XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Thanks for asking, I am also wondering about that. It says 800 not 400 pts. Did the sale start and end already or is it something that is starting soon?[/QUOTE]

No clue, must be over already. It looks like it actually dropped on 3-8, but didn't make it into the OP until yesterday afternoon. Then it expired today.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Far Cry 3 is $45 already. doubt that gonna be on sale though.[/QUOTE]

Where are you seeing it for 45?

[quote name='eastx']No one has ever been banned for buying games from another region, whether or not VPN was used. I personally have several Japanese XBLA and GoD games, though I didn't use VPN for any of them. I would not worry about getting in trouble for it though.[/QUOTE]

Appreciated, how is the best way to go about it then without using a vpn, since those ar the only methods I have seen posted, if you would like to provide a link rather than having to write it all about, that would be much appreciated as well

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Appreciated, how is the best way to go about it then without using a vpn, since those ar the only methods I have seen posted, if you would like to provide a link rather than having to write it all about, that would be much appreciated as well[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had the same question. I really wanna get Sleeping Dogs for 400 MSP and I was wondering if I could add 400 points to a US account and migrate it to Hungary to buy the game. Also, after it is done downloading, would I be able to play it with a different US gamertag on the same console?

[quote name='ddhex27']Where are you seeing it for 45?[/QUOTE]

It was $45 when it first came out on games on demand and i downloaded it. wow, they upped it to 60 lol

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This thread's title should be changed to "Hungarian XBL Deals" with the way things have changed around here lately.[/QUOTE]

Things go off the rails every time they put GTA on sale. At least it's not another Limbo discussion.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Appreciated, how is the best way to go about it then without using a vpn, since those ar the only methods I have seen posted, if you would like to provide a link rather than having to write it all about, that would be much appreciated as well[/QUOTE]

None of these methods require VPN. Just make a Hungarian account log in and buy the game it's really that easy.

[quote name='McPhorks']None of these methods require VPN. Just make a Hungarian account log in and buy the game it's really that easy.[/QUOTE]

how do i make hungarian account can i play the game on my US account
since i have to buy $10 of points on amazon i think ill get this and the $5 kamikazee island dlc and with the $20 i was gona buy the game with originally get the new dlc that came out today for $7, and get the nightmare one for 3.50 and the wheels of fury for 4, all for $14.50
all together $24.50 for the game and all the story dlc

[quote name='McPhorks']None of these methods require VPN. Just make a Hungarian account log in and buy the game it's really that easy.[/QUOTE]

Again apologies for asking questions that have been answered to various degrees ad nauseum, and yes you can tar and feather me for this. I understand creating the Hungarian account on xbox.com and making sure to use their zipcode. it has been mentioned that points have to be added to the account, i bought a 1600msp code from someone on here recently, but am not sure if it is "region-free". My question here is where the game is purchased from? xbox.com itself or do i sign in with the hungarian account on my xbox and buy it (i am guessing it is the first option). Since this account it not my real account am i able to play the game when i log into my main american account once it has fully downloaded to the system under the hungarian account? (Hope my wording makes sense) that last part is the one i am not sure about the most

[quote name='boris1']how do i make hungarian account can i play the game on my US account
since i have to buy $10 of points on amazon i think ill get this and the $5 kamikazee island dlc and with the $20 i was gona buy the game with originally get the new dlc that came out today for $7, and get the nightmare one for 3.50 and the wheels of fury for 4, all for $14.50
all together $24.50 for the game and all the story dlc[/QUOTE]

You just log in with the hungarian one download it and log out. When you buy a game you get two licenses one which ties to the gamertag and one which ties to the console. So anyone will be able to play on that console or on another if you have the hungarian account logged in to it.

Someone was talking about migrating a current US account to Hungary earlier. Sorry for repeating the question, but does anyone know if I could add 400 MSP to the US account, migrate it to Hungary, and use the points to download Sleeping Dogs? The goal would be to play it with my US account.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This thread's title should be changed to "Hungarian XBL Deals" with the way things have changed around here lately.[/QUOTE]

Just a few of us asking to be taught the ways of international CAG. :D I have ignored it before but $5 Sleeping Dogs was too good not to finally ask what to do. Getting TR:Anniversary for $5 was just a bonus.

