XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']How worth it is the LA Noire Rockstar Pass? Is it worth grabbing if you like the core game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the cases are very fun. Especially the later two (the Vice and Arson desk cases).

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Everyone that did the ACIII exploit shouldn't be worried about not finishing the download the first time. It should be in your download history, just restart it. To the system you "own" the game so....

I think it's about time I look into this Hungarian account thing. I haven't seen a thread specifically for it.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to update those that may still be waiting to complete the ACIII dl. I got cancelled @ 78% after waiting 6hrs. or so yesterday. After reading a bit more, I tried migrating (no problems). When I logged back in the dl was in my history so I started again late last night/morning. The dl seemed to be just as slow as the first w/ all of the same repeated disco. problems. Nonetheless, if you are a persistent one such as myself, it should complete. My dl literally finished less than 15min. and SP/MP both appear to be working just as they should.

I'd like to thank all you CAGs that shared your experiences. Regarding ethics, there's much more to be worried about than this whole 'deal'.

I think it was mentioned in a reply, but the Hungarian account will likely not have its own thread (though I think it may have and was removed by mods)...nothing a few scans can't remedy.

[quote name='MisterLemon']I have it purchased, do you think it'll still download in 2 and a half weeks?[/QUOTE] Check your Chinese account's download history (or is it purchase history?) if its there then yes, it should download, whenever you want.

[quote name='deszaras']I'm thinking of getting the Dragonborn dlc for Skyrim. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah! It's only the whole island of
, more perks, weapons, enemies, vistas, loot, and more Dragonbornism. Not to
mention you get to ride dragons!

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Where did the Sales & Specials info go on the OP?[/QUOTE]

It's gone. I've got some deals with it too in the time it was. Too bad I thought it was a good thing. Nice going MS!

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']I just migrated it first because I couldn't even add it to the DL queue through the Chinese website, kept giving me an error. Once it was a US account I could just DL it from the US marketplace. Set it up last night and confirmed fine this morning.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps someone could explain how one migrates a Chinese account to a US account in case one (ME!) needs too?

[quote name='chooka1']Debating on hearthfire dlc. No real desire to play house but one review said you could store your nod companions there. Any other benefits to this dlc?
How long to build a house that enables storing companions? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well your going to need gold, like a mine full. So it may be slow for someone who is starting out a new character. Do you own a place in Skyrim right now? Do you like that? Then you will like Hearthfire. Yes, there are benefits.
[quote name='Elite49']This is an April Fools joke... right guys? Guys....:puke:[/QUOTE]

I bet (not really) that it partly is an April Fools joke. I think they only listed part of the deals. Enough to get people interested, but not overly. Then when the sale begin...BAM! We all laugh and rejoice.

On second thought no, those are the deals, and they are kind of a joke.

[quote name='GUNNM']1600 points for the season pass isn't bad especially since all of the DLC isn't out yet and majority of the people here got the game free[/QUOTE]

Yes, some did. Would the DLC work for those who use their Chinese account? How would that work?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']
What about the Red Dead Redemption DLC?[/QUOTE]
I was hoping in these too, since I got the game on the last sale (but haven't finished it yet).
Oh well, my wallet is happy. Will get Dishonored DLC and DR2 Case Zero for 320 MSP. Not bad.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']

Yes, some did. Would the DLC work for those who use their Chinese account? How would that work?[/QUOTE]
You'll be fine

[quote name='Shifty Effect']On the US account, Chinese account? or should I migrate and then do it?[/QUOTE]
Buy it on your US account you'll be fine. Region free is region free

[quote name='sk8ordie']

I'd like to thank all you CAGs that shared your experiences. Regarding ethics, there's much more to be worried about than this whole 'deal'.
[/QUOTE]

personally, I don't feel to bad. If microsoft cant get it's site working right, then they can live with a couple free downloads. If it was something like the entire ubi store being free, then I might have thought twice, but otherwise it's not really piracy

Seconded MrNinjaSquirrel.

I tried to PM Shifty Effect but didn't see in sent so I'll post what helped me in case others still feel the need to migrate:

(To others: Before reading wall of text, see iRandom's post below and perhaps follow step 1's "Use another browser")

1. Use another browser or make sure you are completely signed out of everything microsoft.

2. Google something like "How do I migrate my xbox live profile" - the results should yield ms support forum entries in 1st cpl hits.

3. Follow one and find what's best for info (this keeps the info in English until you log in to Chinese account from the support forum pages).

4. Once you log in, you'll need to have Google Translate in a tab close to the Xbox Live page. (Copy/Paste most of the relevant text in the margins of xbl to goog trans.) This should translate well enough to follow prompts.

5. You'll come to a drop down w/ a cpl Chinese characters. Select United States (will be in English) Follow the green buttons after any other info reqs.

