for a few hours I somehow figured out that after a google translate, it would show up on the list in the M's... Switzerland was another one that only showed up after a translate.

I used chrome and just installed the Google Translate extension. I think I translated to French and then back to English, and it showed up (like I said, somewhere in the M's). If you don't have region free points, add them on your US account first and then migrate to Hungary, and they'll migrate as well.

Nuketown 2025 will be free for all 360 Black Ops 2 players beginning tomorrow.

Nuketown Zombies will be 400 msp. They're also adding microtransactions. I guress the free map is to get people in and playing and buying those 80/160 msp packs.

Quick question, but for Sleeping Dogs from the Hungary marketplace, will the game work with the US DLC or does it have to be bought from Hungarian marketplace as well?

[quote name='kcobra22']I somehow figured out that after a google translate, it would show up on the list in the M's...[/QUOTE]

Hungary is 'Magyar' in Hungarian.

Apparently, they also just put out another DLC for Sleeping Dogs: The Year of the Snake, which seems to offer more story-driven content and will be available as a stand alone campaign like Nightmare in North Point... I'm waiting for feedbacks before deciding, but I'll probably end up buying it off Steam as I have my Sleeping Dogs collection (even if it isn't "complete" anymore... FFFFFFUUUUUUUU...) there :)

Wait, I feel stupid. So if I create a new Hungarian account on my 360 and purchase Sleeping Dogs, my regular U.S. account can use it?

If that does work, a 400 point code from Amazon is all I would need?

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Wait, I feel stupid. So if I create a new Hungarian account on my 360 and purchase Sleeping Dogs, my regular U.S. account can use it?

If that does work, a 400 point code from Amazon is all I would need?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can play it on your us xbox. Becareful with the point code as I have heard certain ones don't work with the hungarian market place. The only ones I can personally confirm working are bing codes and 800 point US amazon codes

yes AND no. i found out the hard way, 400 point codes dont work for hungary (at least those bought of amazon or GS). I had to use a 800 point code to get it to apply to my hungary account.

COVERSLY--you could add any msp to a us account, and migrate it to hungary

[quote name='IMikeU']Sad I missed out on the Far Cry 3 Deluxe Bundle for $5 :( Even though I have yet bought the actual game.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't feel too bad about it, the base game has a million missions and tons of weapons anyway.

Does anyone know if the mystery wheel from the sales app is changing at all? The loser deals and Chain Reaction have been the same for weeks, I really hope this app doesn't die but it sure is being neglected now.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Right now the Anniversary GonD is $10 compared to 1600 MSP for Anniversary Episodes 1-4. I believe achievements are the only difference.
My Legende disc has been sitting in the back of a cabinet, since finishing it 7 years ago, waiting for the Anniversary Episodes DLC. I thought this was going to be the day.[/QUOTE]

I thought the anniversary DLC would be on sale as well. Why the hell would they miss an opportunity to make money?

[quote name='Blade3D']Cool, got the migration to Hungary on an extra account, going to add 800MSP. I wish I would have done this a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Well there are not a lot of games to buy with a US xbox from Hungary. If you have a PAL xbox it is more useful. Sleeping Dogs is by far the best region free game to get a sale on the Hungarian marketplace.

So someone said I could add 400 points to my 2nd US account and then migrate it and the points should work?

I don't pay much attention to these publisher sales. Do season passes ever show up on them? Would be interested in the ACIII season pass, but I doubt it would be on there given all of the DLC hasn't even released yet.

Since this weeks sales were lame (GTA AGAIN!), side from the few Square Enix deals, Im really excited for the Dead Space 3 Addon being released as well as End Game for BF3! :)

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Im really excited for the Dead Space 3 Addon[/QUOTE]
Have you seen any reviews? I loved DS3 but I'm not sure about this DLC since I just have a ton of other games to play right now.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Since this weeks sales were lame (GTA AGAIN!), side from the few Square Enix deals, Im really excited for the Dead Space 3 Addon being released as well as End Game for BF3! :)[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up: I finished the DLC and It's fun, but $10 for 1:30 hour might not be someones cup of tea. If I didn't have a co-op buddie that I knew in the real world I probably would have passed. It's better then severed though.

I still can't believe GTA isn't $5 yet for how many sales It's had. Never been a big fan of GTA, but for $5 I'd probably get a digital copy of it.

Anyways I bought Fighting Vipers with the last of my points. Hopefully a game goes on sale for 120 or less... because that's all I have left :(

[quote name='bardockkun']Quick question, but for Sleeping Dogs from the Hungary marketplace, will the game work with the US DLC or does it have to be bought from Hungarian marketplace as well?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know about this

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well there are not a lot of games to buy with a US xbox from Hungary. If you have a PAL xbox it is more useful. Sleeping Dogs is by far the best region free game to get a sale on the Hungarian marketplace.

So someone said I could add 400 points to my 2nd US account and then migrate it and the points should work?[/QUOTE]

I've seen plenty of deals since my time on here.

[quote name='mer71']Is Sleeping Dogs worth it at 1600 space bucks?[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, one of my favorite open world games of this generation. That being said, I personally cap myself at $10 for digital content, to me $20 is just too much to spend on a game that I can't re-sell or lend to a friend.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Just a heads up: I finished the DLC and It's fun, but $10 for 1:30 hour might not be someones cup of tea. If I didn't have a co-op buddie that I knew in the real world I probably would have passed. It's better then severed though.

I still can't believe GTA isn't $5 yet for how many sales It's had. Never been a big fan of GTA, but for $5 I'd probably get a digital copy of it.

Anyways I bought Fighting Vipers with the last of my points. Hopefully a game goes on sale for 120 or less... because that's all I have left :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Have you seen any reviews? I loved DS3 but I'm not sure about this DLC since I just have a ton of other games to play right now.[/QUOTE]

I already bought it regardless since Im a big fan of the game (and I still have like 7000mspts). From what I have heard it is short and creepy (like Monsta Mack said) but if you play alotta of horror you may be so desensitized that nothing creeps out or scares a regular to the genre anymore. To the average person (new to the genre) its supposed to be really scary. I can let you know what I think of it when Im done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back