XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, Sleeping Dogs looks great def thinking of getting it, but it has tons of dlc. Does Square have a history of putting out GOTY or should I just get on the train to Hungary and get the game with the few story dlc's?

[quote name='the Gooseler']Quick question, Sleeping Dogs looks great def thinking of getting it, but it has tons of dlc. Does Square have a history of putting out GOTY or should I just get on the train to Hungary and get the game with the few story dlc's?[/QUOTE]
Don't hold your breath on Square Enix doing GotY or complete editions of their games in general. So just buy it now.

[quote name='neo_anomaly']Has anyone ever tried using a 400msp Amazon code on their Hungarian account ?[/QUOTE]

I heard Amazon 400msp codes doesn't work, but can confirm that bing ones are OK. ;)

[quote name='Sath666']I heard Amazon 400msp codes doesn't work, but can confirm that bing ones are OK. ;)[/QUOTE]

Can someone give me a link to bing codes. I mean I am new to the xbox scene and don't know where to find them. I saw some rewards program. That's about it.

[quote name='neo_anomaly']Can someone give me a link to bing codes. I mean I am new to the xbox scene and don't know where to find them. I saw some rewards program. That's about it.[/QUOTE]
You redeem bing rewards points for microsoft points. You can not purchase them outright with money.

[quote name='ludwigfrech']I've downloaded most of my GOD from foreign countries and I've played online and have never got banned or anything like that (donwload on alternate account play on main account)... now I would like to ask something a little off topic, does the Halo(4) map packs ever go on sale?[/QUOTE]

I doubt the Halo 4 map packs would go on sale this early on. The Majestic Pack just came out two weeks ago and the 3rd (and possibly final) pack is coming out April 8th (Tuesday can't remember). I would imagine they will go on sale around summer time but I wouldn't hold my breath until this last map pack comes out. Either that or the season pass for the maps might go on sale.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Couple news bites, Giana Sisters will be hitting Xbox next week for 1200 MSP. Why they're releasing two platformers the same day puzzles me, but I'll eventually be getting both.
[/QUOTE]

I can see this getting a price drop to 800 msp very quickly, like scarygirl an skulls of the shogun.

What's the other platformer coming out on the 20th? You can't be talking about Alien Spidy!

[quote name='ooga']I can see this getting a price drop to 800 msp very quickly, like scarygirl an skulls of the shogun.

What's the other platformer coming out on the 20th? You can't be talking about Alien Spidy![/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What's the other game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah Alien Spidy. It's a platformer, no?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah Alien Spidy. It's a platformer, no?[/QUOTE]

I guess if you have to shoehorn it into a category you can say it's a platformer. Its far from a traditional one though.

[quote name='ooga']I guess if you have to shoehorn it into a category you can say it's a platformer. Its far from a traditional one though.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...to me it looks like the definition of 2D platformer. Yeah there's some swinging going on, but in the gameplay vids I've seen, it looks like there's a lot of normal running, jumping, and collecting going on. Maybe I'm missing something...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hmm...to me it looks like the definition of 2D platformer. Yeah there's some swinging going on, but in the gameplay vids I've seen, it looks like there's a lot of normal running, jumping, and collecting going on. Maybe I'm missing something...[/QUOTE]

You need platforms in platformers. I didn't see too many of those. ;)

I picked up Mini Ninjas for 800 pts. Nephew has replayed the demo a couple times and I had fun with it too. But when I looked around it was mostly available as used and not at proper asking prices. This is finally acceptable.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']anyone know if Brave requires kinect or can u play it just with the xbox controller?[/QUOTE]
You can play with just the controller as well.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']anyone know if Brave requires kinect or can u play it just with the xbox controller?[/QUOTE]

It's fine to play it without owning a Kinect, plugging in the Kinect just opens up an additional archery mini-game, and it's not really related to the game.

[quote name='ooga']I can see this getting a price drop to 800 msp very quickly, like scarygirl an skulls of the shogun.

What's the other platformer coming out on the 20th? You can't be talking about Alien Spidy![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Giana Sisters will get price drop fast, i'm waiting. Probably will download Alien Spidy at release for 800msp.
Talking about Crimson Dragon - meh. Don't want to buy kinect. Standard controller support or bust! :p

New Alien Spidy gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDY64CnV-VA&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, it's a platformer. My apologies Tyler. :) The still pics made it seems like a different game.

