XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='solidus_00']Yep, exactly. But you get two costumes for each arcade characters in the pack instead of just one like the other packs. Reason being I believe all the other costume packs were released before the 'Arcade Edition' so to give those characters alternate costumes they added another pack with two costumes each so they be on par with the SSFIV characters. Though one could argue that they should have been just included in the Arcade Ad-on.

Here's the run down on the very confusing costume DLC this game.

Complete Alternate Costume Pack for SFIV - You get one alternate costume for every character in SFIV, but the DLC does carry over to SSFIV/Arcade so every character in SSFIV that was in SFIV gets a costume.

Super Complete Alternate Costume Pack for SSFIV/Arcade - One alternate costume for every character in SSFIV.

Ultra Complete Alternate Costume Pack for SSIV/Arcade - One alternate costume for every character in SSFIV.

Arcade Challengers Pack for Arcade Ed. - Two alternate costumes for the 4 arcade edition characters.

So after everything any character that was in SFIV has a total of 3 alternate costumes and all other characters(from SSFIV & Arcade Ed. only) have two.

.........I just wrote all that and even I'm confused now. :lol:

Also if you want to see all the costumes before hand try here. Just scroll down to the bottom on the right, they'll have links for each character showing their base costume and the alternates you get from each pack.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to type that out.

I've been getting back into this game so I might buy all of those.

[quote name='dcm1602']Are there any realease date deals for Terraria on XBLA ?

I know it came out today, but was hoping for any type of glitchage or first day discount or anything[/QUOTE]

LOL no.

[quote name='mpaullin']I know this belongs in the "Free" section (and it is there), but this is likely time sensitive and I know people probably don't frequent it much. That Frito promotion that scores you codes for The Maw or Toy Soldiers (first one) is working again.

I entered these codes (credit doesn't belong to me, but whoever first posted them on the other thread):

b1: 564105307 11:11
b2: 565105326 12:05

at this website:

http://www.chargeupyourfun.com

You can use the same codes multiple times so that you can score both games.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man!

Aww, I was honestly hoping my sarcasm would make a fool out of at least one very dense person. But hey, it's nice to be among a bright bunch. (Or a lot of people that ignore me ;) )

I already have both games, but I'll do what I can to grab codes for friends - so thanks.

[quote name='mpaullin']I know this belongs in the "Free" section (and it is there), but this is likely time sensitive and I know people probably don't frequent it much. That Frito promotion that scores you codes for The Maw or Toy Soldiers (first one) is working again.

I entered these codes (credit doesn't belong to me, but whoever first posted them on the other thread):

b1: 564105307 11:11
b2: 565105326 12:05

at this website:

http://www.chargeupyourfun.com

You can use the same codes multiple times so that you can score both games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You sir are awesome. Got both games. The upcoming 1-day sale and Microsoft sale has nothing on this. Nothing better than free.

I want to respect your work and I believe a few pages back you wanted to make sure that other region's sales aren't posted on here, but was there a thread made for other country sales? I know one was made on the main deals forum and was taken down, but never saw a place to post those deals.

Just wanted to share that a majority of the games are 600 MS points on the HU xbla along with Hitman Blood money for 400 MSP

[quote name='MachineElf']What's the best deal on points right now guys?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yokuo']Does anyone know of a Microsoft Point sale (preferably at a lower cost than the Coinstar promo)?
[/QUOTE]

We have the Subscriptions & Points Thread for just such occasions. Frankly, there's just not any deals going on as of right now.

Ended up getting the 2 $10 Skyrim expansions, all episodes of Walking Dead, and both Dead Rising Cases. Whew.

Gonna pause my spending until the 4/1 sale...

Also, anyone play the new WRC arcade game? A lot like Mario Kart, but with rally cars.

Debating if this should be added to the original post (with MPAULIN's credit). It seems to be popular here. But this is a promotion and not a deal so can't decide. Would anyone be against this idea?

[quote name='Stepith Bloodia']I wonder what the 4/1 games will be?[/QUOTE]
Risk Factions for 4,000 MSP.
Fallout 3 DLC for -1 MSP or 4,294,967,295 MSP, whichever the marketplace displays.