[quote name='mastaspy007']Someone was talking about migrating a current US account to Hungary earlier. Sorry for repeating the question, but does anyone know if I could add 400 MSP to the US account, migrate it to Hungary, and use the points to download Sleeping Dogs? The goal would be to play it with my US account.[/QUOTE]
I want to do this too cuz then i dont have to buy more points

[quote name='cancerman1120']Just a few of us asking to be taught the ways of international CAG. :D I have ignored it before but $5 Sleeping Dogs was too good not to finally ask what to do. Getting TR:Anniversary for $5 was just a bonus.[/QUOTE]
It was a joke suggestion.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']
In other news I enjoyed the Dead Space DLC. Its good if you are a true fan of the series.[/QUOTE]

Which Dead Space DLC are you referring to? I'm a huge fan of the series, but don't have DLC for any of them (just got LIVE in December).

[quote name='boris1']i made 1 i was never asked for a zip code tho i just wana make sure im good to go to add 800 points[/QUOTE]

When you add the 800 point code it will ask for more information. That is when you will enter the Hungary postal code.

Thought this might help. Tyler H, feel free to add this to the OP.

Buying content from foreign countries

Sometimes other markets have content available for cheaper prices. As long as the content is region-free, it can be purchased and played on any Xbox around the world. To purchase content from foreign markets, you can do one of two things: create a new account or migrate an existing one.

Create a new account
This can be done one of two ways.
One – you can create a new Hotmail account with the region you are wishing to purchase from listed as your address.
Two – go directly to the xbox page of the region you wish to purchase from. Create a new account making sure to list a zip code from that region.
Once the account is created, you can only add region-free Microsoft points. All points from Bing are region-free, as well as 800 point codes sold in stores.
After the account is created, you can download the account onto your Xbox and download the content.

Migrate an existing account
Before being the migration process, make sure you have enough Microsoft points on your account to cover any purchases.
Go here: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/AccountMigration (NOTE: adjust /en-US/ to reflect own marketplace; the one used is for the US market)
Select the country you would like to migrate to purchase other content. All countries that have an Xbox marketplace are listed; however, not all countries are listed in the English vernacular. For example, if you were migrating to Hungary, the choice would be Magyarorszag.
Confirm the migration.
An Xbox account can only be migrated once every three months.

[quote name='Wrong']Thought this might help. Tyler H, feel free to add this to the OP.

Sometimes other markets have content available for cheaper prices. As long as the content is region-free, it can be purchased and played on any Xbox around the world. To purchase content from foreign markets, you can do one of two things: create a new account or migrate an existing one.

Create a new account
One – you can create a new Hotmail account with the region you are wishing to purchase from listed as your address.
Two – go directly to the xbox page of the region you wish to purchase from. Create a new account making sure to list a zip code from that region.
Once the account is created, you can only add region-free Microsoft points. All points from Bing are region-free, as well as 800 point codes sold in stores.
After the account is created, you can download the account onto your Xbox and download the content.

Before being the migration process, make sure you have enough Microsoft points on your account to cover any purchases.
Go here: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/AccountMigration (NOTE: adjust /en-US/ to reflect own marketplace; the one used is for the US market)
Select the country you would like to migrate to purchase other content. All countries that have an Xbox marketplace are listed; however, not all countries are listed in the English vernacular. For example, if you were migrating to Hungary, the choice would be Magyarorszag.
Confirm the migration.
[/QUOTE]

Nice thanks, does migrating work for hungary and can I buy sleeping dogs, then switch back to US?

[quote name='Wrong']Thought this might help. Tyler H, feel free to add this to the OP.

Create a new account

Confirm the migration.
[/QUOTE]

for the win. this should have its own thread.:applause:

[quote name='boris1']how do I make hungary hotmail account[/QUOTE]
You don't need one just make a yahoo account and link it when you make a new account

[quote name='boris1']Nice thanks, does migrating work for hungary and can I buy sleeping dogs, then switch back to US?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can migrate your account to Hungary (Note: Hungary is not listed as Hungary in the migration page), then migrate it back. You just need to wait three months after the time you originally migrate it to migrate it back.