As for the name. It must be one of the stupidest I've heard in a while.

3 questions:

1 - does anyone know if you buy dlc off the hungarian marketplace, would it work with your main us account (was trying to see if all dlc is universally the same, that would explain why the msp prices for them are the same in every country).

2- Can anyone on here recommend Kingdoms of Amalur, I have been on the fence teetering on getting it/not getting it?

3- anyone who dabbles in the hungary market: do you know if tomb raider underworld or kane and lynch 2 are region free.

To Any football fans out there (nfl that is) Hope your team is having a good Free Agency period

[quote name='franscodelamrte']3 questions:

1 - does anyone know if you buy dlc off the hungarian marketplace, would it work with your main us account (was trying to see if all dlc is universally the same, that would explain why the msp prices for them are the same in every country).[/QUOTE]

ohh i needa know this too almost bought zodiac tournament dlc with the other 400 pts since i had to buy 800 waitin tho

[quote name='franscodelamrte']3 questions:

1 - does anyone know if you buy dlc off the hungarian marketplace, would it work with your main us account (was trying to see if all dlc is universally the same, that would explain why the msp prices for them are the same in every country).

2- Can anyone on here recommend Kingdoms of Amalur, I have been on the fence teetering on getting it/not getting it?

3- anyone who dabbles in the hungary market: do you know if tomb raider underworld or kane and lynch 2 are region free.

To Any football fans out there (nfl that is) Hope your team is having a good Free Agency period[/QUOTE]

amular is great. tomb raider underworld is region locked not sure about kane and lynch 2 though

[quote name='ooga']Yeah, it's a platformer. My apologies Tyler. :) The still pics made it seems like a different game.

As for the name. It must be one of the stupidest I've heard in a while.[/QUOTE]

The name is just awful.

nooooo!!! i just did some math... and by the 18th i'll be 10 bing points short of being able to buy sleeping dogs! ... that sucks!! ohh well guess it wasn't meant to be

[quote name='canvasch']nooooo!!! i just did some math... and by the 18th i'll be 10 bing points short of being able to buy sleeping dogs! ... that sucks!! ohh well guess it wasn't meant to be[/QUOTE]

says its ur last game played lol

[quote name='boris1']says its ur last game played lol[/QUOTE]

True, but... if you knew my life story (or read my post a few pages back) you'd see the quote below... from a few days ago...

[quote name='canvasch']

I'll just try and get enough bing points to buy sleeping dogs for 400 msp before the sale ends.... it will be close! lol.... i own the game but would love to get it for 400 msp and sell the disc[/QUOTE]

I do own the game, but would love to be able to sell my disc copy on ebay and rock the cheap GoD version..... so... if you could lend me 100 msp (from bing) i'll be sure pay ya back tuesday!

Okay, made my 1st (paid :)) purchase on my Hungarian account. Thank you for the heads up on that deal, Sath666! Now to glean from the thread comments which Sleeping Dogs and Deus Ex DLC is worth the MSP.

[quote name='canvasch']if you could lend me 100 msp (from bing) i'll be sure pay ya back tuesday![/QUOTE]
Hey, is that you, Wimpy? :p

[quote name='canvasch']True, but... if you knew my life story (or read my post a few pages back) you'd see the quote below... from a few days ago...

I do own the game, but would love to be able to sell my disc copy on ebay and rock the cheap GoD version..... so... if you could lend me 100 msp (from bing) i'll be sure pay ya back tuesday![/QUOTE]

800 pt MSP cards ARE universal. Just saying.

I really want to buy Sleeping Dogs on the Hungarian but holding back because I have 1600 msp on my US one. I would end up having 400msp on Hungarian one after purchase. Don't want this split up credits :/

was anyone able to find out if dlc bought from the hungarian marketplace can be used on the us main account (since its all the same price regardless of what regional marketplace?)