I've had Toy Soldiers for years but I've been waiting on a deal for The Maw for a pretty long time. Don't have to wait anymore! Thanks mpaullin!

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Debating if this should be added to the original post (with MPAULIN's credit). It seems to be popular here. But this is a promotion and not a deal so can't decide. Would anyone be against this idea?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't belong in the OP, so at best, it could just be a link to the thread about it.

The sarcasm meter has been off the charts the last few pages :) That said, totally buying the fuck out of all the La Noire dlc since that's never been on sale before

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Debating if this should be added to the original post (with MPAULIN's credit). It seems to be popular here. But this is a promotion and not a deal so can't decide. Would anyone be against this idea?[/QUOTE]
I know I don't have a shiny avatar displaying (so maybe my vote doesn't count for much), but I don't see the harm in putting it in the OP. It's like saying "Oh, by the way, while you're here checking out what's on sale, go grab these free games too".

This is kinda unrelated to the current discussion, but I was wondering how certain it is that Rockstar would release a Complete Edition for Max Payne 3?

Was thinking of picking up the game from GameFly and the DLC for a total of $25? Is this worth it for someone who never actually got to play Max Payne 1 or 2?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Do you guys have any preferences for 32gb flash drives on your xbox? Brand, etc.?

I'm tired of deleting DLC everytime I want to download DLC or install a game. I'm trying to decide what 32gb flash drive to buy from either Amazon or Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I use a 32GB and a 16GB PNY flash drive for some of my stuff as a back up/to transfer to the living room Xbox and they work great for me!

I'm so glad that the Fall of Cybertron DLC is on sale! I've been waiting since the game came out to get the Dinobot pack, but 800MSP was way to steep for me.

I'm planning to get Dragonborn and the RE 6 three mode pack as well, and maybe the other Fall of Cybertron packs if I can get some more points soon.

The Frito promotion that gives 2 xbla games (Toy Soldiers & The Maw) plus a 2 week trial can be found here
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340718
Note: post regarding this here should be removed. It does NOT belong here

Now back to the sale
Hungarian prices on most GOD games are 50% off
Hitman Blood Money 400
Hitman Absolution 880
Just Cause 2 400
Dead Rising 2 600
Midnight Club LA 600
LA Noire 600
Spiderman Dimensions 600

Anyone know if any of these games will play on north american xbox 360s?

[quote name='Cheaper']The Frito promotion that gives 2 xbla games (Toy Soldiers & The Maw) plus a 2 week trial can be found here
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340718
Note: post regarding this here should be removed. It does NOT belong here

Now back to the sale
Hitman Blood Money 400
Hitman Absolution 880
Just Cause 2 400
Dead Rising 2 600
Midnight Club LA 600
LA Noire 600
Spiderman Dimensions 600

Anyone know if any of these games will play on north american xbox 360s?[/QUOTE]

Smh

[quote name='Cheaper']
Now back to the sale
Hitman Absolution 880
Dead Rising 2 600
LA Noire 600
Spiderman Dimensions 600

Anyone know if any of these games will play on north american xbox 360s?[/QUOTE]
These will. The others you listed is IP locked.

[quote name='Wallace Suka']These will. The others you listed is IP locked.[/QUOTE]

If I made a Hungarian account and downloaded these, I'd still be able to play them on my regular North American account right?

To add a little about the current discussion of the 2 free promo games...I just can't believe you guys call yourself CAGs when you don't even look in the contest & freebie section from time to time oO" seriously I was astonished how many of you (even well known names) didn't know anything about it even if this topic has beenon fire for some days (and the promotion itself is even going on longer hum...

just to inform you you have missed out on lara croft guardian of the light codes too =O

I just want to wake up some people in here... if you're looking for deals please also consider looking for freebies in the very same forum...just a few clicks away...

