XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kayne2000']this.

its also got several easy achievements. its not bad. an extra what 2 hours of play time?[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's it? I don't mind that it's short, b/c I loved HR, but 2 hours isn't worth $7.50 in my book. Guess I'll pass. Thanks to you and bardockkun for the replies.

[quote name='Chardyll']Damn, that's it? I don't mind that it's short, b/c I loved HR, but 2 hours isn't worth $7.50 in my book. Guess I'll pass. Thanks to you and bardockkun for the replies.[/QUOTE]

Being CAG this is REALLY subjective but $7.50 for 2 hours works out to 16 hours for a $60 full game. The new Tomb Raider clocks in at about 12 hours (18+ for a completionist) and it was worth every penny. If you love Deus Ex then 2 more hours for $7.50 is not outrageous in the grand scheme. Again, completely subjective though.

[quote name='Chardyll']Damn, that's it? I don't mind that it's short, b/c I loved HR, but 2 hours isn't worth $7.50 in my book. Guess I'll pass. Thanks to you and bardockkun for the replies.[/QUOTE]

It took me longer than two hours, probably like five on my first playthrough. There's also an achievement for doing a no-upgrade run. I got it on the last sale and I was pretty happy with that price for the content. It reminded me a bit of MGS2's Tanker level.

The problem with the DLC though is it just adds nothing to the overall scheme of things. When I first read about the DLC it said you could basically reassign all your upgrades, but the problem is though is that all of it is self contained within that DLC. So basically you access it from the menu and play it there, but it doesn't add any new enemies or interesting twists. It's just a side story for something that doesn't need a side story and just raises more questions then answers. It's just literally shoehorned in. For 600 MS points and with 2-3 hours of gameplay I expect something out of it, but outside of the achievements it's literally pointless unless you're a super completionist.

In short...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXpuRIZzJog

And I loved Deus Ex:HR, but this is cash grab DLC.

I loved Missing Link, but I also loved the hell out of Deus Ex. Is this the lowest it has been? I swear I got it cheaper than this somehow...

Thanks for the heads up on the fc3 dlc Tyler. Its a god damn shame for me though because I just bought the game yesterday and thought it was pretty awesome so the dlc at 400 would've been nice. My inner cag refuses under any circumstances, unless its a on disk situation, to pay more than a previous sale price. So I'll look to get it at 400 or forget it.

WHOOOOOO!!!!!! Darkstalkers comes out today!!!! :D:D:D

Will be picking up some Sleepy Dawgs DLC (not too many items though, as I am hoping for a GotY or 'Complete' edition that has everything so I can double-dip on that version) and maybe the Just Cause 2 items.
For anyone who knows (since I haven't ever sunk too much time into JC2 but want to dig it out of my backlog): Do the Just Cause 2 packs have items not found in the game or are they just early unlocks or alternate weapon and jet skins or something?

I wish I didn't miss out on that Far Cry 3 DLC though, that would have been nice to get.

[quote name='Chardyll']Debating on the Missing Link. Has anyone played it? Is it worth 600 points?[/QUOTE]
I want to play it. I downloaded it in August or so of last year during a sale and then left the country for here. I tried to play it shortly after arriving and it wouldn't allow me to play it offline. At the time I did not have internet and still only have really terrible, capped, super-expensive internet at the moment ($220 a month for .74 Mbps Up and .35 Mbps Down internet, that was just raised from 9GB capped per month up to 20GB) that I don't use my Xbox on too often.
I'm not sure if the content is online-only or if I need to download a patch though. Does anyone have any ideas or input on that issue?

[quote name='MRGx']ugh, wish I could afford the 5 bucks for Sleeping Dogs. stupid money issues. is this the first time the game has been this cheap on Live? wish the sale would last much longer so I could get the game for my birthday[/QUOTE]

I can Paypal you five bucks if ya want

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
I'm not sure if the content is online-only or if I need to download a patch though. Does anyone have any ideas or input on that issue?[/QUOTE]

Has to be a patch.

Missing Link is totally worth the 600 points if you liked the game. Great add-on and they listened to feedback where they could.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Anybody have any thoughts on GTA Vs Sleeping Dogs? I've been itching for for open world city game lately.

Also is either worse in relation to M-rated content?

Appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

I liked Sleeping Dogs way better, to me GTA IV was boring, they really stripped all the fun out of the GTA series. Also keep in mind that Sleeping Dogs is less than a year old and GTV IV is close to 5 years old, so to me Sleeping Dogs looks and plays quite a bit better.

Both are rated M for a reason.

[quote name='mpaullin']So did a thread get created elsewhere for making Hungarian accounts? I had a few questions but don't want to clutter this thread.[/QUOTE]
A thread was created last night, but it appears to have been deleted.

