XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snakemaster2389']what hungarian games can u play on a us console?[/QUOTE]

The two that I have found are

Sleeping dogs
Tomb raider Anv

Does anyone know of more?

[quote name='tylerh1701']As for this week's sales, I think I'll probably just demo that Mensa Academy game. I just laughed this morning when I saw GTA DLC for half off as the DotW.

Oh, also nice to see Alien Spidy 100% confirmed. The game looks fun, I love 2D platformers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiCAOgNSf4A

Skip to 1:20ish for actual gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I played it at PAX, it's a surprisingly little challenging platformer.

edit: WOW that trailer makes it look like a different game... in terms of level design. I hope it still has that kind of quality of levels because when I saw it the levels were more like short challenges, not a Story mode. or that's how it felt.

So is the Wallace DLC for Scott Pilgrim not coming out today? I don't see it on the Marketplace.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']^ It comes out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ohh, Major Nelson updated his post. It said the 12th, today, earlier at about 6am when he posted it.

[quote name='sicsonic']So is the Wallace DLC for Scott Pilgrim not coming out today? I don't see it on the Marketplace.[/QUOTE]
Major Nelson updated his blog post, it's set for tomorrow.

Nothing for me this week unless I don't own Missing Link already. I haven't started Deus Ex yet, but I feel like I downloaded that already.

[quote name='Bradisback']The two that I have found are

Sleeping dogs
Tomb raider Anv

Does anyone know of more?[/QUOTE]

I got orange box, portal 2, left 4 dead 2, TTT2, KOF13, and SSF4AE

I will say this though the downloads move like molasses

[quote name='McPhorks']I got orange box, portal 2, left 4 dead 2, TTT2, KOF13, and SSF4AE

I will say this though the downloads move like molasses[/QUOTE]

These are Hungarian games that play on US xboxs?

Thank god for the Square Enix sale to save this week. With the S&S+ app not being updated again I believe it is officially dead.

-Bought Mini Ninjas Adventures during the holiday sale. Time to pick up the GonD version! Yay! The disc seems like it's not available at many places and about $20.

-I looked up prices for TR Underworld and it's $15-20 in most cases so I'm going to buy the GonD + 2 DLC packs for $20 total.

-Apparently I already own Puzzle Arcade. Was it on sale on the S&S+ app like a month or 2 ago? Xbox.com doesn't show that I've purchased it and it's not in my purchase history but when I went to buy it from the trial it showed the full game. Nice.

-I bought Kane & Lynch 2 from Newegg like 1-2 months ago for $10 so time to get the DLC. I think XBLDB said this is the first time the DLC has been on sale.

-I'm still debating on Dungeon Siege III. I enjoyed the demo and the achievements seem doable but the DLC has never been on sale and is 800 MSP. If I buy it that will drain my remaining Target points. :( Plus I've been trying to not buy RPGs or games that seem average when I still have stuff like Oblivion/Skyrim + DLC or better games to play. That's why I've passed on KoA previously.

Thankfully my sister got me 1600 MSP for Christmas so I'll finally redeem that once this is over and I like another sale. I already own everything I want from next week's Ubisoft sale so at least I'll get a break for a week. :)

[quote name='cancerman1120']These are Hungarian games that play on US xboxs?[/QUOTE]

Yes all were bought through the hungarian marketplace over the last few weeks. They were all downloaded on to a US xbox and all run perfectly. There were many other region free games during the last few sales that I passed on cause me or my room mate had them already. But there a lot that work and you can save a good bit of money as they get some silly low prices at times

[quote name='McPhorks']Yes all were bought through the hungarian marketplace over the last few weeks. They were all downloaded on to a US xbox and all run perfectly. There were many other region free games during the last few sales that I passed on cause me or my room mate had them already. But there a lot that work and you can save a good bit of money as they get some silly low prices at times[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. That list on xbox360achievements is a little confusing then (at least for me). They only list a few games in the OP that work on US xboxs. I guess the others are only listed in the following threads based on sales.