Can we end the Hungarian discussions? I'm pretty sure it's all been pointed out which games are region-free and what the Hungarian sale prices are. Seriously... at least try to read the OP/posts before you just spout crap that's already been posted 50 times.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Those that were in the BattleBlock Theater beta should check their email because something new is happening with that. That's all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I would've missed that.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']To add a little about the current discussion of the 2 free promo games...I just can't believe you guys call yourself CAGs when you don't even look in the contest & freebie section from time to time oO" seriously I was astonished how many of you (even well known names) didn't know anything about it even if this topic has beenon fire for some days (and the promotion itself is even going on longer hum...

just to inform you you have missed out on lara croft guardian of the light codes too =O

I just want to wake up some people in here... if you're looking for deals please also consider looking for freebies in the very same forum...just a few clicks away...[/QUOTE]
When was this? I go there all the time and never saw anything posted about that :/

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']When was this? I go there all the time and never saw anything posted about that :/[/QUOTE]
It's been at or near the top of the forum since yesterday.
[quote name='plus1zero']I've got JC2 on PC and PS3 from PS+, I've yet to play it. Is it worth getting on the 360 for any reason other than achievements.[/QUOTE]
It's a damn good game?

Got JC2, all the Skyrim DLC, and TWD episodes. I'm hoping 4/1 has a sale on Undead Nightmare RDR pack, and Fallout 3 DLC if it's cheaper than the used compilation discs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's been at or near the top of the forum since yesterday.[/QUOTE]

On, I see it! I completely passed over it since it was just for PSN :/

[quote name='Dustinator']The sarcasm meter has been off the charts the last few pages :) That said, totally buying the fuck out of all the La Noire dlc since that's never been on sale before[/QUOTE]
Why? All the DLC has been on sale before, and the "Rockstar Pass" contains ALL the DLC, including the suits/missions left out of the Spring Sale.

BTW, sadly removing the "Sales & Specials+" app from the OP ... it's been a good run, but now I need to go out back & shoot it. ... all done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping Monday has some good sales and isn't a joke sales day. Would like to see them go really crazy with some deals. I did impuluse buy FIFA 13 last night. I really like having my games digitally now.

I saw someone post a few pages back about the Amazon Basics 32GB USB stick, I can't recommend that stick enough. It is fast, reliable, and doesn't have any annoying lights blinking while in use. Having both a SanDisk and the Amazon one, the Amazon USB stick blows away the SanDisk one in transfer times. Really has helped me out during all these Games on Demand deals.

New promo for Live Rewards "Play to Earn"

http://majornelson.com/2013/03/28/play-to-earn-from-xbox-live-rewards/

Play To Earn from Xbox LIVE Rewards

Starting Monday, April 1, we’re launching an exclusive feature for Xbox LIVE Rewards Members, MyPunchcard, an exciting new way to get rewarded for doing what you love!$ And this April, all the action is in arcade games with our exclusive Play To Earn offers, your passion for playing arcade games can pay off in a big way.

Only the most devoted Arcade fans have what it takes to black out all three Arcade Punchcards. Those who do will be guaranteed a spot in an upcoming VIP Exclusives. By simply playing your favorite arcade games and adding to your game collection, you can earn rewards in April.

Here’s the three ways you can earn rewards all month long.

1. Play 20 hours of any combination of arcade games, receive a free avatar item
2. Purchase any four arcade games for 400 Microsoft Points or more from Xbox LIVE, receive a one month Xbox LIVE Gold membership
3. Spend 3200 Microsoft Points on arcade games, receive 800 Microsoft Points in return.

It’s easy and fun, you can earn for playing and or buying ANY arcade game from Xbox LIVE.
So, play the games you already know and love like Minecraft, Terraria, Trials Evolution, Counterstrike: GO, Castle Crashers, The Walking Dead, LIMBO and more and discover new games to try and buy from Xbox LIVE.

Here’s a list of games launching in April.

BattleBlock Theater
Double Dragon II
Motocross Madness
Sacred Citadel
God Mode
Monaco
You’ll need to be an Xbox LIVE Rewards member to sign up and learn more on Xbox.com

Finally getting around to playing the last 2 Walking Dead episodes bought them the last time they were cheap. If you don't have them all buy them now or I will eat your face.

Free games mentioned are Toy Soldiers and The Maw, I didn't see it till last night and on a different site even! ;)

Edit: free by redeeming the supplied Doritos codes not on XBL.

Fine with me if you add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back