6. It's relatively easy and you should have a success screen by now.

7. Log in on console (same as purchase) > Account > DL History > Select and DL ...should complete and you'll be set.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same layout for all regions so if you know where one is located (where to click) then you'll be fine when you're trying to migrate over to US from another region. The same also goes for the Billing info page
protip: Familiarize yourself with the layout on a US account that way you'll know how to navigate yourself when on a foreign setting

Looks like a few people beat me to the obvious "Those April 1st deals are a joke" gag. I might nab the Dishonored DLC at 160 points, but everything else gets a pass. I was hoping for at least one decent XBLA discount.

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, does anyone know if dlc counts toward this spend $40 on arcade games deal?[/QUOTE]

No one knows yet, someone contacted them about it, but hasn't gotten a reply yet.

[quote name='GUNNM']1600 points for the season pass isn't bad especially since all of the DLC isn't out yet and majority of the people here got the game free[/QUOTE]
Bingo lol...

I just returned from trading in my copy that I just got from Amazon for more than I paid for it. :lol:

I'll def. pick up the season pass & prob. BF3 content.

Thanks Stephan..

[quote name='iRandom']It's the same layout for all regions so if you know where one is located (where to click) then you'll be fine when you're trying to migrate over to US from another region. The same also goes for the Billing info page
protip: Familiarize yourself with the layout on a US account that way you'll know how to navigate yourself when on a foreign setting[/QUOTE]

Or just log into your Chinese account.

After you do you will see a section in the URL that shows "www.xbox.com/zh-CN/...."

Where that "zh-CN" is designates language and area. If you're migrating it won't matter so change "zh-CN" in the URL to "en-US" . This changes it to English while still on you Chinese account.

You're welcome

Microsoft Studios Sale 2-Apr to 8-Apr up to 50% off

Im thinking about getting season pass for ac3
but im not liking ac3 so far and im like halfway done ;/

[quote name='Tallkido']Microsoft Studios Sale 2-Apr to 8-Apr up to 50% off

Im thinking about getting season pass for ac3
but im not liking ac3 so far and im like halfway done ;/[/QUOTE]

It gets better as you go, and the best parts are probably all of the extra stuff you can do besides the campaign. The Tyranny of King Washington add-ons are awesome and definitely worth buying the season pass for

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Or just log into your Chinese account.

After you do you will see a section in the URL that shows "www.xbox.com/zh-CN/...."

Where that "zh-CN" is designates language and area. If you're migrating it won't matter so change "zh-CN" in the URL to "en-US" . This changes it to English while still on you Chinese account.

You're welcome[/QUOTE]

No

[quote name='sk8ordie']Seconded MrNinjaSquirrel.

I tried to PM Shifty Effect but didn't see in sent so I'll post what helped me in case others still feel the need to migrate:

(To others: Before reading wall of text, see iRandom's post below and perhaps follow step 1's "Use another browser")

1. Use another browser or make sure you are completely signed out of everything microsoft.

2. Google something like "How do I migrate my xbox live profile" - the results should yield ms support forum entries in 1st cpl hits.

3. Follow one and find what's best for info (this keeps the info in English until you log in to Chinese account from the support forum pages).

4. Once you log in, you'll need to have Google Translate in a tab close to the Xbox Live page. (Copy/Paste most of the relevant text in the margins of xbl to goog trans.) This should translate well enough to follow prompts.

5. You'll come to a drop down w/ a cpl Chinese characters. Select United States (will be in English) Follow the green buttons after any other info reqs.

7. Log in on console (same as purchase) > Account > DL History > Select and DL ...should complete and you'll be set.[/QUOTE]
I tried to download the game onto the HDD after changing my Chinese account to a UK account (by mistake since I live in Canada) but the file got corrupted while it was downloading. Is there any way I can fix this?

[quote name='Masters_93']I tried to download the game onto the HDD after changing my Chinese account to a UK account (by mistake since I live in Canada) but the file got corrupted while it was downloading. Is there any way I can fix this?[/QUOTE]

you might want to just try it again, mine stopped halfway through the first time. If it starts back where it left off you should be good to go

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']you might want to just try it again, mine stopped halfway through the first time. If it starts back where it left off you should be good to go[/QUOTE]

Does it matter that I live in Canada though? I mean if the game does get downloaded, can I play it with the Canadian account instead of the UK one?

[quote name='Masters_93']Does it matter that I live in Canada though? I mean if the game does get downloaded, can I play it with the Canadian account instead of the UK one?[/QUOTE]
It gets saved to the hd, so you are fine.

[quote name='Masters_93']Does it matter that I live in Canada though? I mean if the game does get downloaded, can I play it with the Canadian account instead of the UK one?[/QUOTE]

yep, as far as I can tell anything that will download to your console can be played with gamertag from any region;)

Think they posted it a few days ago, but really glad to see they made it so you can keep track of your progress for whatever offer is up, especially ones requiring so many hours. Still wish we knew if add-ons for XBLA games count towards the 3,200 MSP offer.