Does that help?

[quote name='Wrong']Yes, you can migrate your account to Hungary (Note: Hungary is not listed as Hungary in the migration page), then migrate it back. You just need to wait three months after the time you originally migrate it to migrate it back.

Does that help?[/QUOTE]

thank you 3 months tho dang is it worth it so i dont have to spend $10 on more points when I already have a lot, and I only want to spend $5 too and to have it on the download history of my main account

Just did the process and Sleeping Dogs is downloading now. To clarify, when you go to migrate your account select "Magyar" as Hungary is not listed. From there, when you go to download the game itself it will ask you for security information and that is where you list your Hungarian address. A simple Google search will turn up ones that you can use.

Also, I added 400 points from an Amazon download code to a dummy account before migrating. I'll post here again once the download is done if I am able to successfully play the game from my primary US account.

Create a new account

Confirm the migration.
[/QUOTE]

Damn I was already in the process of creating a separate thread for these sales, albeit your is worded better than mine
Mind if I use this for the supposed thread?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Out of curiosity, does the Hungarian marketplace have Mass Effect 2 or 3 DLC any cheaper than the US Marketplace? I'd consider making an account for that.[/QUOTE]
All DLCs and Arcade games are the same amount of MSP, no matter which region it is.

[quote name='knight19']Which Dead Space DLC are you referring to? I'm a huge fan of the series, but don't have DLC for any of them (just got LIVE in December).[/QUOTE]

It came out today for Dead Space 3. Its called "Awakened" and continues from the end of part 3.

more hungary questions...
all my points are on my main account, USA .... if i migrate to hungary (i realize I have to wait 3 months to go back after) will I be able to play my current games (GoD and XBLA) without any issues... also... will my Hulu and Netflix still work??

[quote name='canvasch']more hungary questions...
all my points are on my main account, USA .... if i migrate to hungary (i realize I have to wait 3 months to go back after) will I be able to play my current games (GoD and XBLA) without any issues... also... will my Hulu and Netflix still work??[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would just create a second US based account, add the points and migrate the new one. The new account can be attached to your xbox, and you can use all the games the new account purchases on your existing account. This way you do not need to worry about things on your main account not working.

just got the game 400 points woot
what do i use the other 400 on tho the zodiac dlc? its 400 but such a rip off compared to how I Just got the whole game 400
then thinkin of getting the nightmar dlc, wheels of fury, and the new year of the dragon dlc for $14.50 on my main account I almost bought the game $20 so its all like free lol

oh yea i rented this so i know its good already, deleted my save tho now I have to beat game again

now thats it downloading i realized is this going to be in english? lol

[quote name='boris1']just got the game 400 points woot
what do i use the other 400 on tho the zodiac dlc? its 400 but such a rip off compared to how I Just got the whole game 400
then thinkin of getting the nightmar dlc, wheels of fury, and the new year of the dragon dlc for $14.50 on my main account I almost bought the game $20 so its all like free lol

oh yea i rented this so i know its good already, deleted my save tho now I have to beat game again

now thats it downloading i realized is this going to be in english? lol[/QUOTE]

Yes it is in English. I used my other 400 points on Tomb Raider:Anniversary which is on sale for 400 points also. If you like that type of game of course.

when you go to buy the game, it will give you a small... pop in window...
check the pic!
1464791-XJZGTZK.png

( I'll just try and get enough bing points to buy sleeping dogs for 400 msp before the sale ends.... it will be close! lol.... i own the game but would love to get it for 400 msp and sell the disc)

[quote name='franscodelamrte']my other question about Hungarian Marketplace, is how to use the points to purchase a game (using the website not on the console, i know how to do that)[/QUOTE]

When you go to the page of the item you are purchasing, click on the button on the left-hand side under the picture of the game art. The button will have a graphic of a completely white controller. Once you click the button, a purchase menu will pop up. You will notice two sentences of green text toward the upper-middle part of the page. Click the one to the right. This will allow you to purchase the game with Microsoft points instead of money. Once the amount has been converted, you will notice the breakdown with switch to Microsoft points as well. Once you can verify you have enough to purchase the game, click the green button on the bottom. You should then go to a confirmation page saying you have purchased the item.