[quote name='mpaullin']So did a thread get created elsewhere for making Hungarian accounts? I had a few questions but don't want to clutter this thread.[/QUOTE]

Go check on x360a, I'm sure they have a thread about creating foreign accounts, seems to be a prohibited topic around here.

Scott Pilgrim DLC is FINALLY out now, in case anyone cares. Just bought it myself. Gonna see how Wallace plays. Anyone still interested in playing it online co-op?

Also, yeah, it's 400 MSP. And it's like 350 KB, so the patch has most of the meat in it. Which I guess means the $5 price tag is because of the cost of patching on XBLA, yeah? At least they were nice enough to throw in a free online play level.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The update lets you try out the MP before buying it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it doesn't let you play as Wallace does it?

Besides, I liked the game enough to kick in the $5 without too much fuss (my main complaint was lack of online co-op anyways, their excuse for not including it was kinda bs, if your budget wasn't high enough to include it, just admit it, I can understand Ubisoft's reluctance to dump too much money into this, seeing as it was kind of a surprise hit). All the waiting since last year was killing me anyways, at least it's got achievements.

Edit @ below: That's what I figured. Booting up Xbox now, will give impressions later.

I don't know if this has been posted if it has sorry 'bout that

Xbox LIVE Marketplace offers the Call of Duty Black Ops II Nuketown 2025 Map Update for Xbox 360 for free

I played Darkstalkers all night on PSN and the game is utterly amazing. Some of the best 2D graphics ever and a wonderful soundtrack. The gameplay is somewhere in between Street Fighter Alpha and the VS and I loved every minute of it. I have zero expectations that modern Capcom can hope to match this with a sequel but whatever, I'll be playing this for months.

And Scott Pilgrim, a game I neglected for 3 years because it had no netplay now has it, so I have no excuse anymore. I feel like a kid again, it's the 90's and this is the longest work day in the history of mankind.

The Battlestations: Pacific DLC caught my eye - anyone here still play that game? It got decent reviews on Metacritic, but it sounds like it'd be a waste of time if it's one of those games that takes forever to find a multiplayer match.

[quote name='maxpower0965']I don't know if this has been posted if it has sorry 'bout that

Xbox LIVE Marketplace offers the Call of Duty Black Ops II Nuketown 2025 Map Update for Xbox 360 for free[/QUOTE]

Does this mean it will finally show up in normal play now? I've only ever been able to play it during the double xp events, never get it to come up when I select the other bonus playlist

Question. i already have TBOGT and TLAD, which need the GTA IV disc in the machine to play. But if i had the games on demand version of GTA IV, would i still need the disc to play the DLC episodes? Unless im wrong and you dont need the disc to play the episodes, its been a long time since i played them. But im sure i needed the disc.

You need either a disc or digital version of GTAIV to play the DLC unless they decide to release the Episodes of Liberty City game for Games on Demand.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm assuming you can't install that game onto your HDD to put less strain on the disc drive like all XBLA disc compilations, in which case pass.[/QUOTE]

The digital version takes up next to no room (it's not that complex of a game). It would probably completely reside in your Xbox's live ram anyway, so I doubt the disc reads would be a problem. For the same reason, I will stick to the digital version. It just doesn't take up that much space.

I've got like 30 gigs of Battlefield 3...

So, with the assumption that I don't want to break a EULA to save $15: Is Sleeping Dogs worth $20, and will it drop lower eventually? Are full Games on Demand installed (and quiet) like other installed games?

[quote name='JMusic']The digital version takes up next to no room (it's not that complex of a game). It would probably completely reside in your Xbox's live ram anyway, so I doubt the disc reads would be a problem. For the same reason, I will stick to the digital version. It just doesn't take up that much space.

I've got like 30 gigs of Battlefield 3...[/QUOTE]
The noise it makes when it's playing directly off the disc doesn't exactly fill my heart with much comfort.

Read Nelson's post on his blog: this is for the
millions of users who don't have their consoles connected to Live for whatever reason (cost, access, legality for the other countries listed, etc.)

[quote name='bardockkun']The noise it makes when it's playing directly off the disc doesn't exactly fill my heart with much comfort.[/QUOTE]

i said thats y i get xbox version over ps3 version before n ppl got mad

Does the XBL store online make it clear if something you're buying is a certain percentage off or not?

I ask because I'm wondering if any of the other Sleeping Dogs DLC outside of the stuff on the first page has a discount. I'm looking at the Wheels of Fury, Year of the Snake (probably not too new), Drunken Fist, and Zodiac Tournament packs, but none are on the first page so I'm not sure if they're discounted or not.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Does the XBL store online make it clear if something you're buying is a certain percentage off or not?