One man's shitty deal is another man's awesome.

My FO3 is standard and I've never bought DLC. Came *this* close to getting the goty edition today but I didnt. Come home and everythings gonna be 200. Awesome day.

I'll def be getting everything but Moship Zeta, not sure if I'll have the points to get that in time.

Dman, I live in Costa Rica and have those games restricted by area, so even if I try to download Assassin's Creed or almost any other game (even bough on demand) it stops at certaing percentage. I need to do some VPN stuff to download it but don't really know how to do that... so, enjoy whoever doesn't have any geographical virtual frontier.

[quote name='GUNNM']Buy it on your US account you'll be fine. Region free is region free[/QUOTE]
Whoops, I should know that.

[quote name='sk8ordie']Seconded MrNinjaSquirrel.

7. Log in on console (same as purchase) > Account > DL History > Select and DL ...should complete and you'll be set.[/QUOTE]
I got your PM, thanks again.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Or just log into your Chinese account.

You're welcome[/QUOTE]
I noticed that while "accidentally" getting ACIII.

[quote name='sk8ordie']I wanted to update those that may still be waiting to complete the ACIII dl. I got cancelled @ 78% after waiting 6hrs. or so yesterday. After reading a bit more, I tried migrating (no problems). When I logged back in the dl was in my history so I started again late last night/morning. The dl seemed to be just as slow as the first w/ all of the same repeated disco. problems. Nonetheless, if you are a persistent one such as myself, it should complete. My dl literally finished less than 15min. and SP/MP both appear to be working just as they should.

I think it was mentioned in a reply, but the Hungarian account will likely not have its own thread (though I think it may have and was removed by mods)...nothing a few scans can't remedy.[/QUOTE]
Ethics? Is it ethical for companies to withhold content on disc and call it DLC? There are a lot of things companies do wrong, knowingly. For me I see no problem with doing it. I'm not accessing anything through illegal means. I didn't hack, infringe on anyones privacy, or anything I wasn't allowed to. Nor did I break any agreement.

Besides, MS and Ubisoft has made a killing from me over the years. Plus I will be purchasing ACIII DLC, which even without discounts, costs quite a bit.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']Anyone have any thoughtson the raccoon city dlc?[/QUOTE]
"Why do people want to keep playing it or give it more money?" - me

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm baffled by how many actually seem to like Raccoon City#-o[/QUOTE]

Lol I kinda liked it but game was frustrating. Fun with co op

With the free Assassins Creed 3, that was only on Chinese marketplace right? Also, it is definitely over right?
Do many specials happen for Chinese marketplace?
I ask as I already have US, Japan, UK and Hungarian accounts as extras, dont really want to add another account if there is not much need.

[quote name='xbox_man']With the free Assassins Creed 3, that was only on Chinese marketplace right? Also, it is definitely over right?
Do many specials happen for Chinese marketplace?
I ask as I already have US, Japan, UK and Hungarian accounts as extras, dont really want to add another account if there is not much need.[/QUOTE]
It was over once Kotaku and Reddit made it public to everyone. Though they happen very rarely and it's also just matter of right place, right time, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

[quote name='bardockkun']It was over once Kotaku and Reddit made it public to everyone. Though they happen very rarely and it's also just matter of right place, right time, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that.

With the spring sale in the description it said that the games listed were just a preview. So does anybody know if there are some specials that were not in the list?

There is nothing quite like being 40 points shy of a 1200 point game and only having 20 points pending in rewards, makes me wish the deposit was instant, oh well.

I have this feeling in my gut that the April 1st sale is going to be really mediocre.

[quote name='V1cT']There is nothing quite like being 40 points shy of a 1200 point game and only having 20 points pending in rewards, makes me wish the deposit was instant, oh well.

I have this feeling in my gut that the April 1st sale is going to be really mediocre.[/QUOTE]
Um...the list has been up since early today for the April 1st sale.

[quote name='bardockkun']Um...the list has been up since early today for the April 1st sale.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just saw it now.

That's not even mediocre, that's down right -bad-. Wow, I'm almost offended that anyone at MS would consider these "Deals".

The only game I was interested in for the sale going on now was Blood Money but for some reason Canadian accounts cannot purchase or access it on Live.

Yeah, Fallout 3 DLC on sale again is really bottom of the barrel. I Still don't know how the New Vegas DLC only gets a one day sale, but FO3 keeps going sale again and again.

I picked up TWD ep 1&2 with a few extra MS points.

Wow. Game is amazing. I am gonna pick up 3-5 before the sale ends.

Also I hope WWE all stars is 800 or less. That game is high everywhere :/

With The Walking Dead down to $20 new at Best Buy this week, I'm considering buying that and selling it once I'm done, instead of paying 800 MSP for the GoD version. How bad are the bugs with the physical version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back