I'm trying to buy Sleeping Dogs off my new Hungarian account but I've run into a problem - the page says more information is needed to complete this purchase, then asks for email (which i did earlier with Hungary as region) then the billing information which has me stumped because it needs a 4 digit Hungarian postal code. Looks like I screwed this up but is there a way to solve this? I already redeemed my bing rewards points before i attempted the purchase so i guess it's all or nothing at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='Cleaner7']
-Apparently I already own Puzzle Arcade. Was it on sale on the S&S+ app like a month or 2 ago? Xbox.com doesn't show that I've purchased it and it's not in my purchase history but when I went to buy it from the trial it showed the full game. Nice.[/QUOTE]

I think it was, actually.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Ok cool. That list on xbox360achievements is a little confusing then (at least for me). They only list a few games in the OP that work on US xboxs. I guess the others are only listed in the following threads based on sales.[/QUOTE]
From the first page, scroll down to the 4th post for region free games. Post 6, 7, and 9 are games you can purchase for cheap. X360A.org has a limit for 10,000 characters per post.

[quote name='sicsonic']I think it was, actually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was, I remember wanting to get it but 400 still seems too high for a puzzle game(lol)

If it would drop to 200 I would be all over it

[quote name='Wallace Suka']From the first page, scroll down to the 4th post for region free games. Post 6, 7, and 9 are games you can purchase for cheap. X360A.org has a limit for 10,000 characters per post.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Thanks for all the work on that thread also.

[quote name='Chico Larue']I'm trying to buy Sleeping Dogs off my new Hungarian account but I've run into a problem - the page says more information is needed to complete this purchase, then asks for email (which i did earlier with Hungary as region) then the billing information which has me stumped because it needs a 4 digit Hungarian postal code. Looks like I screwed this up but is there a way to solve this? I already redeemed my bing rewards points before i attempted the purchase so i guess it's all or nothing at this point. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing to me I just followed what it wanted and gave it a Hungarian postal code and fake address. Thanks google.

Well I was able to do it with no problems.

Set up a Hungary Hotmail Account
Set up a Hungary Xbox Account
Purchased an 800 point online code from the US Amazon Store
Added the 800 points to account after using Budapest Postal Code 1075
Purchased game and it is downloading.

Thanks everyone for the help and information. $5 for this game is a steal.

Now I definitely wish I would have done this sooner. Oh well I am set up now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I was able to do it with no problems.

Set up a Hungary Hotmail Account
Set up a Hungary Xbox Account
Purchased an 800 point online code from the US Amazon Store
Added the 800 points to account after using Budapest Postal Code 1075
Purchased game and it is downloading.

Thanks everyone for the help and information. $5 for this game is a steal.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure if you are buying from amazon only buy the 800msp code. The 400msp codes do not work.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Thank you. Thanks for all the work on that thread also.[/QUOTE]
You are welcome. I am trying to create a master list, but I live in New York City in the US. So, if anyone from the UK/EU/Japan/HK has bought anything from the US Marketplace GoD section.... Please PM me on which games you have bought.

[quote name='Bradisback']Just be sure if you are buying from amazon only buy the 800msp code. The 400msp codes do not work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that 800 is the one to use so I did not risk it. I will hopefully use the other 400 at some point.

[quote name='sicsonic']Ok but what about the IP addresses and getting a Hungarian one and the VPN stuff people are talking about?[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it won't let you buy the game even with the right account if it has an ip lock on it.

That is sort of the question I do have though. If I find a game on the Hungarian site that is region locked does it know I have a US xbox and will not allow the purchase or will I find out the hard way when I try to play it?

[quote name='cancerman1120']
I am pretty sure it won't let you buy the game even with the right account if it has an ip lock on it.

That is sort of the question I do have though. If I find a game on the Hungarian site that is region locked does it know I have a US xbox and will not allow the purchase or will I find out the hard way when I try to play it?[/QUOTE]
Region locked games from GoD does not let you buy the game, unless you have that marketplace xbox to download from or it is region locked based on disc form.
IP locked games means you can not buy another region GoD games period unless you have VPN and the right xbox.

[quote name='Phased']Did the same thing to me I just followed what it wanted and gave it a Hungarian postal code and fake address. Thanks google.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, that did the trick!