[quote name='franscodelamrte']
Can anyone on here recommend Kingdoms of Amalur, I have been on the fence teetering on getting it/not getting it?[/QUOTE]
Yes, especially if you can get it for $20 or less. It does get boring toward the end, but that's pretty par for the course for these kinds of games. It's pretty great for a good portion of the game, though.

To Any football fans out there (nfl that is) Hope your team is having a good Free Agency period
Well, my team is the Panthers, so I think that pretty much answers that. ;)

[quote name='simmias']Yes, especially if you can get it for $20 or less. It does get boring toward the end, but that's pretty par for the course for these kinds of games. It's pretty great for a good portion of the game, though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's really fun. Just don't try to do ALL of the sidequests-- you'll burn yourself out way too early.

[quote name='franscodelamrte']was anyone able to find out if dlc bought from the hungarian marketplace can be used on the us main account (since its all the same price regardless of what regional marketplace?)[/QUOTE]
yes, somone posted a few pages back that they bought sleeping dogs on hungarian account and bought dlc on american account and it worked

Brace yourselves. This is NOT a question about the Hungarian market place.

Are any of these worth picking up. They all seem pretty meh, especially at 400 MSP each.
  • Geon
  • American Mensa Academy
  • Puzzle Arcade

Geon demo felt good enough for me to drop 400 MSP on the last time it was on sale. It also hadn't been on sale in over 5 years since release, and I figured it might never be on sale again. So I guess I was wrong there. I haven't actually "played" the game, because...well...ya know...

Puzzle Arcade. Do you enjoy doing puzzles on a screen with an Xbox controller? That's all you need to ask yourself as to whether the game will be good for you or not.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Geon demo felt good enough for me to drop 400 MSP on the last time it was on sale. It also hadn't been on sale in over 5 years since release, and I figured it might never be on sale again. So I guess I was wrong there. I haven't actually "played" the game, because...well...ya know...

Puzzle Arcade. Do you enjoy doing puzzles on a screen with an Xbox controller? That's all you need to ask yourself as to whether the game will be good for you or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Geon was available at a discount not too long ago. Maybe through scratch and match app?

[quote name='simmias']Yes, especially if you can get it for $20 or less. It does get boring toward the end, but that's pretty par for the course for these kinds of games. It's pretty great for a good portion of the game, though.

Well, my team is the Panthers, so I think that pretty much answers that. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sadly a chiefs fan, but energized by our moves....now the draft wait begins!

[quote name='canvasch']yes, somone posted a few pages back that they bought sleeping dogs on hungarian account and bought dlc on american account and it worked[/QUOTE]

I saw that , was wondering if Hungarian bought doc was transferable.

--On Topic--

I've been eyeing dark stalkers and wanna pull the trigger but most of the reviews/write-ups I've seen make it seem like a double edged sword, that it scratches the nostalgia itch but is hollow after that. Anyone wanna weight in further (I.e. thoughts on lasting appeal?)

Love this site and thread !

[quote name='ooga']I'm pretty sure Geon was available at a discount not too long ago. Maybe through scratch and match app?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant, I bought it that time (about 3 months ago) from the S&S app for 400 MSP because I figured it would never drop again.

NO
fuckING
WAY

Oldschool gems, an abundance of 2d games and modern 3d releases that will literally take years to play through. That's it, I'm convinced, this is the best era of videogames ever.

anyone have any idea on how to get about 200 MSP quickly? other than Bing, since I only have till the 18th and doubt I can earn that much so quickly, really wanna get the Halloween DLC for Sleeping Dogs since I was lucky enough to get the game as a birthday present. I've got 140 MSP and need roughly 200 more for the DLC, I think. if no one knows how to get it quickly (other than buying, moneys tight), what DLC is worth it thats under 140 MSP?

[quote name='MRGx']anyone have any idea on how to get about 200 MSP quickly? other than Bing, since I only have till the 18th and doubt I can earn that much so quickly, really wanna get the Halloween DLC for Sleeping Dogs since I was lucky enough to get the game as a birthday present. I've got 140 MSP and need roughly 200 more for the DLC, I think. if no one knows how to get it quickly (other than buying, moneys tight), what DLC is worth it thats under 140 MSP?[/QUOTE]
Just in case you weren't aware, you can buy MSP on live.xbox.com in increments as small as 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back