I ask because I'm wondering if any of the other Sleeping Dogs DLC outside of the stuff on the first page has a discount. I'm looking at the Wheels of Fury, Year of the Snake (probably not too new), Drunken Fist, and Zodiac Tournament packs, but none are on the first page so I'm not sure if they're discounted or not.[/QUOTE]
Just check the OP, it shows which ones are on sale or not compared to the mess that the marketplace shows.

[quote name='Rockabye']So, with the assumption that I don't want to break a EULA to save $15: Is Sleeping Dogs worth $20, and will it drop lower eventually? Are full Games on Demand installed (and quiet) like other installed games?[/QUOTE]

I just finished Sleeping Dogs and thought it was a lot of fun. Great fighting mechanics, good story line, lots of collectibles hidden around, good driving mechanics etc.. I was just about to pay full price for a lot of the DLC so I got lucky with this sale. Wound up saving like 15 bucks. Anyways, I definitely would recommend Sleeping Dogs for 19.99.

I just downloaded the last 2 Borderlands 2 add-ons and a bunch of the Sleeping Dog DLC and once again I have run out of hard drive space. My hard drive has been full for like the last 6 months. I did buy a couple memory sticks, which helped a bit, but as soon as I free up space, its filled up again. I just don't understand why MS wont release a larger hard drive, like a 1 TB drive. I would buy it in a heartbeat. It just doesnt make a lick of sense as at the end of the day, they are only hurting themselves. To say my purchasing of Xbox live content has dropped significantly in recent months would be a MASSIVE understatement. I used to purchase like 80% of all new releases on Xbox Live. I was going through like 1500 points every week. Now I only buy a few add ons here and there. The Cave was the first Xbox Live game I have purchased in almost 2 months.

To offer on demand games, Xbox Live games, add on content, tv shows, movies, not to mention the ability to transfer disc based games to the hard drive, yet only offer hard drives that are smaller than 500 gig's is nothing short of mind blowing. 320 gigs is completely inadequate. At least give people the option to hook up exterior hard drives. Again, it just doesn't make a lick of sense.

[quote name='JMusic']The digital version takes up next to no room (it's not that complex of a game). It would probably completely reside in your Xbox's live ram anyway, so I doubt the disc reads would be a problem. For the same reason, I will stick to the digital version. It just doesn't take up that much space.

I've got like 30 gigs of Battlefield 3...[/QUOTE]
Ugh I know, bf3 is fucking crazy big after the last update & dlc pack.

[quote name='maxpower0965']I don't know if this has been posted if it has sorry 'bout that

Xbox LIVE Marketplace offers the Call of Duty Black Ops II Nuketown 2025 Map Update for Xbox 360 for free[/QUOTE]

rofl are you serious?? i just sold someone my nuketown 2025 code on ebay only 3 weeks ago. whoever bought it must be pissed off for that

Can someone confirm that both Tomb Raider Anniversary & Tomb Raider Underworld from the Hungarian Market work on US consoles? Both are 400 MSPs.

[quote name='ooga']Can someone confirm that both Tomb Raider Anniversary & Tomb Raider Underworld from the Hungarian Market work on US consoles? Both are 400 MSPs.[/QUOTE]

Just anniversary!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Read Nelson's post on his blog: this is for the
millions of users who don't have their consoles connected to Live for whatever reason (cost, access, legality for the other countries listed, etc.)[/QUOTE]

It's probably for those people that will never pay $20 for the game as well, so now they can wait til it drops in price a little bit, even though it's worth over $20 from the start.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Yeah, but it doesn't let you play as Wallace does it?

Besides, I liked the game enough to kick in the $5 without too much fuss (my main complaint was lack of online co-op anyways, their excuse for not including it was kinda bs, if your budget wasn't high enough to include it, just admit it, I can understand Ubisoft's reluctance to dump too much money into this, seeing as it was kind of a surprise hit). All the waiting since last year was killing me anyways, at least it's got achievements.

Edit @ below: That's what I figured. Booting up Xbox now, will give impressions later.[/QUOTE]
Here's my impression so far:

Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... Server error.
Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... Server is full.
Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... Network error.

This is awesome so far!

Edit: finally got in a game... super laggy with four people. Maybe it was the guy's connection?

[quote name='simmias']Here's my impression so far:

Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... Server error.
Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... Server is full.
Connecting... Connecting... Connecting... Network error.

This is awesome so far!

Edit: finally got in a game... super laggy with four people. Maybe it was the guy's connection?[/QUOTE]

Don't think it has to do with connections. I've been playing what I can online with it since it came out last night, including playing with people from US and Japan, I'm from US, and I'm almost positive it's the game/netcode. For me atleast, the only games that I'm going to get playable are 2-3 players, and even so the best I've seen is decent, but still a little laggy to the point where levels take longer then they should. Well it's not really "laggy" as it is slow, like low-frame rate sort of.

I'm going to test it out some more here tonight, but overall I have to say I'm pretty disappointed and I've been able to tolerate some games bad netcodes in the past.

Same, I was so pissed to play the slo mo multiplayer, and also I got my ass kicked a lot before we could even get to the boss, friggin hard

[quote name='Wrong']Thought this might help. Tyler H, feel free to add this to the OP.

Buying content from foreign countries

Sometimes other markets have content available for cheaper prices. As long as the content is region-free, it can be purchased and played on any Xbox around the world.
[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it mentioned not all that long ago--I know I could SEARCH-THE-DAMN-THREAD (in the biz, that's what's called a callback, kids ;))--that a bunch of games are region locked...? That kind of defeats the purpose of suggesting it blindly in the OP, amiright?

(...I feel like Crono-00 with all of these multi-quote replies, as of late. :lol:)

[quote name='Rockabye']So, with the assumption that I don't want to break a EULA to save $15: Is Sleeping Dogs worth $20, and will it drop lower eventually? Are full Games on Demand installed (and quiet) like other installed games?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up as part of TRU's awesome 2-for-$70 sale shortly after it came out and felt guilty for paying so little. Fun mechanics (button combo fighting movies, bullettime moves, upgradeable character traits), well-written story (if not a little predictable, but in a decent-movie kind of way), lots of gameplay (50+ hours--so says my Raptr summary), my vote is a resounding YES it is worth $20. That being said, I have worried that they'll eventually make a "complete edition" of some sort down the road--as cheapass as I am, I wouldn't mind being caught in a double-dip for these guys. This is easily one of my top games of ever.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I can Paypal you five bucks if ya want[/QUOTE]

thanks for the offer but no thanks! I don't think it is worth risking my Xbox by breaking the rules after thinking about it quite a bit, God knows what Microsoft would do. I have enough bad happening to me as it is.

[quote name='MRGx']thanks for the offer but no thanks! I don't think it is worth risking my Xbox by breaking the rules after thinking about it quite a bit, God knows what Microsoft would do. I have enough bad happening to me as it is.[/QUOTE]

aw man now i feel bad for doing this im not playing it on my main account tho but dont want my xbox banned

I've downloaded most of my GOD from foreign countries and I've played online and have never got banned or anything like that (donwload on alternate account play on main account)... now I would like to ask something a little off topic, does the Halo(4) map packs ever go on sale?

I don't think anyone is going to get banned, but the reason that thread was removed from the front page was probably because it advocated breaking the EULA. I think if a similar thread was posted in the Xbox discussion thread, they'd probably let it fly.

I have a question about the Sleeping Dogs dlc.
Since there is a lot of dlc for this game, can anybody recommend which dlc is worth getting. Also the dlc for costumes/outfits and vehicles, can they also be unlocked in the game or only dlc?

[quote name='sicsonic']Don't think it has to do with connections. I've been playing what I can online with it since it came out last night, including playing with people from US and Japan, I'm from US, and I'm almost positive it's the game/netcode. For me atleast, the only games that I'm going to get playable are 2-3 players, and even so the best I've seen is decent, but still a little laggy to the point where levels take longer then they should. Well it's not really "laggy" as it is slow, like low-frame rate sort of.

I'm going to test it out some more here tonight, but overall I have to say I'm pretty disappointed and I've been able to tolerate some games bad netcodes in the past.[/QUOTE]

Well I take part of this back, I was able to get into quite a few 4 player games tonight, that were fairly playable, but that partly slow-mo gameplay does seems apparent in every online game.

Definitely should have had it in at the start, or not at all, with this quality IMO. It IS pretty fun to actually play it with 4 people at a time if you were never able to locally, though.

[quote name='xbox_man']I have a question about the Sleeping Dogs dlc.
Since there is a lot of dlc for this game, can anybody recommend which dlc is worth getting.[/QUOTE]

Zodiac Tournament is a giant martial arts championship with bits of extra story that takes place on an island accessible during the main game. Nightmare in North Point and The Year of the Snake are post-game 2-3 hour-ish campaigns. These are the only story driven DLCs. All worth if you want more Sleeping Dogs, IMO, but none is really indispensable.

[quote name='xbox_man']Also the dlc for costumes/outfits and vehicles, can they also be unlocked in the game or only dlc?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, special weapons, outfits and vehicles available through DLC are DLC only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back