We should create a list of all Hungarian region-free games that are cheaper than NA prices
So far I only know of
Sleeping Dogs £ 990.00 (this translate to how many MSP?)
Link

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']I have 6 MS battery packs that cannot hold a charge. Last week my single Play & Charge cable started to fail and will only power a controller when it is held upside down.

The same day this happened, my third PS3 failed to eject a disc (first two had YLOD within days after purchase.) I'm debating fixing or selling as the two DualShock 3s I have do not hold charges either and only power on while plugged into the console.

This all happened two days before receiving my newly repaired Wii in the mail. This was the second time it has been sent out because it stopped reading discs altogether.
[/QUOTE]

Three words: Mercury-In-Retrograde. Everything tends to fail or go-wrong during these, and it happens 3-4x a year. My damn doctor's office decided to upgrade their computer system during the start of this cycle... I got to spend 25 minutes with them trying to upgrade outdated information they had on record for me from over 10 years ago. In the past, I've gotten into car accidents from brakes refusing to work, I've had computers brownout from freak electrical surges, and I've had family have to return numerous big ticket purchases bought during these phases. Real astrology, it's no joke.
(my tinfoil hate>>> :dunce:)

sleeping dogs for 400 MSP is an amazing price. It'd be kinda funny hungry probably has 2 people with xboxs and this will be the most downloaded item ever.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']Just Redboxed and beat the new TR. Liked it so figured I'd try the old ones finally. Best timing a sale has had for me in a while. Grabbing Anniversary at least.[/QUOTE]

Just my 2 pennies, but I found Legend way-more enjoyable than Anniversary. Of course, my perspective was going forward from the base game (Legend) and moving to the drearier Anniversary, it just seemed kind of soul-less by comparison--and more unforgiving, too. Maybe it's a case of not knowing what you're missing though, especially playing it in reverse after a reimagined kicker like the new TR.

[quote name='Blade3D']I just bought and downloaded on the Hungarian marketplace on my xbox with no problem.[/QUOTE]

What sort of points did you use or where did you purchase your points from ?

[quote name='neo_anomaly']What sort of points did you use or where did you purchase your points from ?[/QUOTE]
it's the 800 MSP online sold on Amazon
Bing points works too

ok i have a hungary account now on my us xbox. what games can i play? a list would be appreciated

Region Free Games
Sleeping Dogs
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

[quote name='neo_anomaly']What sort of points did you use or where did you purchase your points from ?[/QUOTE]

800 MSP from Amazon.

[quote name='MasaTFC']go figure, moondiver is not on this list.

so you have to have a AU/ Hungarian account to get sleeping dogs cheap?[/QUOTE]

yup u need to make a hungarian account and thats it.

How safe or sturdy is it for people with US Xbox to use a vpn to get things off the Hungarian marketplace? I have seen numerous arguments about legality and possibly being banned by microsoft, while I am all about saving a few dollars here and there, I wondered how many people had been banned, if banning is a big possibility (the legality and the xbox's tos has 50/50 detractors/supporters on other sites).......I want to jump in, but just a bit timid sadly, and not sure I totally understand how to do it if i were to jump in (using a vpn and proxy is what i am not sure of)

[quote name='franscodelamrte']How safe or sturdy is it for people with US Xbox to use a vpn to get things off the Hungarian marketplace? I have seen numerous arguments about legality and possibly being banned by microsoft, while I am all about saving a few dollars here and there, I wondered how many people had been banned, if banning is a big possibility (the legality and the xbox's tos has 50/50 detractors/supporters on other sites).......I want to jump in, but just a bit timid sadly, and not sure I totally understand how to do it if i were to jump in (using a vpn and proxy is what i am not sure of)[/QUOTE]

No one has ever been banned for buying games from another region, whether or not VPN was used. I personally have several Japanese XBLA and GoD games, though I didn't use VPN for any of them. I would not worry about getting in trouble for it though.

[quote name='shajek']What happened with the FC3 DLC?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking, I am also wondering about that. It says 800 not 400 pts. Did the sale start and end already or is it something that is starting soon?

[quote name='canvasch']the 3-19 ubisoft sale has me excited... i want far cry 3 to be on sale for $45 or below!![/QUOTE]

Far Cry 3 is $45 already. doubt that gonna be on sale though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back