I feel this would be better explained with pictures. If you still have trouble, shoot me a PM, and I will make a guide with pictures to put up.

Edit: Nevermind. Look above. canvasch has got exactly what I was talking about. It will be the same format for each marketplace. So, even if you can't read it, you know where everything is supposed to be.

Got Sleeping Dogs from the Hungarian marketplace and got Nightmare at North Point from the American marketplace and they both work with one another incase anyone is wondering.

ok thanks everybody, will probably try this in a little bit when i get home from work.

It seems that the dlc is the same price as it is on the US marketplace for all the others, now would this transfer just as well i am guessing? (as in that the dlc is universal since its the same size and price everywhere?) Otherwise I would probably end up going to the official xbox marketplace trade thread to see if anyone had 2 800msp (region free) codes for a 1600msp code.

[quote name='bardockkun']Got Sleeping Dogs from the Hungarian marketplace and got Nightmare at North Point from the American marketplace and they both work with one another incase anyone is wondering.[/QUOTE]

@franscodelamrte

ugh, wish I could afford the 5 bucks for Sleeping Dogs. stupid money issues. is this the first time the game has been this cheap on Live? wish the sale would last much longer so I could get the game for my birthday

[/QUOTE]
I hate to be a party downer, but can we please keep "how to break Xbox Live's EULA" discussions out of this thread?

I don't care what other thread it goes in, but just not this one. Thanks! :p

[quote name='Chardyll']Debating on the Missing Link. Has anyone played it? Is it worth 600 points?[/QUOTE]
Ehhh, if you enjoyed the gameplay of Deus Ex then it's "possibly" worth it. Otherwise it tries to shoehorn a plot in where Jensen sneaks onto the island via the ship near the end of the game at the end and it doesn't really have much of a payoff. I Mean it's good that it finally gave me a boss fight where I can sneak in and knock their ass out before anyone knows what's happening, otherwise it isn't really worth it.

It doesn't add or change anything from the main story in anyway as well. It gives you some small tidbits of additional story, but that's it.

Can the disc version of Episodes of Liberty Cities be installed to the hard drive?
I know there can be some issue with DLC or Arcade content being unable to be installed.

Also, the disc version is essentially a standalone expansion while the download version requires GTA4 to run off of, correct? I bought GTA4 at release but still haven't beaten the main story (3/5 through). Maybe I should just focus on that for now.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Can the disc version of Episodes of Liberty Cities be installed to the hard drive?
I know there can be some issue with DLC or Arcade content being unable to be installed.

Also, the disc version is essentially a standalone expansion while the download version requires GTA4 to run off of, correct? I bought GTA4 at release but still haven't beaten the main story (3/5 through). Maybe I should just focus on that for now.[/QUOTE]

Episodes isn't like say the Fallout DLC disk, it's just a standalone game basically, so it can be installed but you still have to have the disc in to play it. And yeah the download requires GTA4 to play, the disc doesn't

[quote name='bardockkun']Ehhh, if you enjoyed the gameplay of Deus Ex then it's "possibly" worth it. Otherwise it tries to shoehorn a plot in where Jensen sneaks onto the island via the ship near the end of the game at the end and it doesn't really have much of a payoff. I Mean it's good that it finally gave me a boss fight where I can sneak in and knock their ass out before anyone knows what's happening, otherwise it isn't really worth it.

It doesn't add or change anything from the main story in anyway as well. It gives you some small tidbits of additional story, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

this.

its also got several easy achievements. its not bad. an extra what 2 hours of play time?

Anybody have any thoughts on GTA Vs Sleeping Dogs? I've been itching for for open world city game lately.

Also is either worse in relation to M-rated content